• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Goodbye Karma, my old friend...

Started by TigerFanz, February 28, 2007, 11:11:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

TigerFanz

Now how can we tell who's the most hated person on the Softball forum?

Any nominations????

NormalTherman

I nominate the grand poobah of dryness.......................

drumroll please...
drrrrrrrrrr....
drrrrrrrrrr....
drrrrrrrrrr....
(do those look like drumrolls?)

purpledog!

NormalTherman

no wait...

can I pick two???!!!

anything.....
that ends with holic.   :-X

or three?!!!!

that begins with momof..... ;)

TigerFanz

Quote from: NormalTherman on February 28, 2007, 11:34:24 am
I nominate the grand poobah of dryness.......................

drumroll please...
drrrrrrrrrr....
drrrrrrrrrr....
drrrrrrrrrr....
(do those look like drumrolls?)

purpledog!

Oh my GOD!!!!!! I have a new hero... NORMAL THERMAN for Emperor of the Softball Universe.

I second his nomination. Purpledog! for all time most hated.

Move to close nominations!!!!!

heinz hummer

I nominate Truth B. Told....haven't seen him in awhile....but he was a JACKA$$ !!!!

Purple Dog

Ouch, somebody help me get this knife out of my back!

KittenFanz, I can understand where you'd be getting tired of always being a bridesmaid, but...... Normal Therman too?

Man, I thought we were buds, but now the truth is out..... :'(

TigerFanz

Quote from: Purple Dog on February 28, 2007, 03:15:48 pm

KittenFanz, I can understand where you'd be getting tired of always being a bridesmaid, but...... Normal Therman too?

No, we're all just sick of your know-it-all attitude, and your stupid threads "Who has the nicest field?" Nobody cares. Besides, we do, and no bums live in the restrooms either.

Your kid graduated, they won the championship, congratulations. Go away, it's someone else's turn.

passion4thegame

For the record...i like purple dog and i am not from fayetteville!  It was not long ago people were asking where purpledog was???

TigerFanz

Quote from: passion4thegame on February 28, 2007, 04:01:52 pm
...It was not long ago people were asking where purpledog was???

The world is full of stupid people

Dadof 24

Purpledog you would need to watch your back because folks like that never come straight up.  I for sure don't have to defend your reputation as someone who has done as much for Arkansas Fastpitch as anybody in the state.  What we need is a lot more purpledogs and a lot less Tigerfanz if the game is to continue to grow in quality in the this state.

SBFanatic

Come on guys- From what I have read, Purple Dog shoots straight from the hip, and a lot of people I guess do not like that- I do- and for the record, I too am not from the Fayetteville area-

True Fan

I got no beef with purpledog. Or momof, dadof, ..holic, ...3, etc. What I don't understand is newbies with 1 month of FF time jumping on here and calling people out. GIVE ME A BREAK! You haven't been around long enough to even understand karma. You couldn't tell anything about anybody by their karma. The good posts did not mean you received a clap. It didn't take a bad post to get slapped. All you had to do was offend some idiot who was too stupid to post and the slaps would begin. Some people like you actually made little gay clubs so they could run someone's slaps up. It meant absolutely nothing. I guess now people will have to find other ways to show their brilliance. Like maybe, a picture of two hands clapping with NO SOUND.
Quote from: TigerFanz on February 28, 2007, 11:11:52 am

Now how can we tell who's the most hated person on the Softball forum?

Any nominations????                        TigerPanz

NormalTherman

oh ..take a joke you buncha babies..............

it's the smack that makes it fun.

Even softball gets boring after the millionth post of the best pitcher and how everybodies daughter is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

get over it.

tigerfan

Quote from: Purple Dog on February 28, 2007, 03:15:48 pm

Purpledog....I am the true tigerfan from Bentonville and Tigerfanz must be from Prairie Grove.....because we don't claim him.

SBfan

February 28, 2007, 07:04:41 pm #14 Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 07:34:05 pm by SBfan
Quote from: TigerFanz on January 18, 2007, 02:25:27 pm
It isn't that she went somewhere, rather a question of eligibility. Personally, I was very sorry to hear about it, and don't think the details are important or need to be discussed in this forum. I figured PD would be able to confirm.

Wasn't long ago KittyFanz was looking to PD for the latest info!  Unfortunately, he/she (9th grader's dad is my guess) doesn't do much for the rep of Bentonville.

FYI...Purple Dog has been around for a while and has been of great help to those that have actually been on this board for more than a few months.  For you to join in and jump all over a "vet" is just like a "rookie" that will never make it!

Give respect where it is due!  I mean, who DOESN'T want to win a state title?!?  Should we dog the DAWGS or find out what makes/made them successful?  Especially from someone that has showed nothing but class, knowledge, and understanding on here.

PD...take the haters for what they are.  You have nothing but respect here and it would be a tragedy for members like you to go away. 

I don't think this board is just for those that have daughters on high school teams,  high school players, or high school coaches.  I don't remember checking any of those boxes when I registered.  It should be for all those who appreciate our sport. 

One clap for you PD and I'll take a slap from those of you who hate all the winners out there!

cards fan

I know this is not related to the topic, but DADOF24 where is your daughter now?

Dadof 24

TigerFanz

For the record, I've known PurpleDog since his summer team played slowpitch. In fact, I can remember him saying how boring the game of fastpitch was, and how much better slowpitch was back when the first High Schools converted. Strange that someone that was so anti-fastpitch has become so revered by some of you folks.

My daughter's team played against his for years, sometimes we won, sometimes they won. Never cared for him much then, care less for him now.

I've followed FF for years, mostly on football, just never took the time to post (notice the "who has the best field" reference that was posted more than a year ago).

Quote from: SBfan on February 28, 2007, 07:04:41 pm
Quote from: TigerFanz on January 18, 2007, 02:25:27 pm
It isn't that she went somewhere, rather a question of eligibility. Personally, I was very sorry to hear about it, and don't think the details are important or need to be discussed in this forum. I figured PD would be able to confirm.

Wasn't long ago KittyFanz was looking to PD for the latest info!  Unfortunately, he/she (9th grader's dad is my guess) doesn't do much for the rep of Bentonville.

Give respect where it is due!  I mean, who DOESN'T want to win a state title?!?  Should we dog the DAWGS or find out what makes/made them successful?  Especially from someone that has showed nothing but class, knowledge, and understanding on here.

FYI, I knew that McGill was gone, just didn't want to get into the details. I like the kid. She was smart and quit PD years ago.

As far as winning the state title,  I guess you just have to get enough kids to transfer in each year. Let's see, Reed in 2004, Grams in 2005, McGill (not the one suspended) and Goodwin in 2006. Not bad. I see McGill hit a homer last night to beat VB.

Yeah, I see what makes them successful.

Earl is my Hero!!

Ouch!!! And I thought I pi$$ed of the folks from Fayetteville last year.

True Fan

So, it has nothing to do with the most hated in the softball forum. It's just a personal vendetta. My bad. Carry on.

NormalTherman

shall we resort back to ancient terminology.....

and start referring to PD as the mauve cur?

TigerFanz

Excellent reference Normal, now that's old school. Well, a year anyway.

mack

Quote from: NormalTherman on February 28, 2007, 11:52:57 pm
shall we resort back to ancient terminology.....

and start referring to PD as the mauve cur?

This is getting good!  If nobody ever got their feathers ruffled up a bit on here, it would be no fun.  Lord knows I have taken my lumps [deservedly most of the time], but I keep coming back for more.

Purple Dog

QuoteFor the record, I've known PurpleDog since his summer team played slowpitch. In fact, I can remember him saying how boring the game of fastpitch was, and how much better slowpitch was back when the first High Schools converted.

So now you've finally revealed yourself. Exactly how many names have you posted under? I've had the same username since 2004. What about you? Earl is my hero, The Real Deal. TigerFanz,........what else?

You're right. That was exactly my sentiment about fastpitch. Back when fastpitch first began in Arkansas, it was simply a matter of who had the best pitcher, and it really wasn't very much fun. But we all saw that change was inevitable, so our team switched over to fastpitch and we've never looked back. Nowadays, fastpitch is a great game.

QuoteFYI, I knew that McGill was gone, just didn't want to get into the details. I like the kid. She was smart and quit PD years ago.

Amber did quit, but you conveniently failed to mention that she came back and rejoined the team. Didn't you know that?

Quote(notice the "who has the best field" reference that was posted more than a year ago).

I'm glad that you brought that up. Fayetteville used to play in a run-down men's park, but several parents and boosters got together and turned it into a really nice softball field. Forgive me for being proud of that.

Since we're on the subject, it's my understanding that Bentonville now has a brand new ballpark, complete with an artificial turf outfield. Congratulations, on a job well done up there. 

Tigerfan - I'm sorry, I did think it was you at first. I should've known better. Bentonville is full of classy people and I'm proud to call many of them my friends.....just not all of them.

True Fan -  You absolutely nailed it! This is indeed a personal vendetta that dates back about 5 years ago.   

I also want to say thanks to everyone for writing things that have been supportive. It looks like eventually everyone here gets attacked if they hang around long enough. Don't worry, I won't be bullied away by this nonsense.

Ernie

You go dog.  Will we be seeing the purple one at today's FHS vs Gentry game?

Logchain20

Purpledog, keep posting.  I have not always agreed with everything you have posted, however I try to see things from different angles.  I am also sure that not everyone agrees with what I post but I have always RESPECTED your opinion and others.  Keep posting and hopefully people that have an ax to grind can do so some where other than a message board.  Just my two cents.

farmtown123

Quote from: Purple Dog on March 01, 2007, 10:50:33 am

Amber did quit, but you conveniently failed to mention that she came back and rejoined the team. Didn't you know that?

How can that be?  I understand getting a second chance, but a third?  What kind of school policy does Fayetteville have for failing a random test(s)?  Did they bend the rules a little?

Purple Dog

Quote from: farmtown_rally on March 01, 2007, 11:43:48 am
Quote from: Purple Dog on March 01, 2007, 10:50:33 am

How can that be?  I understand getting a second chance, but a third?  What kind of school policy does Fayetteville have for failing a random test(s)?  Did they bend the rules a little?

We were referring to a summer team, and not the high school team.

Ernie, I'm a little under the weather, but if I feel well enough, I'll get out there.

farmtown123

I sure hated to hear that, it seems like such a waste.  Some kids these days tend to live in the moment and not think about the fallout of their actions.  I hope everything works out in the end.

Earl is my Hero!!

Wait a minute!

Don't drag me into this. Everyone knows who I am, and I don't care. If I have something to say, I'll say it and sign my name. I've stirred up enough around here, and have a no-comment policy, unless it's about me or rules interpretation. I have commitments that are better served if I don't get involved in all this.

I admit I'm not one of PD's fans, but I pretty much leave him alone, and he leaves me alone. We used to be good friends, and spent hours talking softball. I don't think PD can say that I've ever been less than cordial to him.

I've never been involved in slow-pitch in Arkansas, we were fastpitch when we moved here.

As far as I remember, we never played against each other. The only time I coached, we were 12U and you were 14U.

I do remember you not being real happy about the change to FP, but that was a LLLOOONNNGGG time ago.

Remember, if you think something here came from me, just call me. I'll tell you. I think you know me well enough to know I say what's on my mind. It's for that very reason I normally choose to say nothing at all on FF.

SoftballFan

Purpledog................I know to well how it feels when someone behind a made up name tries to get something started...........There are lots of things you've posted in the past that I have not agreed with and I'm sure you could say the same of me.........

Attacks like you and others receive makes me sad...... :(...........Blow it off.........in the end you will be the better person...........

A friend from the south.....

DJ

willie_lowman

Hey...Pappa's got a brand new bag....   ;)

how easy you posters forget about your favorite son.

I wasn't even nominated.

you freakin' losers.

TigerFanz

Ah, the weak minded are such easy prey. Fingers pointing in all directions.

Welcome back Willy! I'm a big fan.

Badger Cubs

March 01, 2007, 01:57:35 pm #33 Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 01:59:48 pm by Badger Blast
Back on TOPIC!

My vote would go to anyone who has a rare metal in their screen name
and lives in Oklahoma.  ;) 8) ;D

mack

Quote from: Badger Blast on March 01, 2007, 01:57:35 pm
Back on TOPIC!

TXDAD gets my vote.

cpsmom

ooohhh-I can't stand it! I am with you MACK!

mack

Quote from: cpsmom on March 01, 2007, 02:18:33 pm
ooohhh-I can't stand it! I am with you MACK!

I know that hurt dear! ;)

True Fan

Quote from: mack on March 01, 2007, 02:12:57 pm
Quote from: Badger Blast on March 01, 2007, 01:57:35 pm
Back on TOPIC!

TXDAD gets my vote.

+1, I'll be back in an hour.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

okieinark

...and I guess everyone forgot about me too.  I was the guy from Oklahoma that had a daughter that no one thought much of, even though her batting average and fielding percentages were well above most of those who made All-State.  Oh c'mon, you remember!  I was well known for saying that Arkansas softball had a ways to go before being on par with surrounding states.  Oh yeah, I wasn't afraid to say the Ladybacks needed to recruit better...now that one raised some eyebrows.  Sorry Purpledog, I think I got you beat, LOL.

BTW, I'm not afraid to brag.  My little girl went on to earn a starting infield position at a D1 school.  Sadly though, she has given up softball.  She told me "Dad, I always played for fun, and its just not fun anymore".   :'(  I guess I have to agree with her decision, but it sure hurts to be away from the ballpark.  Hope to see some of you this season.

GO PURPLEDAWGS!

cpsmom

Hey-ya'll can pick a summer team and go watch together now. Or put together a team and coach together! Put those skills and all that knowledge to use man!
:) :D ;D

Krusty the Klown

2 strike...how could she have a starting position if she couldn't even make it to Thanksgiving break? Come on....give me a break.  You get my vote.

tigerfan

March 01, 2007, 04:08:45 pm #41 Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 04:13:00 pm by tigerfan
Purple Dog...........First, not everyone in Bentonville is a dog basher.....Second, not all of us mind being bridesmaids to you sweet cheeks. That usually means we are pretty good. And third, don't get angry and call all of us kittenfanz and talk about our second place finishes. It is not respectful to most in Bentonville.
Don't burn down the village because of the village IDIOT!!!!

okieinark

Quote from: Krusty the Klown on March 01, 2007, 03:53:36 pm
2 strike...how could she have a starting position if she couldn't even make it to Thanksgiving break? Come on....give me a break.  You get my vote.

Well I guess I say that because that is what the coach told her and I.  She was to be the starter at second base and hitting #2 in the lineup.  He said that her leaving the team put him in a real bind because that was one of the positions he was sure about.  Maybe he was lying, and I'm wrong....wouldn't be the first time.

Thanks for the vote  ;D

txdad

Thanks to all that have supported me with your votes   ;D  Hey, I don't post on these boards to make friends and spew rosy colored stories that aren't true.  I just post my opinion (yes, everyone has one) and try to relay my experiences as I have lived in 4 states that have FP softball.  And yes, I did coach at one time and currently assists a few colleges in finding players. 

I know that the truth hurts sometimes, but most are not happy with me saying that AR softball is below most of the states around them.  Just look at D1 rosters around the country... how many Ark girls and how many play.  If you exclude UA, the number of schools is reduced by a lot.  And, there is 1 DII school in the state that would give UA a good run for their money every time out.  I have looked at the stats for UA and it seems that AR girls are having a difficult time adjusting and they haven't even gotten to the meat of their schedule yet.

Once again, thanks for all of your support.  Keep those votes coming.   :)

Dadof 24

All together now------------

Kum ba yah, my Lord, Kum ba yah...

ganglion

March 01, 2007, 09:00:20 pm #45 Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 09:32:47 pm by ganglion
Quote from: txdad on March 01, 2007, 06:55:27 pm
Thanks to all that have supported me with your votes   ;D  Hey, I don't post on these boards to make friends and spew rosy colored stories that aren't true.  I just post my opinion (yes, everyone has one) and try to relay my experiences as I have lived in 4 states that have FP softball.  And yes, I did coach at one time and currently assists a few colleges in finding players. 

I know that the truth hurts sometimes, but most are not happy with me saying that AR softball is below most of the states around them.  Just look at D1 rosters around the country... how many Ark girls and how many play.  If you exclude UA, the number of schools is reduced by a lot.  And, there is 1 DII school in the state that would give UA a good run for their money every time out.  I have looked at the stats for UA and it seems that AR girls are having a difficult time adjusting and they haven't even gotten to the meat of their schedule yet.

Once again, thanks for all of your support.  Keep those votes coming.   :)

I don't think most would disagree with you when you say we are behind other states in FP.  I think you get your votes because of the way you seem to relish telling us how inferior our girls are.  You get a kick out of it with your air of superiority.  We could sit here and expound on why TX, for instance, is ahead of us, when a large part of the reason is simply the law of large numbers.  Greater population gives greater chances of having a large pool of great athletes to choose from.  This would be even more obvious in summer ball with greater numbers to choose from than High School.  There are softball minds here in Arkansas that are the equals of any you will find in TX[ yeah, yours too].  These are coaches that go to out-of-state tournaments and clinics to further their knowledge.  And TXDAD, two teams from Arkansas just went to High School tournaments in Marshall and Longview TX just last week.  Guess what?  They pretty much kicked the beejeezus out of every TX team they played.  1st and 2nd place- Gold Division..

I must admit, I thought of you often as the kicking proceeded.

True Fan

txdad

Quote from: ganglion on March 01, 2007, 09:00:20 pm

I don't think most would disagree with you when you say we are behind other states in FP.  I think you get your votes because of the way you seem to relish telling us how inferior our girls are.  You get a kick out of it with your air of superiority.  We could sit here and expound on why TX, for instance, is ahead of us, when a large part of the reason is simply the law of large numbers.  Greater population gives greater chances of having a large pool of great athletes to choose from.  This would be even more obvious in summer ball with greater numbers to choose from than High School.  There are softball minds here in Arkansas that are the equals of any you will find in TX[ yeah, yours too].  These are coaches that go to out-of-state tournaments and clinics to further their knowledge.  And TXDAD, two teams from Arkansas just went to High School tournaments in Marshall and Longview TX just last week.  Guess what?  They pretty much kicked the beejeezus out of every TX team they played.  1st and 2nd place- Gold Division..

I must admit, I thought of you often as the kicking proceeded.

Thanks for the feedback Ganglion.  I don't think I ever said the coaching in Arkansas wasn't up to par with other states.  I really think the reason nearby states are ahead of Ar is because they have been playing it longer.  Even when it wasn't in high schools in Texas, there were still city and summer leagues that played fastpitch and yes, there was slowpitch too.  However, the fastpitch at that time was only a few months out of the year... summer.  Now, as we all know, it is a year round sport.. or at least the girls work at it all year.

As for the Ark teams beating Texas teams, that is great.  As we all know in sports, especially true in Baseball and softball, there are a lot of variables that come into play in a tournament.  I don't doubt that the Ark teams were better than those they faced that weekend.  They beat them and that is what counts.  However, it is not uncommon for a HS team in a metro area of the state to have 2-5 DI players on a roster.  That is not to say all HS teams do, but it isn't an oddity.  Why is that?  Well, some of that goes back to how long these girls have been playing FP and the coaches of those schools come to TX to recruit. 

I'm sure the sport is improving in AR.  I saw some college ball a few weeks ago in Ar and saw some "local" girls.  They are improving.  I just try to "keep it real" when people get on this board and try to convince us all that the level of play in the state is among the best.  Truth is.... it isn't there yet, moving that direction, but you have to have competitive summer teams.  5-6 years ago, you wouldn't hardly find an Ark team play outside the state boundaries.  Now, it is a common occurrence. 

The views I have of Ar ball isn't just me.  Check with people in OK, La, Mo.  I think you will hear the same comments.  Why?  Not much representation in the past in the "big" tournaments.  That is changing.  My only constructive criticism for now is:  play more ASA ball. 

bigfartinpurpledog

Quote from: 2_strike_hitter on March 01, 2007, 03:12:17 pm
...and I guess everyone forgot about me too.  I was the guy from Oklahoma that had a daughter that no one thought much of, even though her batting average and fielding percentages were well above most of those who made All-State.  Oh c'mon, you remember!  I was well known for saying that Arkansas softball had a ways to go before being on par with surrounding states.  Oh yeah, I wasn't afraid to say the Ladybacks needed to recruit better...now that one raised some eyebrows.  Sorry Purpledog, I think I got you beat, LOL.

GO PURPLEDAWGS!

different name same ol' big fartin' purple whiner.

cpsmom

MACK! Why did you have to rattle that monkeys cage?
Arkansas-LOVE IT or LEAVE IT! And don't dis our athletes-any of them!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas