• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Foreman

Started by Partsman, February 04, 2019, 07:24:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Partsman

Hope they move Adriann Ivory up to head coach.

i40traveler

Tough joh for whoever takes over

Redzone

I think everyone is hoping for that! Definitely would be the best move. The kids respect him a lot.

Redzone

It's official. Ivory is the new head coach.

JackofallTrades

What makes Foreman a tough job?

beach bum

Quote from: JackofallTrades on February 04, 2019, 08:03:51 pm

Well tell us what Foreman did before Batey ever played for the school? That might give you a little more of a view into the crystal ball of where they may be headed.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: beach bum on February 04, 2019, 08:16:03 pm

Well tell us what Foreman did before Batey ever played for the school? That might give you a little more of a view into the crystal ball of where they may be headed.
exactly 

stuck in between

Congrats to both King and Ivory. In most peoples opinion Ivory is getting the opportunity he earned by leading one of the stingiest defenses in class 2A the last two years. I would also like to give kudos to the school board for not making this a dog and pony show and dragging out what was a easy decision. I believe it will be a smooth transition and Ivory will add stability to the program that it was missing under King. As far as it being a tough job no, Foreman is no Junction City where a state championship is expected every year, but with the foundation that has been laid there is no reason why they should not compete for one of the top three spots in the conference on an yearly basis.

couch-coach06

They will compete for conference championships the next two years and then cycle through some lean years like most 2a programs do . Ivory owns a small farm between foreman and ashdown and once told me the head coach at foreman was his dream job .. I think the stability will be great for the program . With that type of stability even the down years shouldn't be as bad as years past .. also congrats too coach king I hope he is successful at magnolia and as a fan I will be eternally grateful for what he brought too foreman over the past 3 years

i40traveler

13-74 in the previous 9 years before Kyren Batey. Foreman is a tough job. But i think they'll still be competitive for a few years.

Katdaddy

I guess that will open up an assistant job at Foreman!

Wantobe

King did great things for Foreman and will likely do well at Magnolia. Batey is a remarkable football player that helped to put Foreman on the map. That being said, Ivory has been neck deep in this organization for the past two years and a lot of those players that surrounded Batey will return. It will not be a shock if Foreman doesn't do as well as last year, but hopefully this will be a start to a program that will provide consistency to the players and parents that the Gators have wanted for a long time now.

Katdaddy

Congrats to Coach Ivory.. Foreman getting a heck of a guy and good football coach as well !!

Dragon I

Quote from: couch-coach06 on February 04, 2019, 08:47:46 pm
They will compete for conference championships the next two years and then cycle through some lean years like most 2a programs do . Ivory owns a small farm between foreman and ashdown and once told me the head coach at foreman was his dream job .. I think the stability will be great for the program . With that type of stability even the down years shouldn't be as bad as years past .. also congrats too coach king I hope he is successful at magnolia and as a fan I will be eternally grateful for what he brought too foreman over the past 3 years

What are these lean years you speak of?..........

I kid, I kid.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: Dragon I on February 05, 2019, 12:57:59 pm
What are these lean years you speak of?..........

I kid, I kid.

No seriously what are they??

Eslim03

Thank you coach king on three great years at foreman. Good luck to you in your next position I hope you have continued success. I'm pleased that we will be keeping coach Ivory on as athletic director and head football coach. Foreman's defense will be stout again next season and not sure what our offense will look like but we only lose one lineman and return a lot of skill guys. We will miss Batey duh but the gators return a lot of talent. Look for foreman to contend in the 7 for sure.

THA TRUTH

Lol at thinking foreman had a stout Defense

stuck in between

Quote from: THA TRUTH on February 06, 2019, 02:41:26 pm
Lol at thinking foreman had a stout Defense

Over the past two years at Foreman as the DC the Gators have given up an average of 12.8 ppg with 8 shut outs. This is including the Smackover game that as far as stats go really doesn't count.

THA TRUTH

And u saw what happened once they played someone worth anything

Partsman

Quote from: THA TRUTH on February 07, 2019, 01:14:51 pm
And u saw what happened once they played someone worth anything
I saw them win a State Championship during that time.

THA TRUTH

Lucky them AAA messed up

couch-coach06

HorseFeathers

It's awesome how some junction City fans still don't understand that running down the teams they beat takeaway from their own accomplishments

THA TRUTH

Hazen was good..... just had to go through the lower teams first

scrapdig

Quote from: JackofallTrades on February 04, 2019, 08:03:51 pm
In two years Foreman is about to be really bad in all sports.  The JH is the worst I've seen it. 

stuck in between

April 23, 2019, 09:59:02 am #25 Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 10:00:47 am by stuck in between
I do not follow basketball closely at all, but I've heard that the head boy's coach has decided to pursue other interest outside of coaching. If this is true with Ivory taking the head coaching job this is leaving a couple of spots open and spring ball is getting closer every day. Had either of these positions been filled?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas