• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WHO WAS THE MOST UNDERRATED AND OVERRATED TEAM THIS YEAR?

Started by FBGM501, November 26, 2018, 12:28:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bearcatdad

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 28, 2018, 11:54:49 am
Quote from: Bearcatdad on November 28, 2018, 11:46:19 am
Are you still trying to push Clinton on everyone?????
[/quote/] I have never tried to push Clinton on anyone. Just refuting obviously false conclusions drawn by people who for some reason seem to have a vendetta against Clinton and the 2-3A.

Lol ok

elmerfudd

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 28, 2018, 11:26:28 am
I didn't say they were. I said that they could be. All we know at this point is that one team, Prescott, is better than they were. How early you lose may have more to do with scheduling than quality. Until someone beats the Curley Wolves, we don't know that any other team is better than Clinton.

Buddy, even if Prescott wins it all and beat every team by 100, good luck convincing anyone that Clinton is #2.

GOOD. LUCK.

KOJACK

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 28, 2018, 12:10:01 pm
Buddy, even if Prescott wins it all and beat every team by 100, good luck convincing anyone that Clinton is #2.

GOOD. LUCK.
More proof

elmerfudd

Quote from: KOJACK on November 28, 2018, 02:47:38 pm
More proof

Haha at this point, all I'm proving is what a "KOJACK genius" you are! It's ok though...Lamar fans doubted me, Clinton fans doubted me (Mr. Breeze still does), and now KOJACK. You'd think people would learn by now. 🤷🏻‍♂️

CoolBreeze

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 28, 2018, 12:10:01 pm

GOOD. LUCK.
Once again. I am not trying to convince anyone that Clinton is No. 2. I merely responded to someone who seems obsessed with continuing to put Clinton down even though they haven't played in over a week.

panther07

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 28, 2018, 03:11:09 pm
Haha at this point, all I'm proving is what a "KOJACK genius" you are! It's ok though...Lamar fans doubted me, Clinton fans doubted me (Mr. Breeze still does), and now KOJACK. You'd think people would learn by now. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Or maybe...just maybe... take somebody who has seen them play.  I don't know though.  That might be a stretch. 

elmerfudd

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 27, 2018, 11:17:55 am
Yet to be determined. For all we know at this point, they could be the 2nd best team in 3A. Let's wait and see how the rest of the "elite" teams fare against Prescott.

"Yet to be determined"......yes it has. They lost in the 2nd round.

"For all we know at this point, they could be the 2nd best team in 3A."......yea, again, good luck with that.

elmerfudd

Quote from: panther07 on November 28, 2018, 04:32:07 pm
Or maybe...just maybe... take somebody who has seen them play.  I don't know though.  That might be a stretch.

Like myself?

KOJACK

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 28, 2018, 04:43:54 pm
Smack, Clinton and McGehee
So you've seen Clinton play McGehee, Smackover and Clinton...I'd love to see film on those games...Once again, point proven ;D

beach bum

November 28, 2018, 06:23:44 pm #61 Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 06:27:24 pm by beach bum
Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 28, 2018, 04:23:59 pm
Once again. I am not trying to convince anyone that Clinton is No. 2. I merely responded to someone who seems obsessed with continuing to put Clinton down even though they haven't played in over a week.

No one is putting them down.... They were a #5-10 type team who had a good season and who lost in the 2nd round. How can Clinton even be considered better than Smackover ( who got one round further than Clinton) and  they actually beat Prescott. So they beat Prescott and make it a round further than Clinton yet you have the nerve to claim they aren't as good as Clinton even?  There are four teams who are still playing right now who made it two rounds further than them along with Smackover who are blatantly better than Clinton. You are the one leaving them open to criticism with absurd claims that they are possibly the 2nd best team. You don't see it, but you saying that is a complete disservice to the 4 teams left and you are the one trying to drag down the 4 teams left who are plain as day the best 4 teams in 3A. You do realize this is a thread of who was overrated and underrated.... And its plain as day who the most overrated team was so of course they will be talked about on this thread   .... Again, read the name of this thread  ::)

elmerfudd

Quote from: KOJACK on November 28, 2018, 06:14:54 pm
So you've seen Clinton play McGehee, Smackover and Clinton...I'd love to see film on those games...Once again, point proven ;D

Im not so sure you would....I feel better and better about Booneville advancing each time I watch them.

Zebras98

Quote from: CURLEYWOLF24 on November 26, 2018, 03:03:34 pm
Overrated- Glen Rose, Newport, and McGehee
Underrated- Rison, what did Hootens have them starting out?
13, but just so happen to be 3 right now. I've heard many people from Rison say they like being the underdogs, though.

Zebras98

Quote from: The Voice Seminole Nation on November 27, 2018, 03:01:17 pm
That shows that you know nothing about Osceola. You see, we have 3 studs that can play quarterback.  Osceola has no superstars.  In Coach Hooks offense, we just need the players to do their job.  That's what is so good about his offense, everyone does their job well.  The Wildcats will find that out Friday night.  Don't key on one kid, we will beat you with another.  Just the facts Curley Wolf24, You guys ought to know better than anyone...Who stopped your state championship run last year.  Answer, if you make it past Booneville, it will be that same team again!!!!!
I hope y'all aren't just keying on one player for your game Friday night. I've seen where Rison can explode with more than at least six different players.

501Arkansas

Quote from: Zebras98 on November 28, 2018, 09:42:44 pm
I hope y'all aren't just keying on one player for your game Friday night. I've seen where Rison can explode with more than at least six different players.
Osceola has 6-7 as well hope rison doesn't key on one player

1wildcat

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 28, 2018, 10:13:03 pm
Osceola has 6-7 as well hope rison doesn't key on one player
I really do admire the pride and faith you have in your team. The way it should be.

501Arkansas

CoolBreeze

Quote from: beach bum on November 28, 2018, 06:23:44 pm

No one is putting them down.... They were a #5-10 type team who had a good season and who lost in the 2nd round. How can Clinton even be considered better than Smackover ( who got one round further than Clinton) and  they actually beat Prescott. So they beat Prescott and make it a round further than Clinton yet you have the nerve to claim they aren't as good as Clinton even?  There are four teams who are still playing right now who made it two rounds further than them along with Smackover who are blatantly better than Clinton. You are the one leaving them open to criticism with absurd claims that they are possibly the 2nd best team. You don't see it, but you saying that is a complete disservice to the 4 teams left and you are the one trying to drag down the 4 teams left who are plain as day the best 4 teams in 3A. You do realize this is a thread of who was overrated and underrated.... And its plain as day who the most overrated team was so of course they will be talked about on this thread   .... Again, read the name of this thread  ::)
It's clear that facts and logic don't matter to people who have their minds made up. Nevertheless, I will state the facts one last time.

Losing later in the process does NOT necessarily prove that a teams is better than one that lost earlier.

Case in point: In 2011, Harding Academy lost to Charleston in the quarterfinals while Barton lost to Charleston in WMS. That did not prove that Barton was a stronger team than HA, who beat them by 3 scores. Barton just had an easier road through the playoffs.

None are so blind as those who will not see.

elmerfudd

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 29, 2018, 11:42:58 am
It's clear that facts and logic don't matter to people who have their minds made up. Nevertheless, I will state the facts one last time.

Losing later in the process does NOT necessarily prove that a teams is better than one that lost earlier.

Case in point: In 2011, Harding Academy lost to Charleston in the quarterfinals while Barton lost to Charleston in WMS. That did not prove that Barton was a stronger team than HA, who beat them by 3 scores. Barton just had an easier road through the playoffs.

And that's supposed to prove HA was the #2 team in the state that year?!?

Jimbo Morphis

Chief_Osceola™

I get what you're saying, and it certainly has some merit, but you can't use the transitive property when deciding whether team A is better than team C, D, or E.

OLDSCHOOL82

There are so many "if" variables with any sporting event.  You will lose this argument all the time.  It's like saying, Team A should be ranked higher than team B becaused they lost to them by 1 point even though team A's starting qb blew his knee out the first play.  Then you have the matchup.  Team A may look like the superior team, but loses to team B due to the matchup problems only Team A has with the weaker team B.  See where im going?  Anyways....If you aint first your last so why are we arguing over the order of the losers? Means nothing.

1wildcat

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 29, 2018, 12:28:25 pm
There are so many "if" variables with any sporting event.  You will lose this argument all the time.  It's like saying, Team A should be ranked higher than team B becaused they lost to them by 1 point even though team A's starting qb blew his knee out the first play.  Then you have the matchup.  Team A may look like the superior team, but loses to team B due to the matchup problems only Team A has with the weaker team B.  See where im going?  Anyways....If you aint first your last so why are we arguing over the order of the losers? Means nothing.
What if team A's QB had a case of full body cramps?

OLDSCHOOL82

Curleywolf Fan

November 29, 2018, 05:45:39 pm #75 Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 05:47:55 pm by Curleywolf Fan

I don't know if Barton had a easier road or not. I know they beat a 13 and 0 Prescott team in Prescott in the semifinals. We had to beat a 12 and 0 Earle team averaging 50+ points a game at Earle to get a home semifinal game and after leading Barton 20 to 6 at halftime I guess Prescott was already thinking about the state championship game and forgot they still had a second half to play and they  out scored us 41 to 7 in the second half and beat us 42 to 27. I was there and still can't believe that really happened! 😁

Sick Dog

Yes that all matter. That why UCF wont make the college football playoffs. They will be undefeated (maybe) and wont make it because they will say its because their QB broke his leg.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Sick Dog on November 29, 2018, 08:11:50 pm
Yes that all matter. That why UCF wont make the college football playoffs. They will be undefeated (maybe) and wont make it because they will say its because their QB broke his leg.
They wouldn't have made it before he broke his leg. Just like before.

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: beach bum on November 28, 2018, 06:23:44 pm

Seen both play, Clinton would steam roll Smackover.

beach bum

Quote from: CURLEYWOLF24 on November 30, 2018, 07:11:55 am

Could steam roll them based on they actually beat you?  And the other team lost by 3 scores? OK lol

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: CURLEYWOLF24 on November 30, 2018, 07:11:55 am

And wa la......credibility in posts gone!!

beach bum

November 30, 2018, 12:32:47 pm #81 Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 12:34:59 pm by beach bum
Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on November 30, 2018, 12:31:43 pm
And wa la......credibility in posts gone!!

Bingo.... I have never seen so many people base their rankings off "what ifs" and "perceptual potential" as opposed to what actually happened on the field and the final reading on the score board.

xadboy

My third cousins step sisters boyfriend's nephew was standing on the corner just down from the stadium where the old slurp & burp (where they had the 75 cent chili cheese dogs on sale for 50 cents on game day) used to be, when the opposing teams bus went by. He turned to his friends and said our bus is nicer than that, which means we are better than them!

Skip Baymore

November 30, 2018, 11:08:28 pm #83 Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 11:29:54 pm by Skip Baymore

I think we have the best 4 still playing this year (if Smackover beat Osceola would think the same) but agree.  The HA/Chucktown game in 2013 even a better example, IMO.  Ty Storey throws 7 touchdown passes against #1 HA and ends a 25 game winning streak in the quarterfinals (then goes on to demolish GR in the championship).  HA definitely the 2nd best team that year.  And good timing for this, what about Booneville/Prescott, 2 top 5 teams that year meeting in the 2nd round a couple of years later.  It was unfortunate to see that match up so early.  Anyway, its storming outside and wish we'd be talking about tonight's games.

Skip Baymore

Not sure what I did there CoolBreeze but my comment is the last paragraph, lol.

beaverfan007

CoolBreeze

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 29, 2018, 11:49:05 am
And that's supposed to prove HA was the #2 team in the state that year?!?
No! Only that the fact that Barton made the finals and lost to the same team that beat HA earlier in the playoffs did not establish conclusively that Barton was the better team. The same point I have made endlessly and that you seem incapable of grasping.

elmerfudd

Quote from: CoolBreeze on December 01, 2018, 11:23:48 am
No! Only that the fact that Barton made the finals and lost to the same team that beat HA earlier in the playoffs did not establish conclusively that Barton was the better team. The same point I have made endlessly and that you seem incapable of grasping.

I can definitely grasp the fact that Clinton will NEVER be considered as the second best team in 3A for 2018, regardless of how the remainder of the season plays out.

beach bum

December 01, 2018, 09:41:07 pm #88 Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 09:52:06 pm by beach bum
Quote from: elmerfudd on December 01, 2018, 12:27:25 pm
I can definitely grasp the fact that Clinton will NEVER be considered as the second best team in 3A for 2018, regardless of how the remainder of the season plays out.

The only time I give posters a hard time on this site are blind homers and people that blame the refs.... All the other times I am just completely joking if something ridiculous is said on my part. But, he is being a blind homer to try and justify why the 2-3A was not as bad as it obviously was.  Now that the postseason has played out here is how I rank the conferences and others may disagree.....

1. 5-3A( I put them on top even though you Cats beat Prescott cause I think the 3 teams they had in the final 8 shows a little more depth than any other league)

2. 1-3A (Booneville boosts the league rating, plus the middle of the league was at least comparable to everyone except for the 5-3A having a better middle of the league)

3. 3-3A
4. 6-3A (I bunched these two together cause people could switch these two conferences and I would say that was just fine too, both of them were solid, but not great overall. If the 3-3A had someone else really good to go with Osceola then one could definitely have a good argument to move the 3-3A in that top 2 discussion. I also think these two conferences were probably pretty close to the 1-3A too)

5. 4-3A

6. 2-3A ( I put the 4-3A ahead of the 2-3A cause I think Clinton and Glen Rose are similar, but the 2-4 seeds in the 4-3A were definitely better than the 2-4 seeds in the 2-3A. A team like Danville & Atkins were light years ahead of Melbourne and Mt View. That is again why I put the 4-3A ahead of the 2-3A)

elmerfudd

Quote from: beach bum on December 01, 2018, 09:41:07 pm

The only time I give posters a hard time on this site are blind homers and people that blame the refs.... All the other times I am just completely joking if something ridiculous is said on my part. But, he is being a blind homer to try and justify why the 2-3A was not as bad as it obviously was.  Now that the postseason has played out here is how I rank the conferences and others may disagree.....

1. 5-3A( I put them on top even though you Cats beat Prescott cause I think the 3 teams they had in the final 8 shows a little more depth than any other league)

2. 1-3A (Booneville boosts the league rating, plus the middle of the league was at least comparable to everyone except for the 5-3A having a better middle of the league)

3. 3-3A
4. 6-3A (I bunched these two together cause people could switch these two conferences and I would say that was just fine too, both of them were solid, but not great overall. If the 3-3A had someone else really good to go with Osceola then one could definitely have a good argument to move the 3-3A in that top 2 discussion. I also think these two conferences were probably pretty close to the 1-3A too)

5. 4-3A

6. 2-3A ( I put the 4-3A ahead of the 2-3A cause I think Clinton and Glen Rose are similar, but the 2-4 seeds in the 4-3A were definitely better than the 2-4 seeds in the 2-3A. A team like Danville & Atkins were light years ahead of Melbourne and Mt View. That is again why I put the 4-3A ahead of the 2-3A)

5-3A was definitely the best!

CoolBreeze

Quote from: elmerfudd on December 01, 2018, 12:27:25 pm
But you seem to be totally incapable of understanding that I never said they were.

elmerfudd

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 27, 2018, 11:17:55 am
Yet to be determined. For all we know at this point, they could be the 2nd best team in 3A. Let's wait and see how the rest of the "elite" teams fare against Prescott.

It's been determined. Plain and simple. Good luck next year.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: beach bum on December 01, 2018, 09:41:07 pm

3. 3-3A

5. 4-3A

I was not being a blind homer. I'm not even a Clinton fan. Nor was I trying to claim that the 2-3A was not the weakest conference. That was undoubtedly true. They sent two teams to the playoffs who had no business being there and placed three teams in Hootens bottom six. However, that does not necessarily prove that Clinton was inferior to everyone who made it to the next round of the playoffs. That is all I have been trying to get across. Also, please note that others have made a similar point by examples of where a better team lost earlier in the playoffs. But I suppose they are blind homers, too.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas