• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Magnolia?

Started by Rida4Life, January 07, 2019, 10:28:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Arkansasprofit on January 25, 2019, 10:13:41 am
Magnolia has always had great athletes, and that is a fact.

True

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: Arkansasprofit on January 25, 2019, 10:13:41 am
Magnolia has always had great athletes, and that is a fact.
they should have some good athletes

KOJACK

I heard that Hooks from Osceola is in the mix.

GotInfo?

I've heard him and Bolding both are in the mix.

ISU7

Quote from: KOJACK on January 28, 2019, 08:54:22 am
I heard that Hooks from Osceola is in the mix.
Hooks play  college football at SAU-Magnolia

ISU7

youhavenoidea

So is it Coach Hooks or not? 

Katdaddy

Whats the hold up at Magnolia? Whats taking so long to hire someone?

Arkansasprofit

I have heard it's between King and Hooks.  Hooks got beat pretty bad by Booneville like 30-0 in the state championship!!!  Don't know which way they will go.  King has a ring when he played for one!

501Arkansas

Quote from: Arkansasprofit on February 01, 2019, 09:33:59 am
I have heard it's between King and Hooks.  Hooks got beat pretty bad by Booneville like 30-0 in the state championship!!!  Don't know which way they will go.  King has a ring when he played for one!
That's the only thing you have on hooks is the championship game? Lol

TrenchHogs

Inside source says they have offered and been accepted by the new coach. Official announcement will be Monday.

Arkansasprofit

Quote from: 501Arkansas on February 01, 2019, 10:29:19 am
That's the only thing you have on hooks is the championship game? Lol
Guess we will see if your right or I am right??  I think getting skunked in a state championship game when you got way better athletes tells you all you need to know.  We will see soon!!!

501Arkansas

Quote from: Arkansasprofit on February 01, 2019, 12:17:20 pm
Guess we will see if your right or I am right??  I think getting skunked in a state championship game when you got way better athletes tells you all you need to know.  We will see soon!!!
Oh so turning around a team that finished 2-8 the year before he came to Osceola into a 11-3 team his first year means nothing? Taking that same team to the semifinals for the first time in almost 10 years? Next season which is his 2nd season he finished 13-2 and take them guys to the state game and also conference champs and shared the conference championship year before means nothing? Don't base one game off what he can do overall. 24-5 in two seasons sounds good to me. No doubt Noles got punished in the state game but don't knock what he has done in two years. That one game doesn't tell me nothing!!

Arkansasprofit

Never said It did.  But when your selecting a head coach, you got to look at the good, the bad, and the ugly.
Sounds like you would choose Hooks, and I would choose King.  We will find out in a week or two if they decided to choose either one of them.  We might both be wrong, or only one of us will be right?  Hooks is a good coach I never said he wasn't.

TrenchHogs

Quote from: Arkansasprofit on February 01, 2019, 01:04:10 pm
Never said It did.  But when your selecting a head coach, you got to look at the good, the bad, and the ugly.
Sounds like you would choose Hooks, and I would choose King.  We will find out in a week or two if they decided to choose either one of them.  We might both be wrong, or only one of us will be right?  Hooks is a good coach I never said he wasn't.

New coach has already been hired as of this morning, official announcment from the district coming Monday.

Arkansasprofit

Guess we will find out this Monday if what your saying is true?  You sound like you might be in the know!!!!!

501Arkansas

Lol I don't care about being right or wrong. I'll love for hooks to stay at Osceola but if he leaves I wouldn't be mad. Great opportunity to move up 2 classes. He has done a good job with the Osceola program. Your right I'll pick hooks any day of the week. Your right about the good, the bad and ugly sometimes that doesn't matter. For a example, Arkansas🤦🏾‍♂️Lol

FootballFever

i don't think Magnolia can go wrong with either Hooks or King.  They are both top notch coaches that can flat out coach.  Both took programs that were down and turned them into winners.  I know both coaches they are both great guys and kids love playing for both of them.  Good luck to the coach that gets the job!

Rick Swines

ISU7

Osceola would've beat Foreman easy this season. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

JackofallTrades

Rick Swine its good to have relationship with Sup..its good to have been hired by him at Horatio at one time..thats whats good and I'm sure the hold up was will the community accept an African American Head Man lets be real and the answer is no but they want to win..Good Luck to the Panthers with whoever they go with.

Pat Swilling

Either men would be a great hire.

ISU7

Quote from: JackofallTrades on February 02, 2019, 07:38:24 am
Rick Swine its good to have relationship with Sup..its good to have been hired by him at Horatio at one time..thats whats good and I'm sure the hold up was will the community accept an African American Head Man lets be real and the answer is no but they want to win..Good Luck to the Panthers with whoever they go with.
is it still the 1800's in Magnolia or that just that far behind the rest of the world 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Katdaddy

What time is Kings press conference tomorrow?

JackofallTrades

Kattdaddy what direction will Foreman go..will they just promote Adrien Ivory to HC

Lumberjackfan1978

Katdaddy

If i am Foreman i would definitely give Head Coach to Coach Ivory. He has been in the system and kids are comfortable with him. Also, he is a good coach and deserves the opportunity.

threepeoplematter

WorkOrder

So Beefy got the Job?

boogercat

Time for everyone get on the band wagon once again. Magnolia won't do much this year, nothing to see here folks.

gone wild

So has it been announced ?

couch-coach06

Quote from: boogercat on February 04, 2019, 02:18:32 pm
Time for everyone get on the band wagon once again. Magnolia won't do much this year, nothing to see here folks.

King must have pee pee in your cherios

JackofallTrades

Good Ol Boy System at it's finest!!

gone wild

Great Hire ..... if the kids and community bye in then the sky is the limit

And all the negative comments need to go away .....FAR AWAY

Lumberjackfan1978

couch-coach06

King is a good hire for a program like Magnolia people in 5a don't prepare for the flexbone often and it will catch teams off guard and be very effective .. also he will bring discipline too the program . He doesn't put up with crap and it doesn't matter who you are .. I think y'all will be pleased.

CURLEYWOLF24

Great hire Panthers!!!

youhavenoidea

Quote from: couch-coach06 on February 04, 2019, 08:55:11 pm
King is a good hire for a program like Magnolia people in 5a don't prepare for the flexbone often and it will catch teams off guard and be very effective .. also he will bring discipline too the program . He doesn't put up with crap and it doesn't matter who you are .. I think y'all will be pleased.
Wynne runs flexbone, Magnolia did run flexbone, McClellan runs some flexbone, not sure about the west conference but I do know Vilonia use to run double wing which is similar...so it is ran in 5A and teams do prepare for it

Mulerider4Life

Sounds like they will get back to a solid foundation in Magnolia. Hopefully they can learn to control the clock as well. Good luck to them! Best wishes to Coach King!

gone wild

Quote from: youhavenoidea on February 05, 2019, 08:27:23 am
Wynne runs flexbone, Magnolia did run flexbone, McClellan runs some flexbone, not sure about the west conference but I do know Vilonia use to run double wing which is similar...so it is ran in 5A and teams do prepare for it

So 3-4 teams out of 30 something 5A teams run a variation of the flexbone...... I would take those odds

youhavenoidea

Quote from: gone wild on February 05, 2019, 10:10:42 pm
So 3-4 teams out of 30 something 5A teams run a variation of the flexbone...... I would take those odds
Yes out of 32 teams, my point was that there is a team in each conference, so it is prepared for. Not to mention any team they may play in non-conference that runs it. But yes with limited numbers of teams running it, it can cause problems to prepare for still

purpleswag

Quote from: youhavenoidea on February 06, 2019, 08:34:05 am
Yes out of 32 teams, my point was that there is a team in each conference, so it is prepared for. Not to mention any team they may play in non-conference that runs it. But yes with limited numbers of teams running it, it can cause problems to prepare for still

There isn't one in the central or west that runs it to my knowledge.

youhavenoidea

Quote from: purpleswag on February 06, 2019, 08:50:32 am
There isn't one in the central or west that runs it to my knowledge.
Yes... not sure about the west, and I was thinking McClellan was in the Central, forgot they moved to the South

boogercat

Here yall go, since King is at Magnolia. Magnolia will be your 2019 state champions. PA should just not show up at WMS because Magnolia is going to beat those PA down. Kelly will be out coached by the king himself.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: boogercat on February 06, 2019, 10:22:56 am
Here yall go, since King is at Magnolia. Magnolia will be your 2019 state champions. PA should just not show up at WMS because Magnolia is going to beat those PA down. Kelly will be out coached by the king himself.

Ok calm down, that's crazy talk. Kelly may be the best high school coach in the state.

FootballFever

I don't believe anyone said that Magnolia would be State Champs in 2019.  BC you must have something against King.  I think it's a great hire for Magnolia.  Either of the two finalist would have been a great win for Magnolia.  I think in time King will turn things around and make Magnolia a contender, may not happen overnight but i believe it will happen. 

Lumberjackfan1978

So is king the the new coach.If he is he should do well.

zebrafan

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on February 07, 2019, 07:32:43 am
So is king the the new coach.If he is he should do well.
Yes, King is the new head ball coach.

boogercat

If anyone knew that would find that my post was on the humor side. I guess time will tell if King is a great hire for Magnolia. What happens if he can't fix the issues at Magnolia will he still be a great hire or what? Just like the Jones to El Dorado hire. People say his a great coach but I don't think he will do well there. There are some jobs out there that coaches shouldn't risk on.

Rida4Life

You'll have to excuse boogercat.  He hates small school coaches.  He thinks Jones was a bad hire 'cause he's from AA and King is a bad hire 'cause he's from AA.

we should all listen.... he is a self-proclaimed expert.  Even called out another coach about where said coach had been employed and then said it was unprofessional when said coach posted to clear up the confusion.
boogercat is a legend in his own mind.  Just ask him if you don't believe me.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas