• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

QUARTERFINALS - Arkadelphia @ Stuttgart

Started by dirtybird12, November 16, 2018, 09:50:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumberjackfan1978

Arky is on a roll now. I don't see them having a let down.

toadRyder

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on November 19, 2018, 03:49:03 pm
More along the lines of hoped we'd win. Knew we were in trouble when we played HWH. Badgers had the luxury of not having to game plan against Burks, Ricebirds slowed him down for almost 2 quarters.

Y'all had a great run and were great hosts. I wish we could've seen Burks in live action because that kid has some skill.

Good thing the birds only slowed him for 2 quarters. Arky slowed him for 4. Go ahead and crown us the 4A kings.  ;D

Trojanbird

Quote from: phdefense on November 18, 2018, 05:20:12 pm
Arkadelphia has won the last 4 games against Stuttgart and just blasted one of the Ricebirds biggest rivals. The north side of Arkansas county tends to operate in reality, not quite sure what you expected. I figure with everyone in town we will go ahead and open the gates at Ned Moseley stadium get dressed up and go ahead and play the game and see what happens. Hopefully, that will not put out the good people of Clark county too much.
With that said, is "Mercy" in the back of your mind?
I don't think that Warren thought it could happen to them!

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: toadRyder on November 19, 2018, 08:37:27 pm
Good thing the birds only slowed him for 2 quarters. Arky slowed him for 4. Go ahead and crown us the 4A kings.  ;D

When did Arkadelphia slow Burks for 4 qtrs? He had over 200 yards on the Badgers.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: toadRyder on November 19, 2018, 08:37:27 pm
Y'all had a great run and were great hosts. I wish we could've seen Burks in live action because that kid has some skill.

I was talking about the Badgers not having to worry about him this year. Ricebirds did and did it pretty well for almost 2 quarters before the thunderstorm cancelled the game.

Last year the Badgers never slowed him. You're lucky he got tired. One man almost beat a whole team.

But that was last year. Lumberjacks are done and you guys have to worry about the Birds. I know from experience that it's not an easy task to go to Stuttgart and win Thanksgiving week.

HeberFan

I think Arkadelphia will be flat, after two standout performances. Snowbirds win !

RyanLR

Quote from: HeberFan on November 20, 2018, 08:18:17 am
I think Arkadelphia will be flat, after two standout performances. Snowbirds win !
Because of JR Eldridge and the way they approach the week of practice, they treat every week the same. That never happens. If Stuttgart wins, it's because they played a great game, not because Arky was "flat". That doesn't exist to them.

HeberFan

Quote from: RyanLR on November 20, 2018, 08:24:55 am
Because of JR Eldridge and the way they approach the week of practice, they treat every week the same. That never happens. If Stuttgart wins, it's because they played a great game, not because Arky was "flat". That doesn't exist to them.

We'll see. Coaches have tried to avoid that since sports began, but, it still happens. Badgers are not immune.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: RyanLR on November 20, 2018, 08:24:55 am

NO TEAM is immune from having a bad game. See Arkadelphia at Nashville this year.

RabAlumni

I believe Stuttgart wins this game in a high scoring close affair!

richboy

Quote from: RabAlumni on November 20, 2018, 09:08:08 am
lol with who? You lost your best player and barely beat dardanelle.. go sit down

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: richboy on November 20, 2018, 09:40:26 am
lol with who? You lost your best player and barely beat dardanelle.. go sit down

You seem confused. This poster is a Lonoke fan.

HeberFan

Quote from: richboy on November 20, 2018, 09:40:26 am

Richboy must have never played... or he would not talk like that. Maybe he was a triangle player in the band?

richboy

Quote from: HeberFan on November 20, 2018, 09:46:39 am
Richboy must have never played... or he would not talk like that. Maybe he was a triangle player in the band?
if you say so. Maybe you cheered with the cheerleaders on the sidelines.. explains why your so emotional lol

HeberFan

Quote from: richboy on November 20, 2018, 09:52:38 am
if you say so. Maybe you cheered with the cheerleaders on the sidelines.. explains why your so emotional lol

Think you missed a few English classes?

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 20, 2018, 09:07:53 am
NO TEAM is immune from having a bad game. See Arkadelphia at Nashville this year.
In '12, Warren played a descent game against the Ricebirds after Thanksgiving and still lost. It was a cold night, think 2-3 Birds had the flu and had to get IV's to play. First half was a ballgame, 2nd half was a different story.

hogfan10

Quote from: RabAlumni on November 20, 2018, 09:08:08 am

Unless the Badgers have several turnovers, I don't see Stuttgart scoring a lot of points. Doesn't mean they won't/can't win, I just think in order for them to do so
it'll have to be by holding Arkadelphia to few points.

dirtybird12

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on November 20, 2018, 10:11:17 am
In '12, Warren played a descent game against the Ricebirds after Thanksgiving and still lost. It was a cold night, think 2-3 Birds had the flu and had to get IV's to play. First half was a ballgame, 2nd half was a different story.
It was the 4th quarter before Warren crossed the 100 yard threshold in this game. The final score 28-7 not indicative of how effectively the Birds chopped the Lumberjacks that night.

mossflyer

If Stuttgart wins, it will be a low scoring game. Both defenses are playing very well and I don't see that changing.

STUNNA

Quote from: dirtybird12 on November 20, 2018, 11:09:22 am
It was the 4th quarter before Warren crossed the 100 yard threshold in this game. The final score 28-7 not indicative of how effectively the Birds chopped the Lumberjacks that night.

About as effectively as Hembrees 11-1 record against the birds?? Lol

richboy

Quote from: STUNNA on November 20, 2018, 11:48:35 am
About as effectively as Hembrees 11-1 record against the birds?? Lol
or Eldridges 4-0 record against the birds lol

SUGARTOWN

November 20, 2018, 12:03:16 pm #71 Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 12:07:48 pm by SUGARTOWN
Got to love the Lumberjacks inserting their team/coach into a thread that has nothing to do with them.  ::)

Your one man team lost last week.

HeberFan

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 20, 2018, 12:03:16 pm
Got to love the Lumberjacks inserting their team/coach into a thread that has nothing to do with them.  ::)

Warren has history with both Arkadelphia and Stuttgart. Lumberjacks might as well post here. Warren was not a one-man team. Burks was outstanding, of course.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: HeberFan on November 20, 2018, 12:15:11 pm
Warren has history with both Arkadelphia and Stuttgart. Lumberjacks might as well post here. Warren was not a one-man team. Burks was outstanding, of course.

They pretty much were. Couldn't even come close to beating a good team without him.

HeberFan

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 20, 2018, 12:16:22 pm
They pretty much were. Couldn't even come close to beating a good team without him.

Warren beat Hamburg, after Burks was injured. Hamburg is plenty good.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: HeberFan on November 20, 2018, 12:23:12 pm

Eh, they were ok. But my point remains, I'd rather this thread be about the teams that are still playing.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: HeberFan on November 20, 2018, 12:23:12 pm
And we beat DeWitt without him. Did Stuttgart beat Dewitt this year? Can't recall.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on November 20, 2018, 12:33:13 pm
And we beat DeWitt without him. Did Stuttgart beat Dewitt this year? Can't recall.

Can you recall if you're playing after Thanksgiving this year?  :D

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 20, 2018, 12:32:05 pm
Eh, they were ok. But my point remains, I'd rather this thread be about the teams that are still playing.
It is. I believe the last time Stuttgart played this week was against Warren. Just using that game as context.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 20, 2018, 12:38:47 pm
Can you recall if you're playing after Thanksgiving this year?  :D
FYI, we aren't. Let me clear that up for you

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on November 20, 2018, 12:41:20 pm
FYI, we aren't. Let me clear that up for you

Thanks. The memory is the first thing to go when you're my age.

HeberFan

Every team, save one per classification, will be a "loser" by season's end. Many teams will have had good seasons.  Can't understand why some enjoy bashing high school kids.

beach bum

Quote from: HeberFan on November 20, 2018, 12:44:59 pm
Every team, save one per classification, will be a "loser" by season's end. Many teams will have had good seasons.  Can't understand why some enjoy bashing high school kids.

No one is bashing kids. We basically never see that on here which is great..... They're bashing the delusional posters of the teams that lose that have homer shades on. Take off the homer shades. Its easy bait to pick at.

HeberFan

Quote from: beach bum on November 20, 2018, 12:53:22 pm
No one is bashing kids. We basically never see that on here which is great..... They're bashing the delusional posters of the teams that lose that have homer shades on. Take off the homer shades. Its easy bait to pick at.

Everyone is a "homer" to some extent.  Teams can be successful without being a quarter-finalist in the state playoffs. A team that improved from 3-7 to 5-5 had a good season, for example. Hope won its first game in three years. That's a step forward.

Trojanbird

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 20, 2018, 12:44:31 pm
You looked in the mirror lately?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Trojanbird on November 20, 2018, 01:17:29 pm
You looked in the mirror lately?

Of course, the gray whiskers make me look more distinguished.

#1thetruth

Quote from: Trojanbird on November 19, 2018, 08:52:50 pm
With that said, is "Mercy" in the back of your mind?
I don't think that Warren thought it could happen to them!

Good one!!!!!!!!!!!
forget mercy............. Make'em  say UNCLE ;D

#1thetruth

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 20, 2018, 12:44:31 pm

SUGAR BRITCHES,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I used that remote again.............Guess what???? it's a blow out!!!!!!!!!!
enjoy rice birds last game Friday night.............

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: beach bum on November 20, 2018, 12:53:22 pm
Homer shades. Delusional posters. Easy bait. You make sure to get all your outlined talking points in?

richboy

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 20, 2018, 01:24:12 pm
Of course, the gray whiskers make me look more distinguished.
whod you pick to win? Stuttgart or arky 🤔

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: richboy on November 20, 2018, 04:04:46 pm
whod you pick to win? Stuttgart or arky 🤔

In the bracket challenge thing I picked Arkadelphia. But since I've gotten them all right so far I'm probably due to miss one.  :)

hogfan10

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 20, 2018, 04:07:31 pm
In the bracket challenge thing I picked Arkadelphia. But since I've gotten them all right so far I'm probably due to miss one.  :)

Yea, Nashville will probably get you.😃

richboy

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 20, 2018, 04:07:31 pm
Dont you wish that on us ricky Bobby!

STUNNA

dang kinda crazy that the Birds could never beat the one man team...good luck this week to both teams. Should be a good one. I think Arkadelphia wins. Not sure Stuttgart can get it done offensively. I think they will be fine defensively. Just based on what i saw from both teams against Warren. Obviously things changed big time with Burks being out against Arkadelphia.

#1thetruth

Quote from: STUNNA on November 20, 2018, 04:34:15 pm
dang kinda crazy that the Birds could never beat the one man team...good luck this week to both teams. Should be a good one. I think Arkadelphia wins. Not sure Stuttgart can get it done offensively. I think they will be fine defensively. Just based on what i saw from both teams against Warren. Obviously things changed big time with Burks being out against Arkadelphia.

I guess so if you call a blowout a good one.... Badassger 81 - 03 rice birds

Jsmith48

Quote from: HeberFan on November 20, 2018, 08:18:17 am
This is the coaches show from the Warren Game.
I hope the link works.  At the beginning Coach E talks about game week prep.  This shows why I don't think they will come out flat.

HeberFan

Quote from: Jsmith48 on November 21, 2018, 09:11:31 am
This is the coaches show from the Warren Game.
I hope the link works.  At the beginning Coach E talks about game week prep.  This shows why I don't think they will come out flat.

It's just one of "those things" that can't be controlled. We shall see.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

ST and his double standard. It was fine when Warren put the Birds out and I mentioned Stuttgart after they were cleaning out their lockers but when I mention the Jacks by only comparing how the Birds play on this week, he goes extra even after I said Stuttgart is hard to beat. At ease Birds fans, Mr. Burks has left the building. Your nightmares should be over.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on November 21, 2018, 09:34:28 am
ST and his double standard. It was fine when Warren put the Birds out and I mentioned Stuttgart after they were cleaning out their lockers but when I mention the Jacks by only comparing how the Birds play on this week, he goes extra even after I said Stuttgart is hard to beat. At ease Birds fans, Mr. Burks has left the building. Your nightmares should be over.

No idea what you're referring too. And it doesn't matter to me anyway.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 21, 2018, 09:51:13 am
No idea what you're referring too. And it doesn't matter to me anyway.
I told everyone on here that the only team that gave Warren any problems and had a chance to beat Warren in '16 was Stuttgart. There was several posters that disagreed even after I gave my reasons.
If it didn't matter, why say we were inserting ourselves?

I couldn't give two Bird turds or Badgers scat who wins honestly.
Badgers, the Birds play tough football on Thanksgiving weekend.
Birds, don't let the Badgers get on a roll, you won't be able to slow them down if they do.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas