• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone else curious about that Mohammed cartoon?

Started by SandLizard04, February 15, 2006, 09:56:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SandLizard04

It still hasn't been shown in the U.S., as far as I know, but I saw it on the internet somewhere tonight.

Tarkus

Uncle Ivan

Sure, they want to make light of the systematic murder of over six million Jews, condone the murder of innocent civilians, including many women and children, but talk about their murderous, pedophilic death cult-founding "prophet" - it's a grievous harm, they've got to riot.

Ridiculous.  I said on 9-11, and still today, that I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep if every single Muslim on the face of the Earth was killed.

Guetz

February 16, 2006, 12:24:36 am #3 Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 12:35:30 am by Guetz
Bill Kristol of the Weekly Standard said it right about the cartoon issue during an interview on FoxNews.  The self-righteous riots induced by the inflammatory comments of the radical imams are not designed to intimidate the West.  They are intended to intimidate the moderate Muslim majority which has begun to be infinitesimally more vocal about Islamists and their despicable actions.

Guetz

Below is a quote from an article in The Weekly Standard written by Olivier Guitta, a foreign affairs consultant based in Washington, D.C.  The article is a must read if you are even a little concerned about the escalating violence by the Islamists.

"Thus, "The Project" calls for "putting in place a watchdog system for monitoring the [Western] media to warn all Muslims of the dangers and international plots fomented against them." Another long-term effort is to "put in place [among Muslims in the West] a parallel society where the group is above the individual, godly authority above human liberty, and the holy scripture above the laws."

A European secret service agent interviewed by Besson explains that "the project is going to be a real danger in ten years: We'll see the emergence of a parallel system, the creation of 'Muslim Parliaments.' Then the slow destruction of our institutions will begin."

One point emphasized in "The Project" is that Muslims must constantly work to support Islamic Dawa and all the groups around the globe engaged in jihad. Also vital is to "keep the Ummah [the Muslim community] in a jihad frame of mind" and--no surprise here--"to breed a feeling of resentment towards the Jews and refuse any form of coexistence with them." (On February 2, At-Tajdid, a Moroccan Islamist daily close to the Brotherhood, explained to its readers that the Danish cartoons were "a Zionist provocation aimed at reviving the conflict between the West and the Muslim nation.")

By inflaming a controversy such as the current one, the Muslim Brotherhood attempts to widen the rift between the West and Islam. It specifically targets Muslim communities living in the West, aiming to radicalize their moderate elements by continually pointing out the supposed "Islamophobia" all around them. Right on cue, the Saudi daily Al Watan reports that the Council of Islamic Countries decided in December to create a worldwide Islamophobia watchdog organization that will lobby for the adoption of "anti-Islamophobia" laws, as well as promoting a common position against states or organizations it sees as attacking Islam.

Under the scheme outlined in "The Project," the Muslim Brotherhood would seek to become the indispensable interlocutor of Western governments on issues relating not only to Islam but also to international issues touching the Islamic world, notably the Israeli-Arab conflict, the war in Iraq, and even the war on terror.

The same approach turns up in Qaradawi's 1990 book Priorities of the Islamic Movement in the Coming Phase. Qaradawi sees the presence of large Muslim populations in the West as a major opportunity. For him, "the Islamic presence" in the West is necessary "to defend the interests of the Muslim Nation and the land of Islam against the hostility and disinformation of anti-Islamic movements." He actually calls on Western Muslim communities to reform their host countries.

The cartoon jihad has been a godsend for Islamists throughout the world. For the past year, Muslim lobbies in Europe have been pushing for the adoption of blasphemy laws by the United Nations, the European Union, and the nations of Europe. Predictably, Qaradawi endorsed this cause in his sermon of February 3 (translated and posted on the web by the Middle East Media Research Institute): "The governments must be pressured to demand that the U.N. adopt a clear resolution or law that categorically prohibits affronts to prophets." Like the cartoon jihad, it is a ploy straight out of the Muslim Brotherhood playbook--and, most worryingly, a move likely to have strong appeal to Muslim moderates."

SandLizard04

The whole situation is a quagmire that's just going to get worse.

Guetz

I have always considered myself to be a conservative yet tolerant and open minded person.  Yet the more that I study, the more I coming to the conclusion that Islam is an abomination that is irrevocably bent on a path of destruction and that the only solution is going to be its eradication.  Of the worlds major religions, it is the only one that I know of that sanctions and even encourages the annihilation of any who don't believe as its followers do. 

I don't feel very tolerant or open minded when I walk down that mental pathway, but I do not see any alternatives.  Islam has been pretty clear in demonstrating an intolerance that will brook not even the slightest compromise.

Islam is more and more expressing its purpose and that purpose is the death of individual rights and subordination to theocratic rule.  That does not advance our civilization or our world.

Europe better watch out and we should prepare, because I believe that a time is coming when we will be challenged on our own soil.

hoghigh

I have always watched the Islam world with skepticism.  In recent years, the US Government has required the building of Mo slim Student Unions on College Campus's.  I wonder how long it will be before they start converting our college kids?  Just like in Oklahoma City at the OU game, that student was having major problems in his life and 6 months prior to his death, he found the Muslim movement on campus and converted.  He stopped talking to his parents and on the night of his demise, that was the first time his dad even saw him in 3 months.  They didn't even know he converted.  I had several briefings in the '90's about the local militia's, which the Clinton Administration hated.  Some of these groups were very organized and scared me a little but in '96 the briefings changed.  We started getting info about outside groups trying to infiltrate our society and attempts on our well being that in my opinion led up to the 9-11 incident.  I left the military in '99 and my opinion still has not changed about the Moslem Community.

One gage I use is if they are a peace loving society, where are their "Hippie's, Beatnik's, and Peace Mongerer's".  I don't know where to find them.  I have seen a few on TV and talk shows, but that is a few.  I do think that in general, 80% of the Iraqi people want peace and love what we have done for them so far.  They are fighting the same hypocritical forces that we are fighting.  Unfortunately, the rest of the world the revolves with the Islamic people are either to afraid or are secretly in bed with the radical fronts.  Time will tell.  And the clock is ticking rather quickly to a devastating reality that will change the world forever.  Just which side of the change will we wake-up to?

Lions84

We just need to fly over these groups of Protesters and drop a little napalm on them

that would shut them up for good.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas