• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trinity Christian Team Camp

Started by Jonnyboy1215, July 21, 2015, 09:00:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonnyboy1215

This is the first year Trinity has put on a team camp. It started yesterday and ended tonight. Trinity went undefeated and beat Laffayette County in the championship game to win the tournament.

Backboard Shattered

Jonnyboy1215

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on July 21, 2015, 10:10:20 pm
Can you give me stats?

Not positive on exact stats, but I know Trinity beat Laffayette by 16. It was like 51-35.

Eagles14

Jonnyboy1215

HorseFeathers

Silky Johnson

Who's trinitys best player that's never been name dropped jonnyboy?

Jonnyboy1215

Quote from: HF on July 22, 2015, 03:22:37 pm
What schools were there?

Trinity, Taylor, Umpire, Bloomburg, Laffayette County

Jonnyboy1215

Quote from: Silky Johnson on July 22, 2015, 04:45:01 pm
Who's trinitys best player that's never been name dropped jonnyboy?

Tanner Hamilton will be the best player

BigLion10

Is this there first year playing?

HorseFeathers

Jonnyboy1215

Quote from: HF on July 23, 2015, 11:54:32 am
Quote from: BigLion10 on July 23, 2015, 11:41:02 am
Is this there first year playing?

Trinity chrisitian?? No..

They've been around for quite a while, but haven't really been much competition since about 2008, but they got a new coach two years ago and those years were rebuilding years for the athletic program. Now that his system is finally up and running, the team is winning. This is the best coach Trinity has ever had and now I'm starting to think that this year's team is  by far the best Trinity has ever had. They could make a state appearance this year even going against teams like Emerson, Nevada, and Bradley in regular season and then Kirby and Acorn in regionals.

basketballmom#3

July 23, 2015, 03:49:12 pm #12 Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 04:30:19 pm by basketballmom#3
Glad to hear that there will be more competition this year, even though my son has graduated. Does trinity have any other players to go along with Tanner Hamilton this year? Don't remember them bringing to much back but I may be wrong.

Jonnyboy1215

They graduated over half of the team last year and recieved three transfers from schools in the area this year. They are senior, Tanner Hamilton,  and Juniors Steve Austin and Colby McElwee. All three will start this season. They have two returning starters who will be juniors and quite a few sophomores who can play. Should be pretty deep compared to previous years.

basketballmom#3

Did a quick google search on the names. Seen some highlight videos. They seem to be good ball players. Couldn't find anything on Steve Austin though (probably because of the famous Steve Austin), any info on him.

Jonnyboy1215

Not positive on him from previous seasons. He came from Texas High (The biggest high school in Texarkana). I watched him play at the camp and he can shoot. He hit 8-9 from three in one game.

basketballmom#3

Sounds like a good group of transfers that will make Trinity Christian a contender. I am curious as to why they would transfer to Trinity Christian though. I mean two of them are leaving Hooks Tx which went 29-2 last year and one is leaving Texas High to come to a SMALL private school that hasn't been competitive in years if ever. Doesn't make sense to me but who am I to judge. Do you have any insight Jonnyboy1215.

Jonnyboy1215

Hooks lost their head coach this last year which was the only reason Hamilton was there and Colby followed Hamilton to Trinity. I think Steve was looking for more playing time so he went to smaller school where he would start. Plus all three are hungry for a ring.

basketballmom#3

Sounds like a great job recruiting by Trinty's coach. Can't say I blame him.

Bigbird2012

You stole the words from my mouth Bballmom#3

Quote from: basketballmom#3 on July 23, 2015, 04:54:04 pm
Sounds like a great job recruiting by Trinty's coach. Can't say I blame him.

Bigbird2012

They are hungry for a ring so they go to Trinity in hopes of finding one?  ::)

Quote from: Jonnyboy1215 on July 23, 2015, 04:48:44 pm
Hooks lost their head coach this last year which was the only reason Hamilton was there and Colby followed Hamilton to Trinity. I think Steve was looking for more playing time so he went to smaller school where he would start. Plus all three are hungry for a ring.

HorseFeathers

Wait.... they all lived within 25 miles of Trinity Christian? If that's the truth , then they are all ineligible

NWA Hawg

I was wandering how they were gonna be eligible. Texas high is only like 5 miles from Trinity Christian.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: fann07 on July 23, 2015, 05:48:07 pm
I was wandering how they were gonna be eligible. Texas high is only like 5 miles from Trinity Christian.

Gotta be outside of a 25 mile radius of "said" school, and make a bona fide move within that radius to be immediately eligible at any private school

Jonnyboy1215

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Jonnyboy1215 on July 23, 2015, 06:27:00 pm
Or come from Texas

25 mile radius is the wording...I'll see if I can get a link to the AWW hand book

Jonnyboy1215

Either way hooks is that far away so it wouldn't matter.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Jonnyboy1215 on July 23, 2015, 06:32:39 pm
Either way hooks is that far away so it wouldn't matter.

I was thinking it was closer than that....been a while since I've been down that way...

Are they moving ?

Jonnyboy1215

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Jonnyboy1215 on July 23, 2015, 06:37:34 pm
As far as I know.

Should be good thrnt...May have to make a trip to see the next best thing out of the south this year

HorseFeathers

Moonshiner

Johnyboy....were these players recruited? 

Jonnyboy1215

Surprisingly no. Hooks lost their coach and there are several other options in Texarkana (Texas and Arkansas) to play, but They just really liked Coach Smith and his vision at Trinity. Honestly he was as surprised that they were coming as everyone else is. He isn't the recruiting type at all.

Moonshiner

Quote from: Jonnyboy1215 on July 27, 2015, 01:30:35 pm
Surprisingly no. Hooks lost their coach and there are several other options in Texarkana (Texas and Arkansas) to play, but They just really liked Coach Smith and his vision at Trinity. Honestly he was as surprised that they were coming as everyone else is. He isn't the recruiting type at all.

Very lucky guy to get three good players like that to want to transfer to a private, Class A school.

HorseFeathers

Some kids want to go where they can be instant stars

BasketballFan8680

Do you think they can give Emerson a run for their money ?

Jonnyboy1215

Quote from: BasketballFan8680 on July 29, 2015, 04:33:36 am
Do you think they can give Emerson a run for their money ?

That's a hard question. I think they will be able to keep Jeff from scoring much, but Revels may give them some trouble. Trinity has the height advantage over them for sure, but emerson's players are bigger. Especially in the post. I'm interested to see how that game goes because i think it could easily go either waltz.

Batman44

Not tryin to stir the pot, just askin. Does ANYONE out there think there is a team in 1A that is capable of unseating Bay as state champs?

Silky Johnson

Gosh Batman! Are you trying to crash the board?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Batman44 on July 29, 2015, 02:37:45 pm
Not tryin to stir the pot, just askin. Does ANYONE out there think there is a team in 1A that is capable of unseating Bay as state champs?

'83 crew

Silky Johnson

Emerson is supposed to come to Bay this year. Don't think County Line is returning the favor but maybe Kirby, Nevada, or Trinity would come. It might be better for all the teams if a couple would come to bay and another team from the North would come play,that way every team is getting a couple games then maybe in coming years they switch locations.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Silky Johnson on July 29, 2015, 05:13:29 pm
Emerson is supposed to come to Bay this year. Don't think County Line is returning the favor but maybe Kirby, Nevada, or Trinity would come. It might be better for all the teams if a couple would come to bay and another team from the North would come play,that way every team is getting a couple games then maybe in coming years they switch locations.

Kirby and caddy hills are going to jasper this year

BigLion10

Jonnyboy1215

Silky Johnson

It's 83 crew stuff Jonnyboy just ignore if you want lol

Silky Johnson

Caddo hills and Jasper aren't just great but those might be fun games to watch. Who does Kirby have to replace #33 and #40?

BigLion10

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Silky Johnson on August 07, 2015, 05:40:49 pm

Biglion is tryi ng to hit the trifecta of 3 members of the 83 crew being on vacation haha

BigLion10

I put that before they went on vacation lol

J.D.

Quote from: HF on August 08, 2015, 04:53:58 pm
Quote from: Silky Johnson on August 07, 2015, 05:40:49 pm

Biglion is tryi ng to hit the trifecta of 3 members of the 83 crew being on vacation haha

Why?  I see that the thread is gone.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas