• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sloan Hendrix team camp.

Started by pootnscoot, July 14, 2015, 02:33:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pootnscoot

ICC, Mammoth Springs, Hillcrest and Maynard are playing at the team camp thru Wednesday.

jacketman

Sloan Hendrix and Mammouth played at Bay today in their team Camp. Sloan loses to Bay 83-36. Then Mammouth loses to Bay 81-36. It's only camp I know........No one cheers for Goliath.  ;D

Backboard Shattered

As far as I can tell Mammoth is better than Sloan!  Simple methametrics. 

Backboard Shattered

Hey any stats on bays summer team camp today? 

jacketman

Bay plays Westside (jonesboro)@ 5pm then Bay plays Highland @8pm. Will post results after the games. I plan on being there since they are playing after I get off work.

not so slim shady

I'm predicting that Bay will beet the two teems from a higher classificashun if on nuthin else- pure coachin. Way to go Bay represint Class A.

jacketman

Bay wins over Westside 59-56 in OT.

Backboard Shattered

Those dadgum Bay kids must have showed up today

NEA Razorback olfan

July 21, 2015, 07:41:44 pm #8 Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 07:44:01 pm by NEA Razorback olfan
It was a really good game, Bay hit some big shots late in the game to tie it up , Bay hit their Free throws late in OT to hold off Westside
Heard The Bay Sr Girls are pretty young but have been doing well in camp

jacketman

Bay over Highland 78-55. Everyone got to play in this one.

NEA Razorback olfan

Brookland Jr boys looked pretty good tonight vs Valley View won 42-26 at Bay.
First time I've seen them play this summer

jacketman

Nea, who was #15 on that jr team? Good player, hard worker, but man......he would fall to the floor like a rock everytime he went in the paint! Could not stay on his feet. And as the 4th period rolled, you could tell he was gassed.

Backboard Shattered

Did Bay win their team camp?

jacketman

Bay's camp is not a tournament. It is a two week camp where teams come and play games to work on their plays and keep the skills up. MANY schools participate in the camp. Jr boys and girls as well as Sr boys and girls. Games are scheduled according to the amount of teams that participate. Teams could get up to 15-20 games in two weeks.They just play to keep the skills up.

Backboard Shattered

July 21, 2015, 10:27:18 pm #14 Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 10:37:59 pm by Backboard Shattered
So did they win it?  Oh why do they keep score and post it then?  If it's like a practice

RedWolf275

I drove down to Bay and watched the Bay-Highland game last night. Bay looked very good and will be very hard to beat in 1A. Granted, Highland didnt look real good but Bay had a lot to do with that.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: jacketman on July 21, 2015, 09:33:30 pm
Nea, who was #15 on that jr team? Good player, hard worker, but man......he would fall to the floor like a rock everytime he went in the paint! Could not stay on his feet. And as the 4th period rolled, you could tell he was gassed.

I believe that is Braxton Haff , he plays a lot of AAU  ball in the Summer, good kid and player. This seems to be one of our best groups we have had in while. I think we can make a run in conference if we stay healthy

Oldref

Bays team camp is a two week deal this year with JR/Sr Boys and Girls teams playing in two gyms. Lots of different schools involved from 6A down to 1A. Some schools only come a couple of days and some play almost every day for two weeks. Depends on how much they want to play and how far away they are. Mammoth Spring and Cooter Missouri probably are the most distant schools there this summer. Valley View, Brookland, Westside, Manila, all have played along with lots of other schools. Been really good to see the coaches work their teams out on things they plan to try this season. There is no tournament format at all with teams coming and going according to their schedule.  Bay Sr boys and Girls have won all their games so far. Bay -Westside game last night was a really good game to watch. Nice cool place to spend some hot July days if you like high school basketball.

Silky Johnson

Bay was missing a couple players during the camp but they've still played well, heard they had a much easier time beating Westside (Jonesboro) today. Think they've played only 1 class A school this summer.

Backboard Shattered

When is the finals?  May have to come watch it should be a dandy

WhatsUrRingSize

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on July 23, 2015, 08:34:05 am
When is the finals?  May have to come watch it should be a dandy
Since you cant comprehend what you read it looks like in 1983 you should have been in the class room more instead of the gym but i understand everyone needed water.

Backboard Shattered

So is it today or tomorrow the finals?  Which gym?

Backboard Shattered

Can anyone get in the games before the finals? 

Batman44

They MIGHT let you in, but for the sake of everyone, leave the BOSS at home.

Backboard Shattered

NEA can't handle the Boss.  Seriously when is the final?

PrivateLesson

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on July 23, 2015, 11:02:04 am
NEA can't handle the Boss.  Seriously when is the final?

Ask your guru "not so slim shady."

Backboard Shattered

I don't want to miss the final or trophy presentashun

PrivateLesson

Didn't you hear??  You are the presentation!  Lol!  :)

jacketman

Bay Sr Boys win over Valley View 60-37 in their team camp today.

NEA Razorback olfan

Is this the last day of Bay's team camp?

jacketman

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on July 23, 2015, 05:18:39 pm

No. Tomorrow will finish it up.

Backboard Shattered

Final was today Bay wins!  60-37 the hole team was there didn't play many Bay kids I heard.  23-40 shooting 2-8 on 3pts and 8-20 free throws.  Played man man to man first quarter finished up with a matchup zone

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: jacketman on July 23, 2015, 05:26:46 pm

Thanks, any good games tomorrow after 3:30?

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on July 23, 2015, 05:28:38 pm
Final was today Bay wins!  60-37 the hole team was there didn't play many Bay kids I heard.  23-40 shooting 2-8 on 3pts and 8-20 free throws.  Played man man to man first quarter finished up with a matchup zone

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: jacketman on July 23, 2015, 04:57:59 pm
Bay Sr Boys win over Valley View 60-37 in their team camp today.

VV is usually pretty tough, sounds like a good win

Backboard Shattered

Yeah it was a stellar game.  I must of gotten confused I just saw them with some medals after the game and thought it was finals.  Who they get in finals?

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on July 23, 2015, 05:39:14 pm
Yeah it was a stellar game.  I must of gotten confused I just saw them with some medals after the game and thought it was finals.  Who they get in finals?

Everyone gets a participant medal

Backboard Shattered

That must of been it I just saw a bunch of fans fist pumping chanting we are the camp champ and thought it might have been finals.  Guess we will see tomorrow

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Backboard Shattered on July 23, 2015, 05:49:19 pm
That must of been it I just saw a bunch of fans fist pumping chanting we are the camp champ and thought it might have been finals.  Guess we will see tomorrow

You sure that wasn't the VV fans BEFORE the game??

jacketman

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on July 23, 2015, 05:30:22 pm
Quote from: jacketman on July 23, 2015, 05:26:46 pm

Thanks, any good games tomorrow after 3:30?

Sorry. Got word just now that today IS the last day.

Backboard Shattered

So it was the final I new that usually when a team celebrates that hard it was prob the finale!  Good job all teams and congrats to the winners!  Grate turnament!  Can't wait till next July.  If anyone hears of any more turnaments let me now

jacketman

Any posters that have facebook and wish to follow the Bay Yellowjackets during the season, they have a facebook page. Of course the page is monitored and any negative comments will be blocked and or banned. However, it will keep you updated on their games and info. The link is below:

Bay Jr. & Sr. High Yellowjackets Basketball
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bay-Jr-Sr-High-Yellowjackets-Basketball/147481928794987

jacketman

Bay wins over Harrisburg 69-43. Finish camp undfeated. 18-0

Backboard Shattered

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on July 23, 2015, 05:52:24 pm
Quote from: Backboard Shattered on July 23, 2015, 05:49:19 pm

You sure that wasn't the VV fans BEFORE the game??
They had had onBay Yelow Jaket uniforms!  And after they winned they were chanting that pretty sure it was the Jakets

PrivateLesson

Glad everyone got all that information sorted out...lol

Silky Johnson

They actually played the national anthem as Bay received their gold medals. Had crop dusters flying across the sky in honor of the team camp championships

Oldref

Yes and a BNSF freight train stopped on the track directly across the road in front of the gym in recognition of the team camp championship also sounded the horn 18 times in honor of each Bay victory the past two weeks.........it was a glorious celebration!!!!!!!! 

NEA Razorback olfan

Lol, I got to watch a few games, Bay does a good job at hosting a solid camp for the NEA teams!!

Oldref

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on July 23, 2015, 09:51:44 pm
Lol, I got to watch a few games, Bay does a good job at hosting a solid camp for the NEA teams!!
Thanks Olfan.......a lot of the Bay folks work hard and the kids also help out when they are not playing to put the camp on. I enjoy seeing the coaches interact with each other during the times between games and how they use the games to work on so many things they will do during the season. I was there almost every day and saw some really good boys and girls players working to get better. Was a fun two weeks.......... glad I got to meet you this week!

jacketman

1983 music was also played during the celebration!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas