• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Post Season Bids.....

Started by baller334, January 05, 2019, 01:47:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

baller334

Does anyone have updates for who is bidding on Regionls or State?

Mr. Basketball

2A State Bids - Carlisle, Junction City, Marmaduke, Quitman

North Region - Marmaduke, Rector

West Region - Danville, Eureka Springs, Yellville-Summitt

South Region - Cossatot River, Hampton, Junction City, Lafayette County, Mount Ida

Central Region - Carlisle, Hazen, Quitman

baller334

Quote from: Mr. Basketball on January 05, 2019, 02:02:01 pm

South Region - Cossatot River, Hampton, Junction City, Lafayette County, Mount Ida

👍🏻

FoxandHound34

Geez, Last time I went to Marmaduke for state I had folks sitting in my lap. Would've been alright if she didn't make Bertha butt look like a petit woman. That chick was Huge!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: FoxandHound34 on January 05, 2019, 08:55:54 pm
Geez, Last time I went to Marmaduke for state I had folks sitting in my lap. Would've been alright if she didn't make Bertha butt look like a petit woman. That chick was Huge!

Does your g/f know you talk about her like this?

biglion1985

MomaLion

I'm pulling for Carlisle for state and Marmaduke for regional.

baller334

I wouldn't mind Carlisle for state but I'd rather see Rector get Regionals, they have more seating and plus you can walk around the top. Please no to Junction City for state!!

Ctucker

I would like to see state at Quitman.

baller334

RedWolf275

Quote from: baller334 on January 07, 2019, 06:57:33 am
I wouldn't mind Carlisle for state but I'd rather see Rector get Regionals, they have more seating and plus you can walk around the top. Please no to Junction City for state!!

I'm with you on Rector for the regional. Great gym!

Rida4Life

Quote from: Mr. Basketball on January 05, 2019, 02:02:01 pm

How new is Carlisle's Gym?  I only ask because JC has a very new facility and would be a logical host.

birddawg1986

Quote from: Rida4Life on January 07, 2019, 10:36:50 am
How new is Carlisle's Gym?  I only ask because JC has a very new facility and would be a logical host.
They hosted regionals in 2017. Really nice/big gym with plenty seats + parking was spacious. Easy to get to, and not far from the interstate. Be a good place for state tournament.

Cheek

Quote from: birddawg1986 on January 07, 2019, 01:48:30 pm
They hosted regionals in 2017. Really nice/big gym with plenty seats + parking was spacious. Easy to get to, and not far from the interstate. Be a good place for state tournament.

Love the parking, and it is close to home.

RedWolf275

Yeah, I could live with Carlisle. Great parking but I'm not sure how many it seats. Seemed like a lot of wasted space to me.

birddawg1986

Quote from: RedWolf275 on January 07, 2019, 02:41:26 pm
Yeah, I could live with Carlisle. Great parking but I'm not sure how many it seats. Seemed like a lot of wasted space to me.
I went 3 nights, and I never saw a night where the gym was packed. It may hold 2,000?

LeftyWorld

Quote from: Rida4Life on January 07, 2019, 10:36:50 am

Junction City would be a logical host for combined Louisiana/ Arkansas state tournament  ::)

Ctucker

Quote from: LeftyWorld on January 07, 2019, 02:49:08 pm
Junction City would be a logical host for combined Louisiana/ Arkansas state tournament  ::)
it's bad location but can't use that logic when JC  had to travel to Marmaduke no difference

LeftyWorld

Quote from: Ctucker on January 07, 2019, 02:53:25 pm
it's bad location but can't use that logic when JC  had to travel to Marmaduke no difference

you are right so lets throw out marmaduke as well!!!

MomaLion

Quote from: baller334 on January 07, 2019, 06:57:33 am
How far is Rector from Marmaduke?

baller334

It's basically right by each other.

MomaLion

birddawg1986

I think AAA could do a better job of working out something with the college institutions on using their facilities for state tournaments and just rotate classifications. Many of these sit empty this time of year.

Bud Walton Arena-Fayetteville
Old Barnhill-Fayetteville
First National Bank-Jonesboro
Version Arean-Little Rock
Barton Coliseum-Little Rock
Pine Bluff Convention Center-Pine Bluff
Jack Stephens Center-Little Rock
UCA
Arkansas Tech.
Bank of Ozarks-Hot Springs.

biglion1985

I agree with the rotation but rotate the championships also

Ctucker

Quote from: birddawg1986 on January 07, 2019, 03:58:14 pm
I think AAA could do a better job of working out something with the college institutions on using their facilities for state tournaments and just rotate classifications. Many of these sit empty this time of year.

Bud Walton Arena-Fayetteville
Old Barnhill-Fayetteville
First National Bank-Jonesboro
Version Arean-Little Rock
Barton Coliseum-Little Rock
Pine Bluff Convention Center-Pine Bluff
Jack Stephens Center-Little Rock
UCA
Arkansas Tech.
Bank of Ozarks-Hot Springs.
. Won't happen no money in it for them

Ctucker

YSpanther

Quote from: Ctucker on January 07, 2019, 05:41:28 pm
. Won't happen no money in it for them
Said this in another thread.  AAA gets the local schools to provide the people working the parking, taking the tickets, keeping the lights on etc. but then keeps the lion's share of the gate revenue.  Other than making a killing if they have a good concession stand and/or benefiting the local eating establishments and hotels if they exist, the host schools don't get much other than a leg up if they have a good team that year.

If they went to one of the colleges, they would probably have to pay rent, pay people to run the event, pay the officials etc.

old.dole

It's all about the money for triple a. They ain't going to do anything that takes money out of their pockets

YSpanther

Danville got the West regional.  Anybody heard any of the others, including state?

hsindian

Quote from: YSpanther on January 15, 2019, 09:37:44 pm
Danville got the West regional.  Anybody heard any of the others, including state?
I don't remember but they're stickier at the top.

YSpanther

Quote from: hsindian on January 15, 2019, 09:39:49 pm
I don't remember but they're stickier at the top.
Yes, I found it. Read more, post less I know.  ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas