• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

D1 caliber kids in the 4A

Started by prHOG13, March 05, 2016, 07:04:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

prHOG13

March 05, 2016, 07:04:47 pm Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 07:35:40 pm by prHOG13
Who all out there is a strong candidate or already has D1 offers? Seems like every year the 4A is pretty deep with players the get power 5 offers when compared to the rest of the classifications in the state.

S Montaric Brown of Ashdown received offers from LSU, Bama, Ok State in the last couple weeks, and then was offered by Arkansas today on a visit. He's a kid that kind of blew up the last few weeks that no one really knew about. Now he's considered a top 2-3 prospect in the state

Nashville has RB Darius Hopkins who will get some looks, and OL Kirby Adcock that is visiting Arkansas in early April and has a good chance at getting offered.

WR Joshua Johnson at CAC was offered by Notre Dame recently and has other P5 offers.

DE David Porter of Robinson was offered by Kansas St and drawing some other interest from big name schools

Any others out there to keep an eye on?

AirWarren

Darius is at Nashville. So is adcock.

Warren RB Dennis Daniels will play D1 ball. Just not sure if it will be SEC.

prHOG13

Yeah I'm an idiot. Meant Nashville

AirWarren

Just watched Montaric's highlights. My goodness that kid can play.

prHOG13

Yeah it's easy to see Brown is going to be a stud at the next level if you watch his hudl. Not sure how he was such an unknown last year.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: prHOG13 on March 05, 2016, 08:29:22 pm
Yeah it's easy to see Brown is going to be a stud at the next level if you watch his hudl. Not sure how he was such an unknown last year.

He's been offered by LSU, Bama, Arkansas and a few others. Pretty good offer list so far...

STUNNA

Trey Burks of Warren will have a ton of D1 offers when its all said and done... will be a sophomore

polksalet

Really likely Ty Pettway will be better than his brother.

Nashville has a possible d-1 o lineman in 9. And they also have a lineman that could be amazing. That kid could win up 6-7  290 and run a 5.2 40. Adcock's title of likely best Scrapper lineman ever will probably be taken by that kid.

I think the 9th grade wr from Arky is as good as the kid from Warren.

AirWarren

As usual. The 4a has the best football players in the state.

STUNNA

Quote from: polksalet on March 06, 2016, 04:37:36 pm

Nashville has a possible d-1 o lineman in 9. And they also have a lineman that could be amazing. That kid could win up 6-7  290 and run a 5.2 40. Adcock's title of likely best Scrapper lineman ever will probably be taken by that kid.

possibly... but ill go on a limb and say burks will be the top recruit in the stae by his senior season.. has an offer from Memphis so far. Don't know the measurable of the arky kid. But burks is already big enough.

polksalet

Quote from: STUNNA on March 06, 2016, 05:54:24 pm
possibly... but ill go on a limb and say burks will be the top recruit in the stae by his senior season.. has an offer from Memphis so far. Don't know the measurable of the arky kid. But burks is already big enough.

school site has him 6-2 175

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4659565/javonte-brown

SUGARTOWN

'Hootens.com unveils its first glance at the expected Top 50 college prospects for 2017. This list doesn't necessarily equate to the top high school players in the state, instead it reflects the amount of college recruiting interest each player likely generates. The list starts with Ashdown safety Montaric Brown, who has offers from across the country, and a pair of Fayetteville prospects, who had offers as sophomores.'

TOP 50 IN-STATE JUNIOR RECRUITS
1. Montaric Brown, DB, Ashdown (offers from Arkansas, Alabama, Miss. St., LSU, Okla. St., UCLA and others)
2. Taylor Powell, QB, Fayetteville (multiple D-1 offers, including Maryland, Wake Forrest, Illinois)
3. Akial Byers, DL, Fayetteville (multiple SEC offers, including Alabama)
4. Pierre Strong, RB, LR McClellan
5. Josh Johnson, WR, CAC (multiple D-I offers, including Notre Dame; committed to Indiana)
6. Jarrod Barnes, QB, Cabot (committed to Arkansas)
7. Jonathan Adams, WR, Jonesboro (offer from Ark. State)
8. Hunter Moreton, OL, FS Southside
9. Damon Nelson, OL, Har-Ber
10. DeShawn Gulledge, RB, Bald Knob
11. Damien McDonald, OL, West Helena
12. David Porter, DL, Pulaski Robinson (offers from Kansas State, others)
13. Jordan Washington, DB, Sylvan Hills
14. Sanderson Hines, OL, Pulaski Robinson
15. B.J. Thompson, TE, England (offer from Ark. State)
16. Kirby Adcock, OL, Nashville
17. Koilan Jackson, QB, Pulaski Robinson
18. Alex Day, RB, North LR
19. Jaren Watkins, RB, Pulaski Academy
20. Demekko Clark, RB, Blytheville
21. Myles Fells, RB, Pulaski Robinson
22. Cualan Williams, WR, Lafayette County
23. Austin Guymon, WR, LR Christian
24. Dennis Daniels, RB, Warren
25. Spencer Stone, OL, Fayetteville
26. Darrius Hopkins, RB, Nashville
27. Keshawn Whaley, LB, Pine Bluff
28. Luke Hales, QB, Greenwood
29. Terrance Rock, RB, Fayetteville
30. Austin Stubber, QB, Hope
31. Caden Brown, DL, Dardanelle
32. Blake Franks, DL, Batesville
33. Sloan Rogers, LB, Pocahontas
34. Audrey Horn, OL, LR Catholic
35. Seth Martin, OL, Pulaski Academy
36. Luke Gordon, QB, Vilonia
37. Noah Dotson, LB, Alma
38. Brayden Brazeal, QB, England
39. McKinley Williams, LB, Sheridan
40. Devontai Pounds, WR, Wynne
41. Hunter Davenport, LB, Lamar
42. Noah Evans, QB, CAC
43. Caleb Stokes, WR, Russellville
44. Garrett Bernard, LB, Batesville
45. Roshaun Young, DL, LR McClellan
46. Connor Reece, QB, Shiloh Christian
47. Monta Thomas, RB, Hermitage
48. Michael Jenkins, DL, Crossett
49. Kylan Robinson, RB, Batesville
50. Tanner Gaines, QB, Hector

zebradynasty

Quote from: AirWarren on March 06, 2016, 05:25:23 pm
As usual. The 4a has the best football players in the state.

Pump your breaks 2017 is a down year for the state in all classifications! Most of the time having the best players coming from small schools...not a good thing.

STUNNA

Quote from: polksalet on March 06, 2016, 09:54:25 pm
school site has him 6-2 175

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4659565/javonte-brown

looks good.. But burks was doing that against varsity competiton this year and to me looks a lot smoother and polished.

polksalet

Quote from: STUNNA on March 07, 2016, 12:40:10 pm
looks good.. But burks was doing that against varsity competiton this year and to me looks a lot smoother and polished.

True, it'll be interesting to see how they turn out. Both have 3 more years and already have nfl size. But right now in not sure id trade either for lil pettway.

hawgfan15

Hooten's list is terrible but expected

prHOG13

Really appreciate the list Sugartown. Got to agree with hawgfan15 though in that it's pretty meh

Lumberjackfan1978

Some good players on that list

Top Shelf

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on March 07, 2016, 10:37:11 am
'Hootens.com unveils its first glance at the expected Top 50 college prospects for 2017. This list doesn't necessarily equate to the top high school players in the state, instead it reflects the amount of college recruiting interest each player likely generates. The list starts with Ashdown safety Montaric Brown, who has offers from across the country, and a pair of Fayetteville prospects, who had offers as sophomores.'

TOP 50 IN-STATE JUNIOR RECRUITS
1. Montaric Brown, DB, Ashdown (offers from Arkansas, Alabama, Miss. St., LSU, Okla. St., UCLA and others)
2. Taylor Powell, QB, Fayetteville (multiple D-1 offers, including Maryland, Wake Forrest, Illinois)
3. Akial Byers, DL, Fayetteville (multiple SEC offers, including Alabama)
4. Pierre Strong, RB, LR McClellan
5. Josh Johnson, WR, CAC (multiple D-I offers, including Notre Dame; committed to Indiana)
6. Jarrod Barnes, QB, Cabot (committed to Arkansas)
7. Jonathan Adams, WR, Jonesboro (offer from Ark. State)
8. Hunter Moreton, OL, FS Southside
9. Damon Nelson, OL, Har-Ber
10. DeShawn Gulledge, RB, Bald Knob
11. Damien McDonald, OL, West Helena
12. David Porter, DL, Pulaski Robinson (offers from Kansas State, others)
13. Jordan Washington, DB, Sylvan Hills
14. Sanderson Hines, OL, Pulaski Robinson
15. B.J. Thompson, TE, England (offer from Ark. State)
16. Kirby Adcock, OL, Nashville
17. Koilan Jackson, QB, Pulaski Robinson
18. Alex Day, RB, North LR
19. Jaren Watkins, RB, Pulaski Academy
20. Demekko Clark, RB, Blytheville
21. Myles Fells, RB, Pulaski Robinson
22. Cualan Williams, WR, Lafayette County
23. Austin Guymon, WR, LR Christian
24. Dennis Daniels, RB, Warren
25. Spencer Stone, OL, Fayetteville
26. Darrius Hopkins, RB, Nashville
27. Keshawn Whaley, LB, Pine Bluff
28. Luke Hales, QB, Greenwood
29. Terrance Rock, RB, Fayetteville
30. Austin Stubber, QB, Hope
31. Caden Brown, DL, Dardanelle
32. Blake Franks, DL, Batesville
33. Sloan Rogers, LB, Pocahontas
34. Audrey Horn, OL, LR Catholic
35. Seth Martin, OL, Pulaski Academy
36. Luke Gordon, QB, Vilonia
37. Noah Dotson, LB, Alma
38. Brayden Brazeal, QB, England
39. McKinley Williams, LB, Sheridan
40. Devontai Pounds, WR, Wynne
41. Hunter Davenport, LB, Lamar
42. Noah Evans, QB, CAC
43. Caleb Stokes, WR, Russellville
44. Garrett Bernard, LB, Batesville
45. Roshaun Young, DL, LR McClellan
46. Connor Reece, QB, Shiloh Christian
47. Monta Thomas, RB, Hermitage
48. Michael Jenkins, DL, Crossett
49. Kylan Robinson, RB, Batesville
50. Tanner Gaines, QB, Hector
#9 on the list is 1/2 Scrapper.. His dad, Damon Sr, played for Nashvillein the mid to late 90's

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Top Shelf on March 10, 2016, 01:22:44 pm
#9 on the list is 1/2 Scrapper.. His dad, Damon Sr, played for Nashvillein the mid to late 90's

Thanks for that key information.

polksalet

Quote from: Top Shelf on March 10, 2016, 01:22:44 pm

He needs to move back

Mr. Mercer

Robinson has 7. Koilan Jackson was offered by the Hogs todah

hawgfan15

7-4A is racking up the offers. Don't be surprised if OL Kirby Adcock of Nashville is offered on his unofficial visit the first weekend in April. He has offers from LA Tech and Southern Miss so far.

Jacks990

Really believe Warren's QB Lassiter should be on that list. Also CB Jackson. Though he is undersized he is the scrappiest corner I've seen. Also heard Lassiter ran a 4.6.

polksalet

Quote from: Jacks990 on March 14, 2016, 07:12:12 pm
Really believe Warren's QB Lassiter should be on that list. Also CB Jackson. Though he is undersized he is the scrappiest corner I've seen. Also heard Lassiter ran a 4.6.

He would have I believe been the second fast qb at the nfl combine this year.

Jacks990

I also heard Lassiter has put on about 20 pounds, then I saw him the other day and he sure is filling out. Matter of fact the whole team looks almost completely different.

Marblehog

Quote from: polksalet on March 06, 2016, 04:37:36 pm

who is the lineman in 9th?

Superjack45

Quote from: Marblehog on March 16, 2016, 01:50:10 pm
Hey you have got to be kidding me I saw the kid from Arky and I really don't think he is near as good as Burks that's for sure. Has this 9th grader gotten offers. Time will tell though.

polksalet

polksalet

Quote from: Superjack45 on March 16, 2016, 08:03:43 pm
Quote from: Marblehog on March 16, 2016, 01:50:10 pm
Hey you have got to be kidding me I saw the kid from Arky and I really don't think he is near as good as Burks that's for sure. Has this 9th grader gotten offers. Time will tell though.

If he had played against high school last year he would be a lot more impressive. The two are very similar physically. No telling which will be better in 3 years.

prHOG13

Montaric Brown of Ashdown added an offer from Baylor today. Kid has quite the impressive offer list coming out of nowhere before camp season has even started.

prHOG13

2019 WR Treylon Burks has been offered by Arkansas.

AirWarren

Quote from: prHOG13 on March 29, 2016, 05:27:53 pm
2019 WR Treylon Burks has been offered by Arkansas.

We need to keep this young man in state for sure.

prHOG13

Quote from: AirWarren on March 29, 2016, 06:38:03 pm
some rivals.com national analysts feel like he's got 5 star potential. I'll definitely need to catch some Warren streams this year and hopefully get to see him in the playoffs. 

Superjack45

Quote from: AirWarren on March 29, 2016, 06:38:03 pm
More to come from that class 2019 I can assure you of that.

Lumberjackfan1978

He has a lot of talent that's for sure

Superjack45

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on March 29, 2016, 09:36:04 pm
He has a lot of talent that's for sure
some things just can't be coached and he has that something for sure. Will be a great one should he stay healthy.

riccoar

Quote from: prHOG13 on March 29, 2016, 07:50:09 pm
some rivals.com national analysts feel like he's got 5 star potential. I'll definitely need to catch some Warren streams this year and hopefully get to see him in the playoffs.
I'd say being offered this early is a guarantee he will be a 5* recruit.  Other services are saying Page of Pulaski Robinson may project to be a 5 as well.  I know he schooled a 4* CB committed to OU at the Open in Dallas. 

Romeo

Burks is going to get a lot of early offers. He's a good student as well so coaches know he will qualify.

riccoar

What do coaches in Warren say about him versus the other D1 receivers that have come through the Warren pipleline in the last 15-20 years?

Superjack45

Quote from: riccoar on March 30, 2016, 08:29:41 am
What do coaches in Warren say about him versus the other D1 receivers that have come through the Warren pipleline in the last 15-20 years?
He will be just as good or better than Brett Smith both are almost identical in size, but time will tell I just hope the kid keep getting better and better every year.

AirWarren

Quote from: Superjack45 on March 30, 2016, 09:01:49 am
He will be just as good or better than Brett Smith both are almost identical in size, but time will tell I just hope the kid keep getting better and better every year.

No way Bret was 198 lbs as a Freshman. Maybe height wise but not size. Bret maybe weighed 170 in 9th grade.

Lumberjackfan1978

Can't wait for the season to start to see Burks in action, A lot of eyes will be on this kid before he leaves for the next level

Romeo

My guess is that Treylon will be at least a high four star recruit by his senior season. He should be a five star. I compare every Warren receiver to Bret because I still think he's the best to play at the high school level. When I saw Bret come in as a freshman in 1999 and score his first touchdown, I knew he was going to be special. However, Bret didn't do half of what Treylon did as a freshman.

Jack1990

Treylon Burks:  31 receptions 643 yards 11 TDs

Not too shabby as a freshman...

riccoar

Quote from: Romeo on March 30, 2016, 10:39:45 am
My guess is that Treylon will be at least a high four star recruit by his senior season. He should be a five star. I compare every Warren receiver to Bret because I still think he's the best to play at the high school level. When I saw Bret come in as a freshman in 1999 and score his first touchdown, I knew he was going to be special. However, Bret didn't do half of what Treylon did as a freshman.
I'd be shocked if a kid after his freshman season, going into his sophomore, gets an instate offer does not equate to a 5*.  UA has got to believe he would be that to offer this quick.

STUNNA

Has Bielema ever offered an in state recruit their freshman season??

Superjack45

Quote from: AirWarren on March 30, 2016, 09:05:00 am
No way Bret was 198 lbs as a Freshman. Maybe height wise but not size. Bret maybe weighed 170 in 9th grade.
I should have said height that's what I was referring to.

STUNNA

so I have read where he is 180 and 198 which one is it? lol...

Superjack45

Quote from: Romeo on March 30, 2016, 10:39:45 am
Well I kinda differ on that response because T-Rod was the one that brought the excitement he was crazy good but with Brett playing QB and WR rushing for 1000,catching for 1000, and throwing for 1000 over shadowed him but both was great at what they brought to the game that's for sure. That Jailbreak that T-rod would run was crazy haven't seen anyone run it like him except for maybe J-Wright. Let's Get It Jacks.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas