• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4-4A Standings as of 02-06-19

Started by Gray lizard, February 06, 2019, 08:02:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Gray lizard

February 06, 2019, 08:02:19 am Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 11:25:36 am by Gray lizard
Boys
                               Conf                Over all
Pottsville                  11-2                 20-4
Dardanelle                 9-4                  21-5
Morrilton                    9-4                  15-10
Ozark                        7-6                   14-10
Dover                        5-8                   12-13
Subiaco                     4-9                    12-12
Clarksville                  4-9                    7-18         
Heber Springs             3-10                   8-17

Girls
                                 Conf                 Over all
Pottsville                    9-2                    15-8
Morrliton                    9-3                    18-6
Clarsville                    8-3                    19-7
Heber Springs             5-6                    12-10
Ozark                         4-7                    12-14
Dardanelle                 3-8                     10-14
Dover                        1-10                    8-16

LRRandy

Pottsville continues to crank out good teams in both girls and boys.

HorseFeathers

Guessing you don't have a score for Clarksville/subiaco?

Gray lizard

Quote from: LRRandy on February 06, 2019, 09:35:56 am
Pottsville continues to crank out good teams in both girls and boys.
The boys have a deep team this year.  They are a very good team.  Question is are they good enough to win over the best couple at the top. I feel they can compete and hope for a break and a little luck along the way.
The girls are pretty good and I love to watch them play, but they have several week areas.  Not sure they will get out of region.  If a team has a big tall girl in the paint it presents them a lot of trouble.

Gray lizard

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 06, 2019, 10:04:30 am
Guessing you don't have a score for Clarksville/subiaco?
You are correct. Not even listed on Maxpreps.

beach bum

Thank you for updating these through the year

HSfan

I believe Subiaco beat Clarksville 66-39.

Go Postal

I need a little bit of clarification on 4-A.  After each district tournament, does 4A-4 play 4A-1 in Regional?

Man, about the time I finally get the 4A scheme of things, they'll have another classification change and move us back to 5-A. :-X

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Go Postal on February 06, 2019, 10:54:51 am
I need a little bit of clarification on 4-A.  After each district tournament, does 4A-4 play 4A-1?

Man, about the time I finally get the 4A scheme of things, they'll have another classification change and move us back to 5-A. :-X

Y'all had it to easy in 5a....But I believe thats right, top 4 from each district move on to Region tournament. Top 4 from region move on to state.

RamblinRazorWreck

Quote from: Gray lizard on February 06, 2019, 10:12:30 am
The boys have a deep team this year.  They are a very good team.  Question is are they good enough to win over the best couple at the top. I feel they can compete and hope for a break and a little luck along the way.
The girls are pretty good and I love to watch them play, but they have several week areas.  Not sure they will get out of region.  If a team has a big tall girl in the paint it presents them a lot of trouble.

I have seen almost all of the top 4A teams this year, and it is my opinion that the Pottsville boys could very well be the 2nd best team.  So, I think they can make a deep run, if they play their game and don't get sucked into an uptempo affair.  Mills is, of course, the Elephant in the room.

Gray lizard

Quote from: RamblinRazorWreck on February 06, 2019, 11:32:00 am

I have seen almost all of the top 4A teams this year, and it is my opinion that the Pottsville boys could very well be the 2nd best team.  So, I think they can make a deep run, if they play their game and don't get sucked into an uptempo affair.  Mills is, of course, the Elephant in the room.
So you are thinking like i am.  There is a chance.  Kind of like I can not understand how in the world Pottsville lost that early game to Clarksville.  I did not get to go to that game.  When watching the two teams warm up at Pottsville I thought now way this game should even be close and it was not.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Gray lizard on February 06, 2019, 11:40:28 am
So you are thinking like i am.  There is a chance.  Kind of like I can not understand how in the world Pottsville lost that early game to Clarksville.  I did not get to go to that game.  When watching the two teams warm up at Pottsville I thought now way this game should even be close and it was not.

Didn't dover beat them too?

mountainman

Subiaco did beat Clarkville 66 - 39.

Gray lizard

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 06, 2019, 12:57:41 pm
I did not see that game either. It was at Dover.  Dover plays at Pottsville Friday. Three of the 4 losses I did not get to go to.

Livewire

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 06, 2019, 12:57:41 pm

Yes 53-52 at Dover on 1/11
expect P'ville to blow them out this Friday at Pottsville for the rematch

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Livewire on February 06, 2019, 01:18:56 pm
Yes 53-52 at Dover on 1/11
expect P'ville to blow them out this Friday at Pottsville for the rematch

After what I've seen the two times I've watched Dover, I don't understand how Morrilton or Pottsville lost to them

Gray lizard

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 06, 2019, 01:30:03 pm
After what I've seen the two times I've watched Dover, I don't understand how Morrilton or Pottsville lost to them
I know that is the very reason they play the games and why I love basketball so much.

friscokid

Have they come out with the blank district bracket yet?

Sigmund Sauer

That concludes the regular season.
Pottsville 67
Dover 31

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas