• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NCAA QB Ratings

Started by SandLizard04, October 07, 2007, 12:26:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

EddiesMustache

Quote from: Jarred on October 09, 2007, 09:16:22 am
Quote from: B&GT on October 09, 2007, 02:44:58 am
Quote from: Jarred on October 09, 2007, 01:33:20 am
Quote from: B&GT on October 08, 2007, 11:10:04 pm
Quote from: RD on October 08, 2007, 05:36:00 pm
Quote from: Jarred on October 08, 2007, 04:48:12 pm
Quote from: Quite Frankly on October 08, 2007, 04:46:26 pm
Yet here you come within second of logging on....

Give Jeff a call.  Probably should let him pitch to you.
You're a real moron to say the least.

On another note, I'm out for the evening, I've got a date...So feel free to jab away, since you obviously have nothing better to do with your life.
Prostitutes don't count.

I was catching up on this thread and "idiot" was the first word that entered my mind.  So why did he say he was out for the evening at not even 5?  She must want to get away from him before dark.  Then he was still here an hour later.  Guess she forgot to pick him up or someone offered to pay more.
Or, we went out for dinner, and then to a party, from which I just dropped her off at her house from. Remember, 5 where you are...is 6 where I am, and we left here about 7:30 for dinner. You are a moron.

I don't think that hour difference makes any difference in what I said.  It's still not dark then and if she has any intuition it would be a short date.  Otherwise you either got RD's suggestion (literally or figuratively) or a really homely girl that's never been on a date before.  At least I can come up with something better than name calling.  I just realized I got censored and "idiot" was not what I typed.  Something more along the lines of what RD said, in a more sleazy manner.  Although what I heard was that you can't really get it on since in highschool no girls would talk to you and you stuck it in the pitching machine to get some action any way you could from something familiar and attractive to you.  You had it set to as low as your pitching speed, but even that was enough to take it off.
Or, I had a pretty serious girlfriend through high school, but whatever.

Why did you and Jeff split up?

rsvl_hogfan4

October 09, 2007, 09:44:10 am #101 Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 09:45:45 am by rsvl_hogfan4
Quote from: EddiesMustache on October 09, 2007, 09:33:16 am

On another note, I'm out for the evening, I've got a date...So feel free to jab away, since you obviously have nothing better to do with your life.
Prostitutes don't count.

I was catching up on this thread and "idiot" was the first word that entered my mind.  So why did he say he was out for the evening at not even 5?  She must want to get away from him before dark.  Then he was still here an hour later.  Guess she forgot to pick him up or someone offered to pay more.
Or, we went out for dinner, and then to a party, from which I just dropped her off at her house from. Remember, 5 where you are...is 6 where I am, and we left here about 7:30 for dinner. You are a moron.

I don't think that hour difference makes any difference in what I said.  It's still not dark then and if she has any intuition it would be a short date.  Otherwise you either got RD's suggestion (literally or figuratively) or a really homely girl that's never been on a date before.  At least I can come up with something better than name calling.  I just realized I got censored and "idiot" was not what I typed.  Something more along the lines of what RD said, in a more sleazy manner.  Although what I heard was that you can't really get it on since in highschool no girls would talk to you and you stuck it in the pitching machine to get some action any way you could from something familiar and attractive to you.  You had it set to as low as your pitching speed, but even that was enough to take it off.

Once again, why does saying QF can't hit his fastball make you guys say I am gay? I am still confused on how the two are related. Mustache, you are pretty cool coming into a thread that has nothing to do with you and calling people gay. I think you have your own problems to worry about though.

EddiesMustache

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on October 09, 2007, 09:44:10 am

Prostitutes don't count.

Once again, why does saying QF can't hit his fastball make you guys say I am gay? I am still confused on how the two are related. Mustache, you are pretty cool coming into a thread that has nothing to do with you and calling people gay. I think you have your own problems to worry about though.

When did I use the word gay?  As far as my "problems" go...don't worry.  Your mom and I worked things out, & we're doing great.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: EddiesMustache on October 09, 2007, 09:52:59 am

Prostitutes don't count.

When did I use the word gay?  As far as my "problems" go...don't worry.  Your mom and I worked things out, & we're doing great.
Glad we are doing this the mature way. Once again, haven't said a word to you in this thread that is personal yet you continue to feel the need to attack me. You are pretty cool. I could take the same approach as you but don't really feel like arguing with someone as ignorant as yourself.

EddiesMustache

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on October 09, 2007, 09:59:52 am

Prostitutes don't count.

Glad we are doing this the mature way. Once again, haven't said a word to you in this thread that is personal yet you continue to feel the need to attack me. You are pretty cool. I could take the same approach as you but don't really feel like arguing with someone as ignorant as yourself.

Ok.  I guess it's more mature when you pm me then.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: EddiesMustache on October 09, 2007, 10:01:46 am

Prostitutes don't count.

Actually, yes it is. How is it not more mature? I took it off the public thread and messaged you. That is why it is called a private message. It is between me and you. It is definitely more mature than talking about a person's mother, whom you haven't met, and saying someone has a boyfriend. I think I heard that stuff in 8th grade. I guess I shouldn't expect too much from you though.

EddiesMustache

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on October 09, 2007, 10:07:04 am

Prostitutes don't count.

Actually, yes it is. How is it not more mature? I took it off the public thread and messaged you. That is why it is called a private message. It is between me and you. It is definitely more mature than talking about a person's mother, whom you haven't met, and saying someone has a boyfriend. I think I heard that stuff in 8th grade. I guess I shouldn't expect too much from you though.

My comments seemed to bother you enough to get you upset & pm me.  So it appears that your a pretty weak person.  That's really all I've got left to say on this subject.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: EddiesMustache on October 09, 2007, 10:12:17 am
Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on October 09, 2007, 10:07:04 am

Prostitutes don't count.

My comments seemed to bother you enough to get you upset & pm me.  So it appears that your a pretty weak person.  That's really all I've got left to say on this subject.
Yep, I am actually crying. No I just wondered why you felt the need to mouth me for no reason. Then through your messages I understood. You aren't exactly the brightest person. Go ahead, say something about me having a boyfriend or my mom. ::)

olddog79

Jeff aka rsvl_hogfan4:

You're making it way too easy. Can't you see that they're just yankin' your chain.

Lighten up a little.

Just some advise...take it or leave it.

dc24

Quote from: President Ivan on October 08, 2007, 05:51:53 pm
Quote from: Jarred on October 08, 2007, 05:44:56 pmIf I wanted one of those, I'd holler at your girl.

All she'd do is laugh.  Noodle arm and a noodle dick.

Shouldn't that say noodle Mr. C.  Hahahaha.

Anyways, wow is all I've got to say about this thread.  I finally read the rest of it.  I just jumped in on the fourth page.  Obviously me and S.D. are on the wrong thread. 

I will say this though.  He's a lefty and throwing anywhere near 90 will get him a shot at the next level so long as he has more than a fastball, which I assume he does since he was drafted and signed with MSU.  Other than that, I don't have anything else to say, haha.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: olddog79 on October 09, 2007, 11:14:11 am
Jeff aka rsvl_hogfan4:

You're making it way too easy. Can't you see that they're just yankin' your chain.

Lighten up a little.

I know. I didn't really care about QF or anyone else, but Mustache has no reason to even say anything to me. I usually am pretty easy going and joke around with people on here, but when ignorant people get on here and call me gay when they haven't said a word to me before I tend to take offense to it.

B&GT

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on October 09, 2007, 11:30:04 am
Jeff aka rsvl_hogfan4:

Lighten up a little.

I know. I didn't really care about QF or anyone else, but Mustache has no reason to even say anything to me. I usually am pretty easy going and joke around with people on here, but when ignorant people get on here and call me gay when they haven't said a word to me before I tend to take offense to it.

You were saying something to me about stupid arguments on the last page?  Hypocrite...

RHS

October 09, 2007, 03:10:45 pm #112 Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 04:55:23 pm by RHS
Saw an interesting stat that D.ick is 3rd in the SEC in terms of yards per completion
(only behind Tebow and Nickson.) Ranked 6th in terms of his efficiency which is about normal for an avg QB I guess.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: B&GT on October 09, 2007, 02:51:53 pm
Jeff aka rsvl_hogfan4:

Lighten up a little.

You were saying something to me about stupid arguments on the last page?  Hypocrite...
There is a difference between arguing with someone who is calling you names and arguing with someone on whether or not they went out on a date or not.

Anyways back on topic.

It is kind of crazy to see where Casey ranks in various areas considering some of his performances on the field.

Quite Frankly

Classic stuff.

Want more gang?  Or should I let it die?

B&GT

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on October 09, 2007, 03:30:38 pm
Jeff aka rsvl_hogfan4:

Lighten up a little.

There is a difference between arguing with someone who is calling you names and arguing with someone on whether or not they went out on a date or not.

What's the difference?  Why is one stupid and the other not?  Plus, Jarred can't do anything but call people names, so that's a lot of this one.  Also, if you think I was referring to you being a hypocrite solely based on this thread, you are too shallow.  You are the king of getting yourself into the stupid end of stupid arguments.  In this case you come to the defense of some jerk who thinks he's the Jesus of baseball or something.   

rsvl_hogfan4

October 09, 2007, 10:12:19 pm #116 Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 10:17:37 pm by rsvl_hogfan4
Quote from: B&GT on October 09, 2007, 09:15:11 pm
Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on October 09, 2007, 03:30:38 pm
Jeff aka rsvl_hogfan4:

Lighten up a little.

What's the difference?  Why is one stupid and the other not?  Plus, Jarred can't do anything but call people names, so that's a lot of this one.  Also, if you think I was referring to you being a hypocrite solely based on this thread, you are too shallow.  You are the king of getting yourself into the stupid end of stupid arguments.  In this case you come to the defense of some jerk who thinks he's the Jesus of baseball or something.   
I wasn't defending anything except the fact that he can throw harder than QF said. Everything else was between him and RD. However, I played with him, and there were scouts out our practices and games. I know for a fact he threw 90+ in HS so I was just saying it wasn't exactly a "noodle arm" and that QF couldn't hit it despite her saying I shouldn't bet against her. I wasn't defending anything he said...

You are right though. Seriously. It is stupid to argue with a girl that says she can hit a 94 MPH fastball. Everyone knows she can't. I just think it is a tad bit more stupid to argue with a guy that lives in Florida on whether or not he really went on a date.

I am pretty happy you say I am the king of getting myself into stupid ends of arguements. I am honored. Surprised you can't think of a single poster that does it more, but who cares. I know I do. I argue with people all the time. I don't do it because I am hard to get along with. I do it because this is a freaking sports message board designed to discuss and debate sports. What the heck would there be to discuss if there wasn't anyone debating? If everyone got along on this board and everyone agreed, these threads would be short lived.

Quite Frankly

October 09, 2007, 10:42:17 pm #117 Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 10:49:04 pm by Quite Frankly
Again and this time it's at you RSVL, you simply have no idea if I can hit his fastball.  It amazes me the effort you have put forth on something as subjective as this.  Your repeated attempts to somehow prove that I can't hit the supposed fastball of a supposed friend that runs from a potential D-1 education to a JUCO because he 'hates' school fails to account for several factors.

Not the least of which is what you perceive my capabilities are in the batters box.  Your assumptions are flawed in the sense that because I'm a girl I am automatically dismissed in your eyes.  You love to lecture on assumptions yet your nose is wedged right up J-Roid's 'business'.  I mean be honest with yourself.  You have no idea if I can or not because you have never even seen me in person or know if I have been successful as a batter in a similar situation.

But I will admit to not being able to hit a ball thrown at my "earhole" by someone with a supposedly gifted arm but mismatched with a mouth and sophistication level that equals a little leaguer.  Fact is there is a lot more to pitching than having a 'live' arm.

He's already put me on base in my first plate appearance by cowardly beaning me the first time up.  I don't have to prove anything until A-roid Ankiel can prove that he can actually throw me a strike. 

My guess is maturity issues will be is undoing.  The landscape is littered with potential major leaguers.  Talent can be found in many forms.  Whether he can actually throw 90 mph is the least of my concerns when he's on the mound.  Kind of reminds me of "meat" from the movie Bull Durham at this stage.

As for you, your motives are truly odd as it goes to this thread.  My "manlove" comment is not meant as a direct statement as to sexuality, but rather as towards 2 men that feel the need to combine their admiration for one another as it pertains to such a trivial issue against a feeble little female that has raked you both over the coals for everyone else to see.

Right now, my OB % is 1.000.

Rizzo

Quote from: Quite Frankly on October 09, 2007, 10:42:17 pm
Again and this time it's at you RSVL, you simply have no idea if I can hit his fastball.  It amazes me the effort you have put forth on something as subjective as this.  Your repeated attempts to somehow prove that I can't hit the supposed fastball of a supposed friend that runs from a potential D-1 education to a JUCO because he 'hates' school fails to account for several factors.

Not the least of which is what you perceive my capabilities are in the batters box.  Your assumptions are flawed in the sense that because I'm a girl I am automatically dismissed in your eyes.  You love to lecture on assumptions yet your nose is wedged right up J-Roid's 'business'.  I mean be honest with yourself.  You have no idea if I can or not because you have never even seen me in person or know if I have been successful as a batter in a similar situation.

But I will admit to not being able to hit a ball thrown at my "earhole" by someone with a supposedly gifted arm but mismatched with a mouth and sophistication level that equals a little leaguer.  Fact is there is a lot more to pitching than having a 'live' arm.

He's already put me on base in my first plate appearance by cowardly beaning me the first time up.  I don't have to prove anything until A-roid Ankiel can prove that he can actually throw me a strike. 

My guess is maturity issues will be is undoing.  The landscape is littered with potential major leaguers.  Talent can be found in many forms.  Whether he can actually throw 90 mph is the least of my concerns when he's on the mound.  Kind of reminds me of "meat" from the movie Bull Durham at this stage.

As for you, your motives are truly odd as it goes to this thread.  My "manlove" comment is not meant as a direct statement as to sexuality, but rather as towards 2 men that feel the need to combine their admiration for one another as it pertains to such a trivial issue against a feeble little female that has raked you both over the coals for everyone else to see.

Right now, my OB % is 1.000.

Nice, Seems like you put a lot of thought in to that response. As for my "Strike Throwing Ability." I've thrown 12 innings this fall, allowed 2 hits and 1 BB. I think I can put it where it needs to be without problems.

rsvl_hogfan4

I don't understand why you say we combine our admiration for one another. I have defended him one time since he has been on this board, and he has got into it with a few people. I don't see why you being wrong on a subject and me pointing it out means I my nose is in hus business. I realize there is more to pitching than being able to throw fast. You just claimed he didn't have a good arm.

The sad thing is, you claim to know so much about this guy, yet he doesn't even know who you are. He claims he hasn't met you. Sounds a little obsessive if you ask me.

I love how you think people are just sitting around waiting to see what you say next. I can assure you that you don't have an audience. You didn't by any means "rake me over the coals for everyone else to see." I probably shouldn't have got invloved in this, but there were 3 or 4 people attacking Jarred, which is his problem, but some of the stuff being said was wrong, so I stepped in to help defend. I actually didn't attack you at all until you did to me.

You are right though, I am so humiliated in front of the entire FF board. How will I ever post again? How about you go cook something and leave the tough guy act to Uncle Ivan.

Quite Frankly

October 09, 2007, 11:38:51 pm #120 Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 11:40:42 pm by Quite Frankly
If you saw my PM box, you would know how foolish you look.  I've not done it to you.  You've done it to yourself.

Each attempt makes it worse on yourself.  I'm not trying to run you off, in fact I pretty much enjoy your posts.  But by continuing to reply with your heels dug in it only reinforces my basic premise.  Jarred was attacked because he wanted to be attacked. 

As for you J-Roid, I guess you realize those are also JUCO batters you are facing.  In fact, it only reinforces your desire to stay in a safe situation that you think you can handle instead of stretching your limits by facing better competion than JUCO.  But the fact you are interested in "proving" to everyone reading this thread that you could handle me at the plate from 1500 miles away simply reminds most of us you are a self-absorbed individual.

After posting several times you don't care, your extra amount of energy on this thread proves otherwise.

As for cooking, I have that skill as well.  I've been baking you on this thread for 2 days.

Quite Frankly

October 09, 2007, 11:43:05 pm #121 Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 11:44:52 pm by Quite Frankly
And again, anything he can throw over the plate to me I can handle.  But it would be best if it didn't take 10 pitches to see one near the plate at whatever speed it is.

Now, on the flip I'm sure I can throw one past you from a submarine position.

FYI, i'm out for the night.

Rizzo

Quote from: Quite Frankly on October 09, 2007, 11:38:51 pm
If you saw my PM box, you would know how foolish you look.  I've not done it to you.  You've done it to yourself.

Each attempt makes it worse on yourself.  I'm not trying to run you off, in fact I pretty much enjoy your posts.  But by continuing to reply with your heels dug in it only reinforces my basic premise.  Jarred was attacked because he wanted to be attacked. 

As for you J-Roid, I guess you realize those are also JUCO batters you are facing.  In fact, it only reinforces your desire to stay in a safe situation that you think you can handle instead of stretching your limits by facing better competion than JUCO.  But the fact you are interested in "proving" to everyone reading this thread that you could handle me at the plate from 1500 miles away simply reminds most of us you are a self-absorbed individual.

After posting several times you don't care, your extra amount of energy on this thread proves otherwise.

As for cooking, I have that skill as well.  I've been baking you on this thread for 2 days.

Yes, they are JUCO hitters. But I did the same thing last year at State until I was injured. You may think I'm the cockiest guy alive, which when it comes to baseball, may be true. But what you don't understand, in the game, if you're not cocky you don't make it.

bulldogs1159

You can hit 90mph stuff? You do realize this aint softball right?

bulldogs1159

Quote from: Jarred on October 09, 2007, 11:47:35 pm

Yes, they are JUCO hitters. But I did the same thing last year at State until I was injured. You may think I'm the cockiest guy alive, which when it comes to baseball, may be true. But what you don't understand, in the game, if you're not cocky you don't make it.
My cousin aint cocky and he is doin just fine. You don't have do be cocky. That just makes you look like an arse. Tryin to help ya here kid.

rsvl_hogfan4

Cool, I can pretty much predict who your PMs are from. I had a few too, as well as text messages. And no, they weren't from Jarred.

Pete Carroll

Ha that is great, that is the biggest pile of crap I have ever heard. Some of the best athletes have been the biggest waste of talent due to their attitudes.

Rizzo

Quote from: Pete Carroll on October 09, 2007, 11:54:50 pm

Ha that is great, that is the biggest pile of crap I have ever heard. Some of the best athletes have been the biggest waste of talent due to their attitudes.
Don't get me wrong. I don't have an attitude, never have, never will. I go out to the mound knowing that I'm better than the guys I'm facing. If I go out there thinking that they're better than me, I've lost my edge.

EddiesMustache

Quote from: Jarred on October 09, 2007, 11:58:43 pm

Don't get me wrong. I don't have an attitude, never have, never will. I go out to the mound knowing that I'm better than the guys I'm facing. If I go out there thinking that they're better than me, I've lost my edge.

According to a poster on this board who knows your personally, your attitude as well as greed is exactly what got you in the situation you are in (Pitching to losers in JUCO).

breadly

why is it so hard for you to accept that jarred is a good pitcher and he is going to the pros...the only reason he went to juco is that he can go pro sooner...are you mentally unstable or just plain stupid

Rizzo

Quote from: EddiesMustache on October 10, 2007, 07:33:31 am
Quote from: Jarred on October 09, 2007, 11:58:43 pm

According to a poster on this board who knows your personally, your attitude as well as greed is exactly what got you in the situation you are in (Pitching to losers in JUCO).
That's funny, because that's one thing I've always gotten praise about, is not having an attitude. That's also funny, because about half of all D1 baseball players play JUCO ball. As well as a ton of Major Leaguer's. JUCO ball in Florida's a bit different than it is in Arkansas. We've got 8 guys on the team that have already committed to D1 schools, and have 10-20 MLB Scouts at all games.

EddiesMustache

That is funny, considering your attitude is the reason so many people on this board dislike you.

Also, I understand that there are decent players in JUCO.  I also know it isn't as big a deal as playing in the SEC or College World Series. 

Rizzo

Quote from: EddiesMustache on October 10, 2007, 01:21:15 pm
That is funny, considering your attitude is the reason so many people on this board dislike you.

Also, I understand that there are decent players in JUCO.  I also know it isn't as big a deal as playing in the SEC or College World Series. 
Depends on what your ultimate goal is. There are many players who play in the CWS that will never step foot on a professional baseball field, yet there are tons of JUCO players who will. I should have signed out of high school, but I was practically unsignable, I was set on school. And school isn't what it's cracked up to be...I'll get my two years in, be a little over halfway to my Bachelors Degree, and begin my career in baseball, rather than staying in the SEC, and having to stay for at least 3 years.

EddiesMustache

When you say TONS of JUCO players will step on a professional baseball field, you are correct.  Saying that TONS of JUCO players will step on a BIG LEAGUE is incorrect.  Minor leaguers are still considered professional players, but not looked at as BIG LEAGUERS.

Quote from: Jarred on October 10, 2007, 01:28:26 pm
I should have signed out of high school, but I was practically unsignable, I was set on school.

Someone who knows you personally said you were unsignable, but not because you were set on school.

Rizzo

Quote from: EddiesMustache on October 10, 2007, 02:21:30 pm
When you say TONS of JUCO players will step on a professional baseball field, you are correct.  Saying that TONS of JUCO players will step on a BIG LEAGUE is incorrect.  Minor leaguers are still considered professional players, but not looked at as BIG LEAGUERS.

I should have signed out of high school, but I was practically unsignable, I was set on school.

Someone who knows you personally said you were unsignable, but not because you were set on school.
This person obviously doesn't know me "personally" then. I let all the teams know that unless they threw over 7 figures my way, I was going to school.

sam

I told the scouts they couldn't sign me unless they threw 7 full-figured women at me. 

EddiesMustache

Quote from: Jarred on October 10, 2007, 02:36:06 pm

This person obviously doesn't know me "personally" then. I let all the teams know that unless they threw over 7 figures my way, I was going to school.

It sounds like this person knows you very well.  I believe the word "greedy" may have been used to describe you.

jackfan1™

Quote from: sam on October 10, 2007, 02:42:03 pm
I told the scouts they couldn't sign me unless they threw 7 full-figured women at me. 

Well, that would leave a mark....

not ray

8 figures is quite a lot of money.  10,000,000 minimum of over 7 figures. 

Rizzo

Quote from: EddiesMustache on October 10, 2007, 02:51:34 pm

It sounds like this person knows you very well.  I believe the word "greedy" may have been used to describe you.
Try not to put words in someones mouth...I know who you're talking about and what they said to you.

EddiesMustache

Quote from: Jarred on October 10, 2007, 03:49:38 pm

Try not to put words in someones mouth...I know who you're talking about and what they said to you.

I still have the message where he says that.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: EddiesMustache on October 10, 2007, 04:07:34 pm
Quote from: Jarred on October 10, 2007, 03:49:38 pm

I still have the message where he says that.
Go ahead and post it. Better yet, I will say it.

You asked why Jarred wasn't drafted higher than 49th round if he was so good. I said he was asking for too much money and was probably being a little greedy wanting that much money. He was still offered 2nd round money though.

Make sure if you are going to try and expose what someone says through a PM, a message that is intended to be private, that the person it was about doesn't already know, or has seen it. nice try though.

Seriously, just let it die. You say I am so determined to defend Jarred, yet you have been posting for 2 days now trying to argue with Jarred about various things.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Special Delivery Jones on October 10, 2007, 03:48:18 pm

That's kind of what I was thinking.  I don't know of anyone who has received an 8-figure signing bonus straight out of the draft.  Maybe he meant 7 figures, which is still a lot, unless you're an early-round pick.  Heck, I don't know, that may be limited to first-rounders.  I'm not up to speed on current signing bonuses.

Rizzo

Quote from: Chief_Osceola on October 10, 2007, 04:15:49 pm
Quote from: Special Delivery Jones on October 10, 2007, 03:48:18 pm

That's kind of what I was thinking.  I don't know of anyone who has received an 8-figure signing bonus straight out of the draft.  Maybe he meant 7 figures, which is still a lot, unless you're an early-round pick.  Heck, I don't know, that may be limited to first-rounders.  I'm not up to speed on current signing bonuses.
Texeria recieve 10.5 million. But I wrote 7, not 8 didn't I?

Chief_Osceola™

You wrote over 7.  Was that what he received when he was drafted, or when he re-signed?  I'm guessing he was probably a high first-rounder, but again, I'm not familiar with where players have been drafted.

bulldogs1159

October 10, 2007, 04:30:15 pm #145 Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 04:33:16 pm by bulldogs1159™©
After being closely related to someone who was recently drafted 10 million for anyone who was not the first pick is insane.

Edit: Last years first round pick David Price got one of the best out of the draft deals ever. Here it is.

"The Vanderbilt lefty's deal with worth 8.5 million dollars over 6 years. The deal could be worth as much as 11.25 million over the life of the contract if DP is in the Majors for all 6 years."

http://www.vanderbiltsportsline.com/2007/08/david-price-signs.html

Rizzo

Quote from: Chief_Osceola on October 10, 2007, 04:23:28 pm
You wrote over 7.  Was that what he received when he was drafted, or when he re-signed?  I'm guessing he was probably a high first-rounder, but again, I'm not familiar with where players have been drafted.
Umm...he was a very high pick...But he was not offered a contract within the 15 days given by MLB Baseball to offer one. So he became a free agent, a loophole found by Boras, and he had all 30 teams bidding on him, and the highest bidder won, and he recieved 10.5 million.

When I said over 7, I meant as in 1.something...not 8.

Chief_Osceola™

I assumed that by over 7, you meant 8, since you were talking figures.  I'm sure you can understand the confusion it may cause.

Rizzo

Quote from: Chief_Osceola on October 10, 2007, 04:44:00 pm
I assumed that by over 7, you meant 8, since you were talking figures.  I'm sure you can understand the confusion it may cause.
Yes, I should have worded it a bit differently.

HA_Fan

When you say TONS of JUCO players will step on a professional baseball field, you are correct.

I wonder how many of those JUCO players who go pro started at a D-I school then transferred to a JUCO. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas