• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Democrat Gazette Rankings

Started by Head Lion, January 23, 2019, 10:12:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Head Lion

I don't get the paper anymore, but saw the rankings. There were 2 teams 1A-East & none from 3A3????? Does this person have a clue or just throw some fake news out there? I got a simple question, how many state tournament games has the 1A-East won this decade & how many has the 3A3??? I know it is a poll for THIS YEAR. Clearly to anyone that has kept up, the 1A-East has struggled when they have come out of conference. Maybe this year is different?🤷🏼‍♂️

ISU7

Quote from: Head Lion on January 23, 2019, 10:12:03 am
I don't get the paper anymore, but saw the rankings. There were 2 teams 1A-East & none from 3A3????? Does this person have a clue or just throw some fake news out there? I got a simple question, how many state tournament games has the 1A-East won this decade & how many has the 3A3??? I know it is a poll for THIS YEAR. Clearly to anyone that has kept up, the 1A-East has struggled when they have come out of conference. Maybe this year is different?🤷🏼‍♂️
NO WAY!!!!!!! Head Lion maybe the guy that made the polls is from Florida. I demand a revote lol ;D

501Arkansas

The hate is real head lion 🤦🏾‍♂️

ea cat

January 23, 2019, 10:50:43 am #3 Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 10:54:26 am by ea cat
The only poll that matters is the last one.

Head Lion

Quote from: ea cat on January 23, 2019, 10:50:43 am
The only poll that matters is the last one.
Totally agree, but if you are going to do it at least put a little effort into it. 🤷🏼‍♂️

RamblinRazorWreck

I agree with you guys... they must have thrown darts at the MaxPreps Top 20 list... and somehow got lucky on 2 or 3 hits.

Mulerider4Life

Can someone just post the rankings when the get them each week?

the green moose

West Fork usually competes, they made it to the state finals a few years back out of the 1-3A. Honestly though, the Moose hasn't kept up with them recently.

birddawg1986

1 Arkansas Baptist
2 Valley Springs
3 Bonneville
4 Ashdown
5 Tuckerman

Mustang_4

501Arkansas

Head Lion

Quote from: birddawg1986 on February 02, 2019, 01:03:43 pm
1 Arkansas Baptist
2 Valley Springs
3 Bonneville
4 Ashdown
5 Tuckerman
you do realize VS lost to 1A Jasper Friday night?

NEABBALLFAN03

Tuckerman and Valley lost this week.  It all will change!  I figure Harding and Manila make top 5 next week.

Ctucker

Quote from: Head Lion on February 02, 2019, 07:53:52 pm
you do realize VS lost to 1A Jasper Friday night?
you do realize he was just posting what paper had it's not his poll!

Head Lion

Quote from: Ctucker on February 02, 2019, 08:39:36 pm
you do realize he was just posting what paper had it's not his poll!
sorry, I didn't know it was in the paper today!!!!!!!!

Ctucker

Actuall
Quote from: Head Lion on February 02, 2019, 08:59:42 pm
actually I think this was last week should be new one in paper tomorrow so surely VS will drop but not much I think they do no research!

RedWolf275

My question would be where is Harding Academy whoevers poll it is.

Ctucker

Quote from: RedWolf275 on February 02, 2019, 09:49:01 pm
its not a accurate poll for sure

Greyhound24

I know rankings are for us as fans but they don't mean much. The year Tuckerman made the finals I don't think the bulldogs were ranked one time in any poll. A lot of good teams this year. Should be a great postseason.

Ctucker

Quote from: RedWolf275 on February 02, 2019, 09:49:01 pm
New poll this morning has Harding and Tuckerman in it can't remember exactly we're i think 3 and 4 but no Manila and still has Valley at 6 still a little off but better

RedWolf275

Ctucker

Head Lion

Quote from: Ctucker on February 02, 2019, 09:21:29 pm
Actuall actually I think this was last week should be new one in paper tomorrow so surely VS will drop but not much I think they do no research!
my bad ✌🏼

Ctucker

Quote from: Head Lion on February 03, 2019, 08:19:20 am
my bad ✌🏼
No problem! New one is out it's still off a little Y'all desevere to be ranked!

HorseFeathers

1 Baptist
2 Booneville
3 Ashdown
4 Harding academy
5 Helena
6 valley springs

Ctucker

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 03, 2019, 10:26:07 am
1 Baptist
2 Booneville
3 Ashdown
4 Harding academy
5 Helena
6 valley springs
I was wrong Tuckerman wasn't on it

birddawg1986

Quote from: Head Lion on February 02, 2019, 08:59:42 pm
It was in Tuesday paper. No I agree I believe Manila is a top 5 team for sure

Head Lion

Thanks for posting guys. When we were in same region as them, Coach would post all year long & leave there 😂😂😂. I just wonder what their record vs the 3A3 this decade is. Don't quote me, I believe they are 1-5 vs us, with 3 turbo clock losses. The one win was at Mt View & Eubanks our best player blew his ACL in a District semifinal win over Earle. 🤷🏼‍♂️ It is what is, we have to take care of our business. Safety prayers to all the kids this time of year.

Hitman Warrior23

smallybells

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on February 04, 2019, 01:07:55 pm
girls?  anyone have them?

CLASS 3A

1.Charleston (22-1)

2.Hoxie (21-2)

3. Mountain View (20-3)

4. Two Rivers (20-6)

5. Riverview (18-5)

6. Trumann (18-5)

RedWolf275

Trumann must have somebody on the selection committee to pick these top six.
No way they should be there JMO!

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: smallybells on February 04, 2019, 01:58:54 pm
CLASS 3A

1.Charleston (22-1)

2.Hoxie (21-2)

3. Mountain View (20-3)

4. Two Rivers (20-6)

5. Riverview (18-5)

6. Trumann (18-5)

Thank you!

birddawg1986

Last Tuesday Arkansas Sports Media Poll

1 Charleston
2 Mt View
3 Hoxie
4 Valley Springs
5 Lamar

RedWolf275

Hoxie's best player went down with a knee injury in the first quarter of their Thursday game with Trumann. Haven't heard how she is.

birddawg1986

Quote from: RedWolf275 on February 04, 2019, 04:03:05 pm
Hoxie's best player went down with a knee injury in the first quarter of their Thursday game with Trumann. Haven't heard how she is.
Seen that and still beat Trumann by 20

Basketballfan13

Quote from: RedWolf275 on February 04, 2019, 04:03:05 pm
Which one is hoxie's best player?

Head Lion

hsindian

I know she didn't play Saturday night either. Looking like an acl

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: hsindian on February 04, 2019, 08:20:09 pm
I know she didn't play Saturday night either. Looking like an acl

Oh my.  My heart goes out to all these kidos with acl injuries.   Its so so tough on them. 

officialvsfan

Quote from: birddawg1986 on February 04, 2019, 03:23:07 pm
Last Tuesday Arkansas Sports Media Poll

1 Charleston
2 Mt View
3 Hoxie
4 Valley Springs
5 Lamar

This is the weakest 3A girls have been in many years.  Mt View is just a shell of last years team.  Haven't looked very good.  Hoxie's best player is done for the year with ACL I'm hearing.  Valley Springs is way way down and just not very good.  I've heard Lamar is so so.  Don't know much about Charleston.

I'm guessing it's a rebuilding year and there are a lot of young girls teams out there.

teachers pet

Don't overlook Two Rivers, they're playing great ball right now.

LRRandy

Quote from: officialvsfan on February 07, 2019, 06:45:56 am
This is the weakest 3A girls have been in many years.  Mt View is just a shell of last years team.  Haven't looked very good.  Hoxie's best player is done for the year with ACL I'm hearing.  Valley Springs is way way down and just not very good.  I've heard Lamar is so so.  Don't know much about Charleston.

I'm guessing it's a rebuilding year and there are a lot of young girls teams out there.
I have noticed A LOT of freshman starting when the girls teams are announced all season long.

RedWolf275

One would have thought with several 4A football schools moving down a class in basketball that 3A would have been tougher.

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: officialvsfan on February 07, 2019, 06:45:56 am

Ctown is solid for sure,  and 2 rivers if on  are very tough

AT

Charleston girls beat Two Rivers handily in the Russellville tournament if anyone was wondering if we have comparisons among top 5 teams. But that was in 2018. Been a long time.

1-Adam-12

Two Rivers girls aren't deep but the players they have are very talented.  They beat Lamar by a bunch Tuesday.

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: Almatrackster on February 07, 2019, 08:04:01 pm
Charleston girls beat Two Rivers handily in the Russellville tournament if anyone was wondering if we have comparisons among top 5 teams. But that was in 2018. Been a long time.

Watched that game.  2 rivers is playing very good right now.  They have some scetchy losses for sure however don't matter how you played  matters how you're playing in post season.

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on February 07, 2019, 08:41:38 pm
Two Rivers girls aren't deep but the players they have are very talented.  They beat Lamar by a bunch Tuesday.

Both are missing a key player just 2 rivers adjusted and somehow have been playing better,  lamar not even close.  Hopefully Lamar gets it together. Not so easy game tomorrow and winner of Boonville and Perryville  Tuesday

1-Adam-12

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on February 07, 2019, 09:13:46 pm
Both are missing a key player just 2 rivers adjusted and somehow have been playing better,  lamar not even close.  Hopefully Lamar gets it together. Not so easy game tomorrow and winner of Boonville and Perryville  Tuesday

Bit off topic here, but it seems like many of the 3A 4 girls teams are having health issues late in the season, from top to bottom. An already thin and undermanned Booneville team lost their second leading scorer to injury in the Two Rivers game.  She might be back when we play Perryville at district.

Hitman Warrior23

We will be rooting for yall.  Ha

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas