• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Regional Final Fours - Girls

Started by yesteryearman, February 03, 2019, 02:53:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

yesteryearman

Here it is

Region 1

Alpena vs Kingston
Scranton vs Jasper

1.  Alpena
2.  Jasper
3.  Kingston
4.  Scranton

Region 2

Norfork vs Omaha
ICC vs Viola

1.  Norfork
2.  Viola
3.  Omaha
4.  ICC

Region 3

Wonderview vs Concord
WSGF vs MVE

1.  Wonderview
2.  MVE
3.  Concord
4.  WSGF

Region 4

Kirby vs Blevins
Emerson vs Caddo Hills

1.  Kirby
2.  Emerson
3.  Caddo Hills
4.  Blevins

Bomberman

Who does everyone have winning it all?  Before the big injury I would have picked Norfork and they may still do it. I guess more than anything, I want to see a school in Baxter County get a basketball title, it has been a pretty good drought. Lol.  My pick right now is Alpena. Maybe not the popular pick but they are solid. This really could be a wide open state tournament.

Bears_94

February 04, 2019, 02:54:22 pm #2 Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 03:05:20 pm by Bears_94
Quote from: Bomberman on February 04, 2019, 12:46:41 pm
Who does everyone have winning it all?  Before the big injury I would have picked Norfork and they may still do it. I guess more than anything, I want to see a school in Baxter County get a basketball title, it has been a pretty good drought. Lol.  My pick right now is Alpena. Maybe not the popular pick but they are solid. This really could be a wide open state tournament.

One injury and you are writing Norfork off? One player isn't effecting that team from what I've seen. How many have you watched since the injury? If Alpena plays dirty like always ya they may take it but I'm not counting Norfork out. They can do it without that player. I would like ICC girls to make a run they are better than people think. Since it's at their place stranger things have happened.

Bomberman

I am absolutely not counting Norfork out. I believe they can still win it and I really want to see them win it all. I am just being realistic. They are talented and I like Coach Laymon. I just dont have them as my prohibitive favorite at this point. They have a very very short bench with virtually no production. I have watched at minimum 15 games this season and after the first five they are severely limited. The injury is huge, not only from the depth perspective but the leadership she brought to the team. She was a weapon on both ends of the court . Just from the way I see it they are an injury, ejection or a starter fouling out away from elimination. I will still be there at district, regionals and state rooting them on. I just think the gap closed for the 1a girls and a whole bunch of teams are now in contention.

HorseFeathers

Motownsportsfan

I still like Wonderview. Don't know how it's gonna shake out but was told if both win regionals then They will be on same side as Norfork. I hope so. Would be a great early matchup

Majorpain

That's incorrect if they win their regions.

Majorpain

February 04, 2019, 08:23:58 pm #7 Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 08:28:58 pm by Majorpain
I'll agree to disagree on the bench. I watched one drain four three pointers the other night. The sophomores are doing well in my opinion. They have a bigger role and they seem to be doing well the games I've watched. They also have four freshmen coming up and  they will be huge on defense.

Bomberman

Quote from: Majorpain on February 04, 2019, 08:23:58 pm
I'll agree to disagree on the bench. I watched one drain four three pointers the other night. The sophomores are doing well in my opinion. They have a bigger role and they seem to be doing well the games I've watched. They also have four freshmen coming up and  they will be huge on defense.
All three sophomore girls who don't start can shoot the ball very well, I am not denying that. They just need to get the confidence to let that thing fly, and it sounds like one of them finally started shooting the other night. Let's hope they can fill the void and make a deep run.

Bears_94

Bomberman

I guess my pick of Alpena has a better chance than Norfork at this point. Rural was on their game tonight and looked solid. I still think the girls side is up for grabs.

Motownsportsfan

I thought it would be and all district 5. Guess just 3 out of 4. Dog eat dog world in that conference

Motownsportsfan

District 5 in girls ain't no joke.

Bomberman

Quote from: Bomberman on February 04, 2019, 12:46:41 pm
And it wont be Alpena. Lol. Rural Special looked really good again.

ballmember

The girls from the 1A-5 Conference will win it all !    Rural Special on way to finals are from 1a-5 conference and Wonderview and Concord, both 1A-5 conference will play tonight for a chance to go.  Been a dogfight all year with MVE advancing to state also.    Another good girls team didn't get to make it to regionals since only 4 can go.   

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas