• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is it time to FIRE Stan Heath?

Started by fanofthegame, February 08, 2006, 09:15:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fanofthegame

I feel it is.  The guy uses his last timeout(WITH THE LEAD) with 28 seconds left and lets LSU set up their defense.  He then puts in a FRESHMEN that had not played in the game(maybe a few seconds earlier) and he gets fouled.  He goes to the line and bricks BOTH.  That is BAD coaching.  I have not been against him at all until tonight.  ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE Coaching if you ask me.

ptown25

Im officially starting a Fire Stan Heath bandwagon

rabs_fan4life

I'm jumping on that bandwagon!  I know for a fact that we can count RD in on that one too..he's not here right now cuz he's "away" for a few months...but he wanted Stan Heath gone a loooooong time ago!  Oh yeah....Manningfan hates him to as I heard all night tonight being that I was talking to him on the phone while he watched the game...he would have Stan Heath removed from the state if he could!  So thats 3!

RABSFAN200

pioneerbasketball

Blue Collar

Super Scrapper

The last 28 seconds is not what beat us.   We played a terrible game.   When you don't shoot and rebound

any better than we did tonight you don't deserve to win.  I know we were in position to win and we should

have but we threw up enough bricks in the last 3 minutes that should have been easy baskets to have

easily won this game.   Stan has recruited and prepared the boys well.  Last Saturday I thought was the

best he has used them in a game.   Tonight the boys just were not making the shots and not rebounding.

He can't play for them.   I do wish he would show a bit more enthusiasm during a game.  I am not yet

ready to get rid of him.    :)  SS

Go Scrappers

Lions84

Bogey

It appears so.

Plus, if HDN does NOT turn it around this year, it is time to make a change in football.

powerlifter90

Is Arkansas the only D1 school that the head coaches in football and basketball both need to go?

ptown25

If Houston doesnt win 8 next year Broyles will give 'em the axe

donkeyfan

This season is a gonner anyway- let him stay till the end of the SEC tournament.  I'm feeling generous today.

WBF †

Never does one play, or one coaching mistake cost you the "whole game".If it did, then teams would just play one play or one drive each-to see who is better.....If they would've played harder and scored more earlier in the game, it wouldn't have came down to two free throws. Does that make any sense?

chilly gilly

PUT A BOOT IN HIS A*@! AND HOUSTON TOO! KEEP IT PIMPIN!!!!!!!!

donkeyfan

February 10, 2006, 10:49:06 am #14 Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 12:37:03 pm by donkeyfan
Quote from: jaxdevil#10 on February 10, 2006, 09:11:41 am
Never does one play, or one coaching mistake cost you the "whole game".If it did, then teams would just play one play or one drive each-to see who is better.....If they would've played harder and scored more earlier in the game, it wouldn't have came down to two free throws. Does that make any sense?

LSU was not just one mistake.  For now it's just the last straw.
I also predict every game from now to the end of the season will be another straw.  And when we watch the last loss, it will really be the last straw (for all the disgruntled fans, anyway).

WBF †

Lions84

carona

No!! Everyone wants intant success. If we send Stan packing, at least 10 schools will be knocking down his door. Give him 4 or 5 years and if he's in the SEC he'll come back and beat us on our own court.
Getting a new coach isn't a guarantee of success either, you loose momentum recruiting and you wind up back where you started.
Listen around the SEC, folks are beginning to talk about the Razorbacks being right on the edge of breaking out and some folks want to fire the guy leading them.
If this season was like last year I'd agree, but it's not.

xtremewildcat

Stan is a nice guy. That is why he is being given the benefit of the doubt. If he does not make the NCAA tournament the next 2 years, I think if is time to hire Mike Anderson. Also, if they have a total melt down this year, like they had last year, I would let him go.

Super Scrapper

We came back and played pretty well against Auburn.  I think Stan can still get the job done.  I am for

staying a while longer.  He has and is doing a great job of recruiting.   :)  SS

Go Scrappers

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: carona on February 11, 2006, 03:11:43 pm
Getting a new coach isn't a guarantee of success either

Unless the new coach is Bob Huggins.

xtremewildcat

Is there anyone out there that would not like to see Mike Anderson coach this group. I would say we would be a top 25 team if Mike was our coach now.

givemeabreak

Quote from: fanofthegame on February 08, 2006, 09:15:14 pm
I feel it is. The guy uses his last timeout(WITH THE LEAD) with 28 seconds left and lets LSU set up their defense. He then puts in a FRESHMEN that had not played in the game(maybe a few seconds earlier) and he gets fouled. He goes to the line and bricks BOTH. That is BAD coaching. I have not been against him at all until tonight. ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE Coaching if you ask me.

So its Stan's fault that his best freethrow shooter misses?  This is not bad coaching...more like bad shooting.  It was a good come back, that did not go the Hog's way.

alanboyd

Heath can recruit very well. But his coaching ability is very "questionable" to say the least. I attend the u of a and I want to win. Especially since i pay over 3 grand a semester just for tuition. I want to have pride in every aspect of my school..... education and athletics. With the combo we have now (nutt and Heath) it just isn't happening. They need to make changes ASAP if they want to keep any dignity that the U might have left.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas