• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thoughts on Class A Boys for 2015-16

Started by Moonshiner, August 31, 2015, 10:23:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Moonshiner

Obviously Bay will garner a lot of attention as defending state champions.  Who are the other pre season contenders?

Thechosen1

Moonshiner

Didn't they play well against Bay in the the tournament last year?

Thechosen1

Yes. It was a good game but Watson and Pritchett was too much to handle and bay won by 15. Kirby will lose their best player but so will bay would like to see this matchup around tournament time, would be one to see!

Moonshiner

In the 1E Jasper is easily the best team.  In 2N I believe that league will be down across the board too.  I'm sure ICC will find a way to field a good team.  Viola should be competitive

Silky Johnson

ICC will prob play bay for the Regional title again. Kirby vs bay might be close but even though bay lost Colton Watson, the best player in class A they gained a pretty decent guard from what I understand. It also helps they'll have state title game experience and some chemistry getting everyone else back. I know it doesn't necessarily put points on the board but it helps to know your teammates likenesses.

Thechosen1

Yes bay has got a new kid from Lithuania he is a 6'3-6'4 guard who can handle the ball pretty well and can shoot as well. Interested to see how he does

NWA Hawg

Quote from: Thechosen1 on August 31, 2015, 12:36:22 pm
Yes bay has got a new kid from Lithuania he is a 6'3-6'4 guard who can handle the ball pretty well and can shoot as well. Interested to see how he does

Are you being serious or are you just saying that because Bay recruits a lot and we just figure they got someone?

Silky Johnson

August 31, 2015, 02:04:33 pm #8 Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 02:07:34 pm by Silky Johnson

Bay recruits a lot? Who?

I think he's actually from Skopje in FYR Macedonia but yes I heard he was a 6'3 1/2- 6'4 guard who is a senior foreign exchange student. Also heard he's been saving up a few years to come to the United States so I hope he enjoys his time here.

Silky Johnson

Was told Bay had exchange students from 4 or 5 different countries this school year. The player mentioned above also has a sister who I heard is on the Sr. girls basketball team.

Thechosen1

Moonshiner

This foreigner better be pretty good if he's gonna knock someone out of a spot.  Doesn't sound like they really need him.

NWA Hawg

Is Bay just worried that their kids aren't good enough to win? Every year the go out and get someone else.

Silky Johnson

I only heard a little about him but haven't seen him play. Figure he'll be playing the 2,3, and 4 spots.

Thechosen1

Don't know if he will be a starter, but heard he can play pretty well but needs to get used to coach Brannen's system first.

Thechosen1

Quote from: fann07 on August 31, 2015, 08:32:14 pm
Is Bay just worried that their kids aren't good enough to win? Every year the go out and get someone else.
The kid just ended up going to school there it's not like he was picked or the R word yall like to use.. ICC did the same thing last year and it didn't help much so only time will tell

Moonshiner

I.C.C. Has actually had a good foreigner the last 2 years

Thechosen1

Yes, one of their best players and nobody says a word so it shouldn't be a big deal

Silky Johnson

Both of ICC foreign exchange students started as well. They definitely wouldn't have won as many games either year without them.

lineman76

I think County Line will give Bay a run this year

Silky Johnson

wish they could've played again this season.

Cinderella

Do you really think that Bay and ICC getting quality move ins and foreign exchange students is a concidence? Come on. Lets use our heads. ICC's superintendants brother is the man in charge of where foreign exchange students are sent. Not complaining that's just the way things go, but lets not pretend like it doesn't happen.

Backboard Shattered

We all know that both of those schools get many move ins or relatives hired lol

NWA Hawg

Quote from: Cinderella on September 03, 2015, 09:28:50 am
Do you really think that Bay and ICC getting quality move ins and foreign exchange students is a concidence? Come on. Lets use our heads. ICC's superintendants brother is the man in charge of where foreign exchange students are sent. Not complaining that's just the way things go, but lets not pretend like it doesn't happen.

Yes its weird that ICC year in and year out get quality foreign exchange basketball players when their athletic abilities are not supposed to be taken into account. I mean come on, if i'm a foreign exchange student and I want to experience America, Brockwell nor Bay is the place I want to do that at. But hey when your the Kentucky of high school basketball in Arkansas (bay), you bend whatever rule you can to get the next great player in so that you can win another state title. Can't say I blame them. Not a bad strategy at all. If the players you got can't do it by themselves, get someone in who can. Its a proven method for them.

Thechosen1

Like I said think what you think but Bay will do it by "themselves" and repeat as 2016 state champs. You can like it or you can hate it bays program is great.

Thechosen1

And I don't mean that rude but the program at Bay is great and coach Brannen does a great job. Good players want to go there because of there winning back ground they have not broken any rules so when someone's good you just gotta deal with it and if Bay loses, they lose.

Backboard Shattered

The year they lost in regionals they hired a girls coach for his brother right after.  I don't believe Bay girls even had a team at the time.  Everyone knows the truth even Bay

Silky Johnson

Sorry they have another foreign exchange student. They had one last year and I didn't see anyone complain.  Also if a player moves into Bay he doesn't just guarantee a title. The player works his butt off and usually is taken out of his comfort zone, like it or not Brannen molds the player into a way he can be the most effective to the team. When they move they know they have a shot at being on a good team but you can't forget all of the tough practices they go through in order to get better. You can hate that they want to be on a good team and try to win a state title but it won't stop them from trying to achieve the goals they want to reach.

Silky Johnson

Bay had a team and most of the girls quit within the first couple weeks at school. It's not like they approached Coach Watson after the game lol also they didn't hire him for his brother but ignore reason. Hopefully coach Watson can have some good seasons so you'll all respect his coaching ability. Heck they made state last year and only played maybe 12 games before regionals.

Run N Punch

They do have a lot of great athletes move in since Brannen got there.  Coincidence?

Backboard Shattered

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Silky Johnson on September 03, 2015, 11:27:42 am
Bay had a team and most of the girls quit within the first couple weeks at school. It's not like they approached Coach Watson after the game lol also they didn't hire him for his brother but ignore reason. Hopefully coach Watson can have some good seasons so you'll all respect his coaching ability. Heck they made state last year and only played maybe 12 games before regionals.

The fact that bay got turned down by four other coaches had nothing to do with it...

Silky Johnson

I don't know what other choices they had but they wanted a teacher/coach position filled before the school year started. Watson wasn't coaching at Maynard anymore and Bay had no coach.

Thechosen1

Quote from: Run N Punch on September 03, 2015, 11:31:18 am
They do have a lot of great athletes move in since Brannen got there.  Coincidence?
Probably because he is the top coach in the State and has made the finals 4 out of the last 5 years winning 3 and should've won the 4th. Sorry to burst your bubble but you might as well give it up saying bay recruits until you have a logical reason and proof. Bay will be good for years to come and especially if Brannen is there. Have a great day!

Run N Punch

You are obviously from bay chosen 1.  Because everyone not from Bay can see what's going on up there!  Bay has moved in more than anyone since Brannen went there.  Until you get in trouble it's all legal!  But there has been many people talk about all the "move ins" up there.  Other schools do it too.  Don't be upset because Bay gets ripped for it.  It's got be hard knowing that the Bay kids were never good enough they always needed move ins

hogman

I guess the recruitment class is down in Northeast Arkansas since Bay had to go over seas

jacketman

Roe vs Wade
Hatfields vs McCoy's
North vs South
Bay vs Everyone else........

Basketball season is near! I Love it!

Silky Johnson

Quote from: Run N Punch on September 03, 2015, 12:40:08 pm
You are obviously from bay chosen 1.  Because everyone not from Bay can see what's going on up there!  Bay has moved in more than anyone since Brannen went there.  Until you get in trouble it's all legal!  But there has been many people talk about all the "move ins" up there.  Other schools do it too.  Don't be upset because Bay gets ripped for it.  It's got be hard knowing that the Bay kids were never good enough they always needed move ins
[/quote/]

I'm sure they'll be real upset if they keep having successful seasons. You really like to drive the point home that they, current players, should be ashamed of themselves. I guess we should just start turning away any foreign exchange students. Only kids born in Bay are allowed to play at Bay, I'm sure that's completely legal to do.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas