• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A Boys Top 10

Started by wait4it, November 30, 2018, 11:04:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

J12

This thread was derailed because this cat wanted to troll like he does. Just get back on topic. We get it, Westside didn't play well last year. 

beach bum

Quote from: J12 on January 26, 2019, 10:50:51 am
This thread was derailed because this cat wanted to troll like he does. Just get back on topic. We get it, Westside didn't play well last year.

Baptist being really good will do that to people.... I'd say it was more of BP was just really good  ;D

Sigmund Sauer

I miss BP and all the private school recruiting jabs. Those were fun times.

FoxandHound34

It was more like a steam roll in the finals honestly than a game. Just think, this year will be probably be worse with Mills than BP if Westside plays them

Livewire

Quote from: J12 on January 26, 2019, 10:50:51 am

If you are referring to that 1 game,and I assume you are, then I agree. Surely no one thinks that a team that is playing for a state championship ' didn't play well last year'.

LRRandy

Quote from: beach bum on January 26, 2019, 11:01:52 am
Baptist being really good will do that to people.... I'd say it was more of BP was just really good  ;D
not playing well most often is a result of the other team exploiting your teams weakness. Baptist Prep changed  its zone defense to stop #10's dribble drive. It shut him down from getting to the basket. The weak spot in the zone, the open corner 3, was not capitalized on by Westside due to their deficiencies that I pointed out a week before they played.

LRRandy

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on January 26, 2019, 11:26:19 am
I miss BP and all the private school recruiting jabs. Those were fun times.
haha. A couple of those thread got obstreperous.

Livewire

What about Magnolia from the South. They have a pretty good season going and will have home court advantage. Do they have any chance of making a run in state?

Livewire

Quote from: Gray lizard on January 24, 2019, 10:54:28 am
I think there should/will be a team out of the North region in the last 4 standing.
If Pottsville gets the 1 seed they may have  a chance. Otherwise no chance. Whoever gets it will , IMO, meet up with the 4 seed from the East. Also Pottsville will have to play their best ball to get past the East to advance to final 4.

wait4it

Looks like the East region has a strangle hold on the state tournament...more specifically the 5-4A conference.  does anyone think that the final 4 will be any other teams besides the ones from that conference?  Westside looks pretty good.  Pottsville is playing well.  Any others?

Gray lizard

Pottsville has a 12 grade player back from knee injury (payed last 3 games) and a couple  10th graders that are developing very well. They are looking to make a strong finish to the year. This gives them a deep bench that can go 8 deep with out any let off in talent or size.

MR.GOMAB

Quote from: wait4it on January 31, 2019, 12:17:02 pm
Looks like the East region has a strangle hold on the state tournament...more specifically the 5-4A conference.  does anyone think that the final 4 will be any other teams besides the ones from that conference?  Westside looks pretty good.  Pottsville is playing well.  Any others?

The east region is nice. Being that 3-4A and 5-4A are in the same region and those conferences having a district tourney, do you see any upsets happening? Only 4 teams from both regions get to dance.

I do think that the #3 Magnolia Panthers will be in the final four. If they win the region with them and 7-4A which I think they should barring any injury or anything. They will be the one seed going into the state tourney at their house. A first round by awaiting the winner of the match up between the 3rd seed from the East region and the 4th seed from the North. Im confident enough that Magnolia can win that quarter final game and move to the semi finals to face the 1 seed from the East (which will most likely be LR Mills...Barring any injury or surprising upset). Magnolia is a really good team.

TheSpecial

ADG
1 Mills
2 Pottsville
3 Westside
4 Blytheville
5 Brookland
6 McClellan

FoxandHound34

Westside at 3??? Didn't Brookland just beat em on their home floor?

NEA Razorback olfan

February 04, 2019, 11:29:30 am #164 Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 11:31:11 am by NEA Razorback olfan
Quote from: FoxandHound34 on February 03, 2019, 09:01:18 pm
Westside at 3??? Didn't Brookland just beat em on their home floor?

It wasn't easy, It was a battle... Westside is very talented
I expect another tough battle at Blytheville tomorrow night

Moneymike

Not sure why they are having a state championship game this year... might as well give to Mills!

Livewire

Mills may be the favorite to win state. However, lets not get too hasty and cheat ourselves out of the fun of watching them earn it. As the saying goes, "any team can be beat on a bad night".
Just ask Westside. Couple key players got in early foul trouble; missed some free throws and a layup...result was a loss.
There will be some upsets along the way.

FoxandHound34

Might as well Money Mike. It's Mills to lose this year. LR schools continue to win 4A

yesteryearman

Quote from: Livewire on January 26, 2019, 12:25:09 pm
What about Magnolia from the South. They have a pretty good season going and will have home court advantage. Do they have any chance of making a run in state?

They will as long as the AAA doesn't let 1A Nevada into the tournament.  Nevada has beaten Magnolia twice....

Moneymike

yeah.. but Kirby beat Nevada earlier in the year.. and I know Bauxite beat them as well..

Moneymike

Aren't Magnolias best 2 players freshman?

yesteryearman

Quote from: Moneymike on February 04, 2019, 10:51:48 pm
yeah.. but Kirby beat Nevada earlier in the year.. and I know Bauxite beat them as well..

That's right......doesn't say much about the largest enrollment Class 4A school does it........

MR.GOMAB

Yes Magnolia two best players are indeed freshmen which means for the next 3 years after this Magnolia is going to be in the running, Led by Ford who is the #11 ranked player in the state..All Classifications. Offers from Baylor, Oklahoma State and Texas A&M so far. Very good player. And Garland who is one of the top freshmen in the state, sharpshooter. Magnolia did lose to Nevada twice early in the season. Magnolia will compete in the State Tourney at their house. Barring any injury, they will meet Mills in the Semi Finals (if neither gets upset before hand).

All those good teams in the East region (Mills, McClellan, Westside, Blytheville, Forrest City, Brookland, ESTEEM) and only four get to dance in the state tourney....That is going to be interesting as well.

scrapdig

I thought Magnolia would/should be better than they are

MR.GOMAB

Quote from: scrapdig on February 05, 2019, 12:43:49 pm
I thought Magnolia would/should be better than they are

You think they aren't good?

scrapdig

Quote from: MR.GOMAB on February 05, 2019, 12:59:10 pm
You think they aren't good?
I was shocked they lost twice to Nevada. 

MR.GOMAB

Quote from: scrapdig on February 05, 2019, 01:09:44 pm
I was shocked they lost twice to Nevada.

Yea I was too but Nevada is actually a very good team that has beaten 3 4A teams this year. Very well coached. I was at both games and Magnolia was out coached both times, glad that he has finally come around.

scrapdig

Quote from: MR.GOMAB on February 05, 2019, 01:18:41 pm
Yea I was too but Nevada is actually a very good team that has beaten 3 4A teams this year. Very well coached. I was at both games and Magnolia was out coached both times, glad that he has finally come around.
Come around to what?

MR.GOMAB

Quote from: scrapdig on February 05, 2019, 02:18:19 pm
Come around to what?

Taking the leash off of his young Freshmen and letting them play. He had a system in place where it was strictly zone defense and he wanted at least 5 passes before a shot was taken "to manage the game". This is all out of the window now and their potential has grown as a team.

scrapdig

Quote from: MR.GOMAB on February 05, 2019, 02:21:05 pm
Taking the leash off of his young Freshmen and letting them play. He had a system in place where it was strictly zone defense and he wanted at least 5 passes before a shot was taken "to manage the game". This is all out of the window now and their potential has grown as a team.
You gotta be #@#@###$ me!  Hoosiers has ruined more coaches than it helped.  5 passes lol what a joke

MR.GOMAB

Quote from: scrapdig on February 05, 2019, 02:39:19 pm
You gotta be #@#@###$ me!  Hoosiers has ruined more coaches than it helped.  5 passes lol what a joke

EXACTLY!!! You have two of the best freshmen in the state and a great supporting cast and you limit them like that? No sir. That has since changed and they have been playing some good ball..Sleeper to me in the State Tourney because everyone is so high on the East region..Which has some great teams..but again...only 4 get to dance so if an upset happens in regionals in the East region..Who knows..

scrapdig

Surely they run the entire offense around Ford?

MR.GOMAB

Quote from: scrapdig on February 05, 2019, 02:58:54 pm
Surely they run the entire offense around Ford?

Big part of it..But no..They have other scorers

Livewire

Been seeing where the Ford kid from Magnolia is putting up good numbers and has gotten D1 offers. I'm glad he is a freshman and has 3 more years to play, because I would really like to see him. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it to the state tournament to watch their first game...oh well, there's always next year.

wait4it

Magnolia has slowed a bit but still winning.  I expect them to pick up momentum through the regional tournament.

MR.GOMAB

Quote from: wait4it on February 09, 2019, 03:37:52 pm
Magnolia has slowed a bit but still winning.  I expect them to pick up momentum through the regional tournament.

Couldn't agree more!

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: wait4it on January 24, 2019, 11:22:45 am
Will it be someone from the 1-4A or 4-4A?  I see potentially Farmington or Huntsville as the 1 seed from that region.  i dont think Pottsville or Dardanelle can beat them.  Strictly my opinion.

I think it's a good time to discuss this a bit more  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Livewire

Quote from: wait4it on February 09, 2019, 03:37:52 pm
And this too!

J12

Quote from: godeep on December 19, 2018, 02:06:51 pm
We gave them a pass with 13 point loss to top team in conference on road. That's when I suspected they were really overrated. Getting beat understandable. Getting beat 13 and your #2 in conference, not a good conference.

👍🏻

MR.GOMAB

Quote from: Livewire on February 23, 2019, 09:11:00 pm
And this too!

Magnolia lost a tough one to Cello. 3rd seed away from Mills...I will take my chances at our house! Go Panthers!

Livewire

While Mills cruised through the district 5 conference with only 1 game decided by less than 10 points (5 pt win @ FC) they found theirselves in a battle in each matchup with district 3.
Mills is good, but anyone that watched the games at Highland know they can be beat. Expect another all East final 4 at state. (But keep a close watch on Pottsville, as they could slip up on Westside if the Warriors continue in their shooting slump!)

Livewire

Quote from: MR.GOMAB on February 23, 2019, 10:15:27 pm
Magnolia lost a tough one to Cello. 3rd seed away from Mills...I will take my chances at our house! Go Panthers!

I don't think Mag will have much trouble with Morrilton, but  Blytheville will exploit their youth and weak schedule. Blytheville by 5.

MR.GOMAB

Quote from: Livewire on February 23, 2019, 10:27:23 pm
I don't think Mag will have much trouble with Morrilton, but  Blytheville will exploit their youth and weak schedule. Blytheville by 5.

We just have to play our game...Get the ball in D. Ford hands not too many can stop this guy from getting what he wants. If we are knocking down our shots at home we have a shot vs anyone. Morrilton is the first order of business.

MR.GOMAB

Quote from: Livewire on February 23, 2019, 10:20:11 pm
While Mills cruised through the district 5 conference with only 1 game decided by less than 10 points (5 pt win @ FC) they found theirselves in a battle in each matchup with district 3.
Mills is good, but anyone that watched the games at Highland know they can be beat. Expect another all East final 4 at state. (But keep a close watch on Pottsville, as they could slip up on Westside if the Warriors continue in their shooting slump!)

Heard Madison Peaster left Mills?? Is this true? I'm a Panther fan...Homecourt...I hope to see us in that final 4!!

urban legend2

I heard that, too. If that's the case, that's a huge loss for them. Double-digit per game scorer that's high energy on both ends. Mills can reload but that's a big loss if true.

Livewire

Quote from: MR.GOMAB on February 23, 2019, 10:34:05 pm
We just have to play our game...Get the ball in D. Ford hands not too many can stop this guy from getting what he wants. If we are knocking down our shots at home we have a shot vs anyone. Morrilton is the first order of business.
That's what coach always told us "always focus on the team at hand", but I'm not a coach and don't see Morrilton as much of an obstacle for Mag, so I just looked ahead to where the real matchup will be.

MR.GOMAB

Quote from: Livewire on February 24, 2019, 10:49:18 am
That's what coach always told us "always focus on the team at hand", but I'm not a coach and don't see Morrilton as much of an obstacle for Mag, so I just looked ahead to where the real matchup will be.

I've watched Morrilton on film this weekend. I believe Magnolia can take them. Blytheville will be the game!! I believe it could possibly be

#6 Magnolia vs #5 Blytheville
#4 Westside vs #2 Pottsville

In the Quarterfinals.

Frank Abagnale Jr.

Quote from: MR.GOMAB on February 24, 2019, 10:59:48 am
I've watched Morrilton on film this weekend. I believe Magnolia can take them. Blytheville will be the game!! I believe it could possibly be

#6 Magnolia vs #5 Blytheville
#4 Westside vs #2 Pottsville

In the Quarterfinals.

Where did Mills go? Why do you think they won't be there after beating Westside and Blytheville?

MR.GOMAB

Quote from: Frank Abagnale Jr. on February 25, 2019, 07:46:28 am
Where did Mills go? Why do you think they won't be there after beating Westside and Blytheville?

This is the bottom half of the Bracket. Mills is at the top half of the bracket. No one can discredit LR Mills, they are loaded every year!

J12

February 25, 2019, 08:29:19 am #199 Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 08:32:56 am by J12
Quote from: MR.GOMAB on February 25, 2019, 08:26:22 am
This is the bottom half of the Bracket. Mills is at the top half of the bracket. No one can discredit LR Mills, they are loaded every year!

Rumor has it that they're going to go ahead and give Mills the championship before this the tournament this week. Whomever has played them the closest will automatically be given runner up! Such an honor that Blytheville and Westside are tied for that (sorry Brookland - you lost by 7)!

Great seasons everyone!! No need to play this tournament.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas