• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Question to Earle Fans

Started by OB11, December 08, 2014, 09:43:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

OB11

Let me begin this topic by saying I watched Earle for a long time when they were in the 3-3A and am glad they are doing well in 2A.  I would love to see them continue their success.  Also, I am not bashing anyone or the school in posing this question.  I ask this out of genuine curiosity. With that being said, I ask this question of Earle fans.

Do Earle fans feel like their coaching has been what has kept them from getting over the hump?  Earle consistently makes deep playoff runs, but always stumble in the quarters or semis.  I am an outsider looking in on the program, but it looks to me like coaching has played a big role in this.  Earle always has phenomenal athletes.  But that can only get you so far.  At what point do you say it's on the coaches?  I watched the first half of the JC/Earle game online Friday.  Don't get me wrong, JC is dominant and probably would have won regardless of who they played.  But Earle just did not look like they were prepared from a mental standpoint i.e, the kickoff that JC recovered at the 7.  Earle's players stood around and watched like they didn't know JC could recover the kick.  Again, not at all bashing the players, but I feel like that is a coaching mistake.  The coaches, especially at this point in the season should have the players prepared for situations like that.  I'm not talking specific play calls or scheme decisions.  I am more speaking on the preparation that lies with the coaches.  Another game that comes to mind in regard to this is the Earle/Prescott game from a few years back.  I don't remember if it was the quarters or semis but it was at Earle.  Earle had a chance at the end of the game to score and win. (Didn't help that Earle ran back the opening kickoff for a TD that got called back.  I felt that changed the momentum of the game from the get-go.)  They drove down to about the 10 or 15 but ran out of time.  I felt like the clock and timeouts were mismanaged from a coaching standpoint.  Once again, I enjoy seeing Earle do well and hope they continue their success, but what do Earle fans think about this? 

Dragon I

Earle is a weight program and quality coaching staff away from being a 2A force.

WPWells

If football ended before basketball started Earle would have several championships. When it gets cold (from what 12th Man understands) they have several players each year who decide they don't want to deal with the cold so they quit and go to the gym

Donnie Jamon

JC will make every coaching staff look bad.  They are just that good.  This game had nothing to do with coaching.  It has to do with all the weapons on the other side.  As for previous years, they have been good and will continue to be good with the athletes they have or get

Dragon I

DJ, did you not see the athletes they trotted out Friday night?  I don't see how they could lose with any kind of coaching and conditioning.

playmaker04

Quote from: Dragon I on December 08, 2014, 09:52:09 am
Earle is a weight program and quality coaching staff away from being a 2A force.
omg! I just fell out of my seat. D1 with almost a compliment.

playmaker04

In a previous thread about athletes I said from an athletic stand point I would put Earle against anybody in 2a. Now conditioning is a different story. It wasn't a factor in the game against us by because we came out intimidated and flat from the beginning. But have heard Epc and other teams say by the 4 th quarter of their games Earle was sucking air. But they have athletes that make you say "wow".

Butch_Cassidy

You sir are full of $+!#.... Earle coaches work just as hard to prepare these young men to play... So not fielding a kickoff is coaching... you got to be kidding me... these kids have played football since little  league and know the rules of the game and how to play... I know what these coaches deal with on a daily bases.. Just getting these kids to play and be out there for a whole season and a playoff run is remarkable.  Why don't you get off of your Friday night coaching box and see what's done for those kids Saturday  Through Thursday.  And that Prescott game your talking about... YOU DONT KNOW THE HALF OF WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT!!!.. Your just plain olé ignorant.. I can guarantee  you this Earle will be back and they will get over the hump... Don't make assumptions about people and programs you know absolutely  nothing about

THA TRUTH

Jc is still there so no they won't get over the hump

Dragon I

Being a good person does not make you a good coach.  I didn't hear anyone question the mans integrity, just his ability to coach.  They're winning on talent alone right now.

Backwoods Bart

Any team that has played JC this year at some point sat down and looked at JC game film.
It has been shown on recent game tape that some defensive players of various teams this year have literally fallen down to keep from having to hit JC running backs. JC has gotten into the heads of these kids and my opinion, and have been outworking everyone in the weight room and the other teams know it know it. The good news: The wake up call that has been sent by JC and is being answered!

Butch_Cassidy

So what is junction  city winning on... when they have the largest number of student in 2AA... or just the largest team.... 50+.... so does junction city not have the largest collection  of athletes  in 2AA or maybe even 3 A...

Donnie Jamon

I did and we played them.  What hurts Earle is that most if not all of them play basketball in the summer.  They don't have many people that lift in the summers b/c they are playing AAU and what not.  Most aren't going to play college football so they aren't on the weight plan that Arkansas gave to Bell who also played basketball.  I know we sometimes put blame on the coaches but man if the kid don't wont to, then he isn't gonna do it.  It's a little different now, then what it was 10 and 15 years ago. 

cuz

Quote from: Butch_Cassidy on December 08, 2014, 12:38:21 pm
So what is junction  city winning on... when they have the largest number of student in 2AA... or just the largest team.... 50+.... so does junction city not have the largest collection  of athletes  in 2AA or maybe even 3 A...
JC has 2a numbers, their coaches and program create the numbers, it's called participation.....

birddawg1986

December 08, 2014, 01:21:49 pm #14 Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 01:25:44 pm by birddawg1986
Once AAA stands up or if all of the 2A schools refuse to play them it will then quit. You don't have 60 kids on a 2A team. Most teams barely field 35 on a good year, and you sure as heck don't have multiple division I football players on one team. JC is good, and would probably win 3A or maybe even 4A. The recruiting base is GOOD ;D!!!!! I agree with participation, but not for all of Union Co & all the Louisiana Parish's. I seen the picture of Arkansas after they won the boot vs LSU. The Louisiana kids posted a photo of them with the boot, and there goes Alan Turner of JC.

nightowl

Just wait one .....ing second you can stop talking about the coaches at Earle. Or I will come back to jc and whoop your ... Bottom line

Dragon I

Stop, you're scaring me mr. Internet tough guy.

cuz

December 08, 2014, 01:51:48 pm #17 Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 03:47:00 pm by cuz
Quote from: birddawg1986 on December 08, 2014, 01:21:49 pm
Once AAA stands up or if all of the 2A schools refuse to play them it will then quit. You don't have 60 kids on a 2A team. Most teams barely field 35 on a good year, and you sure as heck don't have multiple division I football players on one team. JC is good, and would probably win 3A or maybe even 4A. The recruiting base is GOOD ;D!!!!! I agree with participation, but not for all of Union Co & all the Louisiana Parish's. I seen the picture of Arkansas after they won the boot vs LSU. The Louisiana kids posted a photo of them with the boot, and there goes Alan Turner of JC.
birddawg your so far behind JC' s been hearing this crap for years you're a broke record move on. Learn your facts before running your mouth....

nightowl

Quote from: Dragon I on December 08, 2014, 01:45:57 pm
Stop, you're scaring me mr. Internet tough guy.
while meet me...h...

Dragon I

MarionBlueDevil

To be honest, a lot of people don't realize what the Earle staff has to put up with.

Football just isn't a priority in Earle, like it is in hoops. During fall camp, I read a number of times in the paper that they'd have 8-10 players at practice each day. This was a team that everyone knew was going to be very good, yet maybe half of the team would show up.

I can see it both ways: As a coach you need to discipline the kids that don't want to put in the time and effort, but you still have to be able to field a team at the same time.

Coleman did this against Brinkley when he suspended a kid that didn't come to practice all week (the week of Thanksgiving) and he was a very good player and should return next season.

As far as scheme and things like that, Coleman is pretty sharp. He finds roles for the kids that may be somewhat unconventional, and the team generally likes playing for him.

I think the problem in Earle is just that basketball is such a big deal that football is sort of put on the backburner.

nightowl

Quote from: Dragon I on December 08, 2014, 02:04:57 pm
What?
name the place and time ...h... That you what your beaten to happen

Wilson

JC has 60 kids on their roster?. . .where are they hiding them?. . the band ;)

Now.  I got to get back to work on getting my Louisiana recruits schedules straight for their official visits. . plus the Calvary kids pickups and hotel accommodations for parents and school administration this Saturday in Little. Rock ;)

Dragon I

That wasn't any better.  Go find an adult and let them post your message, that way it can be understood by adults.

big E

What some of you have said hits it on the head for a number of delta schools recreational foitball and if you push them they quit which is why nobody from the delta wins state any more everybody wants to be a NBA star.

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: big E on December 08, 2014, 03:51:07 pm
What some of you have said hits it on the head for a number of delta schools recreational foitball and if you push them they quit which is why nobody from the delta wins state any more everybody wants to be a NBA star.

Less of a contact sport and basketball is just bigger in our part of the state.

Just the way I see it though.

Coleman has shown a great ability over the years to adapt as his talent evolves.

Last year, he had two big-time running backs and no quarterback, so he rolled with the single-wing through the playoffs, and found success.

This year, with Bohanon in the mix, his offense was very balanced.

And again, his kids like playing for him, and that goes a long way with high school-aged kids, IMHO.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Wilson on December 08, 2014, 03:32:31 pm
JC has 60 kids on their roster?. . .where are they hiding them?. . the band ;)

Now.  I got to get back to work on getting my Louisiana recruits schedules straight for their official visits. . plus the Calvary kids pickups and hotel accommodations for parents and school administration this Saturday in Little. Rock ;)

Dont forget the cheerleaders.

Dont forget to show up early Saturday for that hooker hunt and grilling. 👯👯👯

Wilson

That's what we called Saturday morning in the French Quarter after we flew the Calvary kids back to NOLA pick

big E

Hey careful my wifes momma was a hooker really her name was hooker.lol

Wilson

As a friend of mine used to say after virtually anything bad that could be said about a woman. . "That don't make her a bad girl though"

big E

Sounds like me and him could ride together.

Mr. Trill

I am from Earle and you're actually right. Earle could only go so far. They always make it to the semis and its over with after that and yes JC would've won regardless.  It's not the coaches, its actually the players. Couldnt explain it., but coaches might could possibly play a role.

Wilson

He's now a Baptist preacher. . .true story E

amehr36

I want to read more mumbo jumbo about this potential fight....

nightowl

Quote from: Dragon I on December 08, 2014, 03:43:55 pm
That wasn't any better.  Go find an adult and let them post your message, that way it can be understood by adults.
will u  be at the rock this week?

Dragon I

Oh yes, wearing purple.  Happy hunting!

cuz

Quote from: Dragon I on December 09, 2014, 05:45:57 am
Dang DI your going to stand out almost as much as Wilson. I myself will option for the grey state championship hoodie.........

Dragon I

Solid choice.  Will it be of the Back 2 Back variety?

OB11

Quote from: Butch_Cassidy on December 08, 2014, 10:31:40 am
You sir are full of $+!#.... Earle coaches work just as hard to prepare these young men to play... So not fielding a kickoff is coaching... you got to be kidding me... these kids have played football since little  league and know the rules of the game and how to play... I know what these coaches deal with on a daily bases.. Just getting these kids to play and be out there for a whole season and a playoff run is remarkable.  Why don't you get off of your Friday night coaching box and see what's done for those kids Saturday  Through Thursday.  And that Prescott game your talking about... YOU DONT KNOW THE HALF OF WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT!!!.. Your just plain olé ignorant.. I can guarantee  you this Earle will be back and they will get over the hump... Don't make assumptions about people and programs you know absolutely  nothing about

First off, if you read my OP, I said I love seeing Earle be successful.  I wish nothing but the best for them and their program.  I just wanted some opinions from people who were fans of the school.  And believe me, I know what the coaches go through to get kids to play and stick with it.  Coaching/Teaching is one of the noblest professions one can undertake.  It is day in and day out one of the toughest jobs to do in my opinion.  With that being said, I chose to go into that profession so you claiming that I am "plain ole ingnorant" just doesn't sit well with me.  I grew up a coaches son and saw everyday what he went through and still chose it as a profession.  I know good and well what coaches go through with kids that don't want to push themselves and be the best that they can be.  I meant nothing hurtful or degrading towards Earle's players or coaches.  So take that for what it's worth.

playmaker04

A lot of kids have a different mindset these days then back when I was in school. You can't discipline kids the same anymore. Parents butt in way to much now. Cross County had problems for years getting kids to participate in off season weight lifting and conditioning. This year they came out with a new attitude about it and the coaches really pushed it. But we still have issues when basketball season rolls around you're always gonna have some that's ready to get the season over with. I think that has a lot to do with coaches nowadays preferring the football players not play basketball and vice versa.

nightowl

see you then red neck and I will whoop your ... Like you stole something

Pit Bull

December 09, 2014, 10:56:34 am #41 Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 11:14:22 am by Pit Bull
Stop Blaming it on Basketball, Earle Basketball will always be good, it was good when we won our only championship and it was good when we competed at War Memorial against McGehee.... Basketball is not to blame.

As a true Earle Fan and Supportor, Earle does have coaches that are dedicated and committed, no doubt this is true, getting over the hump to win a championship is something that a lot of Arkansas Programs could do because really in this state there seems to be the same teams winning championship over and over. Earle's true problem is something that the coaching staff, administration have blatedly overlooked and disregarded for years, and parents have failed to go to war over with the school board about and community members have noticed but won't address. You all will be surprised when I tell you that Earle doesn't have a Junior High Program, I mean some kids dress out, but there is no Junior High Program and they know it, they don't care about it and it has constantly, annually, harshly came back and ripped the Senior High Program over and over in the as. Now say what you want, but you can not really expect to win a championship when your infrastructure at the Junior High Level is non-instructional, negative in motivating future players, and to me flat our dangerous because of lack of basic football knowledge... Until Earle hires a real junior high school coach, they will never, never, ever, ever get over that hump no matter how many athletes come through that program and keep falling into that black hole called the Junior High and then expected to climb out and become great High School Athletes, Bulldog Please.... These teams that win Championships have been together, won pee-wee championships, Junior high championships, and now they are among the elite to compete for a senior high championship. We don't have a junior high football program, so we have to teach junior high level stuff on the senior high level and my hat goes off to Coach Coleman and his staff for craming all of that football into 3 years of senior high football....

amehr36

Quote from: nightowl on December 09, 2014, 10:43:12 am

I'd be willing to bet, after reading your posts, that you are probably infinitely more inclined to steal than Dragon....

dragondad

Quote from: nightowl on December 09, 2014, 10:43:12 am

DI, the problem you'll have with this cat is that you can't hit children....so you'll have to just stand there while he kicks you in the shin. I'm sure he'll have his Mom there as backup.

Someone from Earle calling anyone else a "red-neck"......that's funny right there.

Dragon I

Yeah, I would stoop to name calling, but I don't want the ban hammer. 

Run along simpleton.  It's painfully obvious you can't handle the truth.

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: Pit Bull on December 09, 2014, 10:56:34 am
Stop Blaming it on Basketball, Earle Basketball will always be good, it was good when we won our only championship and it was good when we competed at War Memorial against McGehee.... Basketball is not to blame.

As a true Earle Fan and Supportor, Earle does have coaches that are dedicated and committed, no doubt this is true, getting over the hump to win a championship is something that a lot of Arkansas Programs could do because really in this state there seems to be the same teams winning championship over and over. Earle's true problem is something that the coaching staff, administration have blatedly overlooked and disregarded for years, and parents have failed to go to war over with the school board about and community members have noticed but won't address. You all will be surprised when I tell you that Earle doesn't have a Junior High Program, I mean some kids dress out, but there is no Junior High Program and they know it, they don't care about it and it has constantly, annually, harshly came back and ripped the Senior High Program over and over in the as. Now say what you want, but you can not really expect to win a championship when your infrastructure at the Junior High Level is non-instructional, negative in motivating future players, and to me flat our dangerous because of lack of basic football knowledge... Until Earle hires a real junior high school coach, they will never, never, ever, ever get over that hump no matter how many athletes come through that program and keep falling into that black hole called the Junior High and then expected to climb out and become great High School Athletes, Bulldog Please.... These teams that win Championships have been together, won pee-wee championships, Junior high championships, and now they are among the elite to compete for a senior high championship. We don't have a junior high football program, so we have to teach junior high level stuff on the senior high level and my hat goes off to Coach Coleman and his staff for craming all of that football into 3 years of senior high football....

It's my understanding that there's already been a change in leadership with the junior high team.

FD4

Hey D1, at least ole Nightowl has the right passion about his team.  I say that JC has performed such a dominate season, I'm not too sure they couldn't win all the way up to the 6A level this season, sort of like the 03 group.  What a beast of a group that was.  I sure as heck would like to see yall play Pulaski Academy.  I thought our defense (Wynne) was as good as it gets, but I think now JC is better.  Good luck Saturday ruling Hazen.  Oh, one last question, would you agree that JC would have blanked 8 of the opponents had it not been for the #2's and #3's getting some game time on defense?

Dragon I

All but Earle, and they scored off of an INT.

Pit Bull

Quote from: MarionBlueDevil on December 09, 2014, 01:09:35 pm

It's my understanding that there's already been a change in leadership with the junior high team.

Much needed and long overdue. We have lost a lot of kids through that stage, I hope that the new coach knows how to go in and build those youngsters up, put the kids in the right positions for God sakes, no favorites and just teach the young pups and get them ready to be dogs...

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: Pit Bull on December 09, 2014, 02:17:08 pm
Quote from: MarionBlueDevil on December 09, 2014, 01:09:35 pm

Much needed and long overdue. We have lost a lot of kids through that stage, I hope that the new coach knows how to go in and build those youngsters up, put the kids in the right positions for God sakes, no favorites and just teach the young pups and get them ready to be dogs...

Not a bad job for a young up-and-comer. The administration seems willing to do what it takes to compete, the facilities are not bad for a 2A school at all.

With the youth program that already exists in Earle, if they get coached up in 8th and 9th grade, the Bulldogs could be pretty interesting, if they make the right hire.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas