• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

8-4A Basketball Schedules, and Score thread

Started by Sports Guru, November 13, 2018, 04:26:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

wait4it

Even NCAA teams have a certain organization about the offense.  So you think that helter skelter is going to win at the high school level?  I have seen Ford play and he is pretty good.  I have also seen him get blocked at the rim because he did not elevate over the defense.  He has got to develop elevation on his shot.  The freshmen that shoots 3s (Garland) has been cold as of late from what I hear.  Team ball and organization coupled with good defense and Magnolia is a force.

MR.GOMAB

Quote from: wait4it on February 08, 2019, 11:28:30 am
Even NCAA teams have a certain organization about the offense.  So you think that helter skelter is going to win at the high school level?  I have seen Ford play and he is pretty good.  I have also seen him get blocked at the rim because he did not elevate over the defense.  He has got to develop elevation on his shot.  The freshmen that shoots 3s (Garland) has been cold as of late from what I hear.  Team ball and organization coupled with good defense and Magnolia is a force.

Very good analysis. I agree with Ford and Garland as good as they are as Freshmen they still have room for improvement, thank God they are just Freshmen. I didn't agree with the 5 pass thing with the talent they have but they do have a better sense of organization on the offensive end now. Ford is a hard worker as is Garland. They have other talented players as well and they play very good defense as a team. Ford will always guard the other teams best player and just about take them out of the game while still being able to do his usual on the offensive end. He is a hard nose defender. Garland has been cold and is in a shooting slump as of late...I believe it's more of a confidence thing...He will get his Grove back going into tournament time.

Mr.Magnolia06

Neckred

Too much of a structured offense is not good IMO.  Paralysis by analysis. Are they playing 4 or 5 out spacing it out?

Mr.Magnolia06

They play more 5 out,,,,, they been playing more man to man which is nice because the hole team has great defense,,, and they play fast ball

MR.GOMAB

February 08, 2019, 09:04:45 pm #155 Last Edit: February 08, 2019, 09:59:26 pm by MR.GOMAB
Magnolia 71- Star City 67

Poorly officiated game. Probably the worst I've witnessed this year. But the Panther weathered the storm and move to 9-1 in conference play and 16-4 overall.

Freshman Garland led the Panthers with 20, Junior Beasley had 17 and Roach/Ford had 10 a piece.

Shout out to #2 Williams from Star City...That kid can shoot it!! I know he had at least 9 made 3's from way deep and finished with 32.

Mr.Magnolia06

Yessss poor calling the refs was on another level,,,,and yes #2  was on fire,,10+ 3s

wait4it

February 09, 2019, 07:48:46 am #157 Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 02:17:31 pm by wait4it
Camden Fairview beat Monticello. Magnolia has 2 game lead over second place with 2 games left.

MR.GOMAB

Quote from: wait4it on February 09, 2019, 07:48:46 am
Camden Fairview beat Monticello. Magnoliaschools has 2 game lead over second place with 2 games left.

Really? Wow..Didnt expect that loss. Camden loss some key players.

Mr.Magnolia06

wait4it

If Camden wins out I think they will be the 2 seed.  Monticello 3. Star City should be 4.

Mr.Magnolia06

wait4it

My prediction for south region matchup
1-Magnolia vs 4-Malvern
2-Camden Fairview vs 3-Bauxite
3-Monticello vs 2-Arkadelphia
4-Star City vs 1-Mena

Teams advancing to state:
Magnolia
CF
Monticello
Mena (If they win their district tournament)

MR.GOMAB

Quote from: wait4it on February 11, 2019, 11:52:58 am
My prediction for south region matchup
1-Magnolia vs 4-Malvern
2-Camden Fairview vs 3-Bauxite
3-Monticello vs 2-Arkadelphia
4-Star City vs 1-Mena

Teams advancing to state:
Magnolia
CF
Monticello
Mena (If they win their district tournament)

I thought Mena was pretty good??

wait4it

They are.  But if they have to face Monticello or CF in the first round of regional then I dont see them making state.  Just my opinion.

Mr.Magnolia06

Right Mena is good but I still think any of the South top 4 cann beat them that's just my thoughts

MR.GOMAB

Magnolia defeats Hamburg 75-46 to Become Conference Champions. Junior PG Beasley Led Magnolia with 21 points followed by The Freshman Duo Ford and Garland with 20 and 18 points respectively.

Magnolia is now 10-1 in conference with one game remaining Friday vs Warren on Senior night at home for the 2 Seniors Roach and Strickland. The 17-4 overall Pathers will begin Regional Tournament play Next week in Mena.

Mr.Magnolia06

Everyone played great tonight ,,,,#0 for Hamburg aka mr Eldorado lol was having a great game till he hurt his wrest hope he is ok,,,,,# let's go Panthers,,,, and quick question since Malvern boys lost tonight 66-55 to Nashville do that mean magnolia looking more at Nashville now for a regional match up

MR.GOMAB

Got to see how things shake out on their end. Nashville plays Mena in Semi finals and Arkadelphia faces Bauxite. I dont know how they will be seeded.

dc24

Warren girls over Monticello 54-35 and Warren boys over the Billies 50-35 last night. Game was played at Warren after repairs to the gym were made.

Mr.Magnolia06

Really dang Monticello ending their season rough,, they got the big win over magnolia then bam bam

wait4it

Seems like the Billies have fallen apart.  They need to get it together quick.  Regional tournament is next week.  CF also in a bumpy patch.  Magnolia looks to close out the season at home against Warren Friday night with a win.  Panthers looking tough to beat. 

MR.GOMAB

Quote from: wait4it on February 14, 2019, 08:29:00 am
Seems like the Billies have fallen apart.  They need to get it together quick.  Regional tournament is next week.  CF also in a bumpy patch.  Magnolia looks to close out the season at home against Warren Friday night with a win.  Panthers looking tough to beat.

They are starting to play some really really good ball especially on the defensive end. The offense feeds off the defense and it is very balanced. D. Ford told me yesterday when we talked (All these kids are in my college prep educational program) It's time to take it to another level. So I am excited for them, especially with them being freshmen a deep run could mean good things for the future in Magnolia.

Mr.Magnolia06

They are looking better and better every game I thought they looked good even when they lost against Monticello,,,,,,only losen 2 Sr,,,,but the 9th grader team looking very nice pretty sure going to be easy to replace the Sr next year,,,,9th grade boys and girls playing for district championship today

Neckred

Quote from: Mr.Magnolia06 on February 14, 2019, 01:23:33 pm
They are looking better and better every game I thought they looked good even when they lost against Monticello,,,,,,only losen 2 Sr,,,,but the 9th grader team looking very nice pretty sure going to be easy to replace the Sr next year,,,,9th grade boys and girls playing for district championship today
So they might win conference with 3 9th graders playing up with HS?  Wow

MR.GOMAB

Quote from: Neckred on February 14, 2019, 02:26:15 pm
So they might win conference with 3 9th graders playing up with HS?  Wow

They moved three freshmen up who played all year. Ford, Garland and Williams. Williams is a solid basketball player but a better football player. Ford and Garland are Studs!! Ford is a top ten player in Arkansas all classifications and the #1 Freshman in the state with official offers from Baylor, OK State and Texas A&M as a 9th grader. Garland is ranked the #14 Freshman in the state and shoots lights out. They are 10-1 in conference, they clinched the conference championship Tuesday night. Friday is the last conference game.

Mr.Magnolia06

MR.GOMAB

After seeing how the District tourney has played out on the other side. Magnolia will face the loser of the Mena and Arkadelphia game. Mena was the #1 seed and Arkadoo was the #2 seed and both were upset in the Semi Finals.

Mr.Magnolia06

MR.GOMAB

Magnolia finishes the regular season with an 18-4 overall record and a 11-1 conference record. They are the #1 seed going into the South Regional Tourney at Mena. They Also Moved Sharp shooting Freshman PG Adrian Walker to join his fellow Freshmen Ford, Garland and Williams for the stretch run. Good Luck Panthers!!!

Bearcat45

So is this 8-4A final seedings for regionals?

1-Magnolia
2-Camden Fairview
3-Monticello
4-Star City

wait4it

Quote from: Bearcat45 on February 16, 2019, 07:33:11 am
So is this 8-4A final seedings for regionals?

1-Magnolia
2-Camden Fairview
3-Monticello
4-Star City
that looks to be correct

Neckred

Quote from: MR.GOMAB on February 15, 2019, 10:04:33 pm
Magnolia finishes the regular season with an 18-4 overall record and a 11-1 conference record. They are the #1 seed going into the South Regional Tourney at Mena. They Also Moved Sharp shooting Freshman PG Adrian Walker to join his fellow Freshmen Ford, Garland and Williams for the stretch run. Good Luck Panthers!!!
Will Walker get playing time?

MR.GOMAB

Quote from: Neckred on February 16, 2019, 01:32:42 pm
Will Walker get playing time?

Yes I believe he will, he played last night earlier than I expected vs Warren.

MR.GOMAB

Magnolia will play Mena in the 1st Round of the South Regional Tourney.

Monticello will Play Arkadelphia in the 1st round.

Camden vs Nashville/Bauxite

Star City vs Nashville/Bauxite

~WPS~

Pretty sure Camden is the 2 and Monticello is the 3.

MR.GOMAB

Quote from: ~WPS~ on February 16, 2019, 07:32:04 pm
Pretty sure Camden is the 2 and Monticello is the 3.

Your right! I stand corrected. Camden will play Arkadelphia in the first round.

Us seeing Mena first is scary...I've heard many home cooking stories of playing up there. Magnolia is better...Just gonna have to end it early.

~WPS~

It's pretty bad up here but Mena is going to need more than home cooking.

MR.GOMAB

Quote from: ~WPS~ on February 16, 2019, 07:51:23 pm
It's pretty bad up here but Mena is going to need more than home cooking.

Magnolia is way better. Just have to handle business!

MR.GOMAB

#1 Magnolia vs #4 Mena
#2 Camden Fairview vs #3 Arkadelphia
#3 Monticello vs #2 Bauxite
#4 Star City vs. #1 Nashville

Sports Guru

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas