• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Valentines Day

Started by AHM™, February 13, 2006, 11:11:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AHM™

OK, the most pointless day of the year is tomorrow...For all of those out there that actually celebrate this day what did ya get your girlfriend/boyfriend, wife/husband, and whatever else i left out...

rabs_fan4life

Haha...this is the first Valentines Day you will not find me sitting around sulking because this year I have amazing boyfriend (yes I know most of you don't think he's so amazing but I do.)  Sooo...what did I get Manningfan for Valentines day...well...I already know what he got me because the little stinker can't keep a secret to save his life!  Not only did he have in bought like the 2nd week of January he told me what it was the minute he walked into the door with it!  The only thing I don't know is what it looks like...I just know it's a necklace!  I didn't ask what it looked like to leave some element of suprise to it!  Although my mind has been all over the place wondering what it looked like!  I'm not going to say what I got him because he reads this thing entirely to much for me to say it!  He's been begging me to tell him for the past week and I keep refusing because unlike him I don't ruin the suprise!  I know he hasn't been on here in forever but sure enough the minute I tell what it is he'll magically re-appear!  But....since we can't be together tomorrow and I wanted to be there when he got his gift we are both holding on to our gifts til we see each other so we can really give them to each other!  I did send him a package though so he had something to open tomorrow!  I'll tell what it is since it's just cutesy stuff!  It's a teddy bear with my perfume sprayed on it, a bag of herseys kisses since I can't be there to give a real kiss, a Hersey's Valentines Day cholocate bar, and love dice!  OK...let me clarify that for all you dirty minded people...they are not the kinky nasty dice...they have sweet stuff on them instead of the things y'all are thinking about...they say things like "hold hands" "cuddle" "hug" "kiss" "watch a movie together"!  GUTTER MINDS!  :P And I also made a home made Valentine's card for him with markers and glue and all that good stuff!  He said he sent me something too  ;D but I'm not sure what he sent me...cuz I told him if he told me I'd beat him.   Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow weather you have someone to spend it with or not!  I've never had a Valentine before because well...guess I just never had a boyfriend when that time of year rolled around!  But so far I am loving it!  ;D

Happy Valentines Day!!!

Lions84

I got by Bride of 11 years red Carnations her favorite flower , and a animated E-Card plus I will take her out to eat tonight after work. I got her something else but I can't talk about that on FF . ;)We have Children around.  ;)

WBF †

PHIL IS MY HERO aka RTVM

Quote from: Lions84 on February 14, 2006, 09:00:51 am
I got by Bride of 11 years red Carnations her favorite flower , and a animated E-Card plus I will take her out to eat tonight after work. I got her something else but I can't talk about that on FF . ;)We have Children around.  ;)

hey now, being married myself, i thought you only give those gifts on years 1-5 of a marriage!!!  I thought after 5, it was all downhill, anyway!

chevy lover

I got my soon to be g/f a rose and a card.  That is all I can do since she has a game tonight for now!!!

SandLizard04

Heh. Attaboy.

amehr36

Between 3 people i bought 2 bears, a large caterpillar doll thingy....2 boxes of chocolate, a chocolate rose, and some chocolate lips.  None of these people were my significant others though... i almost had one to buy something for till i found out she was LYING FOR THE PAST 6 MONTHS....but hey this is a happy day right??   ;D

rabs_fan4life

Awww...Happy Valentines Day everyone!  Manningfan's gift arrived just a little bit ago!  He sent me bracelet, a stuffed pink lamb holding a rose, a chocolate rose and some other candy!  Oh and a card!  Happy me!!  *I love you Chad*  Well hope everyone has a great day!

-Painted Fan-

Okay, I've done the leg work for you guys, since I've been with my wife for 18 wonderful years now.
Things you can't go wrong with:
Roses and their meanings- red (I love you), pink (happiness, fun, thank you), lilac (love at first sight), white (truth, innocence), coral (desire), orange (enthusiasm), yellow (friendship), dead (it's over), single red rose (I love you, but I'm not going broke telling you so).  Whichever of these applies to you.  BTW, Sutherland's - $14.99 a dozen any color, WalMart price matches.
Cards- I don't know why, but women love cards.  Funny, romantic, a guy could stand in the card aisle for an hour and not find the right card.  Why?  Because (women, take note) guys hate cards
The right music- for one night, put away the AC/DC.  you can't go wrong with: the late Luther Vandross, Teddy Pendergrass, Bread, Lionel Richie.  Things NOT TO PLAY- 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover by Paul Simon, She's Gone by Hall & Oates, Love Stinks by J. Geils Band
Eating- a nice restaurant is preferred (Taco Bell drive thru is NOT the place to go- unless of course, that's where SHE wants to go).  If you're near the Ft. Smith area, the Ribeye Steakhouse on Zero is having heart-shaped steaks tonight.
Movies- love stories to get mushy, scary movies to get her close.  Unless she's into them, avoid sports related, or action with high body counts.  BTW, Saw II hit DVD today.
Jewelry- this is for the SERIOUS relationships.  You can NEVER go wrong with jewelry.  And for you guys on a limited budget, might I suggest Freidman's Jeweler's.  You can get something with little or no down payment, and only 10% interest.

Now for the ladies, I've already touched on the cards issue.  Avoid clothes.  I know you're dying to get him a new shirt, but it hasn't been that long since Christmas.
Cologne- Abercrombie & Fitch just came out with a new fragrance.  If you don't care for that, try their Fierce. 
Comedian Ron White has a new CD out- "You Can't Fix Stupid".  If you don't care for the language, but still want to get it, buy the edited version, available at WalMart.
If he's into hunting or fishing- how about a new tree stand.
Oh, and MSUgirl99 on ebay has a 3 year subscription (36 issues) of Maxim or Stuff magazine for $1.99 (no joke).

I hope this has helped you.  Everyone have a HAPPY VD!

wynneaholic©

1 dozen yellow/orange roses and a monster heart shaped baloon.  We have been together for 17 1/2 years so I guarandamtee you this is one day I always do something on.  Guys if you want to do something that gets remarkable results then tommorow go out and buy her  another dozen roses and watch what happens!!  badda bing badda bang!!!

SandLizard04

A few thoughts, paintedfan:

-Fierce is the way to go.
-You're right about the cards. They love them.
-Friedman's is where it's at. Best place to buy jewelry, IMO.

Lions84

Quote from: PHIL IS MY HERO aka RTVM on February 14, 2006, 09:10:03 am
I got by Bride of 11 years red Carnations her favorite flower , and a animated E-Card plus I will take her out to eat tonight after work. I got her something else but I can't talk about that on FF . ;)We have Children around. ;)

hey now, being married myself, i thought you only give those gifts on years 1-5 of a marriage!!! I thought after 5, it was all downhill, anyway!

Maybe be at your house but me and momma are still dating and loving and will through the Rockin Years.  ;) :D ;D 8)

PHIL IS MY HERO aka RTVM

Quote from: Lions84 on February 14, 2006, 02:33:22 pm
I got by Bride of 11 years red Carnations her favorite flower , and a animated E-Card plus I will take her out to eat tonight after work. I got her something else but I can't talk about that on FF . ;)We have Children around. ;)

hey now, being married myself, i thought you only give those gifts on years 1-5 of a marriage!!! I thought after 5, it was all downhill, anyway!

Maybe be at your house but me and momma are still dating and loving and will through the Rockin Years. ;) :D ;D 8)

I've only been married about a year and a half.  I'm still honeymooning!!!  I just hope it doesn't end!!!

Drama Mama ™

February 14, 2006, 02:52:20 pm #14 Last Edit: February 14, 2006, 02:54:54 pm by Drama Mama
Just call me low maintenance  ;D ...... I'm going to a BALL GAME tonight while my wonderfull hubby of 19 years stays at home and entertains our little 3 year old princess  ;D  No cards....no gifts.... just  give me a couple hours out of the house to scream and yip like a bansheee.... Now THAT"S LOVE PEOPLE !   Me and the big kiddo gonna root on the Goblins !   ;)

Lions84

Quote from: PHIL IS MY HERO aka RTVM on February 14, 2006, 02:49:30 pm
Quote from: Lions84 on February 14, 2006, 02:33:22 pm

Maybe be at your house but me and momma are still dating and loving and will through the Rockin Years. ;) :D ;D 8)

I've only been married about a year and a half. I'm still honeymooning!!! I just hope it doesn't end!!!
Just keep treating her like your still dating and read The 5 love languages by Gary Smalley and you'll be set.

dalejrfan

The only purpose of this Holiday is Card makers,choclate places, and Florists make $$$$$$. Its ridiculous.

Bob Lablaw

February 14, 2006, 05:21:14 pm #17 Last Edit: February 14, 2006, 05:59:37 pm by RMA
Yeah, well umm, my daddy got me a heart shaped box of chocolates and my favorite cousin sent me an e-card. That's all I got. Good enough for me I guess.......but in a few years, that just ain't gonna cut it. lol

Code3Cat

7 yrs got my wife Diamond Earrings...i got a bucket full of snacks....thinks i got screwed

RD™

I bought my wife Saw II and a 2 Dozen Roses

Bob Lablaw

Quote from: Outdoorsman#8 on February 14, 2006, 04:54:25 pm
The only purpose of this Holiday is Card makers,choclate places, and Florists make $$$$$$. Its ridiculous.

I tend to think Valentine's Day is quite sucky also.

RD™

Quote from: RMA on February 14, 2006, 06:17:06 pm
Quote from: Outdoorsman#8 on February 14, 2006, 04:54:25 pm

I tend to think Valentine's Day is quite sucky also.
I agree its a load of crap. You should show the ones you love everyday, or surprise them or what not. Not just on Februray 14th

Bob Lablaw

Yeah....................RD, you seem to be nicer than usual.........well, not to some people lol, maybe it's just my imagination. I need someone to fight with again. lol

RD™

Quote from: RMA on February 14, 2006, 06:34:39 pm
Yeah....................RD, you seem to be nicer than usual.........well, not to some people lol, maybe it's just my imagination. I need someone to fight with again. lol
You're not on my list no more.

Father Guido

I got my bride of 23 years; some flower, a box of chocolate truffles, and took her out to eat at Taliano's in Fort Smith, last night, since I have to work tonight. ;D

Bob Lablaw

Quote from: RD™ on February 14, 2006, 06:47:34 pm
Quote from: RMA on February 14, 2006, 06:34:39 pm
You're not on my list no more.

I've moved up.

Britt_06

Valentine's Day is crap when you don't have anybody but when you do it is great! I got a dozen roses and a BIG teddy bear!

Blue Collar

Quote from: Britt_06 on February 14, 2006, 08:47:26 pm
I got a dozen roses and a BIG teddy bear!
  ::) Thats nice to know  ::)

RD™

Quote from: Britt_06 on February 14, 2006, 08:47:26 pm
Valentine's Day is crap when you don't have anybody but when you do it is great! I got a dozen roses and a BIG teddy bear!
Cheezey, extremely pathetically cheezey.

AHM™

Quote from: RD™ on February 14, 2006, 05:45:33 pm
I bought my wife Saw II and a 2 Dozen Roses

oh you did i haven't seen it yet ;P

amehr36

I got a box of chocolate, a heart of chocolate, and a little basket of goodies...boy for being a guy i got a bunch.

Lions84

The bride loved the Flowers and Dinner  a great Time was had by all  ;)

chilly gilly

Bath & Body works basket!!!!!!!!!!  loaded with freaky stuff!!!!!!

athletic supporter

I hope this has helped you.  Everyone have a HAPPY VD!

Does anyone else find this disturbing? Sorry, I couldn't help myself. ;D

athletic supporter

My wife wanted her nails done. I held her down and bit all her fingernails off. I'm just glad she didn't want a pedicure.

My wife got her nails done and a new outfit.

Bob Lablaw

Quote from: youthguy on February 15, 2006, 01:02:18 pm
My wife wanted her nails done. I held her down and bit all her fingernails off. I'm just glad she didn't want a pedicure.

How romantic......err, maybe what's another word I'm searching for?

athletic supporter

Quote from: RMA on February 15, 2006, 04:30:56 pm
Quote from: youthguy on February 15, 2006, 01:02:18 pm

How romantic......err, maybe what's another word I'm searching for?

I told a lady that yesterday and she got down right mad at me before I could tell her it was a joke!

Bob Lablaw

What's to get mad about? lol

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas