• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 5A East Boys and Girls Final Standings (updated thru 2/25 Games)

Started by MikeDiesel™, December 18, 2013, 01:15:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

godeep

FC 45 Blytheville 40

Super Soph Glasper from FC out tonight with injury. Did not play!

MikeDiesel™

Quote from: godeep on January 31, 2014, 09:59:25 pm
FC 45 Blytheville 40

Super Soph Glasper from FC out tonight with injury. Did not play!

I knew they were missing him.  Hate it for him. BLytheville played really well except for just a few minutes and we missed a ton of layups

godeep

Diesel they really did.  Have chance to be force next couple of years. FC was out of sync.  Part of it was not having Glasper and other half was great "D" by Blytheville.

MikeDiesel™

Beebe @ Blytheville has been postponed until Wednesday 2/12

AT

Mike, obviously FC is a state championship contender, but what about the schools below them? I know some think this is a weak year for the East, but was curious what you think of GCT and Paragould.

MikeDiesel™

I've seen Paragould, but not GCT. They are both talented, but not world beaters. Could win a game...maybe two in state, but I wouldn't bet on it at this point.  I think GCT is still pretty young, so who knows. Paragould is a little more experienced so they have a shot of putting together a little run.

Bondfan4ever

In the girls game at Batesville, the Beebe Lady Badgers defeat the Lady Pioneers 57-40.  Beebe sophomore Gracie Anders led all scorers with 25 points.  Sydney Staggs led Batesville with 16 points.

Bondfan4ever

Beebe outscores Batesville 18-6 in the 4th quarter to win the boys game, 50-44.  Tanner Chapman led the Badgers with 17 points.

blackhawkdown

Paragould Girls over Blytheville 59-23
Paragould Boys over Blytheville 55-48

MikeDiesel™

Boys:
Beebe 50 Batesville 44
Forrest City 79 Wynne 49
Paragould 55 Blytheville 48
GCT 48 Nettleton 44

Girls:
Beebe 57 Batesville 40
Forrest City 53 Wynne 30
Paragould 59 Blytheville 23
GCT 54 Nettleton 50

Bondfan4ever

In make up games tonight at Blytheville, the Beebe Badgers/Lady Badgers sweep the Chickasaws/Lady Chickasaws.  Beebe wins the girls game 51-47 and the boys game 42-35.

blackhawkdown

Make-Up Games..
Paragould Lady Rams 59-38 over Batesville
Paragould Rams 63-43 over Batesville

woods

Next 2 games should say alot about how the conference will turn out. GCT, FC, Beebe and Paragould will battle each over next 2 ballgames. If FC able to get Paragould Friday I feel the battle will be for that important 2nd spot in state tournament. Paragould is very capable of going in and giving FC a heck of a game.

NEA35

Paragould 59
Forrest City 67

Both teams battled hard but Forrest city is just too big and too deep

woods

NEA35 that was a state tourney type game. When you can take 4 starters out and go on 12-0 run you have great depth. Paragould is a dang good squad. Clearly 2nd best team in conference. 5 on 5 Paragould might have won. 10 on 6 is tough.

MikeDiesel™

Downnotout

Quote from: woods on February 15, 2014, 12:42:57 am
NEA35 that was a state tourney type game. When you can take 4 starters out and go on 12-0 run you have great depth. Paragould is a dang good squad. Clearly 2nd best team in conference. 5 on 5 Paragould might have won. 10 on 6 is tough.
Clearly?

woods

GCT is a solid team as well. No slight on them possibly finishing 2nd. Paragould has 3 players that can hurt you. GCT has one. GCT defense is the difference in that matchup. Should be great game.

MikeDiesel™

NEA35

godeep

Paragould went in to tough environment and got game and points which was huge. GCT must bounce back tonight on road @ FC. FC can clinch title tonight.

woods

FC    55
GCT  35

GCT able to slow it down in 1st half. 19-16 at the half. FC bench was key again. Thompson and Glasper on the bench when they made big run in 2nd half. If their depth can hold up in Alma they could make deep deep run.

MikeDiesel™

MikeDiesel™

Go Postal

Bondfan4ever

In the girls game at Nettleton, the Lady Raiders defeat Beebe 60-56.

MikeDiesel™

Big turnaround from how the Lady Raiders played at Blytheville the other night.

MikeDiesel™

MikeDiesel™

GCT 48 Batesville 20
Forrest City 69 Blytheville 55

Girls finals

MikeDiesel™

Bondfan4ever

Mike, you beat me to the score.  That's a huge win on the road for Beebe.  I'm thinking that this win may have put the Badgers in the state tournament, but I know next week has some huge games throughout the East.

MikeDiesel™

I think it only puts y'all in if Blytheville loses tonight (down 40-17 at the half)

MikeDiesel™

MikeDiesel™

So, if GCT wins tonight, then they are tied with Paragould and both teams beat the other by 7 points?  I haven't checked the tiebreaker rules this year at all.  Would this go to victory points then?

Go Postal

I believe that if two teams beat each other H2H in conference play AND they tie in points won, up to ten points in each game, then it will go to total points difference.  If playoffs started today, then Paragould would get the 2nd seed with 71 points diff.

But there is still two games left and anything can happen.

Forrest City H

Forrest City girls roll over Nettleton with a relentless press; Paragould girls beat Beebe 40-38. 

Downnotout

Tech boys and girls both win with rolling clock over Wynne. Sorry I don't have exact scores

baseballjunkie

NEA35

Paragould 61 Beebe 46
GCT 70 Wynne 45
Batesville 45 Blytheville 43
Forrest City 63 Nettleton 53

1. FC
2. Paragould
3. GCT
4. Beebe

NEA35

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas