• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Small school vs Big school

Started by Dragon I, December 07, 2014, 08:12:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JC Guy

Quote from: Outloud on December 15, 2014, 10:33:21 am
Thank you noonericky!! Officials didnt see the block in the back or all the lineman downfield on a 4th down pass either!! We would have been on short side of scoreboard but at least they could have called a championship game a little better than they did( my opinion!!!) AAA is just about the $$$$$$$ any way!!!!!
May want to check the film on that one!

Coach Mac D

Three illegal blocks on punt return for touchdown. Checked film its 110% accurate. The worst call was JC first offensive position where hazen held them to punt and the snap goes over punter head and he runs it down and throws it to a covered tackle for a first down. Two different penalties could have been assigned to the illegal play but they ignored it and didnt even discuss the play. Which means they are clueless or bias. Take your pick. It is a shame.

Dragon I

You're one of two things.  Full of crap, or you hate JC.

Outloud

Video proof that officials assigned by AAA lack proper championship game calling skills!!

Dragon I

Yep. It is ridiculous how the AAA can continue to let it happen.  Sadly, basketball, baseball and softball are often times worse.

dragondad

Because the next level of incompetent officials are making decent money calling college games.

dart

December 16, 2014, 07:03:54 pm #156 Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 07:15:32 pm by dart
Quote from: Dragon I on December 16, 2014, 03:01:55 pm
Or he likes GOOD FOOTBALL not CHEATING.

JC Guy

Quote from: dart on December 16, 2014, 07:03:54 pm
Quote from: Dragon I on December 16, 2014, 03:01:55 pm
Or he likes GOOED FOOTBALL not CHEATING.
And you have the nerves to call someone a retard!

dragondad

JC Guy, he's an avid JC hater. He makes one or two posts in support of a team he may, or may not, root for and then 20 against JC.

Like an old broken record on high speed....all noise, over and over and over......

El Jefe

The only difference in big school vs small school is good quality depth...that's it.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: El Jefe on December 17, 2014, 09:23:35 am
The only difference in big school vs small school is good quality depth...that's it.
Been saying this through the whole thread. Good quality depth and more backbone on your roster.

STUNNA

It's a big difference

footballfan-tastic

Big school vs small school, if all the schools in the state play then generally take the big school and you will win most of them. The small schools that can do well up a level have good programs and usually something else that separates them from the rest of their class.  That is usually numbers, more kids out and more quality athletes to play.  They also often have a large population pool near by to help with the numbers, like private schools or rural schools immediately on the outskirt of a large population area.  If you guys think your small school can compete with 5, 6, 7 A schools, go schedule your first 3 games with the best of those classes and see what happens, year in and year out.  Yes some will win but not most of the time. 

phdefense

Special teams are normally better across the board at the big school level.

beach bum

January 08, 2015, 08:35:33 pm #164 Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 08:40:23 pm by beach bum
That is so true. I have seen some terrible special teams in 2A way too much. Even in 3A and a little in 4A.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on January 08, 2015, 08:35:33 pm
That is so true. I have seen some terrible special teams in 2A way too much. Even in 3A and a little in 4A.

I seen a kicker whiff on a kickoff this year at the 3A level...It was because of the wind blowing the ball over, but was still hilarious...

beach bum

January 08, 2015, 08:59:11 pm #166 Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 09:02:51 pm by beach bum
The problem is you have average joes like me handling  kicking duties at small schools  ....we were the best at losing 28 to 27 due to a missed PAT   :D

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on January 08, 2015, 08:59:11 pm
The problem is you have average joes like me handling  kicking duties at small schools  ....we were the best at losing 28 to 27 due to a missed PAT   :D

Is this you?

beach bum

January 08, 2015, 09:58:05 pm #168 Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 10:00:23 pm by beach bum
Haha.. I am not a fan of the Cowboys but I hope Romo redeems himself this weekend. All the playoff games are great matchups but that one should be the best.

Lions84

JC could play up one or two levels just like Barton could have back in the late 1980's!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas