• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heartbreaking news out of Gravette

Started by Wendell Robinson, December 06, 2016, 09:58:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wendell Robinson

December 06, 2016, 09:58:03 pm Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 10:38:06 pm by Wendell Robinson
It's unfortunate that I have this very, very, very bad news out of Gravette. Lane Killion, a sophomore football player from Gravette lost his battle with leukemia this afternoon at home. Lane spent most of this year in and out of the Texas Children's Hospital in Houston and was declared cancer free after several rounds of chemotherapy. He was ok'd to return home in November and was in attendance for the Lions victory against Gentry. Unfortunately, the cancer came back and was far worse than it had been previously. Those of you that attended a game at Gravette this year probably noticed the "81" painted into the north endzone. That was in honor of Lane. He was a bright light and a great young man that was taken far too soon. But he fought his battle the way anyone should, he fought like a LION. Please keep his family, friends, teammates, and coaches in your prayers along with the entire school and community. RIP in #81. #nopain4lane

AirWarren

Quote from: Wendell Robinson on December 06, 2016, 09:58:03 pm
It's unfortunate that I have this very, very, very bad news out of Gravette. Land Killion, a sophomore football player from Gravette lost his battle with leukemia this afternoon at home. Lane spent most of this year in and out of the Texas Children's Hospital in Houston and was declared cancer free after several rounds of chemotherapy. He was ok'd to return home in November and was in attendance for the Lions victory against Gentry. Unfortunately, the cancer came back and was far worse than it had been previously. Those of you that attended a game at Gravette this year probably noticed the "81" painted into the north endzone. That was in honor of Lane. He was a bright light and a great young man that was taken far too soon. But he fought his battle the way anyone should, he fought like a LION. Please keep his family, friends, teammates, and coaches in your prayers along with the entire school and community. RIP in #81. #nopain4lane

Prayers. Hate to hear this.

Jack1990

Lumberjackfan1978

dukes424

LJ06

So sad. Gone way too soon. Many prayers from Warren to his family, friends, and the entire community of Gravette.

beach bum

That is awful news.... RIP young man. I hope the family makes it through this tough time ok.

GBattack

December 06, 2016, 10:41:34 pm #7 Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 10:51:37 pm by GBattack
Prayers for Lane's family and the entire community. Such great loss can't be comprehended by our human minds.

nuttinbuthogs

Very sad news. Hate for a young life to be lost.

ea cat

bigchief72455

bulldoghistorian

ISU7

My prayers are with his family.  God Bless.

biglion1985

From one LION to another prayers to his family
from Manila

Rabhog

KASH dba The Lumberjack

More prayers and condolences from Warren

prHOG13

Extremely sad. Did see that #81 in the endzone. I think he was honored when Pea Ridge came to town too. Prayers for the friends and family of this young kid. :(

$aintMaximu$

Prayers for the community and family!  We have 2 that are diagnosed terminal in elementary right now in Shiloh and fighting.

Jimbo Morphis

Romeo

Wendell Robinson

December 07, 2016, 09:28:35 am #20 Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 11:50:52 am by Wendell Robinson
Quote from: prHOG13 on December 07, 2016, 08:22:27 am
Extremely sad. Did see that #81 in the endzone. I think he was honored when Pea Ridge came to town too. Prayers for the friends and family of this young kid. :(

If memory serves that is the week we received the news that he was cancer free and being released from the hospital. (though unable to come home) I'll never forget that day after practice that Coach Harrelson shared the news, the triumphant yell that went up from the huddle. Crazy to think how fast it can all change just 2 months later. Most of us were at the basketball game against Lincoln last night, less than an hour after getting the news of Lane's passing. There is an awesome picture that someone took from after the boys games with the teams praying around center court. I've seen it circulating around facebook.

panthers fan

prHOG13

Quote from: Wendell Robinson on December 07, 2016, 09:28:35 am
If memory serves that is the week we received the news that he was cancer free and being released from the hospital. (though unable to come home) I'll never forget that day after practice that Coach Harrelson told the news, the triumphant yell that went up from the huddle. Crazy to think how fast it can all change just 2 months later. Most of us were at the basketball game against Lincoln last night, less than an hour after getting the news of Lane's passing. There is an awesome picture that someone took from after the boys games with the teams praying around center court. I've seen it circulating around facebook.
Man that's so sad

pridgehog

mr.b@sc

doober3

Quote from: Wendell Robinson on December 07, 2016, 09:28:35 am
If memory serves that is the week we received the news that he was cancer free and being released from the hospital. (though unable to come home) I'll never forget that day after practice that Coach Harrelson shared the news, the triumphant yell that went up from the huddle. Crazy to think how fast it can all change just 2 months later. Most of us were at the basketball game against Lincoln last night, less than an hour after getting the news of Lane's passing. There is an awesome picture that someone took from after the boys games with the teams praying around center court. I've seen it circulating around facebook.

That was a sight to see!  Both teams, cheerleaders, and students...my heart hurts for that poor family.  The whole Gravette community is in my prayers.

elvis26

PiratePride03

Prayers to everyone affected from Dover.   16 is way too young to be taken from this earth.  If God could grant me one wish, it would be to rid the world of cancer.  I lost my grandpa to pancreatic cancer,  and I don't wish that upon anyone.  I'm sorry for yall's loss.

JoshuaRug13

Wow such sad news out of Gravette.  I am both shocked and heartbroken to hear this news.  Prayers for the family and others involved. 

mtindian42

Prayers for this community and family!

Oldbadger

I can't imagine the pain this family is suffering!  Prayers for strength to make it through this.  No greater loss for them!

ljmom

Superjack45

Prayers go out to his family, my God give you strength to endure this troubling time in your life. You have to remember he is in the arms of Our Lord.

nchan

Prayers sent from Arkadelphia. Can't imagine losing a child.

SouthsideSouthernerDad

Prayers for the family and the community!

hoskinsplace

Our thoughts and Prayers from
The Gosnell Pirate Community

prHOG13

JoshuaRug13

Quote from: prHOG13 on December 08, 2016, 10:28:07 pm

YES!  I heard that we were going to get the decals but wasn't for sure that was confirmed.  SO GLAD we are doing this...

monster_island

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas