• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tournament and weather

Started by ahsalum, March 03, 2014, 07:39:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ahsalum

I don't see how any of these roads can thaw out today with a forecast high of only 26 in the River Valley.

The roads are as covered and frozen as I've seen since my '83 tour.

If anyone gets any updates....please post them here or start a new thread and sticky it to the top..

DogsWin7

Quote from: HF on March 03, 2014, 10:01:22 am
Just seen on twitter that 5A is postponed, with Semi's re-scheduled to Sunday....

Seen on the other thread. 

godeep

East teams are in bad shape. Paragould GCT FC it is going to be hard for them to be in school Wednesday.

ahsalum

The main Highways here in Alma are thawing out.....but the secondary roads on the north side of the school district are not going to improve much at all. And then what does turn to slush today will refreeze tonight...with a low of 16 Tuesday morning. If i had to bet, I'd say Alma will be out again....although they can't afford any more days.

The Alma admin sure has their hands full with this nasty weather......juggling the tournament schedule, communicating with all of the attending schools... and deciding whether or not to cancel school another day...

..and on top of that...Wednesday night....late...after it drops below freezing.....I'm gonna open up all the fire hydrants and see if we can't get ourselves an ice skating rink downtown....

Go Postal

Hopefully, Huntsville girls, Harrison boy/girls and East teams can make it on time.  We got hit pretty hard, but I noticed that some of the major roads seemed to thaw out here in Harrison, but not sure of the roads going to Alma.  Drivers, be careful out there.

ahsalum

Looks like the roads cleared up pretty quickly....

Should have school tommorrow.

backatyou

I think the games have been backed up a day.

sevenof400

Quote from: Steve Perry on March 03, 2014, 05:04:40 pm

Looks like the roads cleared up pretty quickly....

Should have school tommorrow.

Won't be the case in Central Arkansas - a lot of schools have already cancelled for tomorrow.  There will be some schools with problems traveling Wednesday - will AAA work with them to massage the schedule? 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas