• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brookland vs LR Mills

Started by J12, February 15, 2019, 08:34:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

J12

MR.GOMAB

Blowout....Correct me if i'm wrong. I've seen LR Mills and they will have to play absolutely terrible to not get the one seed in the East Region? Could they be upset by anyone??

Livewire

It will be worse than a blowout.  Expect to see mercy rule invoked at start of 4th quarter.

J12

Quote from: Livewire on February 15, 2019, 12:03:24 pm
It will be worse than a blowout.  Expect to see mercy rule invoked at start of 4th quarter.

Back to back mercy rules, eh?

Livewire

I'd say the only way it wont be a Mercy game is if Bobby holds the ball at mid court all night.
Which he is apt to do!

Brookland has been overrated all year.

TheSpecial

Quote from: Livewire on February 15, 2019, 12:40:11 pm
I'd say the only way it wont be a Mercy game is if Bobby holds the ball at mid court all night.
Which he is apt to do!

Brookland has been overrated all year.

So has Westside.

J12

Livewire

Quote from: TheSpecial on February 15, 2019, 01:20:49 pm
So has Westside.

With a loss to Brookland and Southside, one might agree.
Lets see how they do in the rest of post season. ;)

I think that the East regional will have tougher games than the 1st and 2nd rounds of state.

NEA Razorback olfan

I Agree , It will be a tough task to knockoff LR Mills!!  It was a tough task to get a W at Westside but they did it, anything can happen in the post season!!

J12

Quote from: Livewire on February 15, 2019, 02:06:29 pm

I think that the East regional will have tougher games than the 1st and 2nd rounds of state.

Westside has 2 bad losses all year and somehow they're overrated? Makes sense. Shouldn't have lost to Brookland or Southside.

Besides those,  you take your hat off to the other teams and call it a loss.

MR.GOMAB

Quote from: Livewire on February 15, 2019, 02:06:29 pm

I totally agree!! That East region is going to get good with only 4 going to the state tourney. I don't think Mills will be upset but the 2, 3 and 4 seed could be different than some predicted. The 1 and 2 seed from the East will get a 1st round bye in the state tourney. First in the south (which should be barring any injury the Magnolia Panthers) and 1st from the North which possibly could be Pottsville will both get a 1st round bye as well.

LRRandy

Quote from: J12 on February 15, 2019, 08:34:57 am
Thoughts?
I think the home loss by Westside at the hands of Brookland when you predicted sewing up the conference championship has hurt your feelings so bad you had to start this thread to rub it in Brooklands fans faces.

Mills would/will dump Weeside pretty easily if/when they play. Enjoy residing on the top of the little mountain that you have built for yourself.

LRRandy

Quote from: J12 on February 15, 2019, 01:47:07 pm
Cool story. Betcha LR Mills isn't overrated.
they are in fact not overrated. I don't see anyone beating them. 4a state champs.

J12

Quote from: LRRandy on February 15, 2019, 02:51:33 pm
they are in fact not overrated. I don't see anyone beating them. 4a state champs.

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

FoxandHound34

Westside couldn't hang with Baptist last year, what makes u think they can hang with Mills??

J12

Quote from: FoxandHound34 on February 15, 2019, 07:33:18 pm
Westside couldn't hang with Baptist last year, what makes u think they can hang with Mills??

How many screen names does Randy have?

NEA Razorback olfan

J12
On a scale of 1-10 , just how bad do you hate Brookland ?

J12

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on February 15, 2019, 08:56:44 pm
J12
On a scale of 1-10 , just how bad do you hate Brookland ?

I don't hate them. Just not any respect.

J12

February 15, 2019, 09:24:59 pm #18 Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 09:28:40 pm by J12
Quote from: LRRandy on February 15, 2019, 02:48:25 pm
I think the home loss by Westside at the hands of Brookland when you predicted sewing up the conference championship has hurt your feelings so bad you had to start this thread to rub it in Brooklands fans faces.

Mills would/will dump Weeside pretty easily if/when they play. Enjoy residing on the top of the little mountain that you have built for yourself.

Whoa. Calm down little Randy. Just fun and games right?

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: J12 on February 15, 2019, 07:36:20 pm
How many screen names does Randy have?
If you're assuming every Westside naysayer is ole Randy, then I'm guessing he has a lot of screen names!

J12

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on February 15, 2019, 09:30:42 pm
If you're assuming every Westside naysayer is ole Randy, then I'm guessing he has a lot of screen names!

For sure.

beach bum

February 15, 2019, 09:44:16 pm #21 Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 09:45:52 pm by beach bum
You guys are lucky.... If Baptist Prep was still in 4A the state title would be Prep vs Mills. Westside and Brookland could play in the consolation game though. Brookland could be better, but their coaches offensive philosophy involves throw it around the perimeter for a minute straight from time to time.

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: beach bum on February 15, 2019, 09:44:16 pm
You guys are lucky.... If Baptist Prep was still in 4A the state title would be Prep vs Mills. Westside and Brookland could play in the consolation game though. Brookland could be better, but their coaches offensive philosophy involves throw it around the perimeter for a minute straight from time to time.
That has been a complete failure for every program that has tried it this year that I've seen.

LRRandy

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on February 15, 2019, 09:30:42 pm
twenty eleven

Sigmund Sauer

February 15, 2019, 10:40:37 pm #24 Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 10:42:14 pm by Sigmund Sauer
Quote from: LRRandy on February 15, 2019, 10:09:09 pm
twenty eleven
Impressive.....are you talking to yourself now? Am I Randy?

LRRandy

MDXPHD

501 to 870

Fun and useless fact! Both Coaches, Mills (Cooper) and Brookland (Gross) both played at A-State.....I believe at the same time!!! Has no bearing on the game! Don't know bout Gross but Cooper was a baller at Sylvan Hills. I watched and played with him....

RedWolf275

February 20, 2019, 07:58:09 am #28 Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 09:37:40 am by RedWolf275
I believe Gross was from Indiana originally

Hatchet

With mills missing a piece Bobby might pull one off.

MR.GOMAB

Quote from: Hatchet on February 20, 2019, 09:22:11 am
With mills missing a piece Bobby might pull one off.

Mills missing a piece?

Former, Coach Jacobs

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on February 15, 2019, 10:01:15 pm
That has been a complete failure for every program that has tried it this year that I've seen.

Osceola beat Manila by doing this, at Manila for the district championship.

Brookland girls beat #1 Batesville by doing this, for the district championship.

Nettleton boys beat Jonesboro boys last night, by doing this.

Fans hate it, but coaches love to have it in their toolbox. Especially against a team that will sit back in a zone and not come out and guard. Love it or hate it, it works.

J12

Brookland won't hold the ball, they'll just run their offense for all 8 minutes if they can.

I imagine Mills will jump out and pressure them. Brookland really isn't built to come back from a deficient over 6 points or so.

Former, Coach Jacobs

Quote from: J12 on February 20, 2019, 12:21:44 pm
Brookland won't hold the ball, they'll just run their offense for all 8 minutes if they can.

I imagine Mills will jump out and pressure them. Brookland really isn't built to come back from a deficient over 6 points or so.

I think you are exactly right. Mills is going to take it to them. In the three examples above, each of those teams stayed back in a zone and allowed the other team to hold the ball.

Mills will get after the Bearcats as soon as they get off the bus.

J12

Yep. Holding the ball sucks. Sitting back and playing a zone is equally as dumb.

That's all I'm going to say about it.

I started this thread with honestly wanting feedback. My thoughts - Brookland plays closer than most think. IF Mills plays well and gets up early, they'll win easily.  Longer Brookland can keep the game in the "8-10 points per quarter" area, the better off they'll be.

Brookland DID NOT have to play that style to beat teams this year, they were instructed to. They have talented players who can play up tempo. Hard to do that consistently however.

cannon

4 minutes to tip-off. Here we go!!

To my regret, I have fallen victim to Montezuma's Revenge, and it has me on a short leash that starts in the toilet and ends about 30' from there. Ergo, I am not in attendance, so updates on the score at regular intervals would be greatly appreciated.

Good luck to the Bearcats, and prayers for an injury-free game for both teams.

cannon

Losers. I'm not even there and I'm gonna have to post the score.

Brookland 12
Mills 6
End of Q1

Camajam1

Quote from: cannon on February 20, 2019, 05:49:07 pm
Losers. I'm not even there and I'm gonna have to post the score.

Brookland 12
Mills 6
End of Q1
They're posting the scores on the regional thread

cannon

Quote from: Camajam1 on February 20, 2019, 05:51:15 pm
They're posting the scores on the regional thread

Oh, well then I'm the loser. To the regional thread I go!

J12

Brookland players were ready for that one. Hats off to them. Those technicals absolutely cost Brookland at a MAJOR upset.

Sad.

ArkansasSportsFan

Quote from: J12 on February 20, 2019, 07:22:30 pm
Brookland players were ready for that one. Hats off to them. Those technicals absolutely cost Brookland at a MAJOR upset.

Sad.

What happened? I couldn't find any streams for it.

J12

RunninJoe

February 20, 2019, 09:01:23 pm #42 Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 09:11:13 pm by RunninJoe
Were the technicals legit or did the officials react to Bobby's over the top behavior? Not every official has seen the antics of Bobby G so I could understand if some new guys came in and put the brakes on him. 

J12

2 officials were NEA refs. One being Brad Davidson.

boss85

Davidson was not one of the officials. Ernie Murray was one of them. The first technical was for being outside the box. I didn't like it. He was not WAY out and was not going nuts at all. As we all know, after the first T the coach has to stay seated. The officials actually ignored him standing up after that a few times but he only got up for short periods of time. Then he stood up and was yelling at one of his players and the little short official gave him his second T and he was ejected. I don't like referees being a deciding factor in this way but Gross kind of brings some of that on himself.  He should have kept his butt in the chair. Thumbs down to the referees on this one.

RedWolf275

Quote from: boss85 on February 20, 2019, 10:36:04 pm
Davidson was not one of the officials. Ernie Murray was one of them. The first technical was for being outside the box. I didn't like it. He was not WAY out and was not going nuts at all. As we all know, after the first T the coach has to stay seated. The officials actually ignored him standing up after that a few times but he only got up for short periods of time. Then he stood up and was yelling at one of his players and the little short official gave him his second T and he was ejected. I don't like referees being a deciding factor in this way but Gross kind of brings some of that on himself.  He should have kept his butt in the chair. Thumbs down to the referees on this one.

Nice recap of what actually happened Boss85! I'd say giving a guy a 2nd T for getting out of his chair in a 1 point game with 2 minutes left is lousy officiating, especially if he was talking to players. You got to watch these little short refs, some of them have a chip on their shoulder.

J12

I don't agree with it either BUT as a head coach you CAN NOT cost your players a chance to win the game and that's exactly what he did.

Dude can not show any restraint. It's crazy.

Those players played a great game and deserved the chance to decide it on the court and not on the sideline.

J12

And quit with the officiating complaints. They call the game within the rule book and people get mad.  They don't call fouls (within the rules) people get mad.   

You can't have it both ways.

If you're asking them to show restraint there, then don't complain when they don't call a reach in foul that's a foul.

Bulldog92

is It true that Brookland only shot two free throws the entire ballgame??  Those came after a Brookland player took a charge and the Mills player said something to the ref?? Just wondering because if that is true then Mills players are very well controlled in an uptempo man to man defense where they are in your face the entire game and that is very unusual for high school kids!! 

J12

Quote from: Bulldog92 on February 21, 2019, 08:32:30 am
is It true that Brookland only shot two free throws the entire ballgame??  Those came after a Brookland player took a charge and the Mills player said something to the ref?? Just wondering because if that is true then Mills players are very well controlled in an uptempo man to man defense where they are in your face the entire game and that is very unusual for high school kids!!

Brookland played the perfect game to beat Mills. They shot well, played hard, and had a chance, leading the game with under 3:00 to go.

They had an 8 point lead in the 4th quarter!

Please. Please. Don't blame the refs here. Not a good look.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas