• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best odds at an Upset

Started by Best Seats in the House, November 19, 2018, 08:43:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Best Seats in the House

November 19, 2018, 08:43:46 am Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 10:14:43 am by Best Seats in the House
Of the four teams that will not be picked to win, which one has the best chance for an upset?  Everyone is promoting their team, but logistically, which team has the makeup to be the best to watch for a possible upset. 

JeffSavagIV

I believe Osceola has the best chance of an upset this week if we're even gonna call it an "upset". The game will be tight either way and I do think the Bucks win it but both teams will have to be on their A+ game to win on Friday. Especially after that good eating on Thursday.

Waterboy94

Like what was said above, not sure any of these games could be called an upset.  All teams left have shown to be good.  Still worried about my cats.  Don't believe they have been behind all year.  Assuming Lamar will be the best team they have played, I wonder how they will do if they were to get behind. Show up or shut down. We will see

Jimbo Morphis

I think Rison could upset Lamar.

RHScats

Quote from: Oldman on November 19, 2018, 10:33:54 am
OM, you forget your meds this morning? lol jk.

Horse Shoe

Quote from: Oldman on November 19, 2018, 10:33:54 am
LOL  Those Lamar folks are on the search for that same elusive respect that Clinton was hunting for.

tmycjy

The best upset could be Camden HG beating Booneville

AmSycho

Quote from: Horse Shoe on November 19, 2018, 10:47:19 am
LOL  Those Lamar folks are on the search for that same elusive respect that Clinton was hunting for.

Exhibit A ^^^^^^^
LOLOL where's elmerfudd??

Bearcatdad

I really haven't seen anywhere that Lamar is asking for or demanding respect like clinton has done all year.  Lamar will pretty much just show up and play and it is what it is.  If Lamar shows up like they can it will be a really good game.  Not saying they will beat Rison, but at this point anything can happen, and they are a very well coached football team with some good players.

xadboy

Quote from: Bearcatdad on November 19, 2018, 01:19:52 pm
I really haven't seen anywhere that Lamar is asking for or demanding respect like clinton has done all year.  Lamar will pretty much just show up and play and it is what it is.  If Lamar shows up like they can it will be a really good game.  Not saying they will beat Rison, but at this point anything can happen, and they are a very well coached football team with some good players.
+1

Jimbo Morphis

My post was not directed at anyone from Lamar.

elmerfudd

Quote from: AmSycho on November 19, 2018, 01:15:20 pm

Exhibit A ^^^^^^^
LOLOL where's elmerfudd??

I'm glad to see my charming sense of humor and superior intellect has rubbed off on someone!

I'll give Lamar posters credit, they learned their lesson and piped down a bit after two straight spankings. Before those two weeks, they were right there with Clinton, tugging on everyone's sleeve for attention simply because they were undefeated at the time. It's too bad Clinton posters couldn't watch and learn the same lesson before they made the same mistake. Some just have to learn the hard way, I guess.  ;D

CoolBreeze

If it's considered an upset, Osceola for sure. Least likely, Lamar at Rison.

AmSycho

Quote from: elmerfudd on November 19, 2018, 03:57:17 pm
I'm glad to see my charming sense of humor and superior intellect has rubbed off on someone!

I'll give Lamar posters credit, they learned their lesson and piped down a bit after two straight spankings. Before those two weeks, they were right there with Clinton, tugging on everyone's sleeve for attention simply because they were undefeated at the time. It's too bad Clinton posters couldn't watch and learn the same lesson before they made the same mistake. Some just have to learn the hard way, I guess.  ;D

You're my boy, Blue. You're my boy .

Sick Dog

I think you need to refer to the elite programs thread. According to it there is no way possible Rison gets beat by Lamar.

HorseFeathers

Danville and Hector shouldn't have beat Rison their last two years in 2a according to that thread 🤷

Risonwildcat212

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 19, 2018, 08:17:21 pm
Danville and Hector shouldn't have beat Rison their last two years in 2a according to that thread 🤷
The Rison team that lost to Hector lost in the title game the previous year and was depleted of most of the talent that got them there. Heck that team went 6-4, a mediocre record for a Rison team. Last year was all about dumb mistakes. Penalties and turnovers costed Rison both of their losses. It happens to everyone. You just gotta hope it doesn't happen in the playoffs. This Rison team has yet to have those lapses in discipline and I hope they continue.

blackandoldgold

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 19, 2018, 08:17:21 pm

2015 Rison Lost to McCrory at WMS by 4 points. Had a good running back broke his leg second quarter.

2016 Hector thumped Rison @ Hector. They were looking for a little payback as Rison had taken Hector out of the playoffs twice recently & in fact just the year before.

2017 Rison loses to Danville by 2 points on the road. Rison loses another good RB to injury first half.

No excuses, just what happened. Many times championships at all levels are decided by just a few things, etc. plays or injuries. Just a fine line to winning or losing sometimes.

blackandoldgold

Quote from: JeffSavagIV on November 19, 2018, 09:23:58 am
I believe Osceola has the best chance of an upset this week if we're even gonna call it an "upset". The game will be tight either way and I do think the Bucks win it but both teams will have to be on their A+ game to win on Friday. Especially after that good eating on Thursday.
+1

ISU7

Quote from: JeffSavagIV on November 19, 2018, 09:23:58 am
Osceola is picked  to win by 1 therefore it wouldn't be an upset if they win.

blackandoldgold

Quote from: ISU7 on November 20, 2018, 12:05:50 am
Osceola is picked  to win by 1 therefore it wouldn't be an upset if they win.
Depends on who does the picking.

Hootens does have Osceola by 1. However Calpreps has it Smackover 41 Osceola 31.

Could be a great game. Hope weather doesn't play a factor.

Warriors023

Lamar wins by 8 against Rison. They take smash mouth, smart football and shove it down the wildcats throats and make them love it. Speed won't get you anything between the tackles. I'll take the warriors beating the cats at their own game.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Warriors023 on November 20, 2018, 12:19:33 am
Lamar wins by 8 against Rison. They take smash mouth, smart football and shove it down the wildcats throats and make them love it. Speed won't get you anything between the tackles. I'll take the warriors beating the cats at their own game.
Speed gets a lot between the tackles afte one missed tackle.

Risonwildcat212

Quote from: Oldman on November 20, 2018, 07:04:14 am
Speed gets a lot between the tackles afte one missed tackle.
I know, right. Also a Clay Totty coached team is going to be outsmarted according to this guy as well.

ISU7

Quote from: blackandoldgold on November 20, 2018, 12:19:20 am
Depends on who does the picking.

Hootens does have Osceola by 1. However Calpreps has it Smackover 41 Osceola 31.

Could be a great game. Hope weather doesn't play a factor.
[/quote\] Yep but Hootens is in Arkansas lol. Forecast for Smackover area  early Friday evening 100 percent chance of rain.

ISU7

Quote from: Risonwildcat212 on November 20, 2018, 07:10:29 am
I know, right. Also a Clay Totty coached team is going to be outsmarted according to this guy as well.
Cats win this one by 14

blackandoldgold

Calpreps & Hootens both didn't have their best prediction night last Friday. Hootens was 5-3 while Calpreps was only 4-4.

Both lost the McGehee - Newport, CHG - GR, Lamar - HA games while Calpreps also got the Prescott - Clinton game wrong.

Hootens has picked 86% of the games correctly (254-44) in 3A ball this year.

Hootens for ALL classifications this year is  83.16% (1047-212).
Calpreps is at 83.5% (486-96).
Keep in mind Calpreps doesn't start their predictions until the first game of October so that factors in only the last 7 weeks.

Hootens is local & probably considers the human factor while Calpreps I'm guessing is all about computers, formulas, & algorithms.

Statistics are fun stuff, but TD's usually win games.

ISU7

Quote from: blackandoldgold on November 20, 2018, 09:11:01 am
Calpreps & Hootens both didn't have their best prediction night last Friday. Hootens was 5-3 while Calpreps was only 4-4.

Both lost the McGehee - Newport, CHG - GR, Lamar - HA games while Calpreps also got the Prescott - Clinton game wrong.

Hootens has picked 86% of the games correctly (254-44) in 3A ball this year.

Hootens for ALL classifications this year is  83.16% (1047-212).
Calpreps is at 83.5% (486-96).
Keep in mind Calpreps doesn't start their predictions until the first game of October so that factors in only the last 7 weeks.

Hootens is local & probably considers the human factor while Calpreps I'm guessing is all about computers, formulas, & algorithms.

Statistics are fun stuff, but TD's usually win games.
Huh!!!! you mean defense win games right. lol ;D

CoolBreeze

Quote from: ISU7 on November 20, 2018, 12:15:05 pm
Huh!!!! you mean defense win games right. lol ;D
It's hard to win if you don't score.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 20, 2018, 04:57:54 pm
Impossible to lose if you give up 0 points.

ISU7

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 20, 2018, 04:57:54 pm
Believe it or not I've seen defenses score many times. Lol

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Oldman on November 20, 2018, 09:16:20 pm
Impossible to lose if you give up 0 points.
Also impossible to win if you score 0 points.

MR#1

Quote from: Warriors023 on November 20, 2018, 12:19:33 am

"They take smash mouth, smart football and shove it down the wildcats throats and make them love it." Those are powerful words. Otherwise, have a pleasant and safe trip to and from Rison. Good luck to your team. I hope it's a good game. Go Cats.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas