• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Danville / Smackover moved to El Dorado High School

Started by DanvilleFan, November 13, 2018, 01:14:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DanvilleFan

Friday's Round 2 playoff game has been moved to El Dorado's Memorial Stadium. The address is 1201 N West Ave, El Dorado, AR.

Jimbo Morphis

OB11

Horse Shoe

Danville fans that are traveling.  There is a separate entrance for the visitors side for Memorial Stadium. You cannot get to the Visitors side if you enter the stadium on the Home side.  There is a separate parking lot on the east side that will save you a lot of walking.

LJ1985

Horse Shoe

Quote from: LJ1985 on November 13, 2018, 06:41:25 pm
Thanks Horse Shoe.  Appreciate the info
Not a problem. Safe travels to all making the trip.

Sick Dog

I told you people not to fall for that crap!! Don't you all know that is just a way for them to play on turf so they can use their speed to win? Why would yall fall for that?

Horse Shoe

Quote from: Sick Dog on November 13, 2018, 08:36:05 pm
I told you people not to fall for that crap!! Don't you all know that is just a way for them to play on turf so they can use their speed to win? Why would yall fall for that?
Word around here is that the AAA had some influence in the change of venue.

Lanny

Danville vs Smackover
El Dorado High School
2000 Wildcat Dr, El Dorado AR 71730
November 16, 2018, 7:00 p.m.

Senior Roger

Smackover has a very talented team, but danville has a good program too. Lots of seniors on the team, this could play a major factor in the game in the fact that all those seniors are not going to be an away game at eldo field to be there last football game ever. Should be a good matchup and really rooting for Danville.

Horse Shoe

Quote from: Lanny on November 14, 2018, 07:42:58 am

Danville vs Smackover
El Dorado High School
2000 Wildcat Dr, El Dorado AR 71730
November 16, 2018, 7:00 p.m.
Memorial Stadium is NOT at the High School. It is downtown El Dorado.  1201 N. West Ave.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Horse Shoe on November 14, 2018, 08:24:56 am
Memorial Stadium is NOT at the High School. It is downtown El Dorado.  1201 N. West Ave.
The boss is always right.

Horse Shoe

Horse Shoe

November 14, 2018, 09:26:11 am #13 Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 09:28:46 am by Horse Shoe
Quote from: Oldman on November 14, 2018, 08:44:53 am
The boss is always right.
I guess we could leave the Danville fans to wonder aimlessly around El Dorado.  If they are like me they will not stop and ask for directions.  I'll find it on my own. Took me an hour to find Fordyce's field the first time.  Told my wife I know exactly where it is.

ISU7

Quote from: Horse Shoe on November 14, 2018, 09:26:11 am
I guess we could leave the Danville fans to wonder aimlessly around El Dorado.  If they are like me they will not stop and ask for directions.  I'll find it on my own.
Just look for the bright lights reflection in the sky. Crest played Smackover there in one half of the 2015 3A semifinals game. It was fun. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Horse Shoe

Quote from: ISU7 on November 14, 2018, 09:31:50 am
Just look for the bright lights reflection in the sky. Crest played Smackover there in one half of the 2015 3A semifinals game. It was fun. ;D ;D ;D ;D
And what a half it was.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Horse Shoe on November 14, 2018, 09:26:11 am
I guess we could leave the Danville fans to wonder aimlessly around El Dorado.  If they are like me they will not stop and ask for directions.  I'll find it on my own. Took me an hour to find Fordyce's field the first time.  Told my wife I know exactly where it is.
It must have taken special skill to wander around lost for an hour in Fordyce. You could get lost for a week in El Dorado.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 14, 2018, 12:28:40 pm
It must have taken special skill to wander around lost for an hour in Fordyce. You could get lost for a week in El Dorado.
H wouldn't last a week in El Do
The 10th time you go past Wal Mart take a right.

bleudog

November 14, 2018, 01:11:53 pm #18 Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 01:13:32 pm by bleudog
"It's just a football game. I don't know how a turf helps anybody. Both teams run the ball with a running back and throw it a little bit. So, I don't know that it helps or hurts or does anything to either one of us," said (Brian) Brown, who said the Littlejohns also play their home games on grass.

CLICK HERE

Dude, playing on grass had a whole different connotation in the 70's.  8)

Horse Shoe

I may have exaggerated the time a little. If you have never been to Paul Bear Bryant field, it's not easy to find.  And this was before the Google Maps Era.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Horse Shoe on November 14, 2018, 02:01:47 pm
I may have exaggerated the time a little. If you have never been to Paul Bear Bryant field, it's not easy to find.  And this was before the Google Maps Era.
I can relate. I made my first trip to Melbourne's field a few weeks ago. I was lucky and went right to it. Others were not, even with GPS. It's a few miles outside of town and not visible from the highway.

WHITEchicken

Off topic a little but I followed my gps to the address for the Warren softball field and ended up 5 miles out of Fordyce. Not a fun trip.

501Arkansas

bleudog

Photo by Reginald Holly

Snow in South Arkansas: Snow fills the fieldat Memorial Stadium in El Dorado on Wednesday.

Kevin

Horse Shoe

Quote from: bleudog on November 15, 2018, 07:22:48 am

Photo by Reginald
Holly

Snow in South Arkansas: Snow fills the fieldat Memorial Stadium in El Dorado on Wednesday.
That's got to be an old photo.  The new track is purple. 

bleudog

November 15, 2018, 09:36:18 am #26 Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 10:12:39 am by bleudog
Quote from: Horse Shoe on November 15, 2018, 08:37:32 am
That's got to be an old photo.  The new track is purple. 

The picture is on the front page of this morning's paper and other than the brick on the Municipal Auditorium, there's not much color in the drone shot. 

I guess plastic attracts what little snow we got.

It was all gone in an couple of hours anyway.

Don't be a horse's "a few feet above the back shoe."

Laugh a little.

CLICK HERE

Horse Shoe

Quote from: bleudog on November 15, 2018, 09:36:18 am
The picture is on the front page of this morning's paper and other than the brick on the Municipal Auditorium, there's not much color in the drone shot. 

I guess plastic attracts what little snow we got.

It was all gone in an couple of hours anyway.

Don't be a horse's "a few feet above the back shoe."

Laugh a little.

CLICK HERE
Didn't think it snowed enough for that much coverage is all.  I don't read the paper.  All the real news is here anyway.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: 501Arkansas on November 15, 2018, 12:45:09 am
Will it be in el dorado next week also?
Not likely. they won't want to tackle the Seminoles on turf. They'll be hoping against hope that playing in a mudhole will slow them down.

Horse Shoe

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 15, 2018, 10:57:09 am
Not likely. they won't want to tackle the Seminoles on turf. They'll be hoping against hope that playing in a mudhole will slow them down.
You got us pegged, don't ya. 

imtie

Do you really think that the noles have just that much more speed. you are in for a wakeup call man. The speed will be equal.

CoolBreeze

flow51

Quote from: imtie on November 15, 2018, 11:15:23 am
Do you really think that the noles have just that much more speed. you are in for a wakeup call man. The speed will be equal.

Not even close...

Horse Shoe

bleudog

November 15, 2018, 04:09:13 pm #34 Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 04:10:44 pm by bleudog
I assume these 'noles of which you speak are Osceola.

LaLaLand thinks that could be a good one (if the bracket rolls like most folks think).

CALPREPS.COM
Your source for high school football scores, standings & rankings

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2018] Smackover (AR) 38, [2018] Osceola (AR) 31

imtie

Quote from: bleudog on November 15, 2018, 04:09:13 pm
I assume these 'noles of which you speak are Osceola.

LaLaLand thinks that could be a good one (if the bracket rolls like most folks think).

CALPREPS.COM
Your source for high school football scores, standings & rankings

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2018] Smackover (AR) 38, [2018] Osceola (AR) 31

If it does happen it will be a game for sure! But the might noles will be knocked on the face like they haven't this year. The game will be a nail biter for sure

501Arkansas

Quote from: imtie on November 15, 2018, 08:24:47 pm
If it does happen it will be a game for sure! But the might noles will be knocked on the face like they haven't this year. The game will be a nail biter for sure
"Knocked to the face" I doubt it

ISU7

November 15, 2018, 11:03:46 pm #37 Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 11:07:07 pm by ISU7
Smackover has plenty of speed, sometimes
it's about eye discipline and angles.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas