• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Round 3!

Started by Woodrow1, January 25, 2019, 06:05:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodrow1

ICC vs Calico Rock, Saturday night in the finals of
The Izard County Tournament. These teams could play 2-3 more times after this.

jeremiahjohnson

ICC by 15, pretty weak schedule for CR

Woodrow1

Quote from: jeremiahjohnson on January 25, 2019, 02:08:03 pm
ICC by 15, pretty weak schedule for CR

That's probably about right on the score.  Calico has played them closer and better than anyone around though. Izard County is better at almost all positions. Every player in ICC would start for calico. And calico has one that might start for ICC.

Sports Loser

I really like the athletic guard for Calico but ICC is loaded.  Cooper and Company a lot to handle

Woodrow1

Quote from: Sports Loser on January 25, 2019, 06:20:14 pm
I really like the athletic guard for Calico but ICC is loaded.  Cooper and Company a lot to handle

Or Lil Frosty and company...

hogheaven11

Whitaker would start for ICC over Tharp

Woodrow1

FoxandHound34

I got ICC 20+, should be a preview of the state tourney atmosphere. Place will be rocking and Izard will be rollin

Oxford Cat

Buckets

Quote from: hogheaven11 on January 25, 2019, 07:00:57 pm
Whitaker would start for ICC over Tharp

Breaking my silence to disagree with you here.

Calico played well tonight, didn't figure it would be nearly as close as it was.

FoxandHound34

Close?? almost a 40 point win lol

waterboyh20

Tharp is a stud. ICC was impressive last night.

hogheaven11

Whitaker would start over 2 of them IMO. ICC is very impressive and will roll come tourney time

waterboyh20

Quote from: hogheaven11 on January 27, 2019, 09:24:45 am
Whitaker would start over 2 of them IMO. ICC is very impressive and will roll come tourney time

Agree to disagree.

D6Bound

Woodrow1

Quote from: Oxford Cat on January 26, 2019, 09:38:37 pm
83-47 ICC

I have said all year long that ICC will not get beat by a class 1A school. If they do it will be there own fault.

D6Bound

Quote from: Woodrow1 on January 27, 2019, 11:44:28 am
I have said all year long that ICC will not get beat by a class 1A school. If they do it will be there own fault.
Very true. Good luck on round 4...If there is one.

Oxford Cat

It's a testament to how good ICC is that it's even debatable whether the best player in the conference not a cougar could start for the Cougars.

D6Bound

Quote from: Oxford Cat on January 27, 2019, 01:03:45 pm
It's a testament to how good ICC is that it's even debatable whether the best player in the conference not a cougar could start for the Cougars.
Big facts from the Cat.

Woodrow1

Quote from: Oxford Cat on January 27, 2019, 01:03:45 pm

They are VERY good, but I don't think this is debatable.

yesteryearman

Quote from: Woodrow1 on January 27, 2019, 11:44:28 am

No doubt ICC is best team......I've seen Nevada and Dermott, very athletic and Dermott has a legit 6'5" post, Nevada has 6'7" soph center......but ICC has three over 6'4", two of them D-1 talent.....still,   Nevada or Dermott could possibly make ICC have to work a little bit.....have also seen Kirby I will go out on a limb and say that of the three, Kirby, being much less athletic, still could play ICC closer than Nevada or Dermott.....they are always extremely well coached and can surround 3 point line with excellent shooters.....but, maybe this is all wishful thinking for a competitive tournament......very likely ICC will win all three games at ICC by 20+.......maybe someone could give them a game at Hot Springs.....

D6Bound

January 27, 2019, 05:09:56 pm #22 Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 06:11:31 pm by D6Bound
Quote from: yesteryearman on January 27, 2019, 05:05:14 pm
No doubt ICC is best team......I've seen Nevada and Dermott, very athletic and Dermott has a legit 6'5" post, Nevada has 6'7" soph center......but ICC has three over 6'4", two of them D-1 talent.....still,   Nevada or Dermott could possibly make ICC have to work a little bit.....have also seen Kirby I will go out on a limb and say that of the three, Kirby, being much less athletic, still could play ICC closer than Nevada or Dermott.....they are always extremely well coached and can surround 3 point line with excellent shooters.....but, maybe this is all wishful thinking for a competitive tournament......very likely ICC will win all three games at ICC by 20+.......maybe someone could give them a game at Hot Springs.....
In my honest opinion I think Dermott is the second best team in Class A and I think they're ten points or better than the third best team in 1A, whoever that may be, kinda feel like it's mainly opinions for who's third. I've also not seen Kirby this year either but from what I've seen Dermott and ICC are above everyone else in this classification.

Baller_34

Quote from: D6Bound on January 27, 2019, 05:09:56 pm
In my honest opinion I think Dermott is the second best team in Class A and I think they're ten points or better than the third best team in 1A, whoever that may be, kinda feel like it's mainly opinions for who's third. I've also not seen Kirby this year either but from what I've seen Dermott and ICC are above everyone else in this classification.

Right on

thebigman3

Quote from: yesteryearman on January 27, 2019, 05:05:14 pm
it also helps when ICC has a 20 year old junior as well..

BlueBird4Life

Quote from: thebigman3 on January 28, 2019, 08:05:05 am
it also helps when ICC has a 20 year old junior as well..

They have a very good redshirt program!!

yesteryearman

Quote from: BlueBird4Life on January 28, 2019, 09:14:22 am
They have a very good redshirt program!!

What is the story behind the story on this?

D6Bound

January 28, 2019, 09:40:40 am #27 Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 09:44:49 am by D6Bound
Quote from: yesteryearman on January 28, 2019, 09:26:59 am
What is the story behind the story on this?
When you win, some of the losers have to make sorry excuses and false claims on why they don't win and you do. Typical life lesson eh?

Sports Loser

Quote from: D6Bound on January 28, 2019, 09:40:40 am
When you win, some of the losers have to make sorry excuses and false claims on why they don't win and you do. Typical life lesson eh?
I am a fan of ICC I do not know the exact age but heard he got a medical redshirt due to an injury and was held back a different year also.  Must be what they are talking about.  Someone at the Jonesboro tournament told me that he could've graduated last year.  I don't know that for facts though just heard a group of people discussing it

D6Bound

January 28, 2019, 10:19:54 am #29 Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 01:07:48 pm by D6Bound
Quote from: Sports Loser on January 28, 2019, 10:13:05 am
I am a fan of ICC I do not know the exact age but heard he got a medical redshirt due to an injury and was held back a different year also.  Must be what they are talking about.  Someone at the Jonesboro tournament told me that he could've graduated last year.  I don't know that for facts though just heard a group of people discussing it
I've explained it on a older thread what happened to Cooper. He had hip surgery his true freshman year before season started and that kept him out all season. Before the surgery he was playing summer camps with the Sr Boys and had full intention of playing that year before the surgery. He turned 18 recently so technically speaking even if he never got held back, he'd still be playing this year. Also a 20 year old cant play high school sports so whoever said this is either trolling or doesn't know anything about what they're talking about.

Edit: I need to clarify this a little better...he repeated 8th grade so he didn't have to sit out as a freshman because he knew he was going to have surgery before the school year started.

D6Bound

Basically, it's a year too early to complain about ICC "redshirting" their studs. Because they'd all be playing together this year regardless of their true grade.

Flobbito

Quote from: D6Bound on January 28, 2019, 10:23:55 am
Basically, it's a year too early to complain about ICC "redshirting" their studs. Because they'd all be playing together this year regardless of their true grade.

It is what it is with Cooper, he ain't going away for another year so we gotta suck it up and play. To me though, Faulkner is the biggest matchup problem. Anyone big enough to guard him is to slow and anyone quick enough is too little.

BlueBird4Life

Quote from: Flobbito on January 28, 2019, 10:29:23 am
It is what it is with Cooper, he ain't going away for another year so we gotta suck it up and play. To me though, Faulkner is the biggest matchup problem. Anyone big enough to guard him is to slow and anyone quick enough is too little.

After seeing them for the first time this week I agree with this statement.  Faulkner causes major mismatch problems.   They are just an all around solid team.  Only downfall may be there isn't much bench.  So, if foul trouble presents itself, then you might see a weakness.  Also, I have never seen anyone take a medical redshirt in high school.  Most injuries, you just lose that season, you don't set out of school for the year. 

D6Bound

Quote from: Flobbito on January 28, 2019, 10:29:23 am
It honestly varies from team to team. Both of the players have unique and special traits that we seldom see in 1A, I think it just comes down to opinions and matchups for which of the two is deadlier. The Everett kid (#14) doesn't get talked about as much but he's had multiple 20+ point games against teams like Har-Ber and PA. And I wanna say he had some really good games at the Hurricane Classic too.

D6Bound

January 28, 2019, 10:50:10 am #34 Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 11:01:01 am by D6Bound
Quote from: BlueBird4Life on January 28, 2019, 10:40:33 am
After seeing them for the first time this week I agree with this statement.  Faulkner causes major mismatch problems.   They are just an all around solid team.  Only downfall may be there isn't much bench.  So, if foul trouble presents itself, then you might see a weakness.  Also, I have never seen anyone take a medical redshirt in high school.  Most injuries, you just lose that season, you don't set out of school for the year.
He knew he was gonna have the surgery before summer was over. So he had a choice to waste an entire year or repeat a grade, not a very hard choice to make when you're an athlete...And ICC has a point guard #4 (Orf) who comes off the bench that would probably start for any other 1A team this year.

Flobbito

Quote from: D6Bound on January 28, 2019, 10:41:13 am
It honestly varies from team to team. Both of the players have unique and special traits that we seldom see in 1A, I think it just comes down to opinions and matchups for which of the two is deadlier. The Everett kid (#14) doesn't get talked about as much but he's had multiple 20+ point games against teams like Har-Ber and PA. And I wanna say he had some really good games at the Hurricane Classic too.

Is #14 the 3 point shooter?  I couldn't remember his number, but yeah, I noticed him too.

D6Bound

Quote from: Flobbito on January 28, 2019, 11:01:31 am
Is #14 the 3 point shooter?  I couldn't remember his number, but yeah, I noticed him too.
Yes. I personally think he's a top player in 1A as well.

BlueBird4Life

Quote from: D6Bound on January 28, 2019, 10:50:10 am
He knew he was gonna have the surgery before summer was over. So he had a choice to waste an entire year or repeat a grade, not a very hard choice to make when you're an athlete...And ICC has a point guard #4 (Orf) who comes off the bench that would probably start for any other 1A team this year.

I just can't recall seeing any player do that before?

D6Bound

January 28, 2019, 11:09:40 am #38 Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 11:12:18 am by D6Bound
Quote from: BlueBird4Life on January 28, 2019, 11:07:09 am
I just can't recall seeing any player do that before?
I don't know what else to tell you man. Turn it in to the AAA if it bothers you this much lol

Woodrow1

Quote from: D6Bound on January 28, 2019, 11:04:48 am
Yes. I personally think he's a top player in 1A as well.

Great kid and player! I hear he gets all his skills from his uncle.

BlueBird4Life

Quote from: D6Bound on January 28, 2019, 11:09:40 am
I don't know what else to tell you man. Turn it in to the AAA if it bothers you this much lol

Never said it bothered me, and never said it was illegal.  I said it was unheard of, at least to me....   

D6Bound

Quote from: BlueBird4Life on January 28, 2019, 01:16:30 pm
Never said it bothered me, and never said it was illegal.  I said it was unheard of, at least to me....
I made an edit on one of the posts above, that might be able to explain things a little better.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas