• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I know its not really AA related. .but i got a bad feeling . . .

Started by Wilson, December 06, 2014, 06:54:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilson

Folks. . hold your family close and your bible closer. . .i know this is hard to believe . . but I just saw Nick Saban smile. . . watch the skies for meteors. . .this could be the end ;)

cuz

Dang Wilson I thought something had done happened, but yeah he smiled with good reason.......... ;D

dragondad

They'll be destroyed in the playoffs, that smile will soon be history.

JC Guy

Watch your mouth now Dragon dad. We love us some Dragons but all of us Junctionites don't pull for the same two teams at the next level that everybody else in the state thinks we do. Wilson landed one from South Alabama remember. So when the rest of the state wants to start the I-20 corridor someone remind them to add I-10 also.

Dragon I

I don't understand the whole lets pull for the SEC mentality.  If it ain't LSU, I don't care.  I hope the rest of em lose every game!

sevenof400

Quote from: Dragon I on December 06, 2014, 07:38:29 pm
I don't understand the whole lets pull for the SEC mentality.  If it ain't LSU, I don't care.  I hope the rest of em lose every game!

RTR!

Wilson

I was just say'n Saban was smiling . . I've never seen it before. . when he won the National Title at LSU he looked as if someone had just farted in his face. . .i seriously think Saban smiling is a sign of the apocalypse. ;)

I got a line on a real hum diger of a running back out of Foley, Alabama . . kids got a lot of potential . . 

Dragon I

Sign him up!  We can put CJ in the slot and use him on jet sweeps.

Wilson

I don't know about the rest of yall. . but I'm looking forward to 3-4 teams with a legit gripe about being the 3rd and 4th team in the playoff and the uproar that's created from the 2 that's left out. .although if Georgia Tech could beat FSU that would really make me happy. . it would shrink the number of teams with a gripe.   i just want Winston to go away

Dragon I

Wilson

Hard to prepare for what Georgia Tech does. . not just the scheme but with the talent level they have on that side of the ball. . when executed right. . that's still a tough offense to stop

mtindian42

Quote from: Wilson on December 06, 2014, 06:54:32 pm
Folks. . hold your family close and your bible closer. . .i know this is hard to believe . . but I just saw Nick Saban smile. . . watch the skies for meteors. . .this could be the end ;)
don't worry...my buckeyes will take that smile off his face in the bowl game... ;D

HorseFeathers

S.ame here....except for Arkansas(even though the guys on the general sports board think I'm an A state fan now cause I questioned the run the Wolves down at every chance mentality, then act like stAte brought it upon theirselves), and to a lesser extent Mizzou(That one dates back to their Big 12 days, and my entire family is from there..)

dragondad

I'm a Razorback first and after that there's no allegiance to anyone in college football.....although I do like them Baylor Bears.

I pulled for FS against Auburn last year, called it and everyone thought I was either crazy or Satan. I don't root for any other SEC team to win anything, it's hard enough for AR to recruit already.

WPWells

mtindian42

FORGET THE SEC!!!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: dragondad on December 06, 2014, 10:01:13 pm
I'm a Razorback first and after that there's no allegiance to anyone in college football.....although I do like them Baylor Bears.

I pulled for FS against Auburn last year, called it and everyone thought I was either crazy or Satan. I don't root for any other SEC team to win anything, it's hard enough for AR to recruit already.

Gotta Ride those Coattails! haha...

Wilson

The only reason anyone could use to root for another team that's in the conference as the team you root for is if you wanted them to make the playoff so there would be a bigger wad of cash to be divided up between all the member schools. . therefore more money for your school you root for. . . but using that excuse is awful thin. . .like onion skin thin ;)

dragondad

I couldn't care less about the money. If they make the playoff, the money is there win or lose. Same with the other bowls. It's a given that a certain number of SEC schools are going to bowls, me rooting for them to lose doesn't change the payout. Even if it did, why would anyone root for a team you compete against for talent and then again on the field. I hope they all lose.

In High school discussion, I'll always root for any team from 8-2A before I root for any other team from another conference.

Dragon I

Man am I glad to see some normal fans around here!  I thought I was the only person in Arkansas cheering against the rest of the SEC.  I wish there was a way the rest could go winless, make a bowl and lose it too!  Forget the money, these institutions have enough.

Wilson

I said its thin. . i only root for my team. . could care less the rest of the time. . though if Mizzu had beat Bama the SEC would have been shut out of the the playoff. . and that would have cost the SEC at a minimum 20 mil. . but.  i really liked to of seen Saban lose . . i wasn't rooting fpr Mizzu to win as much as Bama to lose

big E

VHSCoach2

Razorback fan first and foremost here, but I do often pick the other SEC teams to win their Bowl Games in my Pick'em League. I don't necessarily root for them, but if they have a favorable match-up in a Bowl Game that will give me a seemingly easy correct pick, I'll pick them.

gatecrasher

People think I'm an SEC homer, but the reality is, in 2011, after the SEC monopolized the ncg (LSU and Bama were the clear two best that year; anyone that argued that point was just an idiot), factions of Ok State fans got truly upset because they thought they should have been there.
The anti-SEC truly upset ensued in earnest then and it's been that way ever since.

Truly, I could care less who wins most years. I just love trolling the SEC haters. Those folks are delusional.

This year, I just don't want Felon State University to win it. I want them to get embarrassed to the point where their whiny arse fans ("why ain't we #1?") can't say anything at all.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: gatecrasher on December 07, 2014, 11:13:09 am
People think I'm an SEC homer, but the reality is, in 2011, after the SEC monopolized the ncg (LSU and Bama were the clear two best that year; anyone that argued that point was just an idiot), factions of Ok State fans got truly upset because they thought they should have been there.
The anti-SEC truly upset ensued in earnest then and it's been that way ever since.

Truly, I could care less who wins most years. I just love trolling the SEC haters. Those folks are delusional.

This year, I just don't want Felon State University to win it. I want them to get embarrassed to the point where their whiny arse fans ("why ain't we #1?") can't say anything at all.

THIS...I think the majority of folks I know feel the same way...

RiverEagle079

Soooo since we have a college topic ARKANSAS VS TEXAS IN THE TEXAS BOWL GO HOGS!!!!

Wilson

This isn't going to make Arkansas fans happy when i say this. .and its not even a prediction . . this game is only happening because Texas refused to play A&M. . now maybe A&M didn't want to play Texas also. .but my friend in Austin (who isn't happy about not playing A&M) says it was the UT administration acting on the behalf of the UT boosters . .so they refused

Outloud

Paper says 6 players didnt get to play for la tech against marshall because academical ineligeble. Where were those 6 players from? Does anybody know?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Wilson on December 07, 2014, 05:44:37 pm
This isn't going to make Arkansas fans happy when i say this. .and its not even a prediction . . this game is only happening because Texas refused to play A&M. . now maybe A&M didn't want to play Texas also. .but my friend in Austin (who isn't happy about not playing A&M) says it was the UT administration acting on the behalf of the UT boosters . .so they refused

Not a suprise...I know a lot of the old timers will be about to mess themselves at the "excitement" of playing Texas...But I don't see why anymore...Our SWC days ended when i was 2 so maybe that's it

bleudog

Quote from: Outloud on December 07, 2014, 06:09:50 pm
Paper says 6 players didnt get to play for la tech against marshall because academical ineligeble. Where were those 6 players from? Does anybody know?

Most were seniors who came by way of the junior college route.  Five were starters.

67   Tre Carter      6-1   308   OL   SR        1L   Buena Vista, Ga. (Georgia Military College)

74   Mitchell Bell   6-3   354   OL   RS SR   1L   Houston, Texas (Navarro JC)

98   Aaron Brown   6-1   270   DL   RS SO   SQ   Carrollton, Texas (Creekview HS)

42   Tony Johnson   6-2   254   LB   SR        1L   Sulligent, Ala. (Southwest Mississippi JC)

31   Terrell Pinson   6-2   210   LB   SR        1L   Tupelo, Miss. (Itawamba CC)

26   Tevin King       5-7   160   WR   RS SO   1L   Moultrie, Ga. (Colquitt County HS)

http://www.latechsports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/latc-m-footbl-mtt.html

Tech is on a quarter system (three academic periods in a standard school year rather than a semester school's two).  That means final grades for the fall QUARTER were available at the end of November rather than in January like a semester based school would have been. No excuse, it just that due to timing, when it happens in a semester based school, the championship and bowl games are usually over.

Wilson

And that the rivalry was one sided. . in that Arkansas called it a blood rivalry. . where UT had it 4th or 5th down their list with A&M and 0U being 1 & 2 . . and depending on what year it was SMU and Houston fighting for 3& 4 . . . .Arkansas has just had the bad luck of not having a natural rival. . but hey. . if reliving the old SWC days makes them feel good . . go for it. .after the last few years they deserve some good vibes ;)

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Wilson on December 07, 2014, 06:48:57 pm
And that the rivalry was one sided. . in that Arkansas called it a blood rivalry. . where UT had it 4th or 5th down their list with A&M and 0U being 1 & 2 . . and depending on what year it was SMU and Houston fighting for 3& 4 . . . .Arkansas has just had the bad luck of not having a natural rival. . but hey. . if reliving the old SWC days makes them feel good . . go for it. .after the last few years they deserve some good vibes ;)

They have a natural rivalry....But most are to arrogant to even consider playing stAte

Wilson

Nailed it. . i don't understand that myself . . especially in todays economy . . keep that money in state. . LSU has tried to play an in state school or 2 most years since about 2002.   Its good for the state and it helps the bottom line for schools that don't have an SEC slush fund helping their economic well being

bleudog

Quote from: Wilson on December 07, 2014, 07:00:40 pm
Nailed it. . i don't understand that myself . . especially in todays economy . . keep that money in state. . LSU has tried to play an in state school or 2 most years since about 2002.   Its good for the state and it helps the bottom line for schools that don't have an SEC slush fund helping their economic well being

and that took a baseball guy getting the AD job.

Wilson

Saban had wanted it to.   but if not for Skip your right. . it might not of happened.   especially if Dean had stayed

cuz

ULM certainly did a number on the sec mentality of we can beat anyone. Alabama and Arkansas were schooled by that little school. I think those smaller schools are creating the programs to play with the big boys and some are definitely getting the recruiting done........

mtindian42

Quote from: mtindian42 on December 06, 2014, 08:57:25 pm
don't worry...my buckeyes will take that smile off his face in the bowl game... ;D
TOLD YA SO...FORGET THE SEC. GO BUCKS......................................!

dragondad

Quote from: mtindian42 on January 01, 2015, 11:47:34 pm

Enjoy your 15 min of fame because Mariota and the Mighty Ducks are going to run circles around those Muckeyes!

The_Devil_Himself

Classic.

Dragon I

THA TRUTH

That's sec mentality is the same mentality as the one u had when u pulled for smackover in the state title game

dragondad

I was rooting for Smackover.....but I'll never root for LSU. Never!!!

mtindian42

I will enjoy it...it was a big win for us and the big ten. the ducks will be tough no doubt...

mtindian42

Quote from: dragondad on January 02, 2015, 10:46:09 pm
Quote from: mtindian42 on January 01, 2015, 11:47:34 pm

Enjoy your 15 min of fame because Mariota and the Mighty Ducks are going to run circles around those Muckeyes!
lol they sure did...bucks 42 ducks 20 and we will be back next year...move over sec. the big ten and THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES!!! ARE KING ONCE AGAIN...

dragondad

Beardad

And FSU and the ACC were king last year.....whoopty freakin doo.

After a decade of the most impressive run by a conference in the modern college football era, it's about time

mtindian42

Your right it is about time but, the buckeyes are just geting started...  ;D

cav2012

Quote from: mtindian42 on January 17, 2015, 07:23:31 pm
  Your right it is about time but, the buckeyes are just geting started...  ;D
i have to agree. I would put money down the Buckeyes will repeat as champs. With arguably the best coach in college football and with who they have returning, they will be salty to say the least. Tcu also could "sneak" in there

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas