• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Black Friday (Des Arc @ JC)

Started by Dragon I, November 21, 2014, 09:59:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragon I

Come on Pick.  Injuries happen. 

cuz

Quote from: FootballDude02 on November 22, 2014, 04:46:28 pm
Quote from: Dragon I on November 22, 2014, 04:34:32 pm
Pick, you watched it in person last year.  You know there is a difference between having a fast kid or two, and having true team speed.  I'm not saying Des Arc and Hazen haven't played a fast kid every now and then.  I know they have.  Team speed at every level is the only thing that has exposed Des Arc in the last few years.  I personally don't think this Hazen team is as good as last years Carlisle, Des Arc or Gurdon, and they'll see soon enough.
All I'm saying is, speed is judged differently pending on what it's compared too...me running is fast compared to you walking, you driving is fast compared to me running, me flying is fast compared to your driving, and teams look real fast compared to other teams that have no speed at all. And honestly, Des Arc last year didn't have speed so yes JC looked hella fast to them. Last years DA team had no chance to "break the big one", but this years team posses the capability. Again, just one mans opinion.
Your opinion is about to change, and so is your perception of speed...........

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: cuz on November 22, 2014, 05:40:09 pm
Pick, you watched it in person last year.  You know there is a difference between having a fast kid or two, and having true team speed.  I'm not saying Des Arc and Hazen haven't played a fast kid every now and then.  I know they have.  Team speed at every level is the only thing that has exposed Des Arc in the last few years.  I personally don't think this Hazen team is as good as last years Carlisle, Des Arc or Gurdon, and they'll see soon enough.
All I'm saying is, speed is judged differently pending on what it's compared too...me running is fast compared to you walking, you driving is fast compared to me running, me flying is fast compared to your driving, and teams look real fast compared to other teams that have no speed at all. And honestly, Des Arc last year didn't have speed so yes JC looked hella fast to them. Last years DA team had no chance to "break the big one", but this years team posses the capability. Again, just one mans opinion.

Not so fast cuz, i just got a new job. I am now the official field maintenance head honcho at j.c., i just turned on the sprinklers and they will remain on until 15 minutes before game time. We will play in the mud Friday night.

cuz

Matthew Freeman is the slowest person in the secondary and he's no slouch. He's the second leading tackler and is only a junior........
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3082278/matthew-freeman

cuz

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 22, 2014, 05:43:33 pm
Quote from: cuz on November 22, 2014, 05:40:09 pm

Not so fast cuz, i just got a new job. I am now the official field maintenance head honcho at j.c., i just turned on the sprinklers and they will remain on until 15 minutes before game time. We will play in the mud Friday night.
I guest you didn't get the memo pick, any form of h2o on the field the game will move to El dorado's Memorial stadium.......... ;D

bleudog

November 22, 2014, 06:03:43 pm #55 Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 06:07:57 pm by bleudog
El Deaux is on the road so Dragon's-Lair-a-little-north should be available and would make the guests' travel time shorter.  :-)

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: bleudog on November 22, 2014, 06:03:43 pm
El Deaux is on the road so Dragon's-Lair-a-little-north should be available and would make the guests' travel time shorter.  :-)

Y'all should just come to des arc

cuz

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 22, 2014, 06:09:05 pm

Y'all should just come to des arc
Come on down pick, I'll put you up and you can rest after the game.....

Ric Flair

I don't know Bleu the last time in El Deaux was a little close for comfort. Lol
I know JC will most likely win but Des Arc is going to play hard, I will promise you that.
Harding lost in the D2 playoffs so I am a High School fan again. Probably head over to Hazen
and watch Hazen/Rison game. See if 6-2A can eliminate Rison two years in a row.
Taylor Mason may be a Harding Bison next year.

jucker

Get on that bus and go down there and play as hard as you can and if you lose you can still keep your head up and say we had a great year. Lets face it JC could probable win the 4a this year.

bleudog

November 22, 2014, 07:13:54 pm #60 Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 07:42:31 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Ric Flair on November 22, 2014, 06:21:54 pm

I don't know Bleu the last time in El Deaux was a little close for comfort. Lol
I know JC will most likely win but Des Arc is going to play hard, I will promise you that.
Harding lost in the D2 playoffs so I am a High School fan again. Probably head over to Hazen
and watch Hazen/Rison game. See if 6-2A can eliminate Rison two years in a row.
Taylor Mason may be a Harding Bison next year.

It was a good game.  Just like semi-finals should be. 

I would guess that makes the Dragons 1-0 in Dragon's Lair a little north.  Heck that a better record than the 5-1 they have in Dragon's Lair north.  You know, up there by that zoo and golf course.

Sorry to hear about Harding.  I hadn't paid real close attention, but sounded like they had a power house this year.  Maybe they'll be just a tad bit better next year. For more reasons than one. ;)

elvis26

;D junction city will make it 38 in a row this week!!!!!!!!!!!!

amehr36

I think it'll be close to the same score as last year.

cav2012

DA in a shocker!!!!!!! JC wins 36-6  ;D

green-eagle

Quote from: jucker on November 22, 2014, 06:40:13 pm
Get on that bus and go down there and play as hard as you can and if you lose you can still keep your head up and say we had a great year. Lets face it JC could probable win the 4a this year.

Sorry JC maybe good but to win the 4A .... Nope! Wont happen!

RiverEagle079

closer game than any other team this year JC by 21

2a_dog

Quote from: cuz on November 22, 2014, 05:50:39 pm
Matthew Freeman is the slowest person in the secondary and he's no slouch. He's the second leading tackler and is only a junior........
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3082278/matthew-freeman
does he have what it takes to play at the next level ya think???

big E

Des arc could keep it close for a while but Jc's speed pulls away in the end 42-6 Dragons.

cuz

November 23, 2014, 09:39:09 am #68 Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 03:33:09 pm by cuz
Quote from: FootballDude02 on November 22, 2014, 04:15:20 pm
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 22, 2014, 03:40:47 pm
Quote from: GusBrown on November 22, 2014, 03:31:11 pm
When Des arc plays speed they get exposed. JC by whatever

True, but des arc handled Mccrorys speed, Gurdon did not. So im guessing when Gurdon gets to see real speed and power, they got exposed as well.
I hate to be the honest one (not really), but I don't think speed "exposes" Des Arc.They have seen speed and power teams all season...every team that faces a 6 2A squad, posters claim have the greatest speed in the state, and it's proven not to be so true. Most peoples judgement of speed is very weird to me lol. Everything/everybody looks fast when you yourself can't run. The only challenge is whether DA will be mentally ready, and I can see them being so. This DA team is way more mentally tough than past years! And they have better team speed. Just one mans opinion lol
Junction City Speed..........                                                 40 yd. time
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1688191/javontay-rogers             4.50
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3082278/matthew-freeman          4.77
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1627334/jaqwis-dancy                 4.38
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1688094/joshua-armstrong          4.40
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1688126/keandre-evans               4.39
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1922092/randal holyfield              4.60         
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1688277/madison-matthews         4.80
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3082289/seandarrous-levingston   4.50
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3288057/akeem-gibson                 4.46
Secondary and Backfield....

cuz

November 23, 2014, 09:41:16 am #69 Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 10:07:50 am by cuz
Quote from: FootballDude02 on November 22, 2014, 04:15:20 pm
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 22, 2014, 03:40:47 pm
Quote from: GusBrown on November 22, 2014, 03:31:11 pm
When Des arc plays speed they get exposed. JC by whatever

True, but des arc handled Mccrorys speed, Gurdon did not. So im guessing when Gurdon gets to see real speed and power, they got exposed as well.
I hate to be the honest one (not really), but I don't think speed "exposes" Des Arc. They have seen speed and power teams all season...every team that faces a 6 2A squad, posters claim have the greatest speed in the state, and it's proven not to be so true. Most peoples judgement of speed is very weird to me lol. Everything/everybody looks fast when you yourself can't run. The only challenge is whether DA will be mentally ready, and I can see them being so. This DA team is way more mentally tough than past years! And they have better team speed. Just one mans opinion lol
Lineman
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1688251/taylor-mason
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3082330/blake mclelland
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1688173/jamario-bell

fbisgreat

green-eagle

this is Des Arc's second trip to union county, but first trip to Junction City....Des Arc does not have the pressure like they had last Dec..... so let's play!

Wilson! are you going to attend this game or playing it safe attending those Louisiana playoff games....

Wilson

I plan on being at this one. . i was supposed to go to the Bearden game but had a issue and couldn't make it. . but the smart money is on me being there Friday night

dragondad#1

Are we gonna have a FF meet n greet?

bloodsweattears33

Earle is going to be the team that beats the dragons!

Wilson

Dragon I

To any of the DA fans, who are your studs this year?  Last year we heard about Holloway and Spencer.  Haven't heard much this year about who is toting the load.

jac12_06

Quote from: green-eagle on November 22, 2014, 09:27:44 pm

JC could win the 3A or the 4A without any problems.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Dragon I on November 24, 2014, 03:24:14 pm
To any of the DA fans, who are your studs this year?  Last year we heard about Holloway and Spencer.  Haven't heard much this year about who is toting the load.

Its a team effort.

green-eagle

Quote from: jac12_06 on November 24, 2014, 03:31:38 pm
Quote from: green-eagle on November 22, 2014, 09:27:44 pm

JC could win the 3A or the 4A without any problems.

I'm sorry but 4A?  nope! again won't happen!

RiverEagle079

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 24, 2014, 03:52:24 pm
Quote from: Dragon I on November 24, 2014, 03:24:14 pm

Its a team effort.

Really there is not one specific person to key on

BrianfromCarlisle

4a #1 Dardanelle has 43 on their roster. 
Junction city has about the same if you take away 9th graders.  Junction city has 2 D1 players that are seniors. Possibly other d1 players that are underclassmen. I wouldn't say no way possible.

cuz

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on November 24, 2014, 04:47:35 pm
Junction city has about the same if you take away 9th graders.  Junction city has 2 D1 players that are seniors. Possibly other d1 players that are underclassmen. I wouldn't say no way possible.
Right you are Brian, 37 during the regular season and 51 with the freshman, who I might add have played really well during the playoffs............

Dragon I

Ole Hootie went with JC by 45.  No, that is not a typo.  45.

BrianfromCarlisle

I just firmly believe that there is something to be said for having d1 talent on your team. Regardless of depth.  I don't believe they could go higher and realistically win a title, but up to 4a they are top 5 no question

cuz

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on November 24, 2014, 07:18:03 pm
I just firmly believe that there is something to be said for having d1 talent on your team. Regardless of depth.  I don't believe they could go higher and realistically win a title, but up to 4a they are top 5 no question
Thanks Brian, this is a special team. The 03, 08, 09, 12, and 13 where great teams also, but I think this one compares  to the 03 team and could possibly be better..........

bleudog

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on November 24, 2014, 07:18:03 pm

FWIW, Calpreps agrees:

1   Dardanelle    4A Region 4   4A    40.00
2   Nashville   4A Region 7   4A    32.10
3   Warren   4A Region 8   4A    30.30
4   Arkadelphia    4A Region 7   4A    28.80
5   Junction City    2A Region 8   2A    26.90
6   Malvern    4A Region 7   4A    26.30

green-eagle

Quote from: cuz on November 24, 2014, 05:55:00 pm
Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on November 24, 2014, 04:47:35 pm
Right you are Brian, 37 during the regular season and 51 with the freshman, who I might add have played really well during the playoffs............

Numbers are not everthing! Coach McCellan would beat you with 12!! And has! 4A schools does not have to play kids both ways and a lot if them wont and dont!

BrianfromCarlisle

November 24, 2014, 08:20:59 pm #88 Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 09:06:31 pm by BrianfromCarlisle
Exactly why I think JC has a chance.  They are used to playing the way they play. They won't care who is subbing in or out.  "Beat ME!!!"  That's how I imagine those guys.  I have always held firm to the belief that the late 80s Barton Bears were the absolute best team in the state. If not ever.  They BELIEVED they were the best.  Much like this team.

GusBrown

Top 5 in 3A? Yes. Could they beat Charleston? No.

BrianfromCarlisle

You don't know that. And never will

BrianfromCarlisle

To discount JC because they are 2A is foolish. They are a rare rare team. One that can win regardless.

GusBrown

I didn't discount JC, Ty Storey is amazing, and he touches the ball every play unlike JCs prospects. If JC had a highly touted recruit at QB I would be tempted to say they could beat Charleston.

bdubyab60

JC probably has more playmakers than Charleston overall. I think it would be a very competitive game.

cuz

Quote from: GusBrown on November 24, 2014, 09:45:15 pm
I didn't discount JC, Ty Storey is amazing, and he touches the ball every play unlike JCs prospects. If JC had a highly touted recruit at QB I would be tempted to say they could beat Charleston.
Randall Holyfield ain't no slouch, but with the spot light on Dancy and Bell, he's not looked at as much as most QB's...

RiverEagle079

heavyhittaz_7

AmSycho

I'll be there all the way from North Texas in my Huskies gear. I'm hoping that the Eagles can put up a fight and make it entertaining, but I'm not too optimistic that this will be the case.

Rida4Life

green-eagle

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas