• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

QUARTERFINALS - Lamar @ Rison

Started by Hitman Warrior23, November 16, 2018, 09:50:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

High Voltage

Quote from: beach bum on November 24, 2018, 09:24:11 pm

You will say anything to make the 2-3A sound relevant for this season when we all know it was the worst conference by far..... This season has nothing to do with the past. This was a very basic HA team this year, while Rison is loaded this year. Of course HA has a program that is historically respected, but for their standards it was just an ok season.
Ding Ding, we have a winner! Bottom line Lamar is not a top tier  team.

bulldog

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP EXPLAIN THIS!!!!!

The Warriors were defeated 53-15 by the Rison Wildcats on Friday. It was a tough loss during which Coach Jones said a lot of mistakes were made.

"I felt like if we played really, really well, we could have scored on them more," he said. "It could have been back and forth. But we made mistakes.

WHAT!!!!!!!!!

1wildcat

Quote from: bulldog on November 29, 2018, 05:56:12 pm

The Warriors were defeated 53-15 by the Rison Wildcats on Friday. It was a tough loss during which Coach Jones said a lot of mistakes were made.

"I felt like if we played really, really well, we could have scored on them more," he said. "It could have been back and forth. But we made mistakes.

WHAT!!!!!!!!!
Huge mistake getting off the bus. No way they were gonna recover from that!

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: bulldog on November 29, 2018, 05:56:12 pm

WHAT!!!!!!!!!

It's coach speak. He wasn't saying they'd have won; he was suggesting they didn't play their best football and that had they played better, the score wouldn't have been so lopsided. It reminds me of when FSU won the national title in 2013. During that season, they beat Clemson 51-14. After the game, Coach Swinney from Clemson said he thought that if they played 10 times, Clemson would win 5. Now THAT was crazy talk, but thinking on it more, I understood where he was coming from. It was obviously hyperbole, as they were completely dominated, but they also didn't play very well and had they played better the game would've been closer.

WonderWartHawg

Lamar's MO (control the clock, minimize other team's possessions) is great IF you don't get behind and have to go away from the plan.

They simply got too far behind too soon. Great team, but just got taken out of their game plan pretty quickly.

Rison's speed caused some missed tackles and let some runners get loose outside.

So, I guess those were some of the 'mistakes' the coach was talking about. Missed tackles and losing edge contain.
A defensive breakdown that let Rison really break open the game by scoring twice in the final minute of the first half was the final nail.

MR#1

Quote from: WonderWartHawg on November 30, 2018, 09:24:06 am
Lamar's MO (control the clock, minimize other team's possessions) is great IF you don't get behind and have to go away from the plan.

They simply got too far behind too soon. Great team, but just got taken out of their game plan pretty quickly.

Rison's speed caused some missed tackles and let some runners get loose outside.

So, I guess those were some of the 'mistakes' the coach was talking about. Missed tackles and losing edge contain.
A defensive breakdown that let Rison really break open the game by scoring twice in the final minute of the first half was the final nail.

Bottom line: Last Friday night (when it mattered most), Rison was better than Lamar.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas