• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Smackover vs Danville

Started by imtie, November 09, 2018, 10:11:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dc3

Halftime. Sounds like missed tackles and penalties are killing the Little Johns.

Horse Shoe

Quote from: dc3 on November 16, 2018, 08:12:40 pm
Halftime. Sounds like missed tackles and penalties are killing the Little Johns.
Along with #6.

Smackover Fan

It would be a tie game if the Little John's weren't shooting themselves in the foot. My understanding is that this isn't new to them this year, and that's unfortunate, because they look like a real good football team.

BuckHead

Turner is the best back in the state. I think he's close to 200 and it's just now halftime.

Smackover Fan

Quote from: BuckHead on November 16, 2018, 08:15:22 pm
Turner is the best back in the state. I think he's close to 200 and it's just now halftime.

Kids an absolute monster.

BuckHead

dc3

Jimbo Morphis

Horse Shoe

Jimbo Morphis

dc3

Proud Buckaroo

imtie

Play calling was so predictable. If we play the noles in eldo it will.be tough to stay in the game. Danville is a good team no doubt but smack speed won the game. Next week they better keep the best players on the field period. Only put greg on defense when we were only up by 1 td. He will.have to be on defense the hole game next week Javon cramping hurt the defense in the second half

1wildcat

The only thing that matters.... Smackover got it done!

501Arkansas

Quote from: imtie on November 16, 2018, 09:59:08 pm
Play calling was so predictable. If we play the noles in eldo it will.be tough to stay in the game. Danville is a good team no doubt but smack speed won the game. Next week they better keep the best players on the field period. Only put greg on defense when we were only up by 1 td. He will.have to be on defense the hole game next week Javon cramping hurt the defense in the second half
Can't wait

CoolBreeze

Bucks survive for one more week. But the Seminoles lie in ambush.

shiloh forever

Quote from: imtie on November 16, 2018, 09:59:08 pm
I dont think you understand the concept of the RPO lol........

WHITEchicken

Danville played a good game. Their offense gave smack fits at times. I'm sure they get focused and ready for the miles next week. Not having school is always a scary thought the week of thanksgiving. What does predictable play calling mean?

1wildcat

Quote from: WHITEchicken on November 17, 2018, 12:00:35 am
Danville played a good game. Their offense gave smack fits at times. I'm sure they get focused and ready for the miles next week. Not having school is always a scary thought the week of thanksgiving. What does predictable play calling mean?
It means you know whats coming but you still can't stop it. See the Rison Wildcats.

DanvilleFan

We still had plenty of penalties and 2 turnovers but I'm proud of our fight! Nobody expected us to be down by a TD going into the 4th.  The fumble on 4th and 1 really hurt too as we were driving down to tie the game.  Our team has face adversity all season and I'm very proud of them.  To miss as many starters and we did and to finish 8-4 is exceptional!  11, 49, 52, 55 and 67 were key players and others had to step in and fill that void. Nothing to hang our heads about, this team was fun to watch!

Hawgeye

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 16, 2018, 10:05:20 pm
Bucks survive for one more week. But the Seminoles lie in ambush.

That's not really making any sense.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Hawgeye on November 17, 2018, 06:12:24 am
That's not really making any sense.
I'll explain in simple terms. The Osceola Seminoles will massacre the Smackover Buckaroos. Can you understand that?

KOJACK

1wildcat

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 17, 2018, 10:06:18 am
I'll explain in simple terms. The Osceola Seminoles will massacre the Smackover Buckaroos. Can you understand that?
I do understand what you're saying, but it still doesn't make any sense.

Hawgeye

Quote from: CoolBreeze on November 17, 2018, 10:06:18 am

Again, what you suggested is Osceola was lying inside an ambush. Which means Smackover is doing the ambushing.

I believe what you're looking for is, "lie in wait".

LilBeastBIL

Quote from: BuckHead on November 16, 2018, 08:15:22 pm
Turner is the best back in the state. I think he's c7ishlose to 200 and it's just now halftime.

You must just be referring to 3a

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Hawgeye on November 17, 2018, 12:52:19 pm
Again, what you suggested is Osceola was lying inside an ambush. Which means Smackover is doing the ambushing.

I believe what you're looking for is, "lie in wait".
No, I meant exactly what I said. Where did you get "inside an ambush"? Certainly not form the words used.

FYI, "lying in ambush" is synonymous with "lying in wait" but is a bit more specific. It's possible that the expression is not used much anymore, but that does not make it an incorrect use of language.

BuckHead

Quote from: LilBeastBIL on November 19, 2018, 01:21:25 am
You must just be referring to 3a
Nope. All classes in my opinion. Almost 1500 yards rushing 28 touchdowns with less than 130 carries in about 9 games. 3 or 4 of those he didn't even play after halftime.

KOJACK

Turner is the most explosive back in 3A hands down. As far as the state goes, idk, but I wouldn't bet against him. Every time he touches it you hold your breath cause it could be 6.

Bearcatdad

Quote from: KOJACK on November 19, 2018, 08:27:28 pm
Turner is the most explosive back in 3A hands down. As far as the state goes, idk, but I wouldn't bet against him. Every time he touches it you hold your breath cause it could be 6.

Does he play defense as well.  What position

imtie

Quote from: Bearcatdad on November 19, 2018, 09:11:13 pm
Does he play defense as well.  What position

in games that are close like Prescott and this Friday yes. Beast at LB only played 1 drive on d against Danville

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: BuckHead on November 19, 2018, 07:26:03 pm
Nope. All classes in my opinion. Almost 1500 yards rushing 28 touchdowns with less than 130 carries in about 9 games. 3 or 4 of those he didn't even play after halftime.
I agree from what I've watched he is the best 5th year Senior in the state regardless of classification.

imtie

Quote from: Oldman on November 19, 2018, 09:58:33 pm
I agree from what I've watched he is the best 5th year Senior in the state regardless of classification.

haha

WHITEchicken

He doesn't have the best stats. There is a back with 2600 yards this year.

BuckHead

Quote from: WHITEchicken on November 19, 2018, 10:14:57 pm
He doesn't have the best stats. There is a back with 2600 yards this year.
On how many carries? In how many games? Against what kind of competition? Turner is the real deal and I stand on what I said. Name a back in this state that has better numbers in the amount of game played. He had almost 200 rushing against Danville before halftime. He runs so vicious and if he breaks you will NOT catch him.

Made

You're right Turner was the most explosive back in this state.....

https://www.hudl.com/profile/4261132/Jordan-Turner

Proud Buckaroo

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas