• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Happy Veterans Day

Started by JacketFan, November 12, 2018, 07:12:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JacketFan

To all the Veterans on here, I would like to say thank you for your unwavering service to this great nation.  Without you guys we would not have the right to get on here and speak freely, or have all the other freedoms that we take for granted daily.  So from the bottom of my heart, Thank you for your service. 

Overdahill

Quote from: JacketFan on November 12, 2018, 07:12:07 am
To all the Veterans on here, I would like to say thank you for your unwavering service to this great nation.  Without you guys we would not have the right to get on here and speak freely, or have all the other freedoms that we take for granted daily.  So from the bottom of my heart, Thank you for your service.

Amen and well said JacketFan!

Maynard G Krebs

MDXPHD

There are several on the 5A board that are veterans - I appreciate all they have done for our country as well. I think JacketFan's post says it well. I will endorse it, even though he's from Wynne.

Grill - even though Vilonia is terrible at pretty much everything, we all support you, especially today!

Go Postal

Here are some of the veterans that I know of listed below.  It would be great if anyone that is not listed on here, to add their avatar name, branch, years and thoughts on this thread also.

PA Dad
Little Rock
US Army
82nd Airborne
1972-1976
Also served with the 25th Infantry Division in Hawaii and the 2nd Infantry Division in Korea.  I patrolled the DMZ in Korea.
Those were good experiences for me.
Posty, and all other veterans, thanks for your service.  Where would we be without you?

Proud_dad
Wynne
US Army
1998-2010
1st Cav and 4th ID. Been deployed several times overseas. 2 times to Iraq, Afghanistan, and Africa just to name a few.
Much love and respect for my brothers and sisters in arms.

SHHS Soccer
Sherwood
U.S. Navy
Surface Warfare Officer
1987 - 1993
Thank you to all fellow veterans, it was an honor and a privilege to have been able to serve with you.

InYoGrill
USAF 87-90, Nuclear weapons loader on B-52's. Alert pad duty during Soviet Union Cold War. Trained like mad dogs to punch old Russia in the throat if needed. Glad it didn't happen. Strength and Deterrence wins wars that hopefully are never fought!
91- Present, Air National Guard E-8 and current First Sgt for my MQ-9 Reaper drone unit. Worked on F16, A10, C130, C141,and C5's. Deployed to Balad, Iraq 2005 and Ali Al Salem, Kuwait 2016-2017.
Would like to say thank you and ultimate respect to all the veterans on the FF board and throughout our country! Also don't forget about all the wonderful supportive spouses and children who sacrifice along side us veterans. They sacrifice a lot as well!
I salute! I stand! I pledge allegiance! Respect America and Old Glory 4Eva!

Coach Jones
MSgt USAF/Arkansas ANG  1995-2016
Saudi 2001
Iraq 2003
Afghanistan 2010

Razordad
AF Intelligence, PH recipient here. Would not trade my service for anything, made me a much better man, husband and father, and made me appreciate how great and special our country really is.

MrShakezzzz2014
United States Marine Corps
2015 - Present
Lance Corporal / E3
Currently serving a 24 month unaccompanied tour in Okinawa Japan.
I think I can safely speak for all of my brothers and sisters in arms when I say, we greatly appreciate the support of all of you! Semper Fi

walkingguy72396
My a** rode in navy equipment, Norway, Denmark, Germany, Turkey, Spain, South Korea, Japan, Phillipines.
LST's Saginaw, Manitowac, LPH Guadacanal, LHA Peleliu.
If only they had maid service.

Hoghead2
AMEC (AW) Retired Chief Petty Officer
1977-1998
FIGHTER Squadrons 103, 43, 31, 33, 101and 84 at Naval Air Station Oceana Virginia. Training Squadron 4 at Pensacola Naval Air Station,  AME "A" School Course Supervisor and Leading Chief Petty Officer 1995-98 Millington TN and Pensacola Florida. 
F-4 Phantoms, A-4 Skyhawks, T-2 Buckeyes F-14 Tomcat
5 deployments to the Mediterranean, Indian Ocean and Persian Gulf aboard the Aircraft Carriers  Saratoga, Forrestal and America

Go Postal
US Navy
Personnelman 3rd Class Petty Officer
1978-1982
Blue-nosed Shellback (crossed the Arctic Circle and the Equator)
14 countries, Caribbbean Sea, Arctic Circle, Atlantic Ocean, Mediterranean Sea, Indian Ocean and was the farthest distance traveled from Virginia, around the southern tip of Africa to Singapore.  Which was also our longest time at sea of 8 months with only 5 days on land during the Naval support off the coast of Iran during the 1980 American hostage situation. 
Naval support during 1982 evacuation of Beirut.

Newest Carrier in the Fleet at the time
USS Dwight D. Eisenhower CVN 69
I salute you my Brothers and Sisters in arms!

pantherblue

Thanks Postal and all active and retired members of our armed forces!!  Happy Veterans Day!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas