• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEMIFINALS - Harrison @ PA

Started by PA Dad, November 16, 2018, 09:26:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PA Dad

November 16, 2018, 09:26:58 pm Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 07:04:22 pm by Coach DePriest, Shiloh Christian
Ok Posty tell us how the Gobs gonna punish!

This should be a great game.  Harrison looks very good.  PA seems to improve every game.

Can Harrison break the winning streak?

the voice

Dad I have to say the gobs roll next week , all west final

Overdahill

I felt in the beginning that the winner of the PA - McClellan game would win it all. Still feel that way

the voice

Huskey won't let the gobs lose against PA

PA Dad

Quote from: the voice on November 16, 2018, 09:28:02 pm

That's certainly possible but the odds are against PA and LRC both losing.

the voice

Gonna be great games this week!!! All classy posters too !!!

the voice

We all respect each other !!

Central AR

Quote from: the voice on November 16, 2018, 09:28:02 pm

+5000 odds that occurs.

JessieP

There isn't a team left that PA won't mercy rule. I wish that wasn't the case but it is.

PA Dad

Quote from: JessieP on November 16, 2018, 09:50:53 pm
There isn't a team left that PA won't mercy rule. I wish that wasn't the case but it is.

I will be VERY surprised if P.A. mercy rules Harrison.

RyanLR

Go Postal

November 16, 2018, 09:59:11 pm #11 Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 10:00:55 pm by Go Postal
Semifinals
Central vs West.  Private schools vs public schools.

PA (11-1) hasn't lost to a Arkansas team in 5 years.
GOBS (12-0) hasn't been in a semifinal game since winning the title in 1999.

PA beat the Goblins in the quarterfinals last year.

Let the talks begin...

BRUINS LOOKING FOR #5 GOBLINS ARE ON A MISSION ONE GAME AT A TIME

Deuceswild

Keep my seat warm boys, I'm back!!! This what I've been waiting for all year

RD™

the voice

Quote from: JessieP on November 16, 2018, 09:50:53 pm
ha ha
They get tested this week. Harrison by 4

JacketFan

I will be extremely shocked if PA mercy rules that Harrison team, there OL is extremely good, everyone talks about Huskey, but that line deserves a lot of credit.  There defense is extremely good, but Kelley will find its weakness and get his points.  This is gonna be a great game for sure.  It's a toss up for me, I think whoever wins the turnover battle wins this game.  Congrats to all the winners tonite, and best of luck next week.  Great season Jackets, hold your head high, Go Jackets

Yellowcake

With all due respect, the mercy rule will be invoked. PA is just flat out good. It will be a game for one quarter, maybe.

Bergman1820

November 16, 2018, 11:55:46 pm #17 Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 11:57:46 pm by Bergman1820
Why do the Goblins have to travel? They haven't lost this season, but PA has.

High Voltage

Quote from: Bergman1820 on November 16, 2018, 11:55:46 pm
PA lost a non conference game. Both are #1 seeds.

High Voltage

It will take the 3rd quarter but PA will invoke the mercy rule.

JessieP

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 16, 2018, 11:34:45 pm
With all due respect, the mercy rule will be invoked. PA is just flat out good. It will be a game for one quarter, maybe.

Agreed. I think PA Dad is simply too polite. I watched the LRCA/Texarkana game and was flipping over to the Wynne/Harrison game. There is no one out there that can hang with PA.

PA Dad

Quote from: JessieP on November 17, 2018, 12:49:52 am
Agreed. I think PA Dad is simply too polite. I watched the LRCA/Texarkana game and was flipping over to the Wynne/Harrison game. There is no one out there that can hang with PA.

My opinion has nothing to do with being polite.

PA is much better than I thought they would be at the beginning of the year.  But Harrison is a dang good team.  I think PA can win the game but I don't see them dominating Harrison.

Go Postal

Quote from: PA Dad on November 16, 2018, 09:26:58 pm
Ok Posty tell us how the Gobs gonna punish!

This should be a great game.  Harrison looks very good.  PA seems to improve every game.

Can Harrison break the winning streak?

GOBLINS ARE ON A MISSION ONE GAME AT A TIME

Go Postal

Quote from: Bergman1820 on November 16, 2018, 11:55:46 pm
Both are #1 seeds but PA is in the upper branch of the lower bracket.  The higher seed or the upper branch, if they are the same seed, always hosts.  If McClellan would have won, even though they are in the upper branch, they are a lower seed and the semis would have been at Harrison instead.

the voice

November 17, 2018, 06:11:09 am #24 Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 08:39:25 am by the voice
It's very difficult to watch two different games and decide whether  or not one could beat the other. There's simply too many things that are different. It's all about matching up .  I'm a Morrilton supporter, however I've stated many times that Harrison is a contender. Every week they've beaten another. I'm not saying they win this game , but it will not surprise me. This is really is a great semifinal.

Yellowcake

Absent a turnover or the half ending and PA having the ball, PA will score every drive.

Looking forward to seeing you again Deuces!! Wear your hoodie!

Drama Mama ™

November 17, 2018, 09:49:12 am #26 Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 09:54:21 am by Drama Mama ™
This is the week the Gobs have been waiting for for ! Do I think the Gobs are gonna roll in and " punish " , probably not 😉 this will be a show down between 2 great teams . Anyone who predicts the Gobs getting mercy ruled by PA ? Y'all just crazy ! 🤣 but one thing I can guarantee , you're gonna know who the Goblins are when the dust settles .  I think our record speaks for itself .  This team has been years in the making .  We're just fortunate that we have an amazing coach and staff in place that has brought the football program back from the dead !  I gotta give big kudos to not only the players and their fearless leaders . Big atta boy to a group of dads that started an elite football team called the Harrison Hogs . A big part of our team is a by product of what they started and it shows every single Friday night .  So , we're gonna head South on Friday .  We're gonna let our haters be our motivators 🙃   We're packing up the team , the cheerleaders , the band , the pep buses and the best group of traveling parents and fans and we'll see who has the better team and the better "shiz" talkers when it's all said and done ! #goblintrainisrolling

Go Postal

November 17, 2018, 09:56:17 am #27 Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 09:58:52 am by Go Postal
See RD and Steve Perry, Drama Mama is still around. ∆∆∆

#goblintrainisrolling

Go Postal

I've always enjoyed watching the Bruins onside kickoffs but I can see why they seldom punt or do FGs...

PA Bruin Fan

With all due respect to the Gobs, I don't see any evidence to suggest they "roll" PA.  They've beaten a couple of good teams, but a majority of their regular season schedule were teams with losing records.  I expect a hard fought game for 2-3 qtrs, then PA pulls away.  Did anyone expect PA to mercy LRMC?  PA is red hot right now, with offense and defense playing their best ball of the season so far. 

the voice

November 17, 2018, 11:04:37 am #30 Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 12:22:01 pm by the voice
Same song different verse , Harrison is a contender. Keep thinking that way. Could be another team from the west rolls in and ends PAs rein. No one outside of Morrilton expected the dogs to win there. Harrison maybe be the team to do it.

Go Postal

November 17, 2018, 11:18:16 am #31 Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 11:20:26 am by Go Postal
Quote from: PA Bruin Fan on November 17, 2018, 10:53:27 am
With all due respect to the Gobs, I don't see any evidence to suggest they "roll" PA.  They've beaten a couple of good teams, but a majority of their regular season schedule were teams with losing records.  I expect a hard fought game for 2-3 qtrs, then PA pulls away.  Did anyone expect PA to mercy LRMC?  PA is red hot right now, with offense and defense playing their best ball of the season so far. 
So if I'm understanding you correctly is that you're basically saying is that Harrison hasn't played any "quality opponents" because they haven't played PA yet and all other teams that haven't made it to the semis on either bracket or LRCA (that PA beat already) and Morriton (that Harrison beat already) aren't that good because they are not PA.  The Warriors, Devil Dogs and Goblins should just give up, because we are not good quality enough.
To set the record straight, I am a Bruin and Goblin fan in two sports, football and boys/girls soccer and expect both town's teams to play up to their potential.  Hype or no hype.

Deltaswarm3

Quote from: PA Dad on November 16, 2018, 09:53:34 pm
I will be VERY surprised if P.A. mercy rules Harrison.
After seeing both teams, I won't be surprised!

Drama Mama ™

November 17, 2018, 11:39:06 am #33 Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 11:41:40 am by Drama Mama ™
Quote from: PA Bruin Fan on November 17, 2018, 10:53:27 am
Yes , we've played nobody 😉 pretty sure nobody from the Goblinhood has "suggested that we are going to roll PA".   confident that we can play with PA on Friday ? Heck to the yes ! Intimidated by PA ? Heck no . Physically we can hang . Mentallly ? Gonna be pretty darn tough to get in our teams head and take us out of "our game " .  Could the Gobs end the rein of the university of PA ?  Absolutely !   I know y'all aren't use to anyone being able to "hang" with ya . But neither are we .  And for the record , if by some chance the Gobs don't take care of business this week ? I will be the first poster on here to congratulate your team and wish you well in the "big show "  #stayhumble

Drama Mama ™

PA Bruin Fan

Quote from: Go Postal on November 17, 2018, 11:18:16 am
So if I'm understanding you correctly is that you're basically saying is that Harrison hasn't played any "quality opponents" because they haven't played PA yet and all other teams that haven't made it to the semis on either bracket or LRCA (that PA beat already) and Morriton (that Harrison beat already) aren't that good because they are not PA.  The Warriors, Devil Dogs and Goblins should just give up, because we are not good quality enough.
To set the record straight, I am a Bruin and Goblin fan in two sports, football and boys/girls soccer and expect both town's teams to play up to their potential.  Hype or no hype.

That's about right, yes

Bergman1820

Quote from: Go Postal on November 17, 2018, 05:33:37 am
Both are #1 seeds but PA is in the upper branch of the lower bracket.  The higher seed or the upper branch, if they are the same seed, always hosts.  If McClellan would have won, even though they are in the upper branch, they are a lower seed and the semis would have been at Harrison instead.

Thank you for explaining.

Sports Guru

Bruins going for title 5 man what a well coached team!! I remember when Crossett used to play em very good team indeed.

Bruins 49 Goblins 28

Go Postal

InYoGrill

From V town, Grill and the other Eagle posters are pulling for the GOBS to just beat the  University of Pulaski Academy by one point by any means. We got your back Gobs! Go Harrison, Go West!

IYG has spoken

JessieP

November 17, 2018, 06:24:43 pm #40 Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 07:42:43 pm by JessieP
I wonder if this is the first year some posters have ever watched football? It must be. By saying PA will win is in no way, shape or form disrespecting Harrison. PA is playing on another level. They would beat any team in the 5A by a comfortable margin. It's quite simple, Harrison is UCF. Undefeated, beating everyone on their schedule and screaming about the lack of respect they get. PA is Alabama, Next level football. It is possible to have total respect and admiration for Harrison and still say PA will whip them, They will.

je100

November 17, 2018, 07:16:43 pm #41 Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 07:20:30 pm by je100
PA 42 Gobs 27

Harrison has played against better defenses, but hasn't played nearly against the offense that PA has.  Husky scores several times, but not enough.  Gets away from the Gobs late.

It's difficult to pick against Harrison, as I see them moving the ball mostly at will against PA.  But will Harrison have enough Defense to stop PA for four quarters?  I don't think so.

the voice

No one picked Morrilton to beat PA. I'm going to go with the gobs in a shoot out , a close game , less than one score ,

Go Postal

November 17, 2018, 07:46:39 pm #43 Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 07:48:39 pm by Go Postal
When they know they'll face PA, other teams will be like...

Having waited since last year to meet PA again, Goblins be like...

#goblintrainisrolling GOBLINS ARE ON A MISSION ONE GAME AT A TIME

Overdahill

Quote from: Go Postal on November 17, 2018, 07:46:39 pm
When they know they'll face PA, other teams will be like...

Having waited since last year to meet PA again, Goblins be like...

#goblintrainisrolling GOBLINS ARE ON A MISSION ONE GAME AT A TIME

you were right before

https://media.giphy.com/media/lk0TFUdop2JTW/giphy.gif

PA Dad

Harrison has a really good team.  Husky is an amazing back.  And the Harrison defense is very stout.

I do not think PA will mercy rule Harrison.  Harrison is just too good for that to happen.  But, as much as I hate to say this because I see it often on this board, Harrison hasn't faced a team like P.A.  Kelley is a master play caller.  If you double cover the receivers he will run you to death.  If you stack the box PA's precision passing will pick you apart.  And when you have P.A. in fourth and 15 they will demoralize you by making a first down.

PA's defense is always sold short.  They are small but they swarm the ball and gang tackle.

Posty, you are one of my favorite posters.  I pull for Harrison when they're not playing PA.  But I have to give PA the edge in this one.

I think we'll have an all Central championship game.

JessieP

Two years ago PA played Wynne for the state championship. Going into that game Wynne was undefeated and was steamrolling everyone. They were setting state records in rushing yards and did it behind a massive offensive line. They had 2 rb's go over 1,000 yards. On defense they were huge and fast, much much bigger than PA. I would say the state was split on who would win it. I was a massive mouthpiece proclaiming Wynne's physicality and running game were far too much for PA, their time was up. What KK and his coaches did was put together a game plan that had my jaw on the floor. When Wynne ran the ball you saw what looked like 18 skinny kids swarm them. I have never seen 11 players look like they outnumbered the other 11 by two to one. PA scored at will and by the 2nd quarter Wynne looked like a whipped puppy. So excuse me if I am not swayed but all the undefeated, great running back talk. As much as I would love to see a public school final my head tells my heart to sit down and shut up, It ain't gonna happen.

Go Postal

November 17, 2018, 10:28:09 pm #47 Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 10:31:36 pm by Go Postal
This is interesting.  Just throwing this out there.

PA average Points For per game is 49.25 for 12 games.
Harrison average Points For per game is 44.0 for 12 games.

The Bruins get 9.25 points per game better than the Goblins on average.

PA average Points Against per game is 18.08 for 12 games.
Harrison average Points Against per game is 8.16 for 12 games.

The Goblins stop 9.92 points per game better than the Bruins on average.

PA Dad

Quote from: Go Postal on November 17, 2018, 10:28:09 pm

Stats are fun.  But they are deceiving.  Mark Twain said "there are lies, dang lies and then there are statistics."

I have not looked at the numbers but I'd bet that about half of the points scored against PA were scored in the second half against the PA second or third team.  I assume the same is true for Harrison.

And the stats do not account for the quality of the opponent.  Stats are fun but rarely give much insight into which team will win.

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: Go Postal on November 17, 2018, 10:28:09 pm

McClellan was scoring 39.8ppg and only giving up 8.9ppg before Friday night.  The most points scored on them had been 21 by Texarkana.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas