• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who wins 3a this year? 2019

Started by Hitman Warrior23, November 27, 2018, 12:32:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ZoneBuster

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 12, 2019, 09:55:03 pm
How many legit D1 players have come out of 3a?

Austin Reeves. Before him in the 2A/3A levels Ky Madden, James Anderson. Not sure before that.

LRRandy

Quote from: officialvsfan on January 13, 2019, 08:02:11 am

Valley Springs has all 3
remains to be seen. Watching film or witnessing a game in person is a whole lot different than being between the lines having to stop him. Isaac is as unguardable a player as I've seen in high school.

biglion1985

ISU7 you are right but we as a team have to hit our free throws we missed at least 10-15 of them Saturday night hats off to Osceola

RamblinRazorWreck

Quote from: biglion1985 on January 13, 2019, 10:39:03 pm
ISU7 you are right but we as a team have to hit our free throws we missed at least 10-15 of them Saturday night hats off to Osceola

10 to 15 misses?  Whoa!  How many fouls were called on Osceola?

501Arkansas

Quote from: biglion1985 on January 13, 2019, 10:39:03 pm
Osceola was 18 for 26 from the free throw line

CoolBreeze

Quote from: 501Arkansas on January 14, 2019, 09:10:11 am
[/quote That's just shy of 70%, which is not really too bad for a team average.

501Arkansas

Quote from: CoolBreeze on January 14, 2019, 11:50:57 am
Quote from: 501Arkansas on January 14, 2019, 09:10:11 am
[/quote That's just shy of 70%, which is not really too bad for a team average.
Yeah I know it was our best free Throw shooting night that night

CoolBreeze

Quote from: 501Arkansas on January 14, 2019, 12:12:15 pm
Yeah I know it was our best free Throw shooting night that night
501, back in the dark ages when I was in high school, we had a single player who made 26 of 28 free throws in a single game.

501Arkansas

Quote from: CoolBreeze on January 14, 2019, 04:09:39 pm
501, back in the dark ages when I was in high school, we had a single player who made 26 of 28 free throws in a single game.
Wow!!!

ISU7

Refs had too love that guy. ;D ;D ;D

CoolBreeze

Quote from: ISU7 on January 15, 2019, 10:59:28 am
Refs had too love that guy. ;D ;D ;D
I don't know about that, but they officials weren't as reluctant to blow the whistle back then. They tolerated a lot less contact.

Ctucker

Quote from: CoolBreeze on January 15, 2019, 01:15:54 pm
I don't know about that, but they officials weren't as reluctant to blow the whistle back then. They tolerated a lot less contact.
And a lot less mouth!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: CoolBreeze on January 15, 2019, 01:15:54 pm

You get a ref to call it that way now and the crowd is ready to jump him in the parking lot 🤷

dentist15

Almost sounds like a BIC player, circa mid-00's, from how many times he was able to get to the line.

Hitman Warrior23

Girls:
Ctown
Hoxie
Mtn View

Seem to be way above the pack.
Charleston besides russellville is killing everyone!

Ctucker

Did I see that Valley Springs lost to Bergman?

LRRandy

Quote from: Ctucker on January 16, 2019, 10:21:10 am
Did I see that Valley Springs lost to Bergman?
yeah, but they got all 3

Ctucker

nastynice

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on November 27, 2018, 12:32:59 pm
Thoughts?  Predictions?
Thought this was done  but taking the advice of a couple of posters.

Charleston wins boys and girls.

Longfellow

athletic supporter

beach bum

Quote from: LRRandy on January 16, 2019, 10:35:14 am
yeah, but they got all 3

The part that made me laugh the most is when he used Valley Springs and athletes in the same sentence....

beach bum

These 3A people will see what happened last year in 4A. When regionals and especially state gets here the atmosphere, intensity, and meaning of the games get amped up X 100 ........ Special players take over in those moments who have that certain "it factor"  and McBride has that. Not really even taking about the physical skills either. I am taking about what's in between someone's ears and how they handle pressure packed moments. It does not matter who is on the court with him, no one in this state can get on his level when all the marbles are on the line.

LRRandy

Quote from: beach bum on January 17, 2019, 09:25:52 am
These 3A people will see what happened last year in 4A. When regionals and especially state gets here the atmosphere, intensity, and meaning of the games get amped up X 100 ........ Special players take over in those moments who have that certain "it factor"  and McBride has that. Not really even taking about the physical skills either. I am taking about what's in between someone's ears and how they handle pressure packed moments. It does not matter who is on the court with him, no one in this state can get on his level when all the marbles are on the line.
having watched him since third grade it's easy to take his skill level for granted. I'm just trying to enjoy watching him this last season before he moves on to bigger things. He is the total package. A friendly, humble, engaging young man. His rock star status could go to his head but I have seen him over and over stop to talk to the elementary kids that come up to him. He has even gone to elementary games on Saturday mornings to show support. On the court he is a fierce competitor. You can see the boys on the other team amped up to stop him at the start of the game. Someone guarding him falls down every game when he " breaks their ankles", some games more than once. Teams have tried to get rough. He was shoved in the back after the whistle while a step oit of bounds at Glen Rose the other night ( class move #10 ) and he just shrugged and went on about his game. He doesn't trash talk or taunt. When he shows emotion it's to fire himself or teammates up. I recommend to anyone that has a chance to get out to see him play to do so before the opportunity passes.

CoachH

You shut McBride down, you beat Prep.
Good luck doing it though.
He is a good one!

Ctucker

Quote from: LRRandy on January 17, 2019, 09:53:16 am
having watched him since third grade it's easy to take his skill level for granted. I'm just trying to enjoy watching him this last season before he moves on to bigger things. He is the total package. A friendly, humble, engaging young man. His rock star status could go to his head but I have seen him over and over stop to talk to the elementary kids that come up to him. He has even gone to elementary games on Saturday mornings to show support. On the court he is a fierce competitor. You can see the boys on the other team amped up to stop him at the start of the game. Someone guarding him falls down every game when he " breaks their ankles", some games more than once. Teams have tried to get rough. He was shoved in the back after the whistle while a step oit of bounds at Glen Rose the other night ( class move #10 ) and he just shrugged and went on about his game. He doesn't trash talk or taunt. When he shows emotion it's to fire himself or teammates up. I recommend to anyone that has a chance to get out to see him play to do so before the opportunity passes.
. Sounds like a quality young man! I wish he was going to be a Razorback but I wish him all the luck in the world at Kansas!

eagle1

Quote from: CoachH on January 17, 2019, 09:54:21 am
You shut McBride down, you beat Prep.
Good luck doing it though.
He is a good one!

Baptist is more than McBride (although he is something very special). Not saying they are a lock by any means but they have a strong supporting cast and will not be out coached by anyone (Miller gets the most from every kid he coaches and no one is going to outwork him).

LRRandy

Quote from: Ctucker on January 17, 2019, 11:20:06 am
. Sounds like a quality young man! I wish he was going to be a Razorback but I wish him all the luck in the world at Kansas!
you know, he really is. In regards to Arkansas it was kind of an imperfect storm. Mike Anderson was at a few  games early in Isaacs career ( looking at Connor ) but scholarship limitations and the political offer to Fitz Hill's son ( who I think ends up playing  more football than basketball at UA) coupled with Isaac being good but not exploding on the national scene until the summer before his senior year, meant by the time an offer came Isaac had moved on to much greener pastures. I would have enjoyed him playing in Fayetteville but am excited for him and his opportunity to play at a true blue blood program.

LRRandy

Quote from: eagle1 on January 17, 2019, 11:52:55 am
Baptist is more than McBride (although he is something very special). Not saying they are a lock by any means but they have a strong supporting cast and will not be out coached by anyone (Miller gets the most from every kid he coaches and no one is going to outwork him).
Very true.

Ralphina

I hate to tell everyone but I have this feeling that this year you are going to see a team that is a true "4A" team win the "3A" state basketball!!
That is really gonna suck!! 

Ctucker

Quote from: Ralphina on January 17, 2019, 01:30:07 pm
I hate to tell everyone but I have this feeling that this year you are going to see a team that is a true "4A" team win the "3A" state basketball!!
How are they a true 4a school?

eagle1

Quote from: Ralphina on January 17, 2019, 01:30:07 pm

What does this even mean????

Ctucker

Preps enrollment is 711 i think that's 2a numbers or very small 3a numbers

Ctucker

I just checked are enrollment at WCC which is 2a and we have 712 they have 711 so how are they 4a?

Ralphina

Well you have two teams like Ashdown and Central, who are listed as 4A classification and are two good teams that will make a run at the state tournament.  They may not win but they will have a chance.  Point here is that they are not 3A teams and shouldnt be playing in the 3A period!!

Ctucker

Quote from: Ralphina on January 17, 2019, 01:44:23 pm
Well you have two teams like Ashdown and Central, who are listed as 4A classification and are two good teams that will make a run at the state tournament.  They may not win but they will have a chance.  Point here is that they are not 3A teams and shouldnt be playing in the 3A period!!
Babtist Prep should be 3a by the equalizer they come up with private schools play down one class but nice try!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Ctucker on January 17, 2019, 02:01:09 pm
Babtist Prep should be 3a by the equalizer they come up with private schools play down one class but nice try!

Up one class lol

Quote from: Ralphina on January 17, 2019, 01:44:23 pm

Point is every sport but football is classified by the way you're saying is right 😂🤷

Ctucker

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 17, 2019, 02:12:08 pm
Up one class lol

Point is every sport but football is classified by the way you're saying is right 😂🤷
yes my bad up one thanks HF

Head Lion

Look where most of these schools are. Trumann, Gosnell & Rivercrest all in the 3A3. Pretty much no one got a worse shaft than Manila. Take the fact, they removed our "Bye" in the Regionals, pretty much sucks. We just got to man up & get it done.

KcSchoolem

Quote from: Hitman Warrior23 on January 16, 2019, 10:13:13 am
Girls:
Ctown
Hoxie
Mtn View

Seem to be way above the pack.
Charleston besides russellville is killing everyone!
Worst part is that Charleston led Russellville by 12 most of the way and faded at the end.

baller334

Quote from: Head Lion on January 17, 2019, 04:13:50 pm
Look where most of these schools are. Trumann, Gosnell & Rivercrest all in the 3A3. Pretty much no one got a worse shaft than Manila. Take the fact, they removed our "Bye" in the Regionals, pretty much sucks. We just got to man up & get it done.

It helps tho that they are all down this year so it's basically just Osceola to deal with

Head Lion

Quote from: baller334 on January 17, 2019, 08:37:44 pm
It helps tho that they are all down this year so it's basically just Osceola to deal with
I wouldn't call Trumann down & Brown can "go off" on any team. Just saying 3 of the top 7 in enrollment numbers are in same conference.

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: KcSchoolem on January 17, 2019, 07:54:03 pm
Worst part is that Charleston led Russellville by 12 most of the way and faded at the end.
I call those type of losses season building losses.

baller334

Quote from: Head Lion on January 17, 2019, 09:53:44 pm
I wouldn't call Trumann down & Brown can "go off" on any team. Just saying 3 of the top 7 in enrollment numbers are in same conference.

I agree Brown can be dangerous but he's not more times than he is. Trumann is so hit and miss so I really think the conference is just Manila and Osceolas to take. I do however see what your saying on the numbers but you have to admit this conference is way down from the past.

501Arkansas

Noles and lions have been running the table in the conference last couple years now. It'll be the same this year. Reminds me of Osceola and Jonesboro westside when we where in 4a. Use to be some fun battles against westside. Love to see Manila and Osceola play now. Has been good so far

RamblinRazorWreck

Quote from: LRRandy on January 17, 2019, 09:53:16 am
Teams have tried to get rough. He was shoved in the back after the whistle while a step oit of bounds at Glen Rose the other night ( class move #10 ) and he just shrugged and went on about his game.

Glen Rose has a very good team and the possibility of having a great season, if they focus on basketball and don't let the punk mentality and Glen Rose reputation bite them on the backside.  I watched that incident again on video, and it is worthy of reporting to the authorities (shoved for about 15 feet thru the cheerleaders and all the way to the wall), as were the back-to-back fouls that were deemed to be "on the floor" non-shooting fouls.  That 2 to 3 minute sequence in the game was beyond ridiculous. 

But hey, water off a duck's back, huh?   8) 

LRRandy

Quote from: RamblinRazorWreck on January 18, 2019, 09:34:41 am

Glen Rose has a very good team and the possibility of having a great season, if they focus on basketball and don't let the punk mentality and Glen Rose reputation bite them on the backside.  I watched that incident again on video, and it is worthy of reporting to the authorities (shoved for about 15 feet thru the cheerleaders and all the way to the wall), as were the back-to-back fouls that were deemed to be "on the floor" non-shooting fouls.  That 2 to 3 minute sequence in the game was beyond ridiculous. 

But hey, water off a duck's back, huh?   8)
that's where Isaac's character shines through. He was unflappable ( pun intended ). He went about his business of leading his team from a tight 2 point game to up 18 points in a blink of an eye. All without letting the other team drag him down to their level.

CoolBreeze

After a second win over Tuckerman (now 25-3) on Thursday night, Harding Academy must be considered a legitimate candidate. Especially since they haven't last to anyone lower than 4A all season.

Ctucker

Quote from: CoolBreeze on January 19, 2019, 11:11:05 am
After a second win over Tuckerman (now 25-3) on Thursday night, Harding Academy must be considered a legitimate candidate. Especially since they haven't last to anyone lower than 4A all season.
I would agree!

TTownfan

Quote from: CoolBreeze on January 19, 2019, 11:11:05 am

Without a doubt a contender. The addition of Patterson from Southside made them a 10 point better team than last year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas