• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEMIFINALS - Rison @ Osceola

Started by 501Arkansas, November 23, 2018, 09:36:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who you got?

Osceola
34 (28.6%)
Rison
85 (71.4%)

Total Members Voted: 119

501Arkansas

Quote from: blackandoldgold on November 27, 2018, 07:00:44 pm
Hats off to Osceola for Jonathan Adams. He was one of the best running back I ever had the pleasure of watching play football over the last 50 years or so.

If you guys had him Friday night, Rison could stay home & phone it in. He was truly a difference maker.

You young guns at Osceola, if you didn't see him play you missed a great one.
Oh yeah he was a monster back in the days man. His school record for most rushing yards in a season was broken back in 2011 by Tony Dancy. He was a beast also

sportsguy80

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 27, 2018, 07:06:34 pm
Oh yeah he was a monster back in the days man. His school record for most rushing yards in a season was broken back in 2011 by Tony Dancy. He was a beast also
He was something serious on the track too.

501Arkansas

ISU7

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 27, 2018, 11:06:35 am
I hate to burst your bubble, but RC was one dimensional in 2015 and it cost them at WMS. Harding Academy managed to slow down the most prolific rusher in the state and they had nothing else. Had they had a passing attack, even a mediocre one, they likely would have another state championship.
So a one dimensional team out played all those balance attack teams and made it to WMS. I will take that any day they didn't win it but they sure made it. 🤣🤣

1wildcat

Last week I picked Bonneville over CHG by 30 and it didn't happen. The reason why doesn't change the fact that it didn't happen. I just made a bad prediction that didn't work out like I thought it would.

So with that being said, in this game I'm just gonna say Rison by a bunch!  ;D

501Arkansas

Quote from: 1wildcat on November 27, 2018, 11:16:30 pm
Last week I picked Bonneville over CHG by 30 and it didn't happen. The reason why doesn't change the fact that it didn't happen. I just made a bad prediction that didn't work out like I thought it would.

Lol

Waterboy94

I'm going with Rison 40-35.  Osceola line looks slow.  Quartback is good.  Quarterback keep or passbook most plays.  If the defense from the past few weeks shows up, Cats roll on.

Skip Baymore

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 27, 2018, 11:06:35 am
I hate to burst your bubble, but RC was one dimensional in 2015 and it cost them at WMS. Harding Academy managed to slow down the most prolific rusher in the state and they had nothing else. Had they had a passing attack, even a mediocre one, they likely would have another state championship.

Have to disagree here CoolBreeze.  One dimensional type teams can win it all if good enough.  And the RC 2015 team, with their legendary running back that year might have won that game with a good passing game, but they didnt have it that year!  Still good enough to play for the trophy though, but not the best team in 2015.  And what if HA typically had the running game or a running back that most teams have that get that far?  Humm... and you know this.   Bottom line, it is very hard to be the last one standing any year.  This year no different, 4 great teams but only one will outlast the others. 

1wildcat

Quote from: RHScats on November 27, 2018, 01:40:16 am
95% of what Rison has accomplished on the field EVER has been that very run game.  If it's not broke, don't fix it.
Now don't forget that it was a passing play that broke Barton's back and ended their 63 game winning streak. Perhaps we should look at allowing our punters to pass more often.

sprained ankle

Hooks will have the Osceola ready to play. Osceola has to take care of the football, they have a tendency to get sloppy at times. They will be hard to beat at home. Noles in a tight one.

501Arkansas

Quote from: sprained ankle on November 28, 2018, 03:00:18 am
Hooks will have the Osceola ready to play. Osceola has to take care of the football, they have a tendency to get sloppy at times. They will be hard to beat at home. Noles in a tight one.
+1 they'll be lock, loaded and ready to go

RHScats

Quote from: 1wildcat on November 28, 2018, 12:18:51 am
Now don't forget that it was a passing play that broke Barton's back and ended their 63 game winning streak. Perhaps we should look at allowing our punters to pass more often.
yeah, fake punt but I also said 95%

501Arkansas

Quote from: Waterboy94 on November 27, 2018, 11:50:43 pm
I'm going with Rison 40-35.  Osceola line looks slow.  Quartback is good.  Quarterback keep or passbook most plays.  If the defense from the past few weeks shows up, Cats roll on.
lol

Tristram Shandy

Given that Hooten's picked Osceola, I'm going with Rison 44-20.

ISU7

CoolBreeze

Quote from: 1wildcat on November 27, 2018, 11:16:30 pm

That won't work out either.

RHScats

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 28, 2018, 11:18:03 am
according to the majority with this poll it will, but hey, what do we know.

Bearcatdad

Well it was 43-6 and they scored on the 2nd string and our 2nd string took a knee at the 4 yard line at end of the game so technically it was we were just really nice to them

CoolBreeze

Quote from: RHScats on November 28, 2018, 11:22:22 am
according to the majority with this poll it will, but hey, what do we know.
Hootens was 4-0 last week. As was I, for that matter.

RHScats

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 28, 2018, 11:45:56 am
Hootens was 4-0 last week. As was I, for that matter.
Yeah, a blind hog finds a root on occasion.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: RHScats on November 28, 2018, 11:50:04 am
Yeah, a blind hog finds a root on occasion.
Why would a hog want a root?

1wildcat

Yeah I know, remember you said the same thing about Mayflower too! So I trust you just as much this go round.

501Arkansas

Quote from: 1wildcat on November 27, 2018, 01:15:49 pm
  Rison is far from being a nobody
They are apart of "NOBODY" scoring 50 on Osceola. Only way that will happen is if both teams doesn't play defense and it be a shootout.

1wildcat

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 28, 2018, 01:01:22 pm
They are apart of "NOBODY" scoring 50 on Osceola. Only way that will happen is if both teams doesn't play defense and it be a shootout.
So far I think all our playoff opponents have said the same thing right up to the point they received their education, and changed it to dang them Wildcats really are for real. I'm not sure if you're really saying that or if it's just an echo flowing through you. Really doesn't matter though, you'll receive the same education either way. So go ahead and carry on with your crowing while you still can. Your day's are numbered!

Bearcatdad

Quote from: 1wildcat on November 28, 2018, 01:20:38 pm
So far I think all our playoff opponents have said the same thing right up to the point they received their education, and changed it to dang them Wildcats really are for real. I'm not sure if you're really saying that or if it's just an echo flowing through you. Really doesn't matter though, you'll receive the same education either way. So go ahead and carry on with your crowing while you still can. Your day's are numbered!
+1 lots of doubters

RHScats

Quote from: 1wildcat on November 28, 2018, 01:20:38 pm
The thought of a team fresh out of 2a coming to their place in the semi's and putting them in their place is just too much for them.

501Arkansas

It's going to be some long and sad rison fan faces after the game Friday night. It's going to be a long and sad 3 1/2 hr ride back home with their first "L" of the season smh

RHScats

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 28, 2018, 01:33:11 pm
It's going to be some long and sad rison fan faces after the game Friday night. It's going to be a long and sad 3 1/2 hr ride back home with their first "L" of the season smh
you should change your name to James Hoffa.  You will disappear come Friday night.  All we will have are your entertaining post's to poke fun at.

1wildcat

Quote from: Bearcatdad on November 28, 2018, 01:23:50 pm
+1 lots of doubters
On a positive note they can all gather round next week and watch a real game, compare notes and have shared study sessions.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 28, 2018, 01:33:11 pm
It’s going to be some long and sad rison fan faces after the game Friday night. It’s going to be a long and sad 3 1/2 hr ride back home with their first “L” of the season smh
About the same distance as Drew Central to Osceola.

Bearcatdad

Quote from: 1wildcat on November 28, 2018, 01:40:04 pm
On a positive note they can all gather round next week and watch a real game, compare notes and have shared study sessions.

True Dat.  They can even come visit us at half time and we will tell them i told you so

501Arkansas

Quote from: Oldman on November 28, 2018, 01:53:35 pm
And 9 minutes less from McGehee to Wilson(Rivercrest) And 52 minutes from McGehee to Prescott.

Nature Boy

Quote from: Oldman on November 28, 2018, 01:53:35 pm

or McGehee to Rivercrest

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 28, 2018, 02:11:13 pm
And 9 minutes less from McGehee to Wilson(Rivercrest) And 52 minutes from McGehee to Prescott.
No sir it was Wilson to Tunica and Prescott to Mcgehee was foggy and much worse. Only difference is I never predicted a victory over either.   

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Nature Boy on November 28, 2018, 02:13:38 pm
or McGehee to Rivercrest
Already two of us fishing here. Get your own spot.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: 1wildcat on November 28, 2018, 12:55:32 pm
Yeah I know, remember you said the same thing about Mayflower too! So I trust you just as much this go round.
If you will read the original posts carefully, you'll see that I did not predict a Rison loss, only that they would not win by a bunch.

ISU7

Quote from: RHScats on November 28, 2018, 01:39:50 pm
you should change your name to James Hoffa.  You will disappear come Friday night.  All we will have are your entertaining post's to poke fun at.
He did Crest the same way last season this guy just talk noise but he supports his Noles. Don't worry if the Noles lose he makes a basketball post the same night probably before midnight. 🤣😂💯
Good luck to both teams safe travels to Rison and their fans I hope the weather doesn't affect yall traveling. 🙏

ISU7

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 28, 2018, 02:11:13 pm
Ouch . C'mon 501 🤣😂🤣🤣

501Arkansas

Quote from: ISU7 on November 28, 2018, 05:08:31 pm
Ouch . C'mon 501 🤣😂🤣🤣
Hey man you know I don't play about my noles man lol

501Arkansas

Quote from: ISU7 on November 28, 2018, 05:05:25 pm
He did Crest the same way last season this guy just talk noise but he supports his Noles. Don't worry if the Noles lose he makes a basketball post the same night probably before midnight. 🤣😂💯
Good luck to both teams safe travels to Rison and their fans I hope the weather doesn't affect yall traveling. 🙏
You darn right, I'm a basketball guy anyway

ISU7

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 28, 2018, 05:33:20 pm
Hey man you know I don't play about my noles man lol
None at all 😂😂💯

HoodRat

Quote from: RHScats on November 28, 2018, 01:24:19 pm
The thought of a team fresh out of 2a coming to their place in the semi's and putting them in their place is just too much for them.
I personally dont think that the fact of them coming straight out of 2a should give anybody a reason to doubt them, but all the more reaon to support them, since they have made it almost all the way to the top. But, Osceloa had better get buckled up and ready! Them boys down in Cleveland County are pumped and ready already.

BAMA#16

This thread is falling behind the other, pick it up fellas...

501Arkansas

Quote from: HoodRat on November 28, 2018, 09:58:54 pm
I personally dont think that the fact of them coming straight out of 2a should give anybody a reason to doubt them, but all the more reaon to support them, since they have made it almost all the way to the top. But, Osceloa had better get buckled up and ready! Them boys down in Cleveland County are pumped and ready already.
Them boys from Mississippi County always ready

501Arkansas

Quote from: BAMA#16 on November 28, 2018, 10:06:19 pm
This thread is falling behind the other, pick it up fellas...
Big time

Skip Baymore

Quote from: blackandoldgold on November 27, 2018, 07:00:44 pm
Hats off to Osceola for Jonathan Adams. He was one of the best running back I ever had the pleasure of watching play football over the last 50 years or so.

If you guys had him Friday night, Rison could stay home & phone it in. He was truly a difference maker.

You young guns at Osceola, if you didn't see him play you missed a great one.

He was incredible to watch.   At times looked unfair to the other team.   

501Arkansas

Chief_Osceola™

Preface: this is nothing personal against Rison. I highly respect your program and its long track record of success. You guys are in my top 5-6 respected programs statewide. I will not be disappointed if you win.

All that being said, Go Noles. It's almost a given that I would favor a school named the Osceola Seminoles for obvious reasons.

That may change next week, depending on whether or not the Noles win and who their opponent would be.

501Arkansas

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on November 29, 2018, 12:23:40 am
Preface: this is nothing personal against Rison. I highly respect your program and its long track record of success. You guys are in my top 5-6 respected programs statewide. I will not be disappointed if you win.

All that being said, Go Noles. It's almost a given that I would favor a school named the Osceola Seminoles for obvious reasons.

That may change next week, depending on whether or not the Noles win and who their opponent would be.
+1 good deal

WonderWartHawg

Will be interesting to see how Rison handles the little 'extras' that are coming along with this game, on top of playing a decent team at their place.

Long bus ride... longest of the year by far, although Barton was a pretty good ride. At least the Cats will be on a comfortable chartered bus instead of a Yellow Dog.

Inclement weather... Cats had two games called at halftime this year because of heavy rain. They had insurmountable leads by then so the opposing coach was okay with just getting on the bus and heading home. Sounds like there could be thunderstorms for the game tomorrow. Possible lightning delays. Rain and more rain. Rains on both sidelines though.

Cats are looking forward to this game though and will be ready to rumble. Should be a great game!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas