• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Discuss the Round 13 AND 14 games in the 5A West (Feb 25 and 28) here!

Started by sevenof400, February 23, 2014, 11:29:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Go Postal

Lady Devils Dogs 65
Lady Goblins 51

Final :o  20 turnovers by Lady GOBS in game.

Golden Goblins 32
Devil Dogs 27

Halftime.  DDogs getting their Championship rings.

Forrest City H

Alma and Harrison both clinging to halftime leads, both desperate to avoid Forrest City next week!  Keep the updates coming please!

DogsWin7

Quote from: Forrest City H on February 28, 2014, 08:29:02 pm
Alma and Harrison both clinging to halftime leads, both desperate to avoid Forrest City next week!  Keep the updates coming please!

Let's Gooooooooo Airedales and Goblins!!!!!   

AT

PercussionMan

Refs calling lots of crap on Morrilton and hardly anything at all on Harrison. Morrilton starting to get rowdy.

Go Postal

DogsWin7

Quote from: PercussionMan on February 28, 2014, 08:48:54 pm
Refs calling lots of crap on Morrilton and hardly anything at all on Harrison. Morrilton starting to get rowdy.

Don't be bitter.......

That's ugly.   

PercussionMan

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on February 28, 2014, 08:53:34 pm

Don't be bitter.......

That's ugly.   

Just telling what is happening. I have watched the entire game.

DogsWin7

Quote from: PercussionMan on February 28, 2014, 08:55:56 pm
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on February 28, 2014, 08:53:34 pm

Don't be bitter.......

That's ugly.   

Just telling what is happening. I have watched the entire game.

Well.....actually you are giving your opinion of what is happening.....

Hopefully some of my goblin buddies will post their version too.....  :)

AT

AT

Go Postal

GOBS win  67-61!  Heck of a game.  Goblins need to make those FTs.  Alma do us well against FC, I'm rooting for you!

DogsWin7

Go Postal

Not sure of what happened in the Lady Goblins game (listen to it a work), but I know that Tate was home ill and the Lady Goblins had 20 turnovers.  Oh well, Harrison boys/girls go to playoffs in the #3 seed.  I believe that this is the first time in nine years that both Harrison teams have been in the playoffs together.  GO Goblins and Lady Goblins!!  GO West!!

Chief_Osceola™

leaglebb

ahsalum

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Steve Perry on February 28, 2014, 09:40:30 pm

Easy tiger....

No more Old English for you

*Olde, with the gothic style letters. That way it looks like a distinguished beverage and you won't realize a 40 is $1.25 until you're at the register.

Go Postal

Quote from: HackerHog on February 28, 2014, 09:20:38 pm
Both sides left it on the floor! VERY PHYSICAL GAME! I hope someone in the Goblin family has a REAL NICE hot whirlpool bath for these kids to soak in
I agree.  Goblins/Devil Dogs.  It is always interesting when these two mythological entities get together in any sport.
Congrats Goblins on your win and when you are soaking in that hot whirlpool bath, thinking about the season past and contemplating the playoffs future, here is some music to listen to...

GO GOLDEN GOBLINS!

P.F.G.

Quote from: HackerHog on February 28, 2014, 09:42:12 pm
Quote from: Steve Perry on February 28, 2014, 09:40:30 pm

Easy tiger....

No more Old English for you

PBRs long gone. Pure Knob Creek on rocks now. Thankful to have a spare bottle in reserve.

Watering down knob creek? Unamerican.....

AT

I thought Morrilton was getting the shaft on calls too. But that isn't the reason they lost. They lost because they jacked too many 3s and missed layups in the first 3 quarters.

Go Postal

Quote from: HackerHog on February 28, 2014, 09:36:21 pm
Quote from: Go Postal on February 28, 2014, 09:23:17 pm
Not sure of what happened in the Lady Goblins game (listen to it a work), but I know that Tate was home ill and the Lady Goblins had 20 turnovers.  Oh well, Harrison boys/girls go to playoffs in the #3 seed.  I believe that this is the first time in nine years that both Harrison teams have been in the playoffs together.  GO Goblins and Lady Goblins!!  GO West!!

If I hear in the next few days that Lady Gobs lost because Tate wasn't there, I'll likely punch them. Then punch them again.

Lady Gobs could've had two Taylor Tates and it wouldn't have mattered.

The credit goes to to Lady Devil Dogs. They absolutely busted it from 3-point range in the 3rd period.

Get better Taylor.
BWAHAHAHA!  I think that is funny.  Nice Hacker.  Too many Busch's for me. ;)

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: DiehardFBfan on February 28, 2014, 09:48:05 pm
A buck 25 sounds cheap chief!!!   

It may be a little more now. Maybe a buck and a half. But the packaging makes you feel as if you're sipping a fine vintage scotch, even though it tastes like water mixed with ground-up charcoal.

Go Postal

Quote from: Almatrackster on February 28, 2014, 09:47:43 pm
I thought Morrilton was getting the shaft on calls too. But that isn't the reason they lost. They lost because they jacked too many 3s and missed layups in the first 3 quarters.
I agree, but Golden Goblins still need to make those FTs.

ahsalum

DogsWin7

Had???   Noooooooooooo.

We just follow the leader..... Hahahahahahaha!!

Go Postal

Quote from: Steve Perry on February 28, 2014, 09:57:41 pm

This had turned into a beer drinking thread...

Well done...
When a conference goes down to the last conference game to pick playoff seeds.  Then you never know what will come up. ;)  Thank goodness that this county went wet and I have next week off. ;D

Go Postal

But seriously, now is time to focus on the playoffs.  We are done battering up each other.  Time for the West to bring it to the other conferences once again.  GO WEST!

DogsWin7

Quote from: Go Postal on February 28, 2014, 10:09:53 pm
Quote from: Steve Perry on February 28, 2014, 09:57:41 pm

This had turned into a beer drinking thread...

Well done...
When a conference goes down to the last conference game to pick playoff seeds.  Then you never know what will come up. ;)  Thank goodness that this county went wet and I have next week off. ;D

Amen!   

I hate winter.     Postal you need a Holiday!   BB Tournaments should be legalized! 

PercussionMan

Quote from: HackerHog on February 28, 2014, 09:32:52 pm

Dumb post of the night. Devil dogs on Senior night getting squeezed?!? I don't think so. I thought the refs let them play. Most physical game I've seen this year. Maybe that's what you mean?

Did you watch any of the game?  At all?  Harrison had a player (#23, I think) who must have had Penzoil on the bottom of his shoes...he shuffled his feet and slid so many times in the second half, and he might have gotten called for it once.  Two rows of fans in front of me were talking about the same thing...so, I know it wasn't just me.  They had a kid in the corner (right in front of Morrilton's band) who had been tied up by two Morrilton players...he shuffled his feet and then swung his elbows in their faces trying to maintain possession...looked like he made contact with one of the Devil Dog players...no call.

Unbiased basketball fans (those not looking through their "Harrison goggles" or their "Morrilton goggles") who know the game would have spotted those, as well as a few other questionable "no calls" against Harrison.  I would guess that the ratio of calls was about 3:1...maybe I'm wrong.

Now, that being said, do I think it's worth complaining about the officiating?  No, not really...just making my point/stating my opinion (as one poster said earlier). 

As far as Harrison...those kids are very physical...they are good shooters...they put the pedal down from the opening tip against Morrilton and really looked solid.  As a #3 seed in the tournament, I think they could make some noise, and I hope they do.  Another thing...that #2 must be the kid I heard about before seeing them play...speed, speed, speed...and a pretty dang good all around player.

As far as Morrilton...too many missed layups...too trigger happy on the 3-pointers (one kid bricked 3-4 in the second half and had no business taking threes...he needs to be at the post)...too many missed free throws.  Great regular season, but they choked three times in the second half of the conference season...at Alma...at Clarksville...and at home against Harrison tonight.  I hope they have the bugs worked out of the system before the tournament starts. 

I guess the #2 seed isn't all that bad for the Devil Dogs though...afterall, they won a state title this season in football as a #2 seed, so there's still hope! 

Good luck to all during the state tournament!!

PercussionMan

Quote from: Almatrackster on February 28, 2014, 09:47:43 pm

See...I knew myself and the Morrilton fans were not al dumb!  But, yes, I agree...and missed free throws by Morrilton didn't help along with those missed layups and too many 3-pointers taken and missed.  Two of the better scorers for the Devil Dogs (#22 and #23) looked off tonight.  Hats off to Harrison.

ZoneBuster

AT

Quote from: ZoneBuster on February 28, 2014, 11:31:24 pm
I think the 3 seed may be the easiest draw to semis. Wow

It almost certainly is. Except for the fact that Paragould could turn out to be a very solid team. They actually played FC within single digits this year both times.

sevenof400

Quote from: PercussionMan on February 28, 2014, 10:56:11 pm
See...I knew myself and the Morrilton fans were not al dumb!  But, yes, I agree...and missed free throws by Morrilton didn't help along with those missed layups and too many 3-pointers taken and missed.  Two of the better scorers for the Devil Dogs (#22 and #23) looked off tonight.  Hats off to Harrison.

I can't help but think back to the Vilonia at Morrilton game as I was reading the recent posts on this game.  In bringing this up again, I'm thinking that Morrilton (more than most teams) will be at the mercy of the tournament draw.....of officials.

I don't think there is any doubt that Morrilton plays the most aggressive defense in the 5A West and even throughout the conference season, the referees assigned to the Morrilton games likely had a higher influence on the outcome of Devil Dog games than any other team.

Again, let me pause to reiterate this point - the inconsistency from the referees in applying the POE this year on reducing backcourt contact has played a significant role in determining the outcome of games.  That is problem that AAA and the AOA need to address. 

In the meantime, as good as Morrilton is (and yes, they are a very good team), should they run into an officiating crew who clamps down on backcourt contact they could be in trouble.   

woods

#25 from Harrison hit the biggest shot of the year with that 3 with 3 minutes to. #23 from Harrison is a legit player. #2 disappeared after 1st half. Really impressed with Harrison. Morrilton took some of the worst shots at the worst time. Whoever lied to #22 and told him and #50 they the top 2 scoring options on that team needs help. Lil guard from Morrlton didn't have look all 4th quarter. Wasn't what Harrison was doing but the fact they made awful decisions.Harrison has chance to cause problems in tourney.

AT

Morrilton played about as poorly as possible for 3 quarters and still almost pulled it out. If they will play like they are capable of, Morrilton will have a shot at a state title.

rjrose

Quote from: Go Postal on February 28, 2014, 09:50:18 pm
Quote from: HackerHog on February 28, 2014, 09:36:21 pm
Quote from: Go Postal on February 28, 2014, 09:23:17 pm

If I hear in the next few days that Lady Gobs lost because Tate wasn't there, I'll likely punch them. Then punch them again.

Lady Gobs could've had two Taylor Tates and it wouldn't have mattered.

The credit goes to to Lady Devil Dogs. They absolutely busted it from 3-point range in the 3rd period.

Get better Taylor.
BWAHAHAHA!  I think that is funny.  Nice Hacker.  Too many Busch's for me. ;)
Well HackerHog you can come bust me in the face.  Not that Harrison would have won if she had been there but 20 turnovers is hard to overcome.  Nolan used to say, cut off the head and the body dies and that is what he said the point guard is on a team.  The head.  We turned it over too many times in the first half or would have had a big lead and might could have withstood that 8 three point barrage by Morrilton in the 3rd quarter.  Again, we might have still lost but I would take my chances.  Anyone that knows basketball is that it is hard to win without a true point guard and that is what Taylor is.  Give credit to Morrilton because they took it to us with unbelievable shooting and we seemed to lose our fight with the big margin to overcome and everyone in foul trouble.  But lose your point guard and 2nd leading scorer and I will beat you most times.  The girls did the best they can do but there is also a mental factor when you know your missing one of your starters.  Ask Manila who lost their star player before playing Valley the other night if it makes a difference.  Lady Gobs are still going to state and have a chance to make some noise.  I'm proud of them.  Go Harrison!

PercussionMan

Quote from: sevenof400 on March 01, 2014, 09:22:53 am
Quote from: PercussionMan on February 28, 2014, 10:56:11 pm

I can't help but think back to the Vilonia at Morrilton game as I was reading the recent posts on this game.  In bringing this up again, I'm thinking that Morrilton (more than most teams) will be at the mercy of the tournament draw.....of officials.

I don't think there is any doubt that Morrilton plays the most aggressive defense in the 5A West and even throughout the conference season, the referees assigned to the Morrilton games likely had a higher influence on the outcome of Devil Dog games than any other team.

Again, let me pause to reiterate this point - the inconsistency from the referees in applying the POE this year on reducing backcourt contact has played a significant role in determining the outcome of games.  That is problem that AAA and the AOA need to address. 

In the meantime, as good as Morrilton is (and yes, they are a very good team), should they run into an officiating crew who clamps down on backcourt contact they could be in trouble.

Other people from other schools notice the issues as well.  I'm glad that Morrilton fans aren't the only ones that saw those things.  I'm not one to point the finger and say that it's the referees' faults, but when I see trends (as well as other peole do), then, there's something to be said.  Again, Morrilton still had a shot to pull off the win at the end of the Harrison game but made some terrible decisions and missed shots/free throws.  There's a chance for those two teams to meet again in the state tournament.  I would like to see it...with a different officiating crew, of course!

PercussionMan

Quote from: Almatrackster on March 01, 2014, 11:14:20 am
Morrilton played about as poorly as possible for 3 quarters and still almost pulled it out. If they will play like they are capable of, Morrilton will have a shot at a state title.

I agree...they looked bad at times but really stuck in there, despite the aggressiveness of Harrison (and the officials).  You said it, though..."IF they will play like they are capable of..."...that's what it's really all about for Morrilton.  They either show up for the state tournament, or they'll be done.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas