• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prayer's Being Requested

Started by retiredlion05, January 24, 2006, 06:40:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

retiredlion05

Hey everyone,
I know this is going to sound silly and seem like a waste of time to some of yall but I just got some bad news today from the Vet.  My dog, a British Black Lab, has lung cancer and there isn't anything they can do for dogs with that illness.  He is 8 years old and has been my hunting companion for as long as I can remember.  My step-father and myself would just ask for your prayers maybe not for our dog but for us as we struggle with saying good-bye to such a great friend.  I have done nothing all day except cry.  Work nor anything else seems of any importance to me right now.  On top of all of that, I am leaving the Real Estate Company that I work for to join another Real Estate Company.  I ask for prayers for a smooth transition there.

Love yall,

Retiredlion05

go_hounds

I understand completely. i lost my hunting dog last year. it was a very sad time

Texarkana_Piggie

a prayer for comfort coming your way.

msubulldogs21

Man, I'm real sorry to hear about that. About 8 years ago I had a dog that died of cancer too so I can relate to the tough time that you're going through. I'll keep yall in my prayers for sure!

McGeheeOWLgirl

It's not silly at all.  I lost my dog earlier this year and my whole family was devastated.  Prayers from McGehee.

hogsfan4life

I know its hard losing a companion like that. Prayers from Clarendon.

Drama Mama ™

January 24, 2006, 10:21:55 pm #6 Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 10:23:28 pm by Drama Mama
My prayers to you as well.    Saying good bye to a family pet and friend is never easy.  I have bawled and squalled over 2 myself.  We lost our Great Dane when I was younger and I will never forget the wonderful letter that my family recieved from our Vet.  It just made it so much easier to know that he also felt our pain.  It's like losing your best buddy....the one who loves you un-conditionally .  So, retiredlion...Here's to remembering all the happy times of you and  your buddy ...  and a  chin up as you head to your next venture with the new company.

Father Guido

Dogs can truly be a man's best friend.  Labs are especially good partners.  My Chocolat Lab is not the brightest thing in the world, but the only thing she wants in life is to be petted and have her ears rubbed.

My thoughts are with you.

Lions84

Prayers from a fellow Dog lover in Cleburne TX  :'( :'(

rabs_fan4life

Nothing silly about it at all...prayers from Lonoke for God to help ease your pain!  I've been there before!

retiredlion05

Thank you all so much for your prayers.  He truly was this man's best friend. 

God Bless

retiredlion05

Hey folks,
I just wanted to tell you guys and gals thanks so very much for your prayers.  We've spent the last few weeks with our dog, giving him medicines and treating him for what we hoped was just an infection in his lungs instead of cancer.  He started feeling better and we got two good weeks with our friend before he just couldn't fight anymore and he passed away a couple of hours ago.  So I think I'm going to take a few weeks off from everything, including FF and just sort through life.  Y'all be good and I hope to be back soon!

With a Thankful Heart,

Retiredlion05

Bob Lablaw

February 07, 2006, 04:12:22 pm #12 Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 04:14:12 pm by RMA
 :'( I'm really sorry. Prayers that you'll be better.

wynneaholic©

rabs_fan4life

So sorry to hear it!  I hope you find what you are looking for in your time away and that you stay strong though the healing process!  Prayers for you from Lonoke!

Lions84

Sorry to hear the news we are praying for you all.  :'( :'(

Lions84

chevy lover

Prayers indeed regardless of who or what they are for!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas