• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JC 2014 vs 09 Bearden/JC

Started by Jesus Saves, December 11, 2014, 01:20:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesus Saves

To the JC fans that currently follow this team.  I'm considering the 09 Bearden/JC a dead lock.  I know JC won the title that year but they split their record that year 1-1.  My question is, would this years JC team mercy rule either of those teams.  I know there's no way of knowing but I'm just asking your opinions.

THA TRUTH

No they wouldn't mercy rule either of those teams and could lose to both in my opinion

cuz

Quote from: Jesus Saves on December 11, 2014, 01:20:10 pm
To the JC fans that currently follow this team.  I'm considering the 09 Bearden/JC a dead lock.  I know JC won the title that year but they split their record that year 1-1.  My question is, would this years JC team mercy rule either of those teams.  I know there's no way of knowing but I'm just asking your opinions.
Here's how calpreps projuects that match-up......

neutral field
[2014] Junction City (AR) 26, [2009] Bearden (AR) 21

Jesus Saves

I haven't watched JC in person this year, due to travel, but I really didn't need to.  Their dominance kind of speaks for itself.  I just couldn't see a 2A team much better than those two teams in 09.  Especially not capable of mercy ruling either of them.  That was probably two of the best 2A teams I've seen since the early 80's.

cuz

Quote from: Jesus Saves on December 11, 2014, 03:52:06 pm
I haven't watched JC in person this year, due to travel, but I really didn't need to.  Their dominance kind of speaks for itself.  I just couldn't see a 2A team much better than those two teams in 09.  Especially not capable of mercy ruling either of them.  That was probably two of the best 2A teams I've seen since the early 80's.
The 2014 team has more speed than the 09, talent is about the same.....
[2014] Junction City (AR) 28, [2009] Junction City (AR) 27

THA TRUTH

Quote from: Jesus Saves on December 11, 2014, 03:52:06 pm

That's not even the best jc team of the 2000s

THA TRUTH

And 07 bearden was better in my opinion

Superbia

You're talking about one of the best defenses Junction City has ever had versus probably the best offense.  The '08 team was slightly better (talent wise for sure), but the '09 team was better on the scoreboard.  The offense JC is running now is very similar to the offense Bearden ran that same year. As a firm believer in defense wins championships, I think the '09 team would win.  That and this years team can't stop an inside run all too well. Coupled with Byran Jones on the line, and the competition fell off something fierce.  Magazine won State the next year.  The same Magazine that was demolished 56-0 in the semis by JC the year before.

doniarebel64

I've been asked about this team a lot. 2009 had better lines and I believe would win. I can think of several Junction teams that had deeper talent ( 2003,2008,1999).

66SSV

In my opinion this is the best JC team to date followed by the 03 team.  This team has more overall speed and more athletes on the field at more positions.  Some of the other teams had better athletes at some positions but as a unit this teams has the most talented overall team.  I sure would have like to have seen that 03 team run this offense.

Proud Buckaroo

What year did Junction actually start passing the ball?

JC Guy

I have been following JC since 2000 when I moved here. I have seen some great teams assembled in that span. All have pros and cons. Two things come to mind when looking at everything as a whole. One- this group that is currently playing is on the cusp of being able to do what non before them have done. And two - every week one of the current players is breaking some school record or setting a new one that has never been achieved. Now all they have to do is finish!

66SSV

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on December 11, 2014, 11:21:54 pm
What year did Junction actually start passing the ball?

In 03 the McKinnon boys throw it just enough to keep the opposition honest, 8 or so times a game but it was 2012 before they started flinging it all over the field. 

Proud Buckaroo

I knoww I've asked this question before,  but what are you looking like for next year? I know the response I got was the QB would mostly tuck and run. But... Will you have to go back to power run?

JC Guy

Proud Buckaroo

Who are we looking at to replace Dancy?

THA TRUTH

It's prolly gonna go back to multiple running backs with cj johnson leading the way

cuz

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on December 12, 2014, 12:01:30 am
Who are we looking at to replace Dancy?
As TT stated CJ Johnson, a little smaller version of Dancy, but great speed and vision, a soph. this year....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas