• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Earle @ JC

Started by dragonpastor, November 28, 2014, 09:38:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mtindian42

Dogg

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 29, 2014, 12:16:43 pm
Quote from: Wilson on November 29, 2014, 12:13:58 pm
Nah. . JC doesn't like Bearden. . Earle is just in the way. . nothing more. . nothing less

I wonder will Earle attempt to play keep away like des arc did last night, i think thats the only way to beat them, as long as you score EVERYTIME you get the ball.
Don't you have kids to pick up from BB Practice?

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: NEark tigers on November 29, 2014, 09:25:24 am
Quote from: dragonpastor on November 28, 2014, 11:00:37 pm
Quote from: dragondad on November 28, 2014, 10:19:43 pm
Quote from: nightowl on November 28, 2014, 10:16:22 pm
Well well it's  time for Earle to hand jc another loss. If I. Remember  correctly it was Earle that beat JC last

That's was two years ago...the year prior to JC steam-rolling Earle. Yes, Earle was the last team to beat JC but that was a long long time ago.

JC by 42

not only was it along time ago, the win was a sham. Been pouring rain all night, delay after delay and then right after earle goes up they decide to call the game... JC will mercy rule them.

I was at that game in 2012, and last I remembered, Earle played in the rain also......

They did complete the game and Junction City, North Louisiana lost the game. And about mercy rule the Bulldog Nation, we not Hampton, Bearden, or Parkers Chapel. The Bulldogs will come to play.

WRONG!!!

Junction was the only team in the rain that day. On Earle's side of the field it was sunny and 75.  Bulldogs did 'em wrong and there's all there is to it.

green-eagle

I don 't know if Carpenter stopped it or not, but the crowd expected it!

At time JC wasn't quite polished, Dancy broke on a run that was called back due to holding.. Dancy was face planted, Dancy wanted that TD so getting tackled hurt!!! the holding wasnt quite a holding since the JC kid popped up with a fist, and the ref quickly pulled him to the side....

Again Earle 's back are better then DA... And if Earle has a passing game, this may be interesting... I may gave to attend again, since it will only be an 20 minute drive !!

Dragon I

Will all of y'all get over a game that happened over 2 years ago.

bdubyab60

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 29, 2014, 12:57:04 pm
Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 29, 2014, 12:53:26 pm
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 29, 2014, 12:50:21 pm
Quote from: leedog95 on November 29, 2014, 12:43:05 pm
All I know is Earle is still playing and DA is setting home and the their fans are talking a bunch of crap.....I bet those DA kids and coaches have nightmares about dragons two games 104 to 0...lol!!!!!!

With the road through the bracket Earle has had, they should still be playing. You just got lucky with how the bracket was made, your team will play one more week than mine. Just so you know, there is no trophy for making it to the semis.
So DA didn't benefit from the bracket?

Come on bdub, stop the 3-2A homerism and look who Earle played in the playoffs, the 5 from the 8, the 3 from the 5 and the 4 from the 6. Yea i will say thats a benifit.

The benefit im referring to is WHEN you play j.c. thats when everbodys season ends. So dont try it, but to be honest i will take des arc against anybody other than j.c. and like my chances. The only good teams that Earle played this year beat them, so they have nothing to hang their hat on YET.
All I'm saying is DAs draw was just as good up until JC. I mean you beat 2 teams from conferences that you have been dogging out for weeks now. Nothing in the regular season matters now.

cuz

Quote from: green-eagle on November 29, 2014, 01:53:48 pm
I don 't know if Carpenter stopped it or not, but the crowd expected it!

At time JC wasn't quite polished, Dancy broke on a run that was called back due to holding.. Dancy was face planted, Dancy wanted that TD so getting tackled hurt!!! the holding wasnt quite a holding since the JC kid popped up with a fist, and the ref quickly pulled him to the side....

Again Earle 's back are better then DA... And if Earle has a passing game, this may be interesting... I may gave to attend again, since it will only be an 20 minute drive !!
Well soon as JC took possession, Carpenter took his head phones off and started getting ready to head in for the Half. Since you were there you should of noticed how many miscues JC had on the snaps. They had over 100 yds in penalties and haven't played that bad since against Smackover. If Earle had a passing game we would of heard about it by now, so I doubt they'll implement one this week.....

Dragon I

Junction proved they can play as flat and careless as possible and still win last night.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Dogg on November 29, 2014, 01:48:01 pm
Nah. . JC doesn't like Bearden. . Earle is just in the way. . nothing more. . nothing less

I wonder will Earle attempt to play keep away like des arc did last night, i think thats the only way to beat them, as long as you score EVERYTIME you get the ball.

Nope sure dont, try again. Actually one of my kids is still playing football, come to pulaski academy next weekend and watch him play in a 8 and under PeeWee football tournament. So i will be involved in football longer than you and earle.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Dragon I on November 29, 2014, 02:14:24 pm
Junction proved they can play as flat and careless as possible and still win last night.

I think des arc shocked them by taking the air out of everything.

Dogg

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 29, 2014, 02:38:30 pm

Nope sure dont, try again. Actually one of my kids is still playing football, come to pulaski academy next weekend and watch him play in a 8 and under PeeWee football tournament. So i will be involved in football longer than you and earle.
after reading your post, I'll past because if he's a chip off the old block that means hes a sore looser and whiner like his old man.

Wilson

November 29, 2014, 02:58:16 pm #111 Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 03:00:06 pm by Wilson
That's the strategy Rison used to beat Shiloh in the state finals back in 2000 (think it was 2000 at least) . . the difference is that Rison had the horses to grind it out and score some points. .and they wanted to keep it out of Lashlees hands to throw off their passing rhythm . . JC doesn't rely on a passing game to throw its rhythm off though. .they can run fast break on the ground. . so. . keeping it out of their hands like Rison did to Shiloh really is a bit of a head scratcher. . if your plan was to hold JC under 50 . .well. . mission accomplished . . i would think that the mission was to win the game though

nightowl

History will repeat itself like it was two years ago

Earle wins this one by as many as they like  . Long live J C

bdubyab60

I don't think the object is just to run clock. The object is to limit possessions, but you have to score. I think that's what DA was trying to do. It's hard to take a lot if chances against JC. You have to do that too but when DA did it turned in to 6 the other way.

Can Earle control the clock, get some shots here and there, then score without turning the ball over

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Dogg on November 29, 2014, 02:54:54 pm
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 29, 2014, 02:38:30 pm

after reading your post, I'll past because if he's a chip off the old block that means hes a sore looser and whiner like his old man.

Who is whining or being a sore loser? I haven't said one bad thing about j.c. or any of des arcs losses, not even the 60 - 0 spanking in the title game last year. The problem you have with me is, that you know what im saying is TRUE and is going to happen and there is nothing you can do about it. Your pride is getting in the way of your intelligence, well maybe not seeing how you lack any kind of reading comprehension.

Maybe you really should come watch the PeeWee games, maybe i can get my 11 year old to tutor you while the 8 year old plays.

Now run along and find someone else to try to talk crap to, because you are failing miserably trying to do it to me.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 29, 2014, 03:14:24 pm
I don't think the object is just to run clock. The object is to limit possessions, but you have to score. I think that's what DA was trying to do. It's hard to take a lot if chances against JC. You have to do that too but when DA did it turned in to 6 the other way.

Can Earle control the clock, get some shots here and there, then score without turning the ball over

Yea im sure des arc wanted to score, but it didn't work out.

Wilson

Most ground based offenses aren't quick strike. .JC's is. . so if your trying to bleed the clock hoping to have a low scoring quick game. . it won't happen . .unless you have the kids on defense to make JC grind it out. . if your just bleeding the clock 4 plays at a time and jc still scores relatively quickly your game plan is a total bust. . and like i said. .a passing attack like Shilohs can be thrown off if they sit idle on the sidelines for long stretches while the other teams grinds out long scoring drives. .not so much a running attack. . plus. . you have to hang onto the ball and score. .which DA couldn't do. . I'm not sure what your game plan should be against a defense like JC other than stick with what you do best and what got you there and hope JC shoots itself in the foot repeatedly . .

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Wilson on November 29, 2014, 03:58:53 pm
Most ground based offenses aren't quick strike. .JC's is. . so if your trying to bleed the clock hoping to have a low scoring quick game. . it won't happen . .unless you have the kids on defense to make JC grind it out. . if your just bleeding the clock 4 plays at a time and jc still scores relatively quickly your game plan is a total bust. . and like i said. .a passing attack like Shilohs can be thrown off if they sit idle on the sidelines for long stretches while the other teams grinds out long scoring drives. .not so much a running attack. . plus. . you have to hang onto the ball and score. .which DA couldn't do. . I'm not sure what your game plan should be against a defense like JC other than stick with what you do best and what got you there and hope JC shoots itself in the foot repeatedly . .

I would say des arc stuck with what got them there. I think we only passed it twice in the previous 2 games.

cuz

I agree Wilson, didn't think it out like that. DA did hold JC to the lowest scoring 1st quarter of the year, I think. They did succeed in throwing off the passing game. Holyfield had the worse game he's had all year. DA just didn't have the horses to score. They ran consistently up the middle but just couldn't bust the big play...........

mtindian42

+1 don't play scared...just play...

dragondad

Ha, Earle fans keep talking about the game from two years ago but none of them mention last years Earle/JC game.   What was the score of that game??  This years JC team, especially the defense, is better than either of the last two years teams.  It's going to be a great game, and a tough one for both teams.  It's also going to be a long week of smack talk and anticipation.

mtindian42

Quote from: dragondad on November 29, 2014, 04:05:48 pm
Ha, Earle fans keep talking about the game from two years ago but none of them mention last years Earle/JC game.   What was the score of that game??  This years JC team, especially the defense, is better than either of the last two years teams.  It's going to be a great game, and a tough one for both teams.  It's also going to be a long week of smack talk and anticipation.
bohana makes Earle go...there a whole different team with this kid...he can beat you with his arm and his legs...

dragondad#1

I think mtindian42 wants to see JC beat...I even think you have picked the Dragons to lose a couple times now.. I LOVE IT...LOL

Dragon I

Hopefully you were more successful.  It just kills me how these schools are so one dimensional and expect to do the same thing to everyone.  You can do it to the teams you should beat.  I guess if you're satisfied going 10-2 with continual losses to teams that can do both, stay with it.  I think that's what made CC switch.  He still loves the power run, but look at what his backs can do now that teams can't stack the box.  I hate it for the kids.  They beat up on teams they should beat, finally get put in a position where they need to be able to throw and can't.  Let the kids practice it against the teams they should beat, then they won't be in shock when they need to do it in the semis.  If you've thrown the ball less than thirty times all year, don't expect the kids to perform miracles late in the year when the run is getting shut down, against the best competition they've faced.

mtindian42

:D got me...Earle has the horses... and there coaches want keep them in the stall...when is the last time jc had to cover the whole field? just curious...every one that has played them has tried to run right at them...Earle going to make yawls coaches have to earn there pay checks... ;D by actually coaching...

cuz

Quote from: Dragon I on November 29, 2014, 04:18:24 pm
Hopefully you were more successful.  It just kills me how these schools are so one dimensional and expect to do the same thing to everyone.  You can do it to the teams you should beat.  I guess if you're satisfied going 10-2 with continual losses to teams that can do both, stay with it.  I think that's what made CC switch.  He still loves the power run, but look at what his backs can do now that teams can't stack the box.  I hate it for the kids.  They beat up on teams they should beat, finally get put in a position where they need to be able to throw and can't.  Let the kids practice it against the teams they should beat, then they won't be in shock when they need to do it in the semis.  If you've thrown the ball less than thirty times all year, don't expect the kids to perform miracles late in the year when the run is getting shut down, against the best competition they've faced.
That sums it up in a nutshell............ ;D

cuz

Quote from: mtindian42 on November 29, 2014, 04:23:21 pm
:D got me...Earle has the horses... and there coaches want keep them in the stall...when is the last time jc had to cover the whole field? just curious...every one that has played them has tried to run right at them...Earle going to make yawls coaches have to earn there pay checks... ;D by actually coaching...
Earle's got a coach? Shetlands don't count.............

mtindian42

it might SNOW I agree with this 100 percent...great post...+1

bdubyab60

Quote from: cuz on November 29, 2014, 04:25:17 pm
You also have to have the personnel to be able throw the ball. Yeah you should mix the pass in more but some teams just don't have. It's a luxury that JC has.

The G Gaint

J.C hasn't seen a offense with so many skill players since Smackover, J.C have played a dual threat at QB this year twice in young from Bearden but J.C had a lot of speed to contain him .A 6'4 225 QB that can run an pass is scary last year ricks ran for over 200+ an he was 250# Earl got just as much speed as J.C so its going to be interesting

mtindian42

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 29, 2014, 04:44:31 pm
You also have to have the personnel to be able throw the ball. Yeah you should mix the pass in more but some teams just don't have. It's a luxury that JC has.
I agree with this as well...but practice would tell your coach what routes his QB could throw...and if anything else throw it to keep the d honest...heck he is bound to hit a couple every now and then...but he cant if you don't at least try...

mtindian42

Quote from: The G Gaint on November 29, 2014, 04:48:27 pm
J.C hasn't seen a offense with so many skill players since Smackover, J.C have played a dual threat at QB this year twice in young from Bearden but J.C had a lot of speed to contain him .A 6'4 225 QB that can run an pass is scary last year ricks ran for over 200+ an he was 250# Earl got just as much speed as J.C so its going to be interesting
+1 great post...

dragondad#1

Earle does have some horses but, both times they played a good hitting team they lost...JC loves to hit n that big kid will be hit from start to finish...Also can they stop ALL JC s weapons...remember JC played and beat a pretty balanced Smackover team with D1 commits...js

cuz

For years all you heard at JC was throw the ball, the response, we don't have anyone to catch it. The solution
you practice it, they'll start catching it. Earle with all that bragging on B-ball should have several players with good hands.....

mtindian42

November 29, 2014, 05:03:26 pm #134 Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 05:05:16 pm by mtindian42
Quote from: dragondad#1 on November 29, 2014, 04:59:19 pm
Earle does have some horses but, both times they played a good hitting team they lost...JC loves to hit n that big kid will be hit from start to finish...Also can they stop ALL JC s weapons...remember JC played and beat a pretty balanced Smackover team with D1 commits...js
g gaints post sums it all up...

Dragon I

I know him.  He's just trying to stir the pot.

cuz

Quote from: mtindian42 on November 29, 2014, 05:03:26 pm
The outcome will be the same as the last time Earle played JC, no different. If they have so much speed and talent how come they lost to Hazen, who barely beat Rison, who JC mercy ruled. Don't give me it was the first game of the year, Smackover was JC's first game and we know how that turned out...........

mtindian42

lol I don't know how that will stir the pot...

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: cuz on November 29, 2014, 05:09:01 pm
The outcome will be the same as the last time Earle played JC, no different. If they have so much speed and talent how come they lost to Hazen, who barely beat Rison, who JC mercy ruled. Don't give me it was the first game of the year, Smackover was JC's first game and we know how that turned out...........

Hazen did have 3 tds called back for penalties. Could have been legit, i dont know.

mtindian42

why did Earle lose to epc? but then destroy cross county? idk why Earle is that way they just are...but one thing is for sure about Earle the bigger the game...they ALL in...

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: mtindian42 on November 29, 2014, 05:22:11 pm
why did Earle lose to epc? but then destroy cross county? idk why Earle is that way they just are...but one thing is for sure about Earle the bigger the game...they ALL in...

Hold on, so you are saying the epc game wasnt a BIG game?

mtindian42

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 29, 2014, 05:23:08 pm

NOPE just saying what ever reason earle didn't bring its a game...im sure epc had something to do with that...they are allways tuff at home...so I wanted to go see just how for real this cross county team was...but what I seen was and buzz saw run threw them like they wasn't nothing...that buzz saw WAS EARLE...

cuz

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 29, 2014, 05:21:50 pm

Hazen did have 3 tds called back for penalties. Could have been legit, i dont know.
Come on pick it was 9-8 at the half, opening of the second half Rison scores a TD and it's called back....Maybe that choke factor y'all always talking about kicked in is why it took a whole game to knock them off........

cuz

Quote from: mtindian42 on November 29, 2014, 05:30:24 pm
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 29, 2014, 05:23:08 pm

NOPE just saying what ever reason earle didn't bring its a game...im sure epc had something to do with that...they are allways tuff at home...so I wanted to go see just how for real this cross county team was...but what I seen was and buzz saw run threw them like they wasn't nothing...that buzz saw WAS EARLE...
I guess against Hazen and EPC, they were just a hand saw? The bigger the game the better JC plays......

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: cuz on November 29, 2014, 05:31:35 pm

Come on pick it was 9-8 at the half, opening of the second half Rison scores a TD and it's called back....Maybe that choke factor y'all always talking about kicked in is why it took a whole game to knock them off........

Yea, im surprised it hasnt kicked in yet, i guess there is always this week.

bdubyab60

Quote from: cuz on November 29, 2014, 05:02:47 pm
For years all you heard at JC was throw the ball, the response, we don't have anyone to catch it. The solution
you practice it, they'll start catching it. Earle with all that bragging on B-ball should have several players with good hands.....
You can practice it all you want. If you don't have the athletes to get open what does it matter. Like I said, some teams don't have that luxury.

cuz

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 29, 2014, 05:37:47 pm
Quote from: cuz on November 29, 2014, 05:31:35 pm

Yea, im surprised it hasnt kicked in yet, i guess there is always this week.
Yeah could be 2011 all over..........lol

cuz

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 29, 2014, 05:42:20 pm
Quote from: cuz on November 29, 2014, 05:02:47 pm
You can practice it all you want. If you don't have the athletes to get open what does it matter. Like I said, some teams don't have that luxury.
Well according to all these Earle fans, they are just as fast and just as athletic as JC so what's the difference.....???

cav2012

A win is a win, whether by 8 or 60. If we play like we did friday against mccrory we will get beat.

cav2012

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas