• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brookland at Westside 1/29

Started by J12, January 28, 2019, 01:10:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

J12

Last conference game at home for Westside and it feels like they've hit their stride somewhat as of late. Brookland has played well too.

Westside looking for their 10th straight win against the Bearcats. Through all of the physical play and many matchups, Bobby Gross has yet to beat a team that had Avery Felts apart of it.

NEA Razorback olfan

I believe it should be a good game

whsbballfan

It will be a good game and honestly,  all of the other previous games will have no bearing on this one.  Brookland plays very well defensively and will cause Westside some problems.  Gonna be decided by who shoots it better in my opinion.

J12

I have a feeling Westside wins. And wins big...

Mustang_4

I have a feeling your probably right

NEA Razorback olfan

cannon

What's the scooooooooorrrreeee?????

Y'all aren't doing a very good job of keeping a brother in the loop.

TheSpecial

Quote from: cannon on January 29, 2019, 08:14:01 pm
What's the scooooooooorrrreeee?????

Y'all aren't doing a very good job of keeping a brother in the loop.

Warrior Dome notorious for bad reception

J12

Brookland wins. Hats off to them. Played great.

Westside was up 2 with the ball late and couldn't close it out.

J12

cannon

What was the final?  HAD to be close!  Don't really care who won, but I'm super jealous that I missed what I can only assume was a barn burner.

LRRandy

Quote from: J12 on January 29, 2019, 08:56:32 pm
Brookland wins. Hats off to them. Played great.

Westside was up 2 with the ball late and couldn't close it out.
oh my.

J12

56-52 Brookland.

Brookland ended the game on 8-0 run. They overcame a lot. Down 2 late after leading all game with their PG fouling out with over 2:00 to play.

Most people I've seen in that gym. I've seen district finals there, seen Michelson's state championship teams play VV there, nothing like tonight.

It never got chippy, both teams played hard. Did see some adults near Brookland's bench mouth Felts some, but nothing bad.

Sigmund Sauer

cannon

Quote from: J12 on January 29, 2019, 09:25:21 pm

It never got chippy, both teams played hard. Did see some adults near Brookland's bench mouth Felts some, but nothing bad.

That kid's got broad shoulders. No excuse for fans going at him, but you know he has to be used to it at this point.

Congrats to the Bearcats, and even more so to the fans from both sides that got to witness the showdown. Wish I'd have been there.

LRRandy

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on January 29, 2019, 09:25:51 pm
;D ;D I thought you might show up on this one!
Quote from: J12 on January 28, 2019, 03:24:51 pm
I have a feeling Westside wins. And wins big...
almost compelled to with such failed  braggadocio.

J12

Quote from: cannon on January 29, 2019, 09:33:48 pm
That kid's got broad shoulders. No excuse for fans going at him, but you know he has to be used to it at this point.

Congrats to the Bearcats, and even more so to the fans from both sides that got to witness the showdown. Wish I'd have been there.

It wasn't bad by the fans. Most HS players won't get to play in front of an atmosphere like tonight.  Believe it was Westide's first loss at home in a few years too.

NEA Razorback olfan

Great win tonight for Brookland at The Warrior dome.
The place was rocking tonight. Brookland led 34-28 at half.
Soncom media streamed it on Facebook

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas