• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is Junction over looking?

Started by Hornet4ever, December 10, 2014, 03:15:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hornet4ever

Honestly I know nothing about Hazen, I know they're undefeated which is cool I guess. But are they really going to be able to contend with JC at all? Considering making the drive to watch. The last time I saw Hazen play was when Hackett made the trip east (and won that playoff game) ;) that's a different thread though. Basically what I'm saying is I'm just wondering is it worth it. Or is this going to be a repeat of last week and have players watch the kick off roll to them and do nothing.

noonerricky

If anything go just to see how good junction city is

searkhogfan

They can afford to overlook.  Hazen's best shot at winning is getting Nightowl to threaten to Whip all of JC 's players if they show up.  Lol

dragondad

Maybe he can get the WVI to be his tag-team partner.   ;D

Old Scrapper

Naw JC is not over looking Hazen, I wish they were tho!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

This is a waste of space. Lol

No way does a coach like carpenter let his team overlook any team, much less one thats 14-0. The last time they faced a team that was undefeated from the 6 in the title game, it took a last second f.g. to win.

OB11

What would they be overlooking to?  I mean the ultimate goal of every season is a State Championship.  That's all that's left.  I have a feeling they will be more than focused on the task at hand. 

amehr36

No matter how arrogant some of our posters may seem..... I assure you the coaches never did and never will let the players get the big head and start overlooking people.

bleudog

December 10, 2014, 04:42:04 pm #8 Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 06:30:21 pm by bleudog
A team doesn't get to WMS 7 times in 12 years by overlooking other teams; especially a team with the same head coach.  The JC WMS games haven't all been like last year's.  Junction has two last second wins and one one-point loss in WMS.  One of those last second wins was the '12 game when the current seniors were sophomores, a number of whom played in that game.

cuz

The Dragons had a great practice at WMS today, should be pulling back up at JC about now. No overlooking anything just reminders to get this win and what it stands for.............

fbisgreat

This game will be over by the half.

FD4

On the cusp, I would really like to see Hazen give JC all they can handle.  Take it down to the wire.  Both teams are assured one thing, you'll not get out of WMS with anything less than a Runner Up Trophy for the case, and in Wynne's case maybe even a new panel at your stadium proclaiming a Runner Up.  But, if the same JC team shows up at WMS that has showed up through the playoffs, I agree, that this game could be over by the half.  I say Dave lets the #1's play through to the 5 minute mark of the 3rd then calls off the dogs.  Both of these teams have earned a standing O.

Hornet4ever

If Hazen tries to arm tackle dancy like all of these boys have on these high light reels all year its going to be a long night. That and let Jamario Bell make catches in the end zone he shouldnt be making. Hazen can give JC all they want, but if they dont want it bad enough JC will make them look dumb, just like Earle. :)

cuz

Quote from: Hornet4ever on December 11, 2014, 10:25:30 pm
If Hazen tries to arm tackle dancy like all of these boys have on these high light reels all year its going to be a long night. That and let Jamario Bell make catches in the end zone he shouldnt be making. Hazen can give JC all they want, but if they dont want it bad enough JC will make them look dumb, just like Earle. :)
Bell's just one weapon as is Dancy, you left out Evans, Rogers, and Livingston, key receivers. Evans and Armstrong in the backfield. Hazen hasn't seen anything like this all year, don't think they'll be prepared for it at all............

who-knew

Quote from: cuz on December 11, 2014, 10:42:50 pm
Bell's just one weapon as is Dancy, you left out Evans, Rogers, and Livingston, key receivers. Evans and Armstrong in the backfield. Hazen hasn't seen anything like this all year, don't think they'll be prepared for it at all............
Hazen will show up and not arm tackle. They will hit you square in the mouth and you will know that they are there.  Say what you want but these kids have nothing to lose and everything to gain, according to everyone else.  No disrespect to JC but I don't think they have seen a defense like Hazen's all year except for smackovers, so it should be a good one to watch. Closer than you think.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: who-knew on December 11, 2014, 11:07:10 pm
Hazen will show up and not arm tackle. They will hit you square in the mouth and you will know that they are there.  Say what you want but these kids have nothing to lose and everything to gain, according to everyone else.  No disrespect to JC but I don't think they have seen a defense like Hazen's all year except for smackovers, so it should be a good one to watch. Closer than you think.

Des Arc last year comes to mind when I read this....Sorry Pick for bringing that up again

Proud Buckaroo

Just looked at Hazen's roster, and I'm curious of exactly whose going to guard Bell........ No one is over 6'0" at all.

Hornet4ever

After looking at the game record from this year it seems to me that Hazen struggled to beat Earle, and Rison? Didnt Junction handle both of those games with ease? I'm sorry I just seriously think there is wayyyyy to much speed and size and strength stemming from this Dragon ball club for Hazen to handle. Good luck to Hazen, I hope you beat them, that would be crazy. I just dont see it happening.

Smackover Fan

Junction City doesn't overlook anybody, that's why they generally win big. They play everyone like they can be beat by them. Junction City is easily one of the best coached teams in Arkansas, Coach Carpenter could coach successfully at the next level, and a coach like that doesn't allow his boys to underestimate anyone...especially an undefeated team in the state championship game. Go Dragons, Go Bucks, Go Union County Football.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Not saying Hazen is like the 08 des arc team, BUT, the same things were said back then and that turned out to be great game.

THA TRUTH

Difference between now and then is the offense that are being ran as well which is the main reason this offense is as good as it is

cuz

December 12, 2014, 09:13:46 am #21 Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 10:39:14 am by cuz
Quote from: Smackover Fan on December 12, 2014, 04:37:21 am
Junction City doesn't overlook anybody, that's why they generally win big. They play everyone like they can be beat by them. Junction City is easily one of the best coached teams in Arkansas, Coach Carpenter could coach successfully at the next level, and a coach like that doesn't allow his boys to underestimate anyone...especially an undefeated team in the state championship game. Go Dragons, Go Bucks, Go Union County Football.
Cmon pick you know your giving Hazen false hope, especially since you've seen JC up close and personal.......... ;D

Fence Jockey

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 12, 2014, 04:56:03 am

Not saying Hazen is like the 08 des arc team, BUT, the same things were said back then and that turned out to be great game.

You know Pick, as much of a realitist as I am, for some reason this also keep nawing at the back of my thoughts also. It is real strange how this year & 08 have alot of the same Pre-Game hype and trains of thought as to what was going to take place! On paper most peoples thoughts on the outcome would show to be valid. But there is allways a Buster Douglass out there somewhere for every Mike Tyson! All it takes if for them to meet up at the right time under the right conditions.

THA TRUTH

Yea there is a lot bigger gap in comparable scores this year plus that DA team had some vs size and comparable athletes in Calhoun Cohen holloway and I believe Dunlap was the name of the guy that went 60 on that screen

searkhogfan

This JC team has No Weakness. And Dancy is a Star among Stars.  It ain't gonna happen. But let's say the unthinkable does happen & Hazen wins.  Would this be bigger upset than Rison over Barton or Rison over Shiloh many moons ago?   

Lions84

JC should win by 21 but if it is a closer game then I would not be surprised. Hazen is not DA 2.0.

THA TRUTH

It doesn't matter if they are or not it's gonna be a huge blow out

mtindian42

hazen just needs to play the game...not the tradition....they will be fine...

Dragon I

The reason I disagree with the thoughts on Hazen keeping it close, is JC has already proven against every 2A team they've played, that the only thing stopping them from being 60+ points better than all of them, is CC.  Hazen can't say the same, and they have two common opponents.  Add in the fact that their sprinter is hurt, and it's pointing to a long night for the Hornets.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: THA TRUTH on December 12, 2014, 10:45:00 am
Yea there is a lot bigger gap in comparable scores this year plus that DA team had some vs size and comparable athletes in Calhoun Cohen holloway and I believe Dunlap was the name of the guy that went 60 on that screen

Your names are correct, but you left off Robinson who just finished his career as a starting linebacker at ULM, he graduated last weekend to.

Hazen does have some size, Gurley and that kid with the BIG hair, #52 i think.

amehr36

BLAH Hazen has a shot. BLAH David can beat Goliath. BLAH Hazen needs to play the game..... not tradition....

Outloud

Blah, get a life!! Jc is the team to beat, but two teams play the game! You folks down south must be aware by now that the rest of the state of ARKANSAS knows the team to beat is junction city! The talk about 2 common opponents is true, but wasnt there a statement made that you cant compare scores?   Good luck to both the hornets and the dragons saturday and pray for an injury free game for both.

Old Scrapper

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 12, 2014, 12:28:31 pm
Quote from: THA TRUTH on December 12, 2014, 10:45:00 am

Your names are correct, but you left off Robinson who just finished his career as a starting linebacker at ULM, he graduated last weekend to.

Hazen does have some size, Gurley and that kid with the BIG hair, #52 i think.
Gurley #74, Rollins #56, Felts #68, Mills #50 are all pretty good size with average speed.

Smackover Fan

Quote from: cuz on December 12, 2014, 09:13:46 am
Cmon pick you know your giving Hazen false hope, especially since you've seen JC up close and personal.......... ;D

Trying to not be the typical JC bandwagoner, but I think, and I've seen Hazen tape, that if Smackover was still on 2A, we would be the 2nd best team there. :/ sad but true. Junction is way too good. No one that hasn't seen them in PERSON THIS year has any idea. Junction realistically wins this game by as many as they can score in the time given. Should have ordered the rings in week 2...and as a Smackover fan, I absolutely HATE giving JC this much credit.

cuz

Quote from: Smackover Fan on December 12, 2014, 01:40:56 pm

Trying to not be the typical JC bandwagoner, but I think, and I've seen Hazen tape, that if Smackover was still on 2A, we would be the 2nd best team there. :/ sad but true. Junction is way too good. No one that hasn't seen them in PERSON THIS year has any idea. Junction realistically wins this game by as many as they can score in the time given. Should have ordered the rings in week 2...and as a Smackover fan, I absolutely HATE giving JC this much credit.
Ahhhhh that didn't hurt that bad did it SF?????

Smackover Fan

Quote from: cuz on December 12, 2014, 02:42:09 pm

You have no idea. But Union County football trumps any non conference rivalry

cuz

Quote from: Smackover Fan on December 12, 2014, 03:06:33 pm
Quote from: cuz on December 12, 2014, 02:42:09 pm

You have no idea. But Union County football trumps any non conference rivalry
Well I hoping you guys bring it home, we need another state title down here in L.A..Wish I could be there but can't but I''ll be listening and cheering you boys on, good luck.....

dart

there is a reason they didn't order the rings after game 2 and it is several games to be played.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas