• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best junior high teams

Started by scrapdig, January 30, 2018, 03:09:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

scrapdig

This year in boys I would have to say Magnolia is the best I've seen

OB11

Annie Camp (Jonesboro) boys are 20 and 0 right now. Have a good chance at finishing undefeated. Super athletic and can play defense.

OB11

Annie Camp beat Marion last night to make it 21-0 on the season.

football king

Corning jr high has only lost one game

scrapdig

Quote from: football king on February 02, 2018, 09:03:45 am
Corning jr high has only lost one game
Corning?  That's a team I never hear anything about in basketball

football king

they have triples that can flat out play ball

scrapdig

LHHC

baller334

Jr District at Hoxie, I don't have scores on all     
Riverside over Corning- mercy rule- girls
Manila over Piggot- 55-15- boys
Walnut Ridge over Rivercrest- about 20- girls
Piggot over Manila- 39-38- girls
Osceola over Hoxie 55-19- boys
Hoxie over Osceola- mercy rule- girls

Play resumes Thursday for semis.

OB11

Annie Camp beat West Memphis Wonder last night to make it 22-0. One game left against rival MacArthur before district tournament.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: OB11 on February 06, 2018, 10:34:10 am
Annie Camp beat West Memphis Wonder last night to make it 22-0. One game left against rival MacArthur before district tournament.

Annie Camp is the best JR Boys team I have seen this season

boss85

Quote from: LHHC on February 06, 2018, 07:08:18 am
Who beat them?
Corning Jr. High now has 3 losses. They lost to Cave City and Highland last week.

sportsfreak12

Corning has lost 1 game and that was to Cave City in overtime.  They are 18-1 and just won their first round game in district against Rivercrest.  They play Osceola in Semi's on Thurs.  They triplets last name is Briney.  They all start.

87DAWG

Quote from: sportsfreak12 on February 07, 2018, 09:25:59 am
Corning has lost 1 game and that was to Cave City in overtime.  They are 18-1 and just won their first round game in district against Rivercrest.  They play Osceola in Semi's on Thurs.  They triplets last name is Briney.  They all start.
The little 3 were sick last week. If they are gonna make a run in their district them 3 will have to be healthy.

scrapdig

Quote from: 87DAWG on February 07, 2018, 09:47:11 am
The little 3 were sick last week. If they are gonna make a run in their district them 3 will have to be healthy.
Little?  What's their size?

sportsfreak12

They are small but quick.  They can handle the ball and shoot the 3, but have trouble amongst the big men in the paint.  Hopefully they will grow some in the next couple of years.  If they do, Corning will be a tough outing for anyone.

boss85

February 07, 2018, 02:58:21 pm #16 Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 04:13:15 pm by boss85
Corning Jr. High also lost at Highland last Saturday night. It was a makeup game from the week before which was postponed due to the death of the young lady from Corning. It was obvious that the Corning coach was not playing with a team at full strength, or even trying to win for that matter. But that is at least 2 losses.. I'm sure they are a good team, but I couldn't tell from watching them last Saturday night. The Highland starters never played after the first quarter.

sportsfreak12

Yes they did lose to Highland, but they played without the triplets who all had the flu and didn't even make the trip.  It was a makeup game that didn't mean anything in the standings.  Coach decided to go ahead and play to give the other boys some experience and playing time.  Not taking anything away from Highland, but when you have 4 starters not playing it is gonna make a big diffence.  Good luck to both teams in districts.

boss85

Quote from: sportsfreak12 on February 08, 2018, 08:49:26 am
Yes they did lose to Highland, but they played without the triplets who all had the flu and didn't even make the trip.  It was a makeup game that didn't mean anything in the standings.  Coach decided to go ahead and play to give the other boys some experience and playing time.  Not taking anything away from Highland, but when you have 4 starters not playing it is gonna make a big diffence.  Good luck to both teams in districts.
I talked to a parent who said this made Highland and Corning have identical records of 11-2 in conference which would make them co-conference champions of the blended conference. Sounds like it meant something in the standings.

NEA Razorback olfan

February 08, 2018, 10:25:00 am #19 Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 10:26:44 am by NEA Razorback olfan
I would put Brookland Jr boys into this conversation , they did pretty well this season , especially after losing two freshman that were moved up to SR High beginning of the season.
Keean Stode and Jackson Ballard .
But we will see how they perform in District.

501Arkansas

Osceola jr boys a chasing a 4 peat Saturday night

baller334

Did they win that conference this year?

Rick Swines

Annie Camp is the best I've seen this year.  I would put them up against any jr high in the state and they would hold their own.  Mt. home is very good as well.  Corning is good for 3A but wouldn't compete vs. higher levels.  Brookland is the same.  Good 4A school but wouldn't win the 5a or 6a east. 

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: baller334 on February 09, 2018, 11:32:03 am
Did they win that conference this year?

I believe Brookland won that Combined 4A/3A Conference  going undefeated.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Rick Swines on February 09, 2018, 12:56:36 pm
Annie Camp is the best I've seen this year.  I would put them up against any jr high in the state and they would hold their own.  Mt. home is very good as well.  Corning is good for 3A but wouldn't compete vs. higher levels.  Brookland is the same.  Good 4A school but wouldn't win the 5a or 6a east.

I agree

baller334

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on February 09, 2018, 12:58:25 pm
I believe Brookland won that Combined 4A/3A Conference  going undefeated.

I'm sorry I meant the 3A

OB11

Annie Camp got beat by Mac in OT by 2 the other night. Tough to go undefeated.

Head Lion

Quote from: 501Arkansas on February 09, 2018, 10:28:15 am
Osceola jr boys a chasing a 4 peat Saturday night
Not quite so fast...

NEA Razorback olfan

NEA Razorback olfan

February 10, 2018, 08:01:48 pm #29 Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 09:20:24 am by NEA Razorback olfan
Brookland Jr Boys end up 22-5 with a 26-21 win over Highland tonight.
4A-3 district Champs
Chris Watts and Walker Harrel 6pts

T Issacs 11 pts for Highland

Brookland Jr Girls end up 20-4 with a 37-28 win over Highland tonight.
4A-3- district Champs

H. Boiling 14pts
K.Ford 8pts

B Pena 22pts for Highland

CoolBreeze

Harding Academy took the 3A/4A District Tournament at Batesville Southside with upset victories over Tuckerman on Thursday and Southside Saturday afternoon.

NEA Razorback olfan

February 11, 2018, 09:21:13 am #31 Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 09:34:59 am by NEA Razorback olfan
Congratulations to all the Jr District Championship winners!!
Good luck to all the teams still playing!!
I have really enjoyed watching some of the local Jr Teams in this Area. Good luck to all the Freshman getting moved up to compete at the varsity level!!

Head Lion

rskyb33

Congratulations to the Jr High Hillbillies on winning the 4-4a  26-0 on the year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

87DAWG

February 12, 2018, 12:34:20 pm #34 Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 01:24:37 pm by 87DAWG
Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on February 10, 2018, 08:01:48 pm
Brookland Jr Boys end up 22-5 with a 26-21 win over Highland tonight.
4A-3 district Champs
Chris Watts and Walker Harrel 6pts

T Issacs 11 pts for Highland

Brookland Jr Girls end up 20-4 with a 37-28 win over Highland tonight.
4A-3- district Champs

H. Boiling 14pts
K.Ford 8pts

B Pena 22pts for Highland
Congrats to the Brookland Lady Bearcats! Too much for us to overcome. Ya'll played great! Pena girl ran out of gas towards the end. Not to say that is the reason they didn't win. Ya'll had too much for the young Lady Rebels! Boys game was physical and exciting! I expect nothing less from a well coached Brookland team! Congrats to Brookland JR Boys as well!!

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: 87DAWG on February 12, 2018, 12:34:20 pm
Congrats to the Brookland Lady Bearcats! Too much for us to overcome. Ya'll played great! Pena girl ran out of gas towards the end. Not to say that is the reason they didn't win. Ya'll had too much for the young Lady Rebels! Boys game was physical and exciting! I expect nothing less from a well coached Brookland team! Congrats to Brookland JR Boys as well!!

Thank you Sir, Highland has a lot of Talent  coming up , Pena is going to be an awesome player as she develops!! Good guards and size for your boys!! 

QBDad

Melbourne Jr girls finish season 23-2 - 3A-1 East District Champs and 4A/3A Conference Champs

ral333

Bigelow Jr High Girls deserve to be in this conversation for this past season. Absolutely dominate all year long.

LeftyWorld

Quote from: Dlawrence03 on April 19, 2018, 08:51:05 am
Bigelow Jr High Girls deserve to be in this conversation for this past season. Absolutely dominate all year long.

Didn't a few of them get moved up and helped them go on a good run in post season?

Backboard Shattered

WSGF Jr Boys best in the state

Head Lion

Ctucker

GFWS seen them play they would have beat a lot of senior teams

Head Lion

Nettleton & MacArthur would beat quite a few Sr hi teams.

Cheek

I would have to go with Stuttgart 7th grade team.  This crew will dominate for the next five years.  Sugartown is back!

Neckred

Quote from: Cheek on July 29, 2018, 08:27:08 am
I would have to go with Stuttgart 7th grade team.  This crew will dominate for the next five years.  Sugartown is back!
Were they ever good to start with?

smallybells

Quote from: Dlawrence03 on April 19, 2018, 08:51:05 am

I watched them play Perryville last night, definitely a squad with some potential.

wynneaholic©

Watch Trumann jr high this year led by 6'4" 8th grader Leevi Martin!!!!

Head Lion

Quote from: wynneaholic© on December 07, 2018, 09:36:29 pm
Watch Trumann jr high this year led by 6'4" 8th grader Leevi Martin!!!!
They have Manila(7-0) on Tuesday night 12/11

scrapdig

Quote from: Head Lion on December 10, 2018, 09:44:59 pm
They have Manila(7-0) on Tuesday night 12/11
Score update tonite if you can

Head Lion

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas