• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

QUARTERFINALS - Arkadelphia @ Stuttgart

Started by dirtybird12, November 16, 2018, 09:50:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dirtybird12

November 16, 2018, 09:50:36 pm Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 07:05:41 pm by Coach DePriest, Shiloh Christian
Nothing like still being alive for the week of Thanksgiving! Thoughts on this one? Should be a slugfest!

Trojanbird

Quote from: dirtybird12 on November 16, 2018, 09:50:36 pm
Nothing like still being alive for the week of Thanksgiving! Thoughts on this one? Should be a slugfest!
I believe that the birds are going to have their hands full in this one!  However anything can happen!

RyanLR

I'm picking Arkadelphia in this one. The Ricebirds have no idea what's coming for them.

Redskin2015

RyanLR

Kinda off topic but looking at the schedules how in the world did Stuttgart lose to Dewitt????

dirtybird12

Quote from: RyanLR on November 16, 2018, 10:20:17 pm
Kinda off topic but looking at the schedules how in the world did Stuttgart lose to Dewitt????
There were some questionable personnel decisions in that game. Stuttgart seems to also sleep walk through non-conference games.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: RyanLR on November 16, 2018, 09:57:51 pm
I'm picking Arkadelphia in this one. The Ricebirds have no idea what's coming for them.

What makes you think we don't? Badgers are clearly on a roll.

toadRyder

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 16, 2018, 10:47:25 pm
What makes you think we don't? Badgers are clearly on a roll.

Honestly, after starting 0-5, I'm not even sure what to expect out of the mighty badgers.

Sports Guru

Badgers 35 Ricebirds 30

Should be a good one

hogfan10

Quote from: Crossett Eagle on November 16, 2018, 10:58:21 pm
Badgers 35 Ricebirds 30

Should be a good one
Not sure who will win, but I don't see Stuttgart getting to 30.

RyanLR

Quote from: toadRyder on November 16, 2018, 10:49:34 pm
Honestly, after starting 0-5, I'm not even sure what to expect out of the mighty badgers.
I think Arkadelphia played the toughest schedule in the state. They had to replace 5 senior starters on the O-Line, and I think they simplified their offense a little bit. Defensively they were solid and the offense wasn't doing them any favors. They found a 2nd runner in Buster to spell Zion Hatley and Cannon Turner is playing as good as any QB in the state now. He can run and throw equally well. They have a D-1 kicker/punter that is a weapon. And I say it a lot but they just don't make a lot of mistakes.

hogfan10

Quote from: RyanLR on November 16, 2018, 11:03:52 pm
I think Arkadelphia played the toughest schedule in the state. They had to replace 5 senior starters on the O-Line, and I think they simplified their offense a little bit. Defensively they were solid and the offense wasn't doing them any favors. They found a 2nd runner in Buster to spell Zion Hatley and Cannon Turner is playing as good as any QB in the state now. He can run and throw equally well. They have a D-1 kicker/punter that is a weapon. And I say it a lot but they just don't make a lot of mistakes.

Lot of turnovers in those first 5 games, that really put the defense in bad situations. If the offense can avoid bad turnovers, the defense will keep us in the game until the offense finds its footing.

phdefense

Quote from: RyanLR on November 16, 2018, 09:57:51 pm
Yep Stuttgart only played Arkadelphia every year 2014-2017. So obviously they have no idea how good the Badgers are.

richboy

November 16, 2018, 11:41:59 pm #13 Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 08:50:46 pm by richboy
Quote from: RyanLR on November 16, 2018, 11:03:52 pm
speaking of non-conference schedule. Sylvan hills and Benton are in the simis. Wynne fell tonight.

mharris31696

If the Badgers that showed up tonight show up next week it may get ugly. I dont think anybody saw that coming. Stuttgart is no slouch though. You have to have a good team to be playing Thanksgiving Week. I dont expect a blowout but after tonight I have to go with the Badgers for the win.

#1thetruth

Why are we even playing this game, it's just a waste of time and money....this game won't even be close, I know it, you know it, and the rice birds fan know it......     Blow Out!!!!! rice birds come talk your trash now, but it is what it is.... anybody seen sugar Britches??? I'm kinda of concerned he may have fallen in deep state of depression, on account of his warren game prognostication..... he was miserably off. If any of you know him, please  stop by for me and check on him..... thanks

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: #1thetruth on November 17, 2018, 05:27:57 am
Why are we even playing this game, it's just a waste of time and money....this game won't even be close, I know it, you know it, and the rice birds fan know it......     Blow Out!!!!! rice birds come talk your trash now, but it is what it is.... anybody seen sugar Britches??? I'm kinda of concerned he may have fallen in deep state of depression, on account of his warren game prognostication..... he was miserably off. If any of you know him, please  stop by for me and check on him..... thanks

Well I did say in 2 different threads I thought Arkadelphia would win. So I was right there. I just underestimated how bad they were without Burks.

phdefense

Quote from: #1thetruth on November 17, 2018, 05:27:57 am
This person did not look at any of the actual prediction threads and doesn't know that Sugartown is the only person left with a perfect bracket.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: phdefense on November 17, 2018, 02:11:21 pm
This person did not look at any of the actual prediction threads and doesn't know that Sugartown is the only person left with a perfect bracket.

Some people are just a little slower on the uptake than others.  :)

#1thetruth

November 17, 2018, 02:27:51 pm #19 Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 02:35:23 pm by #1thetruth
Quote from: phdefense on November 17, 2018, 02:11:21 pm

What??????
Wow Sugar Britches has a fans... a kid getting involve in grown folks business... you have no cluE... It's between me and sugar britches and the others that know... sugar britches know, and if want to bring  you up to speeds... well... that will be his call.
Read the threads.. man you are special!!!! Wow he's perfect with his prediction...  whoop-t-do.. it's HS FB..

phdefense

Quote from: #1thetruth on November 17, 2018, 02:27:51 pm
What??????
Wow Sugar Britches has a fans... a kid getting involve in grown folks business... you have no cluE... It's between me and sugar britches and the others that know... sugar britches know, and if want to bring  you up to speeds... well... that will be his call.
Read the threads.. man you are special!!!! Wow he's perfect with his prediction...  whoop-t-do.. it's HS FB..
I am pretty sure where the speed is at in this situation.

#1thetruth

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 17, 2018, 07:16:22 am
Well I did say in 2 different threads I thought Arkadelphia would win. So I was right there. I just underestimated how bad they were without Burks.
Quote from: phdefense on November 17, 2018, 02:36:51 pm
I am pretty sure where the speed is at in this situation.

I called the Badgerville blow out against warren, and he challenge me on it   He also reneged on his bet... pretty simple.
So stick to what you know... he's a fraud!!!
Prediction: rice birds 14 - 60 Badgerville.

phdefense

Quote from: #1thetruth on November 17, 2018, 02:56:24 pm
I called the Badgerville blow out against warren, and he challenge me on it   He also reneged on his bet... pretty simple.
If you are going to call people frauds you should stop acting like you are from Clark County. You don't even know the proper nickname for the town you claim to be from.

get up to speed

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: #1thetruth on November 17, 2018, 02:56:24 pm

I didn't renege on anything. You, as a novice gambler failed to specify any terms of the bet. So I chose them. My year off from here is 2030.

#1thetruth

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 17, 2018, 03:16:09 pm
I didn't renege on anything. You, as a novice gambler failed to specify any terms of the bet. So I chose them. My year off from

lol......  did you ever dream someone would have you answer to Sugar Britches????  I wanted to know how may times you would answer to sugar britches... A lot!!!!    I've had my fun,,,, im out sugar britches.
rice birds 7 - 67 Badgerville

Bigbossman

I'm going with the badgers, I'm basing that on nothing other than when I used to get on this site far more than I do nowadays I loved nothing more than poking the rice bird posters. I've only seen arky play once this year and I know nothing of the birds,  so for what worth.
Arky- 104
Ricebirds- 6

SUGARTOWN

November 17, 2018, 04:11:05 pm #26 Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 04:12:59 pm by SUGARTOWN
Quote from: #1thetruth on November 17, 2018, 03:48:22 pm
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 17, 2018, 03:16:09 pm
I didn't renege on anything. You, as a novice gambler failed to specify any terms of the bet. So I chose them. My year off from

lol......  did you ever dream someone would have you answer to Sugar Britches????  I wanted to know how may times you would answer to sugar britches... A lot!!!!    I've had my fun,,,, im out sugar britches.
rice birds 7 - 67 Badgerville

That quote feature is a tough one.

SUGARTOWN

Now, how about you run along and try to figure it out before you use it again. That's my assignment for you.

#1thetruth

Quote from: Bigbossman on November 17, 2018, 04:09:27 pm
I'm going with the badgers, I'm basing that on nothing other than when I used to get on this site far more than I do nowadays I loved nothing more than poking the rice bird posters. I've only seen arky play once this year and I know nothing of the birds,  so for what worth.
Arky- 104
Ricebirds- 6

Agree.....lol.... becareful you may get a tongue lashing from sugar britches!!!! Tongue lashing from sugar Britches...../ now that's funny.!!!

Lumberjackfan1978

KASH dba The Lumberjack

phdefense

November 18, 2018, 03:22:30 pm #31 Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 03:34:07 pm by phdefense
To all of our guests from Arkadoo. If you've never experienced the Wings Over the Prairie Festival(the largest & longest running festival held in Arkansas). Come early and let the good people of Stuttgart get to know you. There will be people down here from all over the world, making it a bucket list thing.

richboy

Not much talk from Stuttgart. Expected more 🙄

phdefense

Quote from: richboy on November 18, 2018, 05:13:01 pm
Not much talk from Stuttgart. Expected more 🙄
Arkadelphia has won the last 4 games against Stuttgart and just blasted one of the Ricebirds biggest rivals. The north side of Arkansas county tends to operate in reality, not quite sure what you expected. I figure with everyone in town we will go ahead and open the gates at Ned Moseley stadium get dressed up and go ahead and play the game and see what happens. Hopefully, that will not put out the good people of Clark county too much.

SUGARTOWN

Arkadelphia has won 7 in a row, Stuttgart 9 in a row. I look forward to a spirited matchup Friday night.

phdefense

November 18, 2018, 05:55:22 pm #35 Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 05:57:59 pm by phdefense
Best 5 loss team in the state

vs

Best team to lose to DeWitt this year

Let's call it the "Inconceivabowl"

HeberFan

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on November 18, 2018, 05:41:05 pm
Arkadelphia has won 7 in a row, Stuttgart 9 in a row. I look forward to a spirited matchup Friday night.

Based on this info, I predict a winning streak will end Friday night !!!!

RyanLR

Quote from: HeberFan on November 19, 2018, 11:32:48 am
Based on this info, I predict a winning streak will end Friday night !!!!
I just still can't believe how they started 0-5. They are so good now that when you see them play you'd think that it would be impossible for them to go 0-5. JR Eldridge must be an amazing coach, because the level he has them playing right now almost doesn't even make sense.

HeberFan

HeberFan

Quote from: RyanLR on November 19, 2018, 11:49:35 am
I just still can't believe how they started 0-5. They are so good now that when you see them play you'd think that it would be impossible for them to go 0-5. JR Eldridge must be an amazing coach, because the level he has them playing right now almost doesn't even make sense.

The tough, early schedule was on purpose.

Ball Hawk

Quote from: RyanLR on November 19, 2018, 11:49:35 am

Do yourself a favor and go look at their schedule......lol

KASH dba The Lumberjack

It's not easy to go to Stuttgart and win after eating turkey. This won't be a blow out like at Warren.

quicksand

Arkadelphia is on a roll and I think it continues.

toadRyder

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on November 19, 2018, 01:56:59 pm
It's not easy to go to Stuttgart and win after eating turkey. This won't be a blow out like at Warren.
You also thought Warren would win.
Arky by 17

mossflyer

Hard to play at that emotional high two weeks in a row too. There could be a letdown, but I think they'll be ready for Stuttgart.

Jsmith48

November 19, 2018, 02:51:18 pm #46 Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 06:38:42 pm by Jsmith48
The Badgers lost more than just the entire offensive line. They lost a lot of seasoned, solid role players too. That's another reason they struggled early. Now others have found their roles and they are playing together as a team. The coaches have done a fantastic job of keeping morale high and focusing on one game at a time just like last year.

dirtybird12

I would argue that the top end skill of this Stuttgart team is greater than the skill of the 2012 title team. However, this team lacks the mental toughness of the 2012 team. They do not have that killer instinct that is fundamental to title teams. With that being said, I am excited for the game. Do not know much about Arky aside from the fact that they have had the Birds number.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: toadRyder on November 19, 2018, 02:21:44 pm
You also thought Warren would win.
Arky by 17
More along the lines of hoped we'd win. Knew we were in trouble when we played HWH. Badgers had the luxury of not having to game plan against Burks, Ricebirds slowed him down for almost 2 quarters.

richboy

Quote from: mossflyer on November 19, 2018, 02:51:03 pm
Hard to play at that emotional high two weeks in a row too. There could be a letdown, but I think they'll be ready for Stuttgart.
arkadelphia hasn't showed to have a emotional letdown since coach eldridge has been the coach. We focus and prepare on a game at a time.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas