• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Booneville at County line

Started by CLSRFAN, February 06, 2019, 08:11:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CLSRFAN

Booneville at County line friday night who you got?

OLDSCHOOL82

HorseFeathers

County line win 53-50 in overtime

Ctucker

Well Boonville is not a contender in 3A

beach bum

February 08, 2019, 09:09:05 pm #4 Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 09:29:09 pm by beach bum
Quote from: Ctucker on February 08, 2019, 09:07:28 pm
Well Boonville is not a contender in 3A

Why? I have seen a year where the state champ in 5A and 6A lost to a 2A team in which that 2A team was bounced in their first round of state. Basketball is not football, you can't overreact to one game. Second, if you are not local to that area of the state you don't have a clue how hyped County Line probably went into that game. County Line probably played that game like it was their "de facto state title game" with the chance to knock of its larger neighbor to the south.

If you are basing it off more than just one game, I'm willing to listen. But to just dismiss a team off of one bad performance out of months of quality, body of work that is not a good idea. Again as stated above, basketball is not football where one game shows a teams overall worth more. Heck in 4A in the River Valley, Dover is awful in last place and 2 of their 3 conference wins are over the top 2 teams in the conference, and one of which has a small chance to make a run to the title game. Weird things happen in basketball and I will take body of work in month's over just 1 off night.

And last of all.... A bunch of quality teams tonight on what was probably senior night in a packed and I am sure loud, crazy Friday atmosphere would have left County Line with a loss tonight. Just dismissing Booneville cause they lost to a 1A school does not give County Line the credit it deserves. Winning at County Line is no walk in the park especially under the circumstances.

beach bum

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 08, 2019, 08:54:43 pm
County line win 53-50 in overtime

Were you at that game or know how it went down? Was CL hot from the three point line, Booneville turnovers, or Booneville foul trouble? Cause that is a little bit shocking though.

Ctucker

Quote from: beach bum on February 08, 2019, 09:09:05 pm
Why? I have seen a year where the state champ in 5A and 6A lost to a 2A team in which that 2A team was bounced in their first round of state. Basketball is not football, you can't overreact to one game. Second, if you are not local to that area of the state you don't have a clue how hyped County Line probably went into that game. County Line probably played that game like it was their "de facto state title game" with the chance to knock of its larger neighbor to the south.

If you are basing it off more than just one game, I'm willing to listen. But to just dismiss a team off of one bad performance out of months of quality, body of work that is not a good idea. Again as stated above, basketball is not football where one game shows a teams overall worth more. Heck in 4A in the River Valley, Dover is awful and 2 of their 3 conference wins are over the top 2 teams in the conference. Weird things happen in basketball and I will take body of work in month's over just 1 off night.

And last of all.... A bunch of quality teams tonight on what was probably senior night in a packed and I am sure loud, crazy Friday atmosphere would have left County Line with a loss tonight. Just dismissing Booneville cause they lost to a 1A school does not give County Line the credit it deserves. Winning at County Line is no walk in the park especially under the circumstances.
how much you want to bet that boonville doe not win 3a just pm me we will work out details!

beach bum

Quote from: Ctucker on February 08, 2019, 09:23:36 pm
how much you want to bet that boonville doe not win 3a just pm me we will work out details!

I am not saying that. Just saying overreacting to this one game is not a good idea. And we all know Baptist Prep is the heavy favorite in 3A. But to think Booneville can't go on to state and win a game or two just cause this one loss isn't true.

Ctucker

Quote from: beach bum on February 08, 2019, 09:26:58 pm

I am not saying that. Just saying overreacting to this one game is not a good idea. And we all know Baptist Prep is the heavy favorite in 3A. But to think Booneville can't go on to state and win a game or two just cause this one loss isn't true.
I agree they could win a game with right draw but they are not a contender and not just prep! Harding, Tuckerman and a few others would thrash them! Manila too I almost forgot!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on February 08, 2019, 09:17:39 pm

Were you at that game or know how it went down? Was CL hot from the three point line, Booneville turnovers, or Booneville foul trouble? Cause that is a little bit shocking though.

Follow Chuck Hayes on Twitter...Booneville led by 2 at the half, 4 after 3 and lost by 3 after OT....that's all the details I have for you

Bearcatpride

Quote from: Ctucker on February 08, 2019, 09:30:36 pm
I agree they could win a game with right draw but they are not a contender and not just prep! Harding, Tuckerman and a few others would thrash them! Manila too I almost forgot!

Let's see Booneville gets beat at 1A County Line by 3 pts in overtime yet they arent a contender. But you say that they would get Trashed by Tuckerman who at 1A Izard County had their rear ends handed to them by 36pts?

Let's see--- Izard County #1 in class 1A
                    County Line #4 in Class 1A

Maybe you need to get out of your little cave and watch some of these teams play before judging them on a 1 game performance.

Head Lion

ICC has 1 Division 1 played & a D 2 player not a good comparison.

Bearcatpride

Quote from: Head Lion on February 09, 2019, 01:29:58 am

So we're going to make that an excuse for Tuckerman being able to whip Booneville?  I guess everyone else in 3A has perfect records and haven't lost any games to ranked opponents much less non ranked?

Jump shot

Quote from: Bearcatpride on February 09, 2019, 02:07:31 am
So we're going to make that an excuse for Tuckerman being able to whip Booneville?  I guess everyone else in 3A has perfect records and haven't lost any games to ranked opponents much less non ranked?
Agree with Headlion more 3A schools would get clocked by ICC at ICC than beat by County Line! Boonville would give Tuckerman problems though because of their size
but Tuckerman has overcome that before just ask Batesville Southide last year!

bobcats

Quote from: Bearcatpride on February 08, 2019, 11:15:26 pm
Let's see Booneville gets beat at 1A County Line by 3 pts in overtime yet they arent a contender. But you say that they would get Trashed by Tuckerman who at 1A Izard County had their rear ends handed to them by 36pts?

Maybe you need to get out of your little cave and watch some of these teams play before judging them on a 1 game performance.

ICC would be the favorite to win against any team in 1A,2A or 3A.  That includes BP.

Bearcatpride

Quote from: bobcats on February 09, 2019, 07:30:11 am
ICC would be the favorite to win against any team in 1A,2A or 3A.  That includes BP.

I have nothing against ICC, they are a great team.  I'm just using their game with tuckerman as an example.

LRRandy

Quote from: bobcats on February 09, 2019, 07:30:11 am
ICC would be the favorite to win against any team in 1A,2A or 3A. That includes BP.
it's awfully early in the morning to be drunk.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Head Lion on February 09, 2019, 01:29:58 am

2 D1 players, or did I hear wrong that Faulkner we offered by Arkansas State?

Flobbito

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 09, 2019, 08:11:49 am
2 D1 players, or did I hear wrong that Faulkner we offered by Arkansas State?

Two D 1 players, and I wouldn't be surprised if they had a third play at the next level as well. Faulkner is the best on the team IMO.

Jump shot

Quote from: LRRandy on February 09, 2019, 08:05:13 am
Have you watched ICC play?

beach bum

Jump shot

Quote from: beach bum on February 09, 2019, 02:48:24 pm
Have you watched Isaac Mcbride play?
Yes and obviously very very good but all I was trying to point out is that if you have seen both TEAMS (ICC and BP) play one would not have to be drunk to think ICC could be favored in that match up!

bobcats

February 09, 2019, 05:23:26 pm #22 Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 05:27:21 pm by bobcats
Quote from: LRRandy on February 09, 2019, 08:05:13 am

ICC played a tough non conference schedule including beating 6A Harber by 30, 5A Pine Bluff and whipping  2 high quality 3A teams, Tuckerman and Clinton by 35.

Head Lion

Let's just say this AB & ICC are both VERY good teams, but neither wants any of Manila. 🤷🏼‍♂️

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on February 09, 2019, 02:48:24 pm
Have you watched Isaac Mcbride play?

I've seen McBride....and he's best player in the state, easily....buuuut assuming the kids at ICC have developed they are better players than McBride has around him...Just my opinion tho

biglion1985

Head Lion you know that's not true lol

Ctucker

Quote from: Bearcatpride on February 08, 2019, 11:15:26 pm

Maybe you need to get out of your little cave and watch some of these teams play before judging them on a 1 game performance.  I don't live in a cave go get you some of ICC, Tuckerman or Harding then get back with me!

Ctucker

There is a big gap between ICC and county line a very big gap

Head Lion

Quote from: Ctucker on February 09, 2019, 06:21:41 pm
There is a big gap between ICC and county line a very big gap
I think enormous would be fair.

Ctucker

Quote from: Head Lion on February 09, 2019, 07:00:37 pm
I think enormous would be fair.
Head Lion I don't mean to leave y'all out when I mention Tuckerman or Harding y'all are right there with them they are just more familiar to me! I think 3a will be a real good Tourney this year! I know BP is a big favorite but should be great tourney!

Head Lion

Quote from: Ctucker on February 09, 2019, 07:06:25 pm
Head Lion I don't mean to leave y'all out when I mention Tuckerman or Harding y'all are right there with them they are just more familiar to me! I think 3a will be a real good Tourney this year! I know BP is a big favorite but should be great tourney!
No problem man, best of luck to all & everyone stay injury free.

1-Adam-12

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 08, 2019, 09:51:29 pm
Follow Chuck Hayes on Twitter...Booneville led by 2 at the half, 4 after 3 and lost by 3 after OT....that's all the details I have for you

Booneville had an off game from the 3 point line, and County Line was cold too initially but got hot when it counted at the very end.  That is a very good Class A team and tough to beat especially at home.  They hit the shots when it counted, Booneville did not.  Turnovers and fouls were not a factor.  Made free throws on the fouls were:  County Line was 10/11, Booneville 5/8.   

Hopefully this is a wake up call for the Bearcats as they head into the district tournament.

RamblinRazorWreck

Jonesboro Westside beat ICC, and some of you would pick ICC over Baptist Prep?  ::) 

That is not a slap at Westside or ICC... it makes me worry about you guys ever paying off those gambling debts.   :)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas