• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Breaking news about Camden Fairview Girls Basketball

Started by wildboy44, June 05, 2014, 02:58:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

wildboy44

Thanks for the greatest years in girls basketball....Good luck!!

T-Wacker

wildboy44

HorseFeathers

So when it's all said and done is Fairview going to have a COMPLETE turnover in coaches from 2013-14, to 2014-15?

wildboy44

Quote from: HF on June 05, 2014, 09:41:08 pm
So when it's all said and done is Fairview going to have a COMPLETE turnover in coaches from 2013-14, to 2014-15?
Yes we will. Sad day for us.

Temprees

dragon67

Camden-Fairview is thankful for your successful years in girls basketball. You will be greatly missed. Best of luck to you and your family.  :)  :-*

wildboy44

Lionheart88

Same school the football coach is going to.  Interesting.

Rocket23

Clay Reeves interviewed and was on campus, but after his wife visited he turned it down.

LRCA has some talent coming back, so this coach should continue his winning ways.

AT

Quote from: Rocket23 on June 10, 2014, 01:45:33 pm
Clay Reeves interviewed and was on campus, but after his wife visited he turned it down.

LRCA has some talent coming back, so this coach should continue his winning ways.

Greenwood Clay Reeves went to interview at CF?!

NWA Hawg

NWA Hawg

spongebob

Quote from: fann07 on June 13, 2014, 09:11:00 pm
Any news on the boys coaching search?

Boys job is getting less than impressive resumes. Gonna have to choose between guys too old for the job or a current assistant from another school unless something changes very soon.

NWA Hawg

When are they looking to hire? Where's the assitant from?

NWA Hawg

I heard the were interviewing tommorrow. Any truth to that?

dragon67

I have no idea about all of the applicants for the two Camden Fairview basketball jobs, but one had a team in a state championship game in another state, plus having his girls team in the state tournament this year.  Also, another coach has been successful in south Arkansas for several years.  Neither of these coaches are old.

NWA Hawg

wildboy44

Quote from: fann07 on June 16, 2014, 10:09:30 am
Are both of these girls coaches
Donell Ford assistant from magnolia....Head boys coach at Camden Fairview.

NWA Hawg

wildboy44

Quote from: fann07 on June 18, 2014, 10:57:15 am
Must have been a weak pool of applicants
I said it a while back....coaches are kicking the door down to leave, but they are not rushing to get here. Wonder Why?

wildboy44

NWA Hawg

Did they not have any head coach applicants? Just don't see why you go with an assistant.

wildboy44

Quote from: fann07 on June 18, 2014, 11:13:45 am
Did they not have any head coach applicants? Just don't see why you go with an assistant.
They did have head coach applicants...Our administrative team and school board continue to prove Buck James right.

spongebob

Quote from: wildboy44 on June 18, 2014, 09:54:42 am
Quote from: fann07 on June 16, 2014, 10:09:30 am
Are both of these girls coaches
Donell Ford assistant from magnolia....Head boys coach at Camden Fairview.
Good luck Coach Ford. You will need all the luck you can get dealing with your soon-to-be Bosses.

Rocket23

no, he interviewed at LRCA and was offered the job

quote author=Almatrackster link=topic=136357.msg2984405#msg2984405 date=1402426516]
Quote from: Rocket23 on June 10, 2014, 01:45:33 pm

Greenwood Clay Reeves went to interview at CF?!
[/quote]

bleudog

"Johnny Jackson, who coached football and girls basketball at Strong, was hired recently to be the head girls basketball coach at Camden Fairview. Jackson replaces Ronald Rogers, who left the Cardinals to take the same position at Little Rock Christian..........."

CLICK HERE

NWA Hawg

Quote from: bleudog on July 08, 2014, 07:28:38 am
"Johnny Jackson, who coached football and girls basketball at Strong, was hired recently to be the head girls basketball coach at Camden Fairview. Jackson replaces Ronald Rogers, who left the Cardinals to take the same position at Little Rock Christian..........."

CLICK HERE

Wow. Seems like a weird hire and a real confusing move for coach Jackson.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: dragon67 on July 09, 2014, 01:49:39 pm
How is that?

How many head football coaches have you seen leave to take a girls basketball job?

dragon67

He was a successful basketball coach in Louisiana.  The football job was his first.  Strong High School probably will not exist in 2-3 years because of the 350 number that got Stephens.

Lionheart88

Quote from: dragon67 on July 09, 2014, 09:16:25 pm
He was a successful basketball coach in Louisiana.  The football job was his first.  Strong High School probably will not exist in 2-3 years because of the 350 number that got Stephens.
There are 63 AAA member-schools (a few of them private, admittedly) smaller than Strong in the most recent classification report.  Is all of 1A and a sizable portion of 2A all about to be consolidated?  Somehow I doubt it.

dragon67

They just graduated a large class.  Several are using choice to go to another school(s).  The prediction is that they will be under 350--maybe even 330.  The AAA is an average over a 3-3-year period.  When Strong consolidated with Huttig, they had 430 and Huttig had 230 for a total of 660.  They have lost nearly half in a 10-year period.  I wish it were not so, because I
have many friends in Strong, but facts are facts.

Lionheart88

Even so, if it's true there it's gotta be true of all of class 1A as well.  There's public 1A schools with 1/3rd of Strong's students, and even less.

HorseFeathers

A lot of 1a schools are in consolidated districts

NWA Hawg

Quote from: dragon67 on July 11, 2014, 01:03:23 am
They just graduated a large class.  Several are using choice to go to another school(s).  The prediction is that they will be under 350--maybe even 330.  The AAA is an average over a 3-3-year period.  When Strong consolidated with Huttig, they had 430 and Huttig had 230 for a total of 660.  They have lost nearly half in a 10-year period.  I wish it were not so, because I
have many friends in Strong, but facts are facts.

I hate to see these situations being from a small school myself but I have to smile a little too when I hear it. Schools like strong were quick to shut down little schools like hutt. For the simple reason that they were small. Then when the time comes that they are to small they cry about how their school is the towns identity and how they can't lose the school just because of numbers. Maybe if strong would have kept hutt. open then they would have kept the hutt students instead of a good bit of them school choiceing to parkers chapel and other surrounding schools. Same thing just happened at Stephens. Stephens promised Mcniel a new district name, new mascot, keep the elementary open, and numerous other things. Then they shut them down in a year both high school and elementary just because they were to small to keep open. Then all last year all you heard in the paper was Stephens people saying we have to keep our school to keep our town and that numbers was not a reason to close a school. Funny to me that numbers was the only reason just 5 or 6 years ago. Maybe if they would have kept Mcniel open then over 100 kids from Mcniel wouldn't have went to magnolia and Stephens would have keep there school. These small sothern schools need to look north to the small schools there. They join districts, keep everybody open, and get this they work together for the good of the schools and the students. Except for the Emerson-Taylor-Bradley district all consolidated schools in the south consolidate and close cause the biggest school in the district feels they have power over them simply cause thier bigger. That is until it's their turn to consolidate. Sorry so long just had to put that out there.

bleudog

Strong's last Report to the Public:
http://strong.k12.ar.us/uploads/Annual%20Report.pdf

Lionheart88

So last year they were at 122% of the 350 number.  If people choicing-out is such an issue, why not opt out of it, as Dollarway has?

bleudog

Quote from: Lionheart88 on July 11, 2014, 08:20:19 pm
So last year they were at 122% of the 350 number.  If people choicing-out is such an issue, why not opt out of it, as Dollarway has?

Two issues:

1)  Dollarway's exemption is based on it never having been released from an old desegregation order.  I assume Strong was never under such a federal order.  CLICK HERE

2)  Strong is under an Academic Distress classification which makes transferring to a district that is not classified as such all the easier:  CLICK HERE

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas