• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ICC goes to MVE

Started by Weiser, December 30, 2018, 11:56:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Weiser

ICC will be at MVE on Friday January 4, 2019, JRB, SG and SB will play, games start at 5:00 PM.  Should be some great talent on the floor that night.

Flobbito

MVE senior girls by 10
ICC senior boys by 20+

I don't know about ICC's Jr. boys, but I know ours, ICC by 20 or more here too.

HorseFeathers

Thought about going....But that's a long drive to see ICC win big...

riccoar

That's two big ones.  MVE plays ICC and then picks back up with conference at Concord on the 8th.

Weiser

Yes, but you do not get better till you play others that are better.

riccoar

Quote from: Weiser on December 31, 2018, 07:44:44 am
100% agree.  I wish coaches would get into the habit of scheduling the larger classification schools close to them for non-conference.  Great way, IMHO, to push and motivate a team.

Flobbito

Quote from: Weiser on December 31, 2018, 07:44:44 am

A problem I see with small schools I general and MVE in particular is that they schedule teams that have either a good boys team or a good girls team in non-conference play. Because we are a small school with limited resources they almost have to go to the same place to play, I see larger classifications early in the season go different ways to play quality opponents. For our girls team they didn't play a tough opponent until they met Wonderview and Rural in the same week and lost both by single digits.  Since then they have only lost to Bauxite and Quitman I tournament play. I think that the last two years they could have really benefitted from playing tougher opponents early.

Weiser

December 31, 2018, 02:52:39 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 06:56:32 pm by Weiser
Quote from: Flobbito on December 31, 2018, 12:00:57 pm
A problem I see with small schools I general and MVE in particular is that they schedule teams that have either a good boys team or a good girls team in non-conference play. Because we are a small school with limited resources they almost have to go to the same place to play, I see larger classifications early in the season go different ways to play quality opponents. For our girls team they didn't play a tough opponent until they met Wonderview and Rural in the same week and lost both by single digits.  Since then they have only lost to Bauxite and Quitman I tournament play. I think that the last two years they could have really benefitted from playing tougher opponents early.

I agree 100% with you!!

Flobbito

MVE Jr.  boys lost big

MVE Sr. Girls up 38-16 at half.

Flobbito

Flobbito

Boys after 1

ICC 13
MVE 11

Cooper has 2 fouls

Flobbito

Ctucker

They only up 2 on MVE and they have 2 d1 players?

Flobbito

Oxford Cat

63-47 ICC. MVE played well. Good atmosphere. Btw the best route to Brockwell from this side of the lake is north through Batesville.

Flobbito

January 04, 2019, 08:39:34 pm #15 Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 08:55:48 pm by Flobbito
ICC wins 63-47, game went about like I thought it would be, hung with them until the fourth quarter, then we got tired, and frustrated and missed easy shots, committed silly turnovers, and made stupid fouls. ICC had about 5 and 1's late in the game. Faulkner is the real deal and Cooper wasn't as sharp as I remember from last year.

Mr. Basketball

Quote from: Flobbito on January 04, 2019, 08:39:34 pm
ICC wins 63-47, game went about like I thought it would be, hung with them until the fourth quarter, then we got tired, and frustrated and missed easy shots, committed silly turnovers, and made stupid fouls. ICC had about 5 and 1's late in the game. Faulkner is the real deal and Cooper wasn't as sharp as I remember from last year.
Cougars get a good road win. They will be tough to beat at home in the state tournament. ICC was the only school to bid on 1A state tourney. The Cougars will likely get to play the regionals close by at Calico Rock too.

ballmember

Glad the tournament will be in north Arkansas.   

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas