• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can Izard County take on Springdale Har Ber?

Started by BadBoyBulldog, December 20, 2018, 09:57:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Head Lion

Quote from: B.G. on December 27, 2018, 11:57:42 am
Lots of restructure over the years.

Class B was the smallest for years.  Class 4A was the largest forever.  In that time, you know there were some small school powers teams that beat a 4A(largest).
In 77 or 78 Class B Parkdale met Class A Marmaduke in Over All State Finals, with Ronald Clairborne led Parkdale winning. I want to say he had 39 in the final, There were no 3 pointers and I know he made 7 or 8 from 25 ft or more out.

Ctucker

Quote from: Head Lion on December 27, 2018, 05:09:39 pm
In 77 or 78 Class B Parkdale met Class A Marmaduke in Over All State Finals, with Ronald Clairborne led Parkdale winning. I want to say he had 39 in the final, There were no 3 pointers and I know he made 7 or 8 from 25 ft or more out.
it was 1979

Head Lion

Ctucker

I could to wrong but I think Tim porter played for Marmadule he ended up at Drury college I think! I think Eddie Sutton recruited him! I may be way off but I think he would have been on that team!

Ctucker

He might have graduated in 78 but they won state that year too but Parkdale didn't!

Head Lion

Quote from: Ctucker on December 27, 2018, 05:16:16 pm
I could to wrong but I think Tim porter played for Marmadule he ended up at Drury college I think! I think Eddie Sutton recruited him! I may be way off but I think he would have been on that team!
I think you are right, I was like 13 at the time. We went to the Overall every year back in those days. Greatest Arkansas hi school game ever was Keith Lee's Sr year and they were down to LR Central(Dennis Nutt) 7 with 1:07 left to play, no 3 pointers, WM tied it with 1 second and Aaron Price(Memphis St signee) was fouled on the shot and made the and 1 and won by 1 and kept the 60 game win streak alive. They finished 3rd that year in final USA Today poll.

Moonshiner

Quote from: Head Lion on December 27, 2018, 05:26:06 pm
I think you are right, I was like 13 at the time. We went to the Overall every year back in those days. Greatest Arkansas hi school game ever was Keith Lee's Sr year and they were down to LR Central(Dennis Nutt) 7 with 1:07 left to play, no 3 pointers, WM tied it with 1 second and Aaron Price(Memphis St signee) was fouled on the shot and made the and 1 and won by 1 and kept the 60 game win streak alive. They finished 3rd that year in final USA Today poll.

Michael Cage was on that team too, correct?

Ctucker

Quote from: Moonshiner on December 27, 2018, 05:46:48 pm
Michael Cage was on that team too, correct?
cage was 2 years older than lee  I think

Ctucker

Maybe 1 year West Memphis won back to back! I think they was together on one of them!

Head Lion

Cage was only a year older than Lee. Point guard played at Hendrix for 4 years.

Ctucker

Quote from: Head Lion on December 27, 2018, 06:18:16 pm
Cage was only a year older than Lee. Point guard played at Hendrix for 4 years.
I bet that was awsome to watch them! One team people forget about is the Parkveiw team that won the overall! They beat Corliss and Russellville in state had all 5 staters went d1. Deon cross and Derick Fisher was the guards!

Oldref

Quote from: Ctucker on December 27, 2018, 06:28:24 pm
I bet that was awsome to watch them! One team people forget about is the Parkveiw team that won the overall! They beat Corliss and Russellville in state had all 5 staters went d1. Deon cross and Derick Fisher was the guards!
BIC actually played that Parkview team in the second round of the Overall State Tournament the last year it was held in 92. That Parkview team was so talented that Wes Flanigan who later played at Auburn couldn't start his Jr Year and came off the bench. Only game Parkview lost that year was to Dallas Skyline in a Christmas Tournament at Dallas. Was fun to see BIC play against them. They stayed pretty close for a half:-) 

Ctucker

Quote from: Oldref on December 27, 2018, 08:25:05 pm
BIC actually played that Parkview team in the second round of the Overall State Tournament the last year it was held in 92. That Parkview team was so talented that Wes Flanigan who later played at Auburn couldn't start his Jr Year and came off the bench. Only game Parkview lost that year was to Dallas Skyline in a Christmas Tournament at Dallas. Was fun to see BIC play against them. They stayed pretty close for a half:-) 
I didn't realize that I watched them play Russellville! Then watched them play Eudora in the finals of overall! BIC has had some really good teams!

ozarkmtnsman

Quote from: D6Bound on December 26, 2018, 11:41:27 pm
Define "mediocre" because Har-Ber would beat any other 1A team this year (Like they did with New School, by double digits) and would be a legitimate contender in 2A.

Edit: I agree with you that this is far from the best team that ICC played and state wide, they are mediocre. But put them against 1-3A schools and they'd beat 95% of them.

Har Ber would NOT beat 95% of 1-3A schools. This team is not impressive whatsoever. The may improve as the season goes on but there are several 2A and 3A teams that could beat Har Ber.

Sports Loser

Quote from: ozarkmtnsman on December 28, 2018, 09:02:13 am
Har Ber would NOT beat 95% of 1-3A schools. This team is not impressive whatsoever. The may improve as the season goes on but there are several 2A and 3A teams that could beat Har Ber.
ICC may have had something to do with them not looking very good.  Ya think?

D6Bound

Quote from: ozarkmtnsman on December 28, 2018, 09:02:13 am
I'm sure more than 5% of 2-3A schools "COULD" beat them given the right circumstances. But on a regular night against any team other than the top 3-5 teams in both classifications, my money would be on Har-Ber.

Gravelbar

Parkdale won the Class B and beat West Memphis to win the Overall in 80 or 81... West Memphis had both Lee and Cage too. However, I'm not sure WM was the highest classification at the time, but I think they were.....Parkdale didn't have a player over 6ft either...Danny Ebbs was their coach I believe... Parkdale beat the team I was on in the semi's by 4 in Monticello. Either way, Parkdale was tough.

Sports Loser

I think it boils down to this ICC is really good!  They will make good teams look not so good!  Keep doubting them

Woodrow1

Quote from: Sports Loser on December 28, 2018, 10:41:11 am
I think it boils down to this ICC is really good!  They will make good teams look not so good!  Keep doubting them

They have 2 Division 1 caliber players, a sophomore guard that could play some college ball somewhere, a big man that plays his role perfect, and a point guard that is very quick and can guard.   No one is saying they aren't really good, are they?  If they are saying that they don't know JACK about basketball.   

Ctucker

Quote from: Gravelbar on December 28, 2018, 10:01:44 am
Parkdale won the Class B and beat West Memphis to win the Overall in 80 or 81... West Memphis had both Lee and Cage too. However, I'm not sure WM was the highest classification at the time, but I think they were.....Parkdale didn't have a player over 6ft either...Danny Ebbs was their coach I believe... Parkdale beat the team I was on in the semi's by 4 in Monticello. Either way, Parkdale was tough.
Wrong Parkdale won overall in 79 West Memphis won overall in 80and 81

Sports Loser

bleudog

December 28, 2018, 01:10:23 pm #71 Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 01:20:14 pm by bleudog
Quote from: B.G. on December 27, 2018, 02:14:11 pm
I think they were 2A at the time, but I saw Junction City with James Anderson beat 5A(no 7A yet) Fayetteville at the Holiday Hoops Classic in 2004 or 2005. 

There are many examples like that I'm sure.

Likely very common for girls, but that's another subject.

JC was 2A at the time and it was December 2006.  CLICK HERE

JC lost three games that season on their way to a 2A state title.  One of the losses was to Har-Ber the next day.  CLICK HERE

D6Bound

Don't forget that Anderson still holds the record for most points in a state finals game with 44 I think

Brian G

Quote from: bleudog on December 28, 2018, 01:10:23 pm
JC was 2A at the time and it was December 2006.  CLICK HERE

JC lost three games that season on their way to a 2A state title.  One of the losses was to Har-Ber the next day.  CLICK HERE

Thank you.  It was in fact the year after my son graduated, but you are on the money.

I was there.

bleudog

Quote from: D6Bound on December 28, 2018, 01:25:29 pm
Don't forget that Anderson still holds the record for most points in a state finals game with 44 I think

Jessieville didn't stand a chance.  CLICK HERE

Brian G

Quote from: B.G. on December 28, 2018, 02:18:37 pm
Thank you.  It was in fact the year after my son graduated, but you are on the money.

I was there.
Quote from: B.G. on December 28, 2018, 02:18:37 pm

I was there.

And yes, that was the 1st year of 6A and 7A.  So it was 2A over 7A.  FHS had graduated 12 seniors but JC played shorthanded due to football.

bleudog

December 28, 2018, 03:09:59 pm #76 Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 07:20:15 am by bleudog
Quote from: B.G. on December 28, 2018, 02:21:22 pm
And yes, that was the 1st year of 6A and 7A.  So it was 2A over 7A.  FHS had graduated 12 seniors but JC played shorthanded due to football.

JC's football team was playing in the 2006 2A title game the same weekend as that Fayetteville basketball tournament.  There were probably at least 6 football kids who joined the JC basketball team when football was over.  Although with what it sounds like Har-Ber put on the court in 2006-2007, that wouldn't have made much difference in JC's second Holiday Hoops tournament game.

P.S.  JC couldn't hold a halftime lead and lost the football championship that weekend 20-19 to Jessieville.  CLICK HERE  I always considered it a little karma that JA got to pay the Jessieville basketball team back in the 2007 2A basketball title game for the Lions slipping by his Dragon classmates in the 2006 2A football title game.  ;)

The sad part is, Junction had JA in the high school playoffs for four years and only has one state title to show for it.  :'(

Gravelbar

Quote from: Ctucker on December 28, 2018, 11:41:44 am
Wrong Parkdale won overall in 79 West Memphis won overall in 80and 81
I wasn't sure, that's why I said 80 or 81, but 79 was in the mix too...Was West Memphis in the highest classification then?  By the way, we had their butts beat and blew it with about 15 seconds left, but close don't count.

Ctucker

Quote from: Gravelbar on December 30, 2018, 08:17:10 pm
I wasn't sure, that's why I said 80 or 81, but 79 was in the mix too...Was West Memphis in the highest classification then?  By the way, we had their butts beat and blew it with about 15 seconds left, but close don't count.
.   No Little Rock CentrAl won highest class in 80 and LR Hall won in 81. The year Parkdale won overall Pine bluff won highest class!

J.D.

Quote from: bleudog on December 28, 2018, 03:09:59 pm
JC's football team was playing in the 2006 2A title game the same weekend as that Fayetteville basketball tournament.  There were probably at least 6 football kids who joined the JC basketball team when football was over.  Although with what it sounds like Har-Ber put on the court in 2006-2007, that wouldn't have made much difference in JC's second Holiday Hoops tournament game.

P.S.  JC couldn't hold a halftime lead and lost the football championship that weekend 20-19 to Jessieville.  CLICK HERE  I always considered it a little karma that JA got to pay the Jessieville basketball team back in the 2007 2A basketball title game for the Lions slipping by his Dragon classmates in the 2006 2A football title game.  ;)

The sad part is, Junction had JA in the high school playoffs for four years and only has one state title to show for it.  :'(

BIC was loaded during his earlier years. 

bleudog

Quote from: J.D. on December 31, 2018, 05:59:26 pm
BIC was loaded during his earlier years. 

and hosted at least one state tournament if I remember correctly.   ;)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas