• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Black Friday (Des Arc @ JC)

Started by Dragon I, November 21, 2014, 09:59:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragon I

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Have mercy on us guys, we just a poor ole team from the conference with no speed. Lol

Dragon I

Wilson

For a nominal fee pick i can get you 4 players from Evangel for next weeks game. . . try and scuttle all that unfair La advantage JC is said to have. . . Thanks to John Curtis . . the Evangel players are now free on Friday nights from here on out

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Wilson on November 21, 2014, 10:06:36 pm
For a nominal fee pick i can get you 4 players from Evangel for next weeks game. . . try and scuttle all that unfair La advantage JC is said to have. . . Thanks to John Curtis . . the Evangel players are now free on Friday nights from here on out

Lets see what Harding university does tomorrow, if they lose. We will have a few new players. Lol

Wilson

Ok. . but ECA has about 6 D1 players on their roster.  . . .  by definition Harding has none ;)

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Wilson on November 21, 2014, 10:12:31 pm
Ok. . but ECA has about 6 D1 players on their roster.  . . .  by definition Harding has none ;)

True. We probably need both teams.

Wilson

The way JC has been playing this year and the ups and downs of ECA . .i think a JC/ECA matchup "this year" would be a goid one

RiverEagle079

Jc blows the motor on the bus and Wilsons plane wont start and des arc will win throwing the ball

Wilson

Best hope for some bad turkey RE. . .all the recruits will be in JC and eating Thanksgiving dinner at the Carpenter dome on Thursaday ;)

You gonna be in a blind in the morning?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Wilson on November 21, 2014, 10:53:37 pm
Best hope for some bad turkey RE. . .all the recruits will be in JC and eating Thanksgiving dinner at the Carpenter dome on Thursaday ;)

You gonna be in a blind in the morning?

Watch out for that Ebola virus, i hear its headed yalls way.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Make no mistake about it, Des Arc is coming down there to win the game. This team will not lay down like last years did, we will fight to the end. And i bet we don't change how we get to away games. Its blue bird travel for us.

Eagle Pride.

mtindian42

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 21, 2014, 11:58:11 pm
Make no mistake about it, Des Arc is coming down there to win the game. This team will not lay down like last years did, we will fight to the end. And i bet we don't change how we get to away games. Its blue bird travel for us.

Eagle Pride.
+1 its on...

BigLion10

Pick we have quite of few ballers from florida here where Im at I can send ur way Friday if needed

Old Scrapper

Ok I'll be the punching bag! DA by 2!   Prediction made sober!

hssportfan

Rematch, will be worse than last year if JC wants it to be.

GusBrown

green-eagle

This game GOT to be better than their last meeting!! Lets hope.....

dragonpastor

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 21, 2014, 11:58:11 pm

Eagle Pride.

Everybody comes down planning to win. But they all go home the same.

who-knew

Its about time for JC to get knocked off there thrown. Des Arc could pull the upset not likely but I'm still pulling for the Eagles.

dragonpastor

Quote from: who-knew on November 22, 2014, 10:44:11 am
Its about time for JC to get knocked off there thrown. Des Arc could pull the upset not likely but I'm still pulling for the Eagles.

it always puzzles me when someone dislikes a team because they are better than everyone else and roots for them to lose. But if it were your team that was on top it'd be a much different story.

Old Scrapper

That's just how it is! Everyone cheers for the giant (dragon) slayer

nightowl

Earle will be waiting on you JC it will be a game

dragonpastor

Quote from: Old Scrapper on November 22, 2014, 11:02:03 am
That's just how it is! Everyone cheers for the giant (dragon) slayer

you're right about that!

Old Scrapper

who-knew

Quote from: dragonpastor on November 22, 2014, 11:00:07 am
Quote from: who-knew on November 22, 2014, 10:44:11 am

it always puzzles me when someone dislikes a team because they are better than everyone else and roots for them to lose. But if it were your team that was on top it'd be a much different story.
Not saying I dislike JC, I would love to see Des Arc an Hazen at WMS.

DragonBorn

bleudog

cuz

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: cuz on November 22, 2014, 01:51:37 pm
Des Arc Eagles

At least its still standing, more than i can say for last years team.

green-eagle

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 22, 2014, 02:03:11 pm
Quote from: cuz on November 22, 2014, 01:51:37 pm
Des Arc Eagles

At least its still standing, more than i can say for last years team.

Phoenix has awaken!!!!

bleudog

green-eagle

Pick_DA_EAGLES

bleudog

November 22, 2014, 03:03:53 pm #34 Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 03:08:29 pm by bleudog
Quote from: green-eagle on November 22, 2014, 02:56:26 pm
Quote from: bleudog on November 22, 2014, 02:50:47 pm
Quote from: green-eagle on November 22, 2014, 02:38:53 pm
Phoenix has awaken!!!!

;D

That an endanger species right there! Do I see some Tonys on that bird!

En danger of gettin' eaten.  Been fried in some dragon voodoo sauce. ;D

But seriously, ain't nothing like having to alter Thanksgiving plans because someone in the family is still practing for a high school football game. ;D

cuz

Quote from: green-eagle on November 22, 2014, 02:56:26 pm
Quote from: bleudog on November 22, 2014, 02:50:47 pm
Quote from: green-eagle on November 22, 2014, 02:38:53 pm
Phoenix has awaken!!!!

;D

That an endanger species right there! Do I see some Tonys on that bird!
For sure you do, wouldn't be complete without Tony's...........

green-eagle

You know it would seem that that "ole dragon" would be tried of fried bird by now!! Is it?????

GusBrown

When Des arc plays speed they get exposed. JC by whatever

green-eagle

Quote from: GusBrown on November 22, 2014, 03:31:11 pm

We talking food here and you are injecting some football lango...

GusBrown

Quote from: green-eagle on November 22, 2014, 03:34:26 pm

We talking food here and you are injecting some football lango...
Fried turkey sounds good for thanksgiving  :)

Pick_DA_EAGLES

November 22, 2014, 03:40:47 pm #40 Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 03:52:32 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES

True, but des arc handled Mccrorys speed, Gurdon did not. So im guessing when Gurdon gets to see real speed and power, they got exposed as well.

FootballDude02

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 22, 2014, 03:40:47 pm

True, but des arc handled Mccrorys speed, Gurdon did not. So im guessing when Gurdon gets to see real speed and power, they got exposed as well.
I hate to be the honest one (not really), but I don't think speed "exposes" Des Arc. They have seen speed and power teams all season...every team that faces a 6 2A squad, posters claim have the greatest speed in the state, and it's proven not to be so true. Most peoples judgement of speed is very weird to me lol. Everything/everybody looks fast when you yourself can't run. The only challenge is whether DA will be mentally ready, and I can see them being so. This DA team is way more mentally tough than past years! And they have better team speed. Just one mans opinion lol

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: FootballDude02 on November 22, 2014, 04:15:20 pm

I hate to be the honest one (not really), but I don't think speed "exposes" Des Arc. They have seen speed and power teams all season...every team that faces a 6 2A squad, posters claim have the greatest speed in the state, and it's proven not to be so true. Most peoples judgement of speed is very weird to me lol. Everything/everybody looks fast when you yourself can't run. The only challenge is whether DA will be mentally ready, and I can see them being so. This DA team is way more mentally tough than past years! And they have better team speed. Just one mans opinion lol

Shhhh, let them keep thinking that way. Lol. We have seen Penn from hazen (2nd in 100m last year), Rogo from Mccrory (he proved he has speed last night) then theres Brinkley and Clarendon.

cuz

Fact JC has speed, not one, not two, not three, but as many as it takes. Every team has a speedster or what they think is a speedster but it is what they perceive as that. When Des Arc comes you can watch it online and you will see fact not fiction, no brag, just fact. No team I've seen has the overall speed JC possesses. Watch and you will see..........

Dragon I

Pick, you watched it in person last year.  You know there is a difference between having a fast kid or two, and having true team speed.  I'm not saying Des Arc and Hazen haven't played a fast kid every now and then.  I know they have.  Team speed at every level is the only thing that has exposed Des Arc in the last few years.  I personally don't think this Hazen team is as good as last years Carlisle, Des Arc or Gurdon, and they'll see soon enough.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: cuz on November 22, 2014, 04:32:31 pm

Fact JC has speed, not one, not two, not three, but as many as it takes. Every team has a speedster or what they think is a speedster but it is what they perceive as that. When Des Arc comes you can watch it online and you will see fact not fiction, no brag, just fact. No team I've seen has the overall speed JC possesses. Watch and you will see..........

J.c. is excluded from all arguments. Lol

Im pretty sure that des arc remembers j.c.'s speed from last year. I hope it rains 5" Friday.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Dragon I on November 22, 2014, 04:34:32 pm
Pick, you watched it in person last year.  You know there is a difference between having a fast kid or two, and having true team speed.  I'm not saying Des Arc and Hazen haven't played a fast kid every now and then.  I know they have.  Team speed at every level is the only thing that has exposed Des Arc in the last few years.  I personally don't think this Hazen team is as good as last years Carlisle, Des Arc or Gurdon, and they'll see soon enough.

I think you are wrong about Hazen. But yes i know how much j.c. has. 🚀🚀🚀🚀

Dragon I

I've watched all of those teams up close.  JC might not beat them 60-0, but no way Hazen plays them as close as Gurdon and Carlisle did.  Ain't no Ricks wearing purple for Hazen!  LOL!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Dragon I on November 22, 2014, 04:40:59 pm
I've watched all of those teams up close.  JC might not beat them 60-0, but no way Hazen plays them as close as Gurdon and Carlisle did.  Ain't no Ricks wearing purple for Hazen!  LOL!

Wasn't a penn or mosby on Carlisle either. I think there is an asterisk by the Carlisle j.c. game and i will leave that alone.

FootballDude02

Quote from: Dragon I on November 22, 2014, 04:34:32 pm
All I'm saying is, speed is judged differently pending on what it's compared too...me running is fast compared to you walking, you driving is fast compared to me running, me flying is fast compared to your driving, and teams look real fast compared to other teams that have no speed at all. And honestly, Des Arc last year didn't have speed so yes JC looked hella fast to them. Last years DA team had no chance to "break the big one", but this years team posses the capability. Again, just one mans opinion.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas