• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Would Kevin Kelly win at any Classifaction besides in Little Rock ?

Started by chaingang, November 25, 2018, 09:57:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Quote from: 72113 on December 03, 2018, 04:04:25 pm
New stadium with field turf.  Not sure about an indoor facility.

Game changer for Moody, IMO. Along with grabbing some JA Fair kids that could contribute.....and snagging some charter school kids/PCSSD kids who want that "new school" environment.

MDXPHD

Quote from: AirWarren on December 03, 2018, 04:07:44 pm
Game changer for Moody, IMO. Along with grabbing some JA Fair kids that could contribute.....and snagging some charter school kids/PCSSD kids who want that "new school" environment.

Problem is that he will most likely be competing against NLR, Bryant, etc and not the 5A.

footballfan-tastic

What about some of the lower division schools that cannot seem to ever win more than a game or two?  What's the problem in those places that they never win and they try new coaches over and over and nobody can get a change done?

AirWarren

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 03, 2018, 04:32:39 pm
Problem is that he will most likely be competing against NLR, Bryant, etc and not the 5A.

They are going to be adding some kids that need coaching in JA Fair and a honest football program. Once moody gets his hands on the JA fair athletes, he will have some honest depth. Which will be nice. But yes. It's going to be tough.

Wonder what happens to the campuses of LRM and JA fair?

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: AirWarren on December 03, 2018, 05:25:17 pm
They are going to be adding some kids that need coaching in JA Fair and a honest football program. Once moody gets his hands on the JA fair athletes, he will have some honest depth. Which will be nice. But yes. It's going to be tough.

Wonder what happens to the campuses of LRM and JA fair?
There are new laws on the books that would allow a group wanting to start a private school can force the PCSSD to let them use the properties to open schools. Yes, you read that right. A Charter school can go into any district in the state and find an unused building and the school district will have to allow the Charter school to use the facility.

AirWarren

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on December 03, 2018, 05:34:31 pm
There are new laws on the books that would allow a group wanting to start a private school can force the PCSSD to let them use the properties to open schools. Yes, you read that right. A Charter school can go into any district in the state and find an unused building and the school district will have to allow the Charter school to use the facility.

Correct. Was curious who all knows this.

Well. These would be LRSD. Not PCSSD. Same premise.

I mentioned to my wife this weekend....I bet ESTEM will look into this. They have a growing basketball team and they have to use other schools gyms and they use the Ark school for the deaf and blind's gym for their home games.

And then you have the UALR/ESTEM stuff going on. I would suspect ESTEM would love their own functional campus. JA fair off of colonel Glenn and 430 would be functional.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: AirWarren on December 03, 2018, 06:05:16 pm
Correct. Was curious who all knows this.

Well. These would be LRSD. Not PCSSD. Same premise.

I mentioned to my wife this weekend....I bet ESTEM will look into this. They have a growing basketball team and they have to use other schools gyms and they use the Ark school for the deaf and blind's gym for their home games.

And then you have the UALR/ESTEM stuff going on. I would suspect ESTEM would love their own functional campus. JA fair off of colonel Glenn and 430 would be functional.
Yeah, LRSD. I saw the LRM and equated it with Mills.

Someone will try you would think. The only way out of it would be to auction off the properties and then you wouldn't be able to control who came in. If the legislation being kicked around now comes to pass and they attach funding to the students and allow it to follow them to private schools, It won't shock me to see some of those private school corporations try and move into the LR area.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas